clarity

3-stone ring Girls - are you out there?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2008 1:07:03 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds
here''s mine: emerald and diamond 3-stone ring
lovewhitediamonds --
Do you have any more pics? Your ring is SUCH a treasure!!! I''m drooling w/ envy!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2008 1:07:03 PM
here''s mine: emerald and diamond 3-stone ring

Hi LWD,

I was wondering if that beautiful Tiffany''s ring is your e-ring? I am considering a emerald-center 3-stone ring as well, and was wondering how comfortable you are about wearing it everyday - as emerald is known to be more fragile than diamond??? THANKS!!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 2:14:37 AM
Author: Selkie

Date: 1/5/2008 11:36:01 AM
Author: zoebartlett
Here''s mine, taken by Alj at the recent get together in MA:

It''s a platinum RB (.92) and pear (.20 each side) trellis setting, made by WF. I LOVE my ring, but the more I look at it, the more I wish the sides were a little larger. I think I should have gone with either .25 or maybe .30s.

I totally agree with tberube! I think the proportions are perfect as they are. It''s such a gorgeous ring.
Thanks ladies!! It''s something I think about but I''m not going to change my ring. I think I''d crush my FI if he knew that I thought of making any alterations to "OUR" ring. So it''s staying the way it is...for now.
1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
WOW Headlight your three stone ring is a stunner!!!
30.gif
Have we seen this beauty on here before? It is drop dead gorgeous.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 12:49:12 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 1/6/2008 3:38:50 AM

Author: Snooper

Don''t know how some of you have such tiny fingers!
25.gif

OH MY STARS, have I ever seen this before? Its STUNNING!!! WOW!
30.gif

Thanks! I actually remember your screen name, but when I first joined I had a smaller yellow that you commented on :) It''s been traded up for my new baby. Congrats on your wedding btw, I have no idea where that thread is but I read it :)

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 5:42:32 PM
Author: Sundial
WOW Headlight your three stone ring is a stunner!!!
30.gif
Have we seen this beauty on here before? It is drop dead gorgeous.
Thanks so much, Sundial -- I''ve posted it many times over the years... I haven''t had the time to log in much lately, but whenever I get the chance I love to see what''s going on at PS!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY Snooper! I''m so glad you posted your stunning princess here so that we can enjoy it!! It really is TDF.
30.gif
30.gif

Headlight, your ring is magnificent!

Can I play in the sandbox and be a long lost three stone cousin? I do have three stones...........2.52 FLY main stone and two tapered bullet/kite stones .27ct each. Hmm I know, not a true three stone, I''ll just make a few quick sandcastles and go back to the swingsets.
9.gif

cmsflyring06.jpg

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 6:59:10 PM
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-co-antique-emerald-diamond-ring.64234/

here is the link on my Tiffany Emerald & Diamond Ring.... it is not my e-ring... although emerald rings would in theory make beautiful e-rings, I think the stone is too soft for everyday wear. I do not wear mine when the temp drops below 30 degrees, as I was told emeralds are so delicate....

Thanks! One of my biggest challenge in finding an emerald e- ring is actually not knowing the market price. If you would not mind sharing, could you tell me how much your Tiffany ring costed in the ball park? Thanks in advance......

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
dang, nice thread. ok, here''s mine... i have a thing for symmetry, verticle and horizontal, i''m afraid. center= .9 ct D, vs2 sides= .3 or so each, i or J? the original engagement ring was just one marquise solitare, one of the sides, i dont know which. my bf at the time brought it back from one of his trips abroad. i knew little, well, almost nothing about diamonds, (either did he, to say the least) and thought it was just wonderful! then i kind of looked around, you know, once you have something you check other peoples out, and i saw some things i would have picked if i had the choice. so future hubby was kind enough to let me build from there before the wedding..

isis67.JPG

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the sandbox CatMom!

LOVE your ring!

I''m so glad this thread has turned out to be a happy place

Date: 1/6/2008 7:15:13 PM
Author: Catmom
YAY Snooper! I''m so glad you posted your stunning princess here so that we can enjoy it!! It really is TDF.
30.gif
30.gif

Can I play in the sandbox and be a long lost three stone cousin? I do have three stones...........2.52 FLY main stone and two tapered bullet/kite stones .27ct each. Hmm I know, not a true three stone, I''ll just make a few quick sandcastles and go back to the swingsets.
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 7:21:18 PM
Author: isis~goddess
dang, nice thread. ok, here''s mine... i have a thing for symmetry, verticle and horizontal, i''m afraid. center= .9 ct D, vs2 sides= .3 or so each, i or J? the original engagement ring was just one marquise solitare, one of the sides, i dont know which. my bf at the time brought it back from one of his trips abroad. i knew little, well, almost nothing about diamonds, (either did he, to say the least) and thought it was just wonderful! then i kind of looked around, you know, once you have something you check other peoples out, and i saw some things i would have picked if i had the choice. so future hubby was kind enough to let me build from there before the wedding..

