shape
carat
color
clarity

3 watches to pick from

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock

BedatBig3.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock

BedatBig4.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Last one...

BigBedat5.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the odd picture sizes, wish I could delete those first few. Should I keep the watch, I will get it sized correctly. Again, my wrist is a bit less than 6 inches, maybe 5.75?? It looks like I will need most of the links removed, so it makes me wonder. I am built so strangely, I have smallish wrists, but broad shoulders.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!!!
30.gif
I think it looks smashing! Once you get it sized it will be perfect. I really love the face closeup, and I think the size looks great in proportion to your figure in general, not just your wrist. Btw, I really like medium to larger sized watches on women, so I''m very partial to this look. You''re pretty tall, aren''t you? I thought I remembered reading in some thread that you were around 5''8? Your hands are beautiful, too, lucky girl!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, not to rain on anyone''s parade, but I think it looks too big on you. That may be in style at the moment, but you might want a watch that can be worn long term. The price was tempting, but I couldn''t wear one that big unless it was an inexpensive fashion watch. And I think my wrist is something like 6 1/2. I hope you don''t mind an honest answer. But if you love it, I think you should keep it. If not, return it. My tagline should be..."when in doubt, don''t".

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Monnie
Thanks for your response and I have appreciated all of your support during my saga! You are correct, I am around 5'8" (actually, 5.8 and 1/2 to be precise). Regarding my hands, you are too kind, but was having an unusally good hand day, as my fingers were not bloated from the humidity we have been having (I hid inside in the A/C). As for the watch, I really think it is much nicer in person than online & everyone has agreed on that point. Most, however, have said it is a bit too large for my wrist, except for a friend of mine, who absolutely loved it as much as you seem to. Honestly, I think the watch has much promise and I just want to ensure, should I keep it, that it will look ok on me. I consider myself a fashionista in training, so I am not always too sure about what looks nice (I would hate to look like a fool). Perhaps I need to get used to the face not being round, which may be why I am unsure...

Diamondseeker
I appreciate all opinions regarding my decision, which is why I reached out to PS for guidance in my search for a watch. Fortunately, I have received some great feedback thus far. Your views are appreciated and I too share your concerns about the size of the watch, which is why I am asking for opinions! Honestly, I wanted more of a mid-sized watch, as I will wear this business casual everyday, though, this one is a bit larger on my wrist than anticipated. I will sleep on it and consider other opinions, when and if they appear. I can say though, that when I am in the market for a fine dress watch, I would want a watch with a smaller face and bracelet. Again, thank you for responding!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omie, I hope you decide to keep the watch. I''ll have to post a pic of all my big watches for you, you''ll get a laugh out of that!

I really think this watch is age-appropriate, and I think it''s a great choice for everyday wear...I love that it has such a modern look and is different without being too different!

Oh, I also wanted to mention to you that some of the Chicago PSr''s get together for the Gem Show at the Rosemont Convention Center a couple times a year. There''s a thread about it in Hangout called Chicago Area Gem Show if you''re interested! It''s August 24-26. I''ve been once and met DeeJay, IrishAngel, Catmom, and Perry, they are all great people of course! I don''t know if I''ll be able to make it this time due to the job situation, if I''m hired I would have to work Saturdays. It''s a fun few hours, they usually meet up for lunch first and then walk up and down the endless aisles of bling and eye candy. Just thought I''d mention it in case you hadn''t seen that thread yet!

Elise

Rough_Rock
omie, the watch looks so much better worn on the wrist than in standalone pics! i think the size makes the watch look hip, classic and sporty all at the same time. but most importantly, as this is a long term buy for you, are you comfortable with the size and the weight?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From looking at the photos that show more than just your wrist.

I think it is large for your wrist, not just ''cause you''re going from a round to a tank style face. BUT it may go with your lifestyle and clothing style. It could complete a really funky and cool look.

Let us know what you decide!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omie, it''s a beautiful watch! But I think it looks too big on you, even imagining it the proper length. However, I''m not big on the huge watch thing, so take my 2 cents for what they''re worth.
1.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Monnie
I would love to see a pic of all of your "big" watches, that would be fun! I agree, the Bedat has a unique look about it, without it being over the top. As for the size, one thing I do like is being able to easily read the numbers! I have a smallish watch and I have to bring the darn thing close to my face to read the numbers. Regarding the gem show, I would be totally into it, except that I will be going out of town for a bridal shower that weekend. I do appreciate you letting me know though, perhaps next year?

Elise
I agree with you, the size of the watch does create a classy/sporty look. You do raise a good point about the weight of it however, as it is more substantial than other watches I have owned. Like I mentioned in Monnie's response, the size is nice in the sense that I can easily read the numbers. I do like the look of it on my wrist, however, I need to consider what I would do if the look of it went out of style as you have pointed out.

Stonehunter
Honestly, I had never considered my clothing style in this process! My clothes are nothing too exciting, meaning that they are office casual appropriate...nothing "funky/trendy" about them. I tend not to like standing out amongst the crowd, however, I think the watch could add interest to my outfits, however. Like you said, I could create a cool/funky look with the watch if I wanted too...hmmm.... I do live in an "artsy" community, perhaps this has also influenced my interest in this watch.

FireGoddess
Your advice is highly valued and worth far more than 2 cents! I am glad you were able to see pictures of the Bedat on my wrist, as now you may not be so tempted to exceed your budget on the white faced version. BTW, have you found anything yet, or will you consider one of the Fossils?

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Friday after work, I took a walk to my local B&M and had my Bedat sized to my wrist. Since wearing it for a couple of days, I feel that I have made the right decision!

