shape
carat
color
clarity

3 watches to pick from

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omieluv, I just turned the big 3-0 this May and boy am I glad to be out of my twenties, believe it or not!!! I feel like I''m finally a "grown-up" now, ya know?
9.gif

As far as the watch thing...not to add stress or anything but I see a lot of their pieces are gone pretty quick, so I hope you make your decision soon...hate to see you go through all of this research and miss out on the watch that has really appealed to you after all. I''m not sure of the return policy of SP but maybe you could just go ahead and purchase the watch and decide when you have it on your wrist whether it''s the one for you or not? If they do have a great return policy at least you''d have been able to try it on and ship it back for not too much extra moolah once you''d tried it.
35.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I am ok about turning the big 3-0, it is just that I wanted to accomplish much more by now, oh well.

You were correct about things moving quickly on that site! The Bedat w/ the white face is already gone, which I was surprised about, since the watch with the black face has been there for a while. As far as SP's return policy, they have a 30-return policy (minus shipping). In other words, if I do not like it, I can return it within 30 days for a full refund.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been lurking on your thread for awhile but wanted to reiterate that yes, some items on SP go really quickly and some don''t - so if you want that silver face bedat you better go for it! I was watching that black face bedat for awhile before you posted about it. Didn''t like the sportiness of it so didn''t jump on it. I''ve been looking at other watches and have already ordered something else, but if I hadn''t, I''d have likely jumped on that white bedat faster than you can say boo! Looks like somebody already did though. Are you gonna go for the silver, or something else?

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Hi FireGoddess! Initially, the black face Bedat caught my eye, but I was not sure if it looked too sporty, which is how you felt about it as well. Honestly, I could not decide between the silver and white versions! I have different reasons for liking both, so I was really torn. I liked the white face because it seemed like it would be easily dressed up and down, but I like the silver face because it goes so well with the style of the watch. Unfortunately, someone else made that decision for me, which prompted me to order the silver watch yesterday afternoon, per Monnie''s suggestion. If I do not like it, I can always return it within the 30-day time period, which is nice. Which watch did you end up with?

Monnie, thanks so much for your suggestion. I went ahead and ordered the Bedat yesterday afternoon, before I left work. It is being shipped via 2-day FedEx delivery, so I will let everyone know before the end of the week if I like it. The earliest I will be able to get wrist shots onto the site will be the weekend though, but I will do my very best to get them posted Saturday.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GOOD I''m glad that you got something and it has a nice return policy!

Can''t wait to hear about how much you like it!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omieluv, SO glad you went ahead and ordered the watch, I hope you love it! Can''t wait to see pics but I will try to be patient, LOL!
36.gif
35.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear you got it! I hope you love it.

I ordered a $400 Bulova at Overstock for $200. But I''m returning it. The bracelet is just MEH next to my ering...I really need something that looks sorta vintagey to go with it. I coulda swapped the band but to pay $200 for just the face and still have to buy a band....nah, it went back.

This was it: (love this style face, hate this style band):

P10783209.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
FireGoddess
Sorry about your Bulova, at least you were able to return it. Bacario.com has the white faced Bedat in stock now & though it is $599, they offer a 5-yr warranty & free UPS ground shipping, which may justify the price. Remember, the watch on Signed Pieces was $522, but I had to also pay $18 for 2-day shipping, and I get only a 1 yr warranty, bringing the total to $540. If you went the watch on Baccario, you get free shipping + a 5 yr warranty, for a difference of $60. So it sounds like the warranty alone would be worth the extra money...
Bedat at Bacario

I found a site that contains several pictures of the Bedat, including a couple of nice closeups of the band, so you can take a look to see if you think the band could work for you (keep in mind this is of the silver face):
http://robertmaron.com/product.php?productid=16149&cat=0&page=1&sold

My wrist shots will also give you an idea too...If I measured correctly, my wrists are a bit less than 6 inches around.

Monnie
I appreciate you being patient! I am quite anxious myself, but will be sure to report back to you after it arrives! I am wondering now if ordering the silver face was the right choice. I was flipping though a few fashion magazines and now it seems that white faced watches are the next big thing for Fall. I know I should just keep it if I like it, but now of course I am second guessing my decision, especially since Bacario has the white one in stock with that great warranty...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omie I hope you love it. I really do!! Thanks for the info. The Bulova made me realize I really need a dainty looking watch that has some sort of interesting bracelet on it to work with my ering. I love that Bedat so much, but it would look too industrial next to my antique inspired ering. Wah. I fear I may never find something that fits the bill! Actually, I did find something that fits the bill perfectly - a cheap fashion watch that looks vintage inspired...but I wore it one day and a crystal popped out. So it went back.
7.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I have found that finding a watch meeting budget and style constraints is quite a challenge, so I completely feel your pain.

These Wittanauer watches have a vintage vibe, just not sure if they are too dressy:
http://www.brightdiamond.com/itemDetail.asp?ic=09000000489
http://www.brightdiamond.com/itemdetail.asp?ic=09000000465
http://www.brightdiamond.com/itemDetail.asp?ic=09000000809
http://www.brightdiamond.com/itemDetail.asp?ic=09000000697

This Seiko...it has a vintage feel to it and the band is interesting...not sure though if it fits what you are looking for, since the face is white mother of pearl:
Seiko

Seiko.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2007 10:39:10 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Glad to hear you got it! I hope you love it.

