shape
carat
color
clarity

3rd ring in two years!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you guys are fast. Thanks for the nice comments already. I''ll definitely post pics when it''s ready. I have to admit though, that even though I''m excited about it, I''m nervous and anxious about the whole thing. I''m still wincing a little about the H SI2, but the stone is very spready, so it looks big (7.1mm) for it''s size.

diamondcookie

Rough_Rock
I am so sorry that your original engagement ring - you must have been devastated!!

I must say, your latest setting is to die for, just stunning. I hope that it makes you happy when you get it back - it is really one of the most beautiful things I''ve ever seen!!
18.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 8:40:41 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
It is really pretty, but honestly, I''d probably set it with the blue topaz. I think it looks more like a right hand ring, and I agree that you''re likely to have more problems with this setting if it is worn all the time. But it is a very pretty design...I just hate to see you repeat the exact same scenario a 3rd time!

(Sorry, I now see that your jeweler says it should work for an everyday ring!)
Thanks for your honest input. I actually had that same thought: that it looked like a RHR. However, I don''t like to wear the engagement ring/wedding band combo, so I need more design "fluff" than just a solitaire. Also, it was not an even diamond exchange; I had to pay more for the RB in addition to trading in my oval, so that''s where most of my $ went. And, based on your idea, I can always upgrade the setting later and use that topaz after all.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ADORE the pink oval! All of your rings are beautiful! Congratulations!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
You lucky lady!! I love the new setting! Can''t wait to see hand shots!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting, aprilbaby and burk. Both of your babies look so sweet! It''s so nice to get feedback from all of you.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I really love the Oval on you finger! the new setting is very unique and just my style.... Good luck and post more pictures soon!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Lovely setting and new stone - I ADORE that old setting with the pink sapphire too, what a fun collection you have!
30.gif
30.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hey, do any of the rest of you think the new setting looks more like a RHR? Would you assume I was married if I was wearing it on my left hand (very important to my husband!)?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry about losing your ring. I love your new rings though. The sapphire looks great and will be a gorgeous RHR. I can''t wait to see the finished 3rd ring.

redheadma

Rough_Rock
All 3 settings are gorgeous. I have lost important jewelry in the past and it is the worst feeling. So glad you were able to find a new setting you love. I think it is fine as an ER. I think any ring on the left hand ring finger symbolizes a marriage, no?

It is kind of uncanny you posted your last setting. I found this image from my extensive (and slightly addictive) ring searches for an anniversary ring. Very similar! So nice to see how it looks on your hand. I am very close to getting this ring made by a local jeweler - but with a rectangular cusion. It looks fab with the RB and more squarish shape! Do you know if it is a design by your jeweler or by another designer? Looking forward to more pictures when it arrives...enjoy it!

AntiqueHalo.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 11:14:15 PM
Author: redheadma
All 3 settings are gorgeous. I have lost important jewelry in the past and it is the worst feeling. So glad you were able to find a new setting you love. I think it is fine as an ER. I think any ring on the left hand ring finger symbolizes a marriage, no?

It is kind of uncanny you posted your last setting. I found this image from my extensive (and slightly addictive) ring searches for an anniversary ring. Very similar! So nice to see how it looks on your hand. I am very close to getting this ring made by a local jeweler - but with a rectangular cusion. It looks fab with the RB and more squarish shape! Do you know if it is a design by your jeweler or by another designer? Looking forward to more pictures when it arrives...enjoy it!
This was made by my jeweler, but you're right, yours looks incredibly similar. I can tell mine is cast from a handmade wax; it's not perfectly symetrical, and there are some minor variations in the milgrain. The ring in your pic looks a little more "well-crafted", for lack of a better word; do you know where yours is from? A rectangular cushion would be gorgeous in that setting. Would you keep the east/west style too? I'm very interested in your project, and I hope you keep us posted.

Do you have any other pics of this setting? I'm going to try and find another side shot of mine.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi redheadma, I know you didn''t ask for them (and may not care), but I''m adding a couple of side-view pics just in case.

cellside1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
and pic #2. Still haven''t figured out how to add them all in one post.
7.gif

cellside2.JPG

redheadma

Rough_Rock
cellentani ~ Thanks for the side shots. Is it 3 diamonds on the shank? I really love it!

I don''t have any other pictures. I was searching Google images and don''t know the designer or anything - I think it was posted on some other message board actually - I just snagged the picture.

I am keeping the E-W setting with the rectangular cushion. I actually started a thread about this setting awhile back and it was mentioned how the EC didn''t flow very well.

I don''t think you can post more than one image per reply...no troubles!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Very cool design! Congrats on getting this ring...I hope it fulfills all your desires!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 12:06:56 AM
Author: redheadma
cellentani ~ Thanks for the side shots. Is it 3 diamonds on the shank? I really love it!

I don''t have any other pictures. I was searching Google images and don''t know the designer or anything - I think it was posted on some other message board actually - I just snagged the picture.

I am keeping the E-W setting with the rectangular cushion. I actually started a thread about this setting awhile back and it was mentioned how the EC didn''t flow very well.

I don''t think you can post more than one image per reply...no troubles!
Yes, there are 3 diamonds on the shank. And I agree that a cushion fits the style of the curvy setting more than an EC. One thing I really stressed to my jeweler is that I want my stone set as low as possible, probably lower than the EC in your pic. I was so happy to see that pic, though - I made my husband come over just to look at it. Thanks for showing that to me!