WOW now That one''s different!! Nice to see such unusual shapes. I too, am a sucker for symmetry.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 7:16:06 PM
Author: zhuzhu

Date: 1/6/2008 6:59:10 PM
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-co-antique-emerald-diamond-ring.64234/

here is the link on my Tiffany Emerald & Diamond Ring.... it is not my e-ring... although emerald rings would in theory make beautiful e-rings, I think the stone is too soft for everyday wear. I do not wear mine when the temp drops below 30 degrees, as I was told emeralds are so delicate....

Thanks! One of my biggest challenge in finding an emerald e- ring is actually not knowing the market price. If you would not mind sharing, could you tell me how much your Tiffany ring costed in the ball park? Thanks in advance......
Dear zhuzhu,

I''m sure you can get estimates from different retail stores -- my ring is 84 years old, so pricing would be not really be accurate to "market price". Also, there are different kinds of emeralds out there too (columbian, african, russian etc)...sorry, I am not an expert on emeralds... maybe post your question in the "Colored Stones" section of this site? I really caution you against an emerald for an e-ring that you would wear everyday -- one bang on the corner of a table and the stone could crack. Unfortunately my ring rarely sees the light of day for this reason. Emeralds are beautiful, but not at all practical.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Here is mine........3-stone; platinum 6-prong heads with heart prongs on 18K yellow shank. 1.24 ct. A Cut Above center stone, sides .30 each; 7-stone wedding band to match with 5-pointers.

Alj ring collage.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 4:29:11 PM
Author: headlight
Here's mine:
Center RB 3.29 ct, side trills .75 tcw, in plat
Headlights, my ring is the baby version of your ring on pg 3 I think. Yours is gorgeous!!!
3.gif
3.gif

Catmom, love it, Alj, love the pics!!! Selkie beautiful! Love the pic and ring Diamond Dana, DiaDiva and the blue sapphire Mrs. Mitchell! Wow, so many beautiful 3 stone rings
30.gif
30.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Catmom
35.gif
I''m very glad you posted a CLOSE UP of your to die for ring!

Love seeing all the different 3 stone rings :)

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 10:08:59 AM
Author: LostSapphire

Welcome, MSB: how come you''re playing in the sandbox at work? Or better yet, WHY DON''T YOU HAVE PICS OF YOUR RING ON YOUR WORK PC??
2.gif

hahahah!! i know tsk tsk on me....i had just gotten a new laptop at work and didnt transfer any of my ''very work related'' ring pictures on it ;-)

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone.

I want to thank you all for playing on this thread...I am mostly a ''lurker'' but felt the need to reach out and be part of the group this week. The rings are ALL beautiful, with such varying degrees of uniqueness and individuality.

You have all made me smile...I have been ill for a while now and there have been 3 surgeries in 6 weeks....there''s another one coming up in the next week or so...so things have been rather negative for me.

I just wanted to express my appreciation (oh shut up LS, now you''re getting sappy) at the number of you who have accepted my invite to play in the sandbox.

Alright, enough of the pity party. Let''s get back to the BLING!!!
21.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH Lost, I''m so sorry to hear about all of the surgeries! I truly hope you are feeling better and this upcoming one will be THE LAST! Somehow bling always makes me feel better so enjoy!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
does my current ec with baguettes count as a three stone?! I was thinking it was more three of the same stone for some reason!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 11:04:12 AM
Author: floridagirl
This is a fun thread! Here''s mine: 1.24 D cushion with .75 ctw F-G trillions in platinum
floridagirl--
PLEASE post more pics and more angles... your ring is SO incredible!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 11:56:46 AM
Author: diamondfan
does my current ec with baguettes count as a three stone?! I was thinking it was more three of the same stone for some reason!
I consider settings w/ side baguettes to be three-stones!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE three stones! What a great thread!

DF... I consider centers with bags to be three stones as well and always love shots of your ring!

At the TOP of my wishlist is a three stone with an oval (white or colored) center and half moon sides! This thread is definitely feeding the fire!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 11:56:46 AM
Author: diamondfan

DIAMONDFAN:
There are NO RULES in this sandbox! It''s just a happy place !

bling bling bling

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is DEFINITELY going to get a lot of us non-three stone ring owners in trouble! I want one! Whine,moan,complain...
I just can''t decide which one I want more, a rounds with rounds or a cushion with half moons or trills? Decisions, decisions
11.gif

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine...14K white gold Lucern Trellis. I inherited these stones (my uncle was a jeweler), so the total carat weight is just under 2 carats. All are F color. I don''t know anything else.

girlrocks3stone1.jpg

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Mine, #2

girlrocksthreestone1.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful, Girlrocks!

I particularly like how the plain band works with it. So subtle, classic.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results