shape
carat
color
clarity

3.95-Carat Pastel Green Sapphire - Thoughts & Setting Opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Another shot. Sorry not sure why it's so small.

GreenSappIncl2.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here you can see the window. Irina help! All of these are turning out really small.

GreenSappwindow1.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Another. Last picture for now. What do you think?

GreenSappWindow2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The window is pretty small, even when magnified. Is it noticeable when viewed at normal distances in person? I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. Is the fissure going to pose a problem to the integrity of the stone?

Oh, the window in the last picture you posted would surely bug me big time. What is your opinion on the sapphire? I would pass on it. Actually, I am surprised that a stone that deep could even have a window. I suppose the shallow crown just didn't help it?
33.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 3:13:01 PM
Author: starryeyed
Here you can see the window. Irina help! All of these are turning out really small.
just send the originals to me

ETA: 1. Is it my monitor or there is no green there? and 2. So how a clarity for not visibly included sapphire is called then? Richard M. when described my cc said "loop clean" and it was, i have a very good close vision and there is just nothing...

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 3:14:21 PM
Author: Chrono
The window is pretty small, even when magnified. Is it noticeable when viewed at normal distances in person? I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. Is the fissure going to pose a problem to the integrity of the stone?
Oh, the window in the last picture you posted would surely bug me big time. What is your opinion on the sapphire? I would pass on it.
Hi Chrono. The sapphire is a very pretty color. I think the window is only super visible at a head-on view, so i can probably live with that. I even thought a little diamond underneath the sapphire would probably eliminate the problem.

It's really that inclusion. It makes me wonder if the stone is really worth the $2K price tag. This is NOT "Perfection".

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Irina. Sorry about the quality - I think you guys get the idea though, right? Window, fissure....

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Forgive me for being really honest, but I''m just not blown away. I think the stone is pretty, but not really any more pretty than a nice tourmaline or zircon...and you are paying for a sapphire. The cut needs help, and the inclusion is somewhat noticeable. The size is fabulous and the color is very pretty though.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 5:16:53 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Forgive me for being really honest, but I''m just not blown away. I think the stone is pretty, but not really any more pretty than a nice tourmaline or zircon...and you are paying for a sapphire. The cut needs help, and the inclusion is somewhat noticeable. The size is fabulous and the color is very pretty though.
Thanks KC - I appreciate your honesty! You never hear from the people who think it''s a dud, so this helps.

You''re kinda where I am - the window and inclusion may not warrant the price.

Does anyone else have any experience with the NSC and what they call "Perfection (IF, VVS1)"? I had gotten my pink sapphire from another source. My pink has absolutely nothing visible - there are 2-3 small spots in the pavilion visible only with a loupe if you look really hard. This was classified as a VS1 stone by my source. Is the NSC somewhat "liberal" with their clarity descriptions? If this stone were a diamond, I''d guess it would be an I clarity.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Starry, are you looking for something else than a pear for this ring? Maybe we can keep looking (for a pear this time) and save you troubles with the setting?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Like this one, it''s lighter in ct but not that heavy on the bottom and bigger, well and cheaper. Ask about inclusions they can be down into the stone and not that noticeable because the color is deeper.

U56_1_TH.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 6:06:12 PM
Author: Pricescope
Starry, are you looking for something else than a pear for this ring? Maybe we can keep looking (for a pear this time) and save you troubles with the setting?
I''d take a pear, no problem, if I could find one I liked!
1.gif
Irina, no need to work the setting because I think this stone may be going back. Thanks a bunch though!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
You don''t like this pear? i watched the video several times trying to see inclusions and just enjoyed it.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Irina, thank you for the thought! However, I want something more bluish-green than yellowish-green.

I''m also a little concerned about the clarity representation made by the NSC. If this stone was "Perfection (IF, VVS1)", I''d hate to see what a VS1, VS2 stone looks like in person. After seeing what they call "Perfection" for clarity, I''m VERY skeptical about their products.

Had Steven at the NSC told me they had made a mistake, I would have more confidence in using them again, but this was not his response. I''m really disappointed. I should probably ask my other gemstone source to find something for me, since his standards for clarity are more on par with mine.

I appreciate any suggestions though!
1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
hehehe, than here is the one
9.gif
, sorry i made it before you replied. Look yellow/green is such an organic color!

GreenStarry.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Irina, that does look pretty nice, but I''d probably put that stone in a YG setting. You are so sweet - thank you for the image!
1.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
starry- how disappointing! I have to admit that I''m not in love with it either- nice stone, but not WOW. And that is a bit disconcerting about the inclusion thing. so weird!
33.gif
I ''ll have to be on the lookout for something nice for you when I am wasting time gem surfing hehe

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 6:48:22 PM
Author: icekid
starry- how disappointing! I have to admit that I''m not in love with it either- nice stone, but not WOW. And that is a bit disconcerting about the inclusion thing. so weird!
33.gif
I ''ll have to be on the lookout for something nice for you when I am wasting time gem surfing hehe
Thanks icekid!
1.gif
Yes, the inclusion thing is not what I expected from these guys. Hmmm.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dear Starry, if you''re finding problems with the stone, there''s no point. The problems will just keep bugging you.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have bought quite a few Pad''s from NSC and never have had a problem with them. One has a little silk in it, but it doesn''t bother me at all. My earrings have a small window in them like your green sapphire, but it doesn''t bother me at all. Probably because they are on my ears. I still would recommend them to anyone for beautiful sapphires.

Linda

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow...i can see how you might be disappointed because i sure am! i was *really* looking forward to seeing this beauty because it looked quite nice in the site photos. but i must say, i can easily see the ''fissure'' in your pics AND the stone doesn''t look green at all to me. i mean, it seems like a nice color...but....it''s doesn''t look green!
i still can''t believe the line is so obvious.

best of luck finding something else starry.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well add me to the list of being dissapointed, so I can imagine how you feel Starry. Bummer.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I was following this thread and looking forward to seeing how you liked that beautiful sapphire. I was thinking that if you don't love it in person as much as on the monitor, you should send it back. But, it sounds like you got there already. I agree, bummer!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been following too. Sorry the stone was such a dissapointment starry.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Belle, you are right - the fissure/thread/feather is super obvious. Because of what Linda has said, I want to give the NSC the benefit of the doubt and call it an "oversight", but this is a pretty hard thing to miss!

Thanks Kaleigh, FlyGirl, and Ellen! I'm sorry to disappoint you all because you were probably looking forward to seeing a nice blingy stone as much as I was!
15.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe the pros will chime in here. If a sapphire is all natural, not treated in any way, isn''t it supposed to have a little silk in it or something? Except if you pay top dollar for them in the thousands?

Now I am curious.

Linda P.S. I know Widget said her gorgeous Pad has silk in it.

Linda

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results