JCarla

Rough_Rock
Goregous ring! I absolutely love the Art Deco style. Good choice!!!! I too had the same experience with one of my rings. I worked with children everyday so it was inevitable that I had to continously have stones replaced ''cause they kept falling out. I loved the setting so much that I eventually had it remade. However, the jeweller made the claws too thick so that the diamonds won''t fall out. The setting lost it''s danitness. I wasn''t too happy with the new setting but decided to keep it anyway cause I was tired of having it fixed every other week.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty Ring! =)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 10:31:01 PM
Author: cellentani
Hey, do any of the rest of you think the new setting looks more like a RHR? Would you assume I was married if I was wearing it on my left hand (very important to my husband!)?
LOL - If it''s on your ring finger, I think you''ll look married! It''s lovely - I like the latest setting the best!

vslover

Shiny_Rock
I think I agree it looks more like a RHR and not really a wedding style, but it''s beautiful!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely and feminine. Enjoy it!

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 8:30:51 AM
Author: geckodani
Date: 12/29/2008 10:31:01 PM

Author: cellentani

LOL - If it''s on your ring finger, I think you''ll look married! It''s lovely - I like the latest setting the best!

I agree with geckodani - if it''s worn on your left ring finger, I''d assume you''re married. Personally, I prefer (and take notice of) wedding/engagement rings that have a more unique design than the traditional wedding style (when I think "wedding style" I think of those matching sets from the `80''s, which is not my taste at all). I''m biased, however, and I myself have a sapphire center stone e-ring.

Your new setting and diamond are stunning - seriously one of the prettiest rings I''ve seen! It really is so feminine and special looking.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your rings just got prettier and prettier as you upgraded! I think your final engagement ring (for the time being
31.gif
) is so beautiful, very artsy looking.

Wear them all in good health, and no more putting lotion on in the car, with four kids to distract you from your diamonds!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 10:36:00 AM
Author: mayachel
Wow, your rings just got prettier and prettier as you upgraded! I think your final engagement ring (for the time being
31.gif
) is so beautiful, very artsy looking.

Wear them all in good health, and no more putting lotion on in the car, with four kids to distract you from your diamonds!
Yeah, no kidding - that baby''s not coming off once I get it (except maybe to cut up raw chicken - I think I draw the line there). And yes, you''re right about "for the time being"; I realized after searching for this latest ring that I like too many styles to be content with just one for a lifetime. But hopefully the next change will be by choice, not because I''m losing stones right and left.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about your original ER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I too have 4 kids - they can be distracting!
I LOVE the pink sapphire ring - lucious!
I like the latest setting - it looks somewhat like a RHR - If your wore a thin, fitted plain band with it I think it would look more like an ER.
I just wonder if it''s practical, given you want to wear it all the tiime. Wouldn''t something simpler fit the bill for that?
Best of luck!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
All are beautiful! I really love the first oval. This one is stunning as well. It has a cool vintage feel!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry about your original ring. I''m hoping you''ll feel better when you hear that I did the very same thing-you know that old saying "misery loves company".

Don''t kick yourself, at least you know when and where you lost it. I was having a really bad week in early Nov. My favorite uncle died that week and it was an ugly story with years of addiction, grief and pain bottled up. Well, it all came out that week and I was totally distracted and did several really absent-minded things like forgetting where the kids (I have 4, too) were supposed to be , etc. I don''t put my ring on every day, esp. when I am going to the gym or running out the door in the morning with the kids, but on Thursday it wasn''t in my jewelry box. Bad sign. I still am not certain about what happened but I have a vague recollection of putting it in my lap to put on lotion and am guessing I dropped it in a parking lot somewhere. Anyway, the good news is that it was insured like yours. I''m covering my disappointment by obsessing here about what I want next. I''m also thinking that I will get an ultrasonic cleaner and not worry so about lotion on my ring! Hubby and I are thinking an upgrade but that will require a wait of about a year so I have lots of time.

On to your ring, what a beautiful new setting! I love it and hope that you will be very happy with your choice. I''m considering a "non-engagement ring" looking setting so I vote for not worrying about that.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Gayletmom: Are you serious?! You lost your ring this past November?! That''s just terrible!! I''m so sorry for you, but hope you find the ring of your dreams. Funny thing is, several months before I lost mine, I was browsing at my favorite local jewelry store and realized that my taste in rings had changed dramatically in 15 years. Never thought (or wished) it would have worked out this way, but at least something good''s come out of it. I hope to see you post ideas about your new ring.

Do you know what kind of US cleaner you''re planning to buy? I''ve read practically all the threads on this, but the Sharper Image units aren''t really available anymore. I''m torn between the Gemoro Sparkle Spa (it can clean eyeglasses too) and the Gemoro 1 pint (smaller footprint, but looks like a mini commercial cleaner).

sabinameister

Shiny_Rock
I love the new setting so much! It looks like it has been in your family for a long time, like there are beautiful and romantic stories that go with it. I adore it so much and hope that this one works out for you. I also love your new stone and don''t think you have to worry about it being an si2. It will definitely turn some heads.
30.gif
30.gif
31.gif
31.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results