shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 3.4ct ACA and matching wedding band from DKJ - 'Merry' and 'Holly'

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, I love the Christmas theme!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You put so much thought and effort into the design of these rings and the results are spectacular mrs-b! Gorgeous and blingy and festive! Enjoy!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one stunning set! I love everything about it!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolute perfection! They look SO beautiful on you & you have lovely hands! Rock those babies EVERYWHERE!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE this set SO much!!!!! Is it 14K or 18K? Apologize if you mentioned it, my old eyes didn't catch it. ENJOY!!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
except for my kids, that might be the most beautiful thing(s) I have ever seen!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, this is such a stunning set, @mrs-b! :love: All of your effort and planning (not to mention patience!) certainly paid off and I am truly thrilled for you! It is so wonderful when a project comes together with such perfection. Please feel free to post as many photos as you wish!! :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is just perfect. It has the wonderful warmth of yellow gold but very modern too because it is not super yellow. What is the carat of the gold? 14? Feels clean and modern and Elegant and BLINGY. It makes an unapologetic statement that Says “I’m here and I’m gorgeous”. I just love it and it looks perfect on you. Very you. And I love how the band blends into your hand but it’s still there and so unique.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So @mrs-b do you still have this eternity and how do they look together? Quite a lot of bling I would imagine. Maybe too much?
img_11012-jpg.459136

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous new set, mrs b!!! :love: Such a lovely home for your new ACA! I do love your yellow gold sets...makes me miss my originals! I hope you enjoy this for a long, long, time, because it would be hard to top these!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, gorgeous set of rings!...:clap:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cflutist - Thank you! I love the combo of different colors and textures - adds to the general tactile nature of the set, I think.

@SimoneDi - Hi! :) Finally made it! Thank you for your help and support with this and for sticking it out with me till the end. The company of fellow jewelry enthusiasts made this far more bearable!

@DanDiAnDi - thank you! I love your enthusiasm for the jewelry projects of others - it's so generous! And thank you for your kind comments about my rings; I love them too. :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@GearGirly - thank you! The Christmas theme is subtle but clear. I love that about these rings!

@Bonfire - thank you so much! I feel as though I was veeeeerrrrry patient with these, trying to get them exactly how I wanted them. I think the wait has paid off!

@KristyDarling - thank you! I love everything about them, too! <3

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T - your compliment about my hands is my all time favorite compliment here on PS! And I shall rock my rings accordingly. :))

@motownmama - thank you! The whole set is 18kt, except for the platinum tips on the prongs. And I hear you re old eyes - mine are aching as I sit here typing. Worth it tho. :)

@HappyNewLife _ I'm sure your kids are WAY more beautiful than my rings! But thank you for the compliment. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@carbonfan - Thank you! it did indeed take a lot of patience, but I always felt as though I was moving forward, so there was obvious progress right along the way, and that kept me sane. I was rocking the edges of sanity, tho, in the last week!!

@LLJsmom - both rings are 18kt, and the prong tips are platinum. I agree - it's a soft looking color, which I love, and not at all garish. I always try for a clean ,modern, classic aesthetic - I'm not an 'olde worlde' kind of person and my taste runs to the uncluttered, with strong lines and not a lot of gratuitous embellishment. I prefer a straight or curved line to a curly one, mostly because a lot of detail wears on my eye in the long term. So clean and easy to process works for me. Even for me, tho, this is a very big look. Going from an unembellished soli to this was a big step, and I'm still getting used to it. I do so love it, tho! :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Starfacet - there's actually no engraving on this ring. The holly leaves you can see were individually made, then applied to the band. I'll grant you, tho, the diamond is indeed a bling-fest!!

@redwood66 - holy tamole! I can't say I've tried my new ring with my eternity!! My fingers are short, and I don't think I have the real estate for that combo. I do still have the eternity, tho, so I'm gonna go give it a try - more or less immediately!

@diamondseeker2006 - I do see myself upgrading my stone at some point, but I'd like to put it back into this setting. I can't see how I could improve on this, so I'll be staying with it for a while, at the least. I think it would be possible to remove the basket and inset a larger one for a larger diamond, but we'll see when the time comes. And to be clear - the time won't be coming for a while! :) Thank you for all your help with this - I've appreciated it a lot.

@Dancing Fire - thanks, DF. I agree with you - totally gorgeous! :)

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
With rings like that, I'd never sing "I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day" again, because it would be! I love them! Especially the "garlands" around the basket – such a nice subtle touch to add to the more obvious (yet so delicate!) holly leaves. David Klass has outdone himself.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really gorgeous mrs-b!!! :love: Love the yg, it's delicious. Beautiful design and lots of bling, the perfect home for your amazing stone! Perfection on your hand! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that’s lovely!! They look right at home together ::)

I love that you went with an all-gold band. The diamond ring must be such a dazzling attention-grabbing sparkler that you probably don’t notice the band tucked in behind it at first! You’d have to look closely to appreciate it, and the more closely you look the more you appreciate it...I like the contrast in ideology ::)

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly worth the wait! It's stunning and personal and unique. Congrats.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a few shots of Merry and Holly hanging out with a few friends. :)

20180126_100751_resized-2.jpg

20180126_100808_resized.jpg 20180126_100817_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20180126_100751_resized.jpg
    20180126_100751_resized.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20180126_100759_resized.jpg
    20180126_100759_resized.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20180126_100759_resized.jpg
    20180126_100759_resized.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 26

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The size of that setting for your diamond is frigging perfect on your hand

PS how can I convince you to sell me that Tiffany plat band

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which one, @Niel? Because I'm about to have a MAJOR clear out.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which one, @Niel? Because I'm about to have a MAJOR clear out.
That Art Deco one I love, was it a gatsby collection? I can’t remember

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Nitedula - Thank you so much! I really wanted it to be >shhhhChristmassshhhh< without it being CHRISTMAS!!! More for my own personal enjoyment, y'know? So I'm pleased if it comes across to others like that. :)

@junebug17 - you're so sweet - thank you! I love the side stones in this setting - like everything is pointing at the center stone going "Look at that!" I've talked to @Niel more than once about the current trend towards 'bobble-heads' - what I call the Kelly Ripa of rings - big head - tiny little body. I wanted more oomph to this one, just to switch it up for a bit, and this is a nice change for me.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Art Deco one I love, was it a gatsby collection? I can’t remember

Ahhh - I think you're referring to the Legacy band. Most people are familiar with their diamond Legacy, but they also did a plain platinum Legacy. I've always wanted one in yellow gold - wouldn't that have been awesome?!! They never did one, tho, which I always thought was a missed opportunity by them.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh - I think you're referring to the Legacy band. Most people are familiar with their diamond Legacy, but they also did a plain platinum Legacy. I've always wanted one in yellow gold - wouldn't that have been awesome?!! They never did one, tho, which I always thought was a missed opportunity by them.

Yeah that one. Don’t let that go without me having first dibs

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niel - were you aware that Gypsy (I think it was Gypsy) was selling a legacy band a short while ago? I'm not sure if you saw it, or if she sold it, but just a heads up in case that's of any use to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results