I ordered a $400 Bulova at Overstock for $200. But I''m returning it. The bracelet is just MEH next to my ering...I really need something that looks sorta vintagey to go with it. I coulda swapped the band but to pay $200 for just the face and still have to buy a band....nah, it went back.

This was it: (love this style face, hate this style band):
Oh so SORRY. I do really like the face on that watch. But the band doesn''t look like it matches the face. The face seems vintage and the band almost modern. What were they thinking?

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Stonehunter
I think the face on teh Bulova is very nice, and agree that the band does not really go well with it. When searching for alternatives, I had a difficult time finding a nice face with band in what I am assuming her price range to be ($200-$300).

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know StoneHunter - right? Isn't it mismatched? The face screams vintage and the band screams.....modern mass market.
33.gif
Total bummer. I figured I'd see if it wasn't so bad in person...but it was.

It is very difficult to find anything fitting in my price range - and Omie I would like to stick to $200-300...can't really afford to spend more than that on a watch right now. (Though I would have gotten the Bedat anyway for that price if it 'fit' the look I'm going for.) I did seriously consider a vintage Hamilton (next post) that was almost $800 though...so I guess I'm willing to spend more if the price is right and the product is exactly what I want.
20.gif

Like I said, I found an inexpensive fashion watch that totally fit the bill (see below) and it looked PERFECT with my ring. But a crystal popped out in 24 hours so it went back. Total bummer.

j06280.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also looked at this vintage Hamilton but it is way too small for my wrist!!! LOVED the look though...it's more what I'm going for.

Maybe I should start my own suggestion thread and stop hijacking yours!!! (But I feel less guilty knowing we could pass the time this way while waiting for your Bedat to arrive!) heehee

32578.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I went ahead and ordered the Bedat yesterday afternoon
Thank you God, for hearing my beleagured prayers and guiding this lost soul into the light!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 1:23:36 PM
Author: surfgirl

I went ahead and ordered the Bedat yesterday afternoon
Thank you God, for hearing my beleagured prayers and guiding this lost soul into the light!
So, that slap from God was ordered by you?!? Should have known...

The watch is scheduled to arrive Friday, so I will have it when I get home from work.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/9/2007 12:43:16 PM
I also looked at this vintage Hamilton but it is way too small for my wrist!!! LOVED the look though...it''s more what I''m going for.

Maybe I should start my own suggestion thread and stop hijacking yours!!! (But I feel less guilty knowing we could pass the time this way while waiting for your Bedat to arrive!) heehee
Oh I totally understand having a BUDGET. Sometimes finding what you want for what you want to pay is very very hard.
38.gif

I do like the Hamilton!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 12:43:16 PM
I also looked at this vintage Hamilton but it is way too small for my wrist!!! LOVED the look though...it's more what I'm going for.

Don't worry about it, besides helping you takes my mind off of the Bedat...LOL.

I never expected to spend $500 on a watch, I was looking more in the 200-300 range as well. I will look more at watches for you, I think I have seen some that you may like...in your range!!

For starters, how about this? Here is a Hamilton, a bit out of your budget, but not much:
http://www.goantiques.com/detail,14k-white-gold,1407139.html

A brand I have never heard of, but in your budget:
http://www.goantiques.com/detail,bernus-ladies-wristwatch,1042751.html

This one is in teh 400-550 range, but has 2 garnets
http://www.goantiques.com/detail,ladies-wrist-watch,864654.html

It's out of stock, but what do you think of it?
http://www.shopcoolstuff.com/detailitem.asp?catid=54&id=1199&pname=ew8250-56a

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I came across a site www.girards.com Not sure how, who, what they are, but they do have a few pages of actual vintage watches that you might like to look at. There are some lovely watches to choose from.

Judy
:)

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hmm...kinda confusing when you click on the link. The ladies watches start on page 20.

I dont shop with a budget. LOL Ok, I try, really hard...but then you inevitably find what you want that is ALWAYS MORE than you thought. So you say "I might as well" & whamo presto, you''ve got what you want at probably double the price. Then you go through the guilts, then you go through defiance, then you accept you got a kick a$$ price & are ultimately happy with yourself & your purchase. ;-P Councelling session over..now go shopping...

Have fun..

Judy
:)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like those Fossils...I love the antiques by far more than anything but they are so TINY and I do not have tiny wrists!! Alas I''m condemned to something antique inspired.
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are white and silver faced bedats on SP again. Interesting.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Those Fossils are cute and I think will look nice with your ring, until you find the watch you are looking for. My Bedat has arrived and I will upload pictures sometime today. Some people think that it is too big for my wrist, others seem to like it. My wrists are just under 6inches, so that will help you compare. The watch is very nice and I do like it in silver. Sometimes the face looks white and other times it looks silver, which is fun. Just not sure if it looks too big on me, will let all of the fashionistas decide, once I get the pictures up!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Ok, here are the pictures!! Let me know what you think, too big or just right?

Bedatsmall1.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Another

Bedatsmall2.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
another

Bedatsmall3.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Got this one bigger...

BedatBig1.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Think I figured it out...

BedatBig2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results