Thanks again everyone for your feedback and advice!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Well done
28.gif
Please post new pics!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omie, I happen to love it, though I know it can be hard to decide if you like the look or size on you. I just got a new watch and though I wear BIG watches a lot, I have been wearing something a big smaller lately and thought this one that I just bought seemed mondo large. I showed it to my sister and she just adored it, and told me she would even wear it though she is tiny and tends to wear smaller faced watches...so you never know! It might just take some getting used to...but enjoy it, it is so great looking.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!

How about some new photos now that the band has been sized?

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I took new pictures of the watch sized to my wrist over the weekend, but it looks like I will have to wait until next weekend to get them posted. I was a baaad girl over the weekend and bought a new handbag, which I also took pictures of...heh.

Diamondfan
I have worn the watch all weekend and I really love it! Last week, I showed the watch to a few people, who thought it was too big. I showed them this weekend how it looks sized to my wrist and they did not say anything at all, so I am guessing that they still do not like it on me, or they are offended that I did not take their advice. Personally, I do not care, as I am enjoying it. I have not worn a watch on a daily basis since 2001, so what I am getting used to is just wearing one, not the size. Regarding your watch, it sounds like you are just not used to wearing such a large watch, given that you have worn a smaller one for so long, you will get used to the size. Have you posted pictures of it?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you love it!!! That''s what it''s all about.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omie, I have a few really good sized ones but it seems really big to me for some reason. My jeweler thinks it is the right size though. It is the stainless steel round Chopard happy sport with 7 floating diamonds, 38 mm size case I think.

People get funky if you do not take there advice. No worries, it is YOUR watch, so go with what you like. I love it personally!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan, I appreciate your support and I am still enjoying my new watch!

I googled your watch and several different styles came up in my search (all beautiful). If I guessed correctly, and the style pictured below is close to your watch, then its case size is 36mm (according to the Amazon.com seller). The Bedat I have is 29mm long and 30mm at its widest point, so the watch pictured below is a bit larger than mine. I am sure your watch looks fabulous on you, but it is quite a jump in size from what you are used to, so I understand why it seems large to you.

Chopard Happy Sport1.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
YEAH! Omieluv got her Bedat (thank you god, thank you god....)! I think it looks wonderful on your wrist! Yes it''s a larger face watch but so many women are going for bigger faces. And the plus is as you near 40 and your eyesight starts to fail you, you''ll still be able to wear and read that Bedat...
28.gif
When I got my JLC I thought the face was BIG even though it''s a smaller JLC face but I''m so used to it now and love that I dont have to put on glasses to read my watch. I think you''ll love this one. Also, it looks both hip and classic at the same time and very wearable for dressier occasions as well. Enjoy and wear it in good health! And for the love of god, post some better photos!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is it, but I have the more moveable bracelet that looks like little bumps, which is the bracelet I prefer, the flat one you posted is newer and I did not like it as much. My numerals are more script looking. It is a large look. My Chanel ceramic is large, but this looks very rap star to me. I have to get used to it. Bedats are amazing watches and I think, once you get used to wearing a larger one, you will love it. I do not care for really small watches anymore, nothing I wear is tiny, but certainly if you go from one size to a much larger one you have to get used to it!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Surfgirl, thanks! I am enjoying the watch! I love that I am able to easily read the numbers on this one. My BF gave me a much smaller watch for a gift 4 years ago and I could barely read the numbers. Sorry my pictures do not meet your standards! The camera I have at my disposal is 3 years old and is sensitive to movement, which is why the pictures are fuzzy. I asked my bf to help, but he thinks I am crazy for wanting to take pictures of a watch...then he walks away as he laughs at me. I really think he is spiteful because he thinks the watch is too big for my wrist and I told him I would remember his support the next time he wants to buy new golf clubs! :) I will try again this weekend, just for you! heh.

Diamondfan, I do not know you very well, but when I came across the picture of the watch I posted, for some reason, the style of the band did not seem "you" as there were bands on other Chopard styles, like the one I have attached, that seem a better fit. Granted, I was conducting the search based on the size you gave me & the former was the closest one I could find. This new style I have found is quite a bit smaller though, at 32mm, so I know I am still missing the mark on your particular watch. Your watch is on the larger side, but I am sure it is fabulous and you will agree, once you get used to it! :)

Chopard Happy Sport2.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's fun...and would be cool with my ering. I wonder how long the bracelet is. And wow, that Chopard is gorge!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omie, that is my watch. It actually has 5 slightly larger floating diamonds and it does come in the large, or 38 mm size (could be 36 not sure) but that is it.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
FireGoddess, Yes that watch would be fun, though I am not sure what the quality would be like for $15, but heck, it is only $15. Diamondfan's Chopard would look lovely too...heh. That site has other Geneva watches that have the antique look you are looking for: http://15dollarstore.com/m/139/0978645617

Diamondfan, the watch I posted is quite a bit smaller than yours at 32mm, but I get the idea! Your watch is so lovely, I wish you would post wrist shots!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can, I just have it at home and I am at the beach still. I have really been debating getting the size smaller, but my jeweler highly discourages me, because he thinks the bigger size is better. My watch is not the mother of pearl

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omie, if you''ll kindly post pics of the recently sized Bedat i''ll post pics of my big ol'' fashion blingy watches...i hate to embarrass myself for no good reason, lol! Are we on for posting pics this weekend still? Ha!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I meant to say mine does not have a mother of pearl face but a plain one...my computer was acting wonky!

Post away guys! I love to see photos...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results