shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 3.4ct ACA and matching wedding band from DKJ - 'Merry' and 'Holly'

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After MONTHS of research and discussion, I am thrilled to finally share with you all my new ring set, Merry and Holly.

I love Christmas - with a passion - so I wanted to incorporate some Yuletide elements into my design. I went with a holly motif on both rings, and the Christmas celebratory spirit is emphasized in Merry with a garland-inspired basket.

Holly is fully satin finished with milgrain edging and with individually hand made and applied high polished holly leaves and berries, while Merry is satin finished within the milgrain 'boxes', which run around the sides of the band, only ending where the holly detail begins. The back of the ring (outside the milgrained boxes) is high polished, giving a nice contrast in textures.

The side diamonds come to just over 1ctw - 2 x .24, 2 x .17 and 2 x .10 - and are individually claw set. The claws on the center stone are tipped with platinum, and the inside of the basket is rhodium plated to make the center stone pop as much as possible. Given that it's a 3.4ct H VS1 ACA, this is not all that difficult!

The design was done collaboratively in every detail by Amy Phillips at DKJ and by myself. It was not an easy design, and I wanted something not commonly seen these days. So there was a lot of to-ing, fro-ing, tweaking, and examining through microscopes to check for detail. I am BEYOND thrilled with the final result.

The rings arrive tomorrow and I'll try to post some more photos then. But for now - here's a brief video and a few photos, sent to my by Amy this evening.

Firstly, the video; you might want to enlarge it so the detail is more clear:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a few more:

DKJPV_MSC--4.jpg

DKJPV_MSC-3.jpg DKJPV_MSC--2.jpg

DKJPV_MSC-2-7.jpg

That's it folks! A BIG thank you to all the women who participated on the "Help! I'm lost in the land of resetting" thread in Rocky Talky - your help was INVALUABLE.

And most of all a HUGE thank you to David Klass and Amy Phillips at DKJ - your work is superlative, your attitude is a complete joy, and your service to your customers is second to none.

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
stunning and unique. Congrats!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Merry and Holly are beauties :love: looking forward to handshots for sure!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your classic designs with the surprise elements. They made them uniquely yours :clap::clap:

Q

Queenie60

Such beautiful rings. You have impeccable taste. Enjoy them Mrs. B, they're special treasures.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot wait to see handshots!!! :love::love:

Completely gorgeous..

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I'm drooling with anticipation at seeing these on your hand. I cannot wait! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful and I am so glad you are pleased with the final outcome. Can't wait to see handshots of your lovely new rings!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful!! So happy you decided to reset Holly! The band compliments her, completely!!
Congratulations on an exquisite project!! So gorgeous! Can’t wait for hand shots! :mrgreen2:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love how unique the setting is and how both rings thoroughly reflects your love of Christmas! Can't wait for hand shots!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly custom and so so special! I can't wait to see it on the hand!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!!! Love! Jelly! Lucky girl!!!! MERRY!!!!!!!:love::love::love::love::love::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh those turned out so gorgeous! And such bling with the large side stones! I hope you love this set forever. Need tons of pics on your hand.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been waiting to see it!!!! Both rings are totally gorgeous!!!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhhhh I'm beyond excited for you @mrs-b !!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love: This really has come together so spectacularly and I think it emulates your vision and love for Christmas *perfectly*!!!! I fully understand not going the dainty route and think this ring is going to be substantial enough but no overly so since you went with a non-diamond band. The holly details are my favorite and make these pieces so special - I love how much thought and effort you put into each and every creation - it really shows in the final product!!! HUGE kudos to DK team for bringing this into fruition for you and truly knocking it out of the park! :clap: Can't wait to see more pics once you get them!!! I'll be stalking this thread until then!!! :dance::lickout:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! So refined looking! Need hand pics!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @mrs-b The set is absolutely stunning!!! :love::love::love: Love the soft yellow gold. Will check in again later.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular as always!!!! I'm in the drool category right now!

:love::love::love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!:love: Times 2. Buttery rich, bright, beautiful, breathtaking and blingy in just the perfect way. LOVE. :love:
Can’t wait to see it on you. Congratulations on a stunning set. :appl:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @mrs-b, it is just gorgeous. I love all of the intricate details that you put in to it... the swoopy lines, delicate milgrain, and the hollies are TDF. What a wonderful way to express your love of Christmas!!! My only question is if you'll only bring this set out during the holidays or will this be your full-time set?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last 2 - and sorry for the duplicates, it was easier to throw them all up than to sort through each one to choose a select few!

20180124_111148_resized.jpg

20180124_111145_resized.jpg

That's all folks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results