shape
carat
color
clarity

3rd ring in two years!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 6:17:52 PM
Author: cellentani
Gayletmom: Are you serious?! You lost your ring this past November?! That's just terrible!! I'm so sorry for you, but hope you find the ring of your dreams. Funny thing is, several months before I lost mine, I was browsing at my favorite local jewelry store and realized that my taste in rings had changed dramatically in 15 years. Never thought (or wished) it would have worked out this way, but at least something good's come out of it. I hope to see you post ideas about your new ring.

Do you know what kind of US cleaner you're planning to buy? I've read practically all the threads on this, but the Sharper Image units aren't really available anymore. I'm torn between the Gemoro Sparkle Spa (it can clean eyeglasses too) and the Gemoro 1 pint (smaller footprint, but looks like a mini commercial cleaner).
Cellentani, I LOVE the newest setting and I LOVED it with that blue topaz, so I say GO FOR IT and when the time comes to change again, make it a RHR and stick that blue topaz into it! :) I'm also wondering if you thought about putting an oval into that setting? I know you said you already traded your oval in, but I think that might look gorgeous, too!! I just don't know if it would fit or not or whatever. :)

I also wanted to mention that I would NOT get an ultrasonic cleaner if you get a ring with ANY KIND of pave in it..at all! When I would go to the jewelers and have them clean my ring, they'd put it in the US and I thought nothing of it, but after reading so much on PS, NEVER AGAIN!!! I don't have a lot of pave (and I'm not even sure if it IS pave??) in my band, but I want to be totally careful!!! Unlike many of you lucky ladies, this setting, which is relatively INexpensive compared to so many others' rings, was/is VERY expensive for FI and I! LOL We're young and just starting out, so that's our reason, but still...I'd hate for something to happen to it! ANYWAY, that being said, I would just really steer clear of the US. I have one of those little jar type things with cleaning solution in it that the jeweler gave us when FI got the ring and I stick the ring in there, swirl the container until the cleaner gets foamy, then use the little brush to get anything icky off of it, and it's just as good as the US, but without the risk!! :) Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you got a good warning about that before you went and did it! :)

-Rachel

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LeilaniRL

Rough_Rock
Cellentani, I say ANY ring on your left ring finger makes you look either engaged or married! Have you seen what ER look like in Europe? Colored stones and what-not galore! I LOVE this new setting! It''s so regal and light! I would have picked something similar if my jeweler had it! It''s a BEAUTE! I can''t wait to see the finished product. Do you have a wedding band too? If you do, I want to see pics of the rings together! THAT''S how you look MARRIED!

... and tell your hubby not to worry!
2.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your support. I really appreciate the time you take to post on my silly little thread, and I feel a little better about my decision.

Newsboysgrl777: thanks for the heads-up on the US. I haven''t bought one yet, but if I do, I''ll proceed with the utmost caution. Funny thing is, my jeweler always throws my stuff in his commercial-grade US, and would steam them full blast too. However, he''s careful to not steam anything with pave only from the top down, and holds them a little farther away from the nozzle. Hey, your setting you mentioned - is that it in your avi? I want to see more of it, so I''m gonna search for a thread.

gemgirl: thanks for that Vatche link; I''d never seen that design before (and I thought I''d seen them all!). You''re right, it does have similar lines to mine. Well, I guess technically it''s not mine until it''s finished, but you know what I mean.

LeilaniRL: I agree with you about anything on that finger=married, but some rings look classically matrimonial while others leave one guessing. My only wedding band is a cheap, 8-stone, bar-set diamond band that I never wear (I had to dig it out of my jewelry box to count the stones). My husband bought it for me only because I didn''t want the classic plain band, but it is of questionable quality (and I''ve heard of 5, 7, and 10-stone rings, but 8-stone - what the heck?!). I haven''t worn a band with my diamond for over 10 years now because I never liked the way the rings twist around. So I''m not planning to wear a band with the new setting, and I don''t think it would look that good since the gallery wouldn''t allow it so sit flush.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Your new setting is so unique!!! But I''ve got to say that I love the pink sapphire!!! Wowzers!

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE ring no.3, I would absolutely wear that myself.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry that you''ve had such bad luck with your previous ring, but this one is really stunning. Hopefully it''ll hold up as an everyday ring like your jeweller says!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
mscushion: thanks, it means a lot that other PSers like it.

EricaR: thanks for your nice comments. I too, like the fact that thi setting''s a little unusual, and I''m wearing the pink sapphire most days until the new one arrives.

MishB: I''m so glad you like it.

Addy: thanks for your good wishes; I''m keeping my fingers crossed that it will hold up.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a string of BEAUTIFUL rings!! I''d love to have any or all of those for a time
5.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely cellentani!

I posted prematurely--I''ve now read the rest of your story.
9.gif

They''re all very pretty rings!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 8:30:51 AM
Author: geckodani
Date: 12/29/2008 10:31:01 PM

Author: cellentani

Hey, do any of the rest of you think the new setting looks more like a RHR? Would you assume I was married if I was wearing it on my left hand (very important to my husband!)?

LOL - If it''s on your ring finger, I think you''ll look married! It''s lovely - I like the latest setting the best!

ditto!

I love non-traditional looking rings as wedding rings. Wear what pleases you.
1.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I love that last setting, it is so gorgeous. I have an aqua that I would like to set into a setting exactly like that one! You are my hero for being a mom of four, I have two kids and I do crazy things because I''m distracted, how do you pull it all off?! In my opinion moms should have new rings every year just because of the job they do
1.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Wow all your settings are beautiful. It''s great you can keep them and make them into RHR''s. I can''t wait to see your new ring when it''s set. It looks really pretty.
36.gif
36.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Aaaack - more waiting!! I thought my ring would be ready this past Friday, but when I went in to check, I found out that my jeweler wasn''t able to set the stone as low as I wanted. So now he''s having to make a whole new ring, which sounds generous (no extra cost), but now I''m even more nervous because he said the "halo-part" would have to be bigger to accommodate the stone, and I''m worried that the proportions will be a little weird. On the plus side, he''s putting in an underplate - I''ve always thought rings seem a little more finished when they have those. He''s already cast the piece, so he thinks it will be finished by this Friday. I know I''ll be calling him on Thursday, though, to see if it''s done early. I''m such a pain in the neck, aren''t I!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results