shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 3.48ct OEC + 0.3ct asscher modern Toi et Moi ring - 6 years in the making!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, and this is intended in a non creeptastic way, you have no idea how many hours and how much product I went through trying to get my hair to do this back when it was short. Those carefree tousled waves. Your hair is gorgeous and legit something I aspired to!

(Mine is long now, it behaves better when weighed down and I've given up fighting it :lol:)

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You seem like you have such a positive attitude after having to deal with such a horrific incident. I'm happy for you to have made found and made lemonade in the form of a beautiful, unique ring. Hoping you are able to find a jeweler who can add some structural support to the ring like @yssie suggested and keep those gorgeous lines and your stones secure.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is simply fabulous, and looks amazing on you! I just love your style!!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Wow wow wow!! LOVE this and your overall style so much. You are killing it! (And can't wait to see the ring after the tweaks to the setting -- would love a billion more pics plz :D )

Last edited:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
HALL. OF. FAME.

Wow I just adore it!!
Hehe thanks!

Also, and this is intended in a non creeptastic way, you have no idea how many hours and how much product I went through trying to get my hair to do this back when it was short. Those carefree tousled waves. Your hair is gorgeous and legit something I aspired to!

(Mine is long now, it behaves better when weighed down and I've given up fighting it :lol:)
Haha thank you, I learned two tips from my hairdresser:
1. When curling, curl once in one direction and the next in the opposite direction. Don’t worry if they’re not a “perfect” curl, nor if you miss little bits of hair - it looks more natural that way
2. Curl different sized sections of hair ie one could be an inch, another half an inch

Both work well for me, especially because I’m quite lazy :cool2:

You seem like you have such a positive attitude after having to deal with such a horrific incident. I'm happy for you to have made found and made lemonade in the form of a beautiful, unique ring. Hoping you are able to find a jeweler who can add some structural support to the ring like @yssie suggested and keep those gorgeous lines and your stones secure.
Thank you, fingers crossed!

This is simply fabulous, and looks amazing on you! I just love your style!!
Appreciate it!

Wow wow wow!! LOVE this and your overall style so much. You are killing it! (And can't wait to see the ring after the tweaks to the setting -- would love a billion more pics plz :D )
Haha I will happily oblige in the next post. The ring is being sent back for a new mount, but of course I took quite a few when I had it for a few short days :)

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
We went out for dinner to a Japanese restaurant a couple of nights ago and I noticed how the L colour was stronger - especially because the restaurant had wooden panelled walls. I’m very happy with the performance of the diamond though! Not sure how to add a video, so here are some photos

476766C2-126A-4EAE-9F2C-C155DBED0F43.jpeg

11971653-EC62-4163-8F98-54C077BD6E2A.jpeg
E7F7C5DF-8AF5-462C-8E55-0F1CA7D922D8.jpeg

Attachments

• 11971653-EC62-4163-8F98-54C077BD6E2A.jpeg
    265.2 KB · Views: 33

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few more pics as I was trying on a few things in VCA (didn’t buy anything as I’ve started to dip a toe into non-Alhambra pieces but want to try them on several times to make sure the piece is right for me!)
12C5F582-8077-4611-A642-73C31C1A3EBA.jpeg 6D5E65DB-1C3E-44DF-94E3-F16E32D36FCB.jpeg
7E087192-2C8C-49F8-9C06-0B2BA4FD8839.jpeg
09DC3661-C999-4CCC-8ABC-5CBAFA282C91.jpeg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gosh this ring is fab! I keep popping back in the hope there are more pictures. I’ve always wanted a moi et toi and I’m bored senseless with my solitaire. You’re giving me ideas

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh this ring is fab! I keep popping back in the hope there are more pictures. I’ve always wanted a moi et toi and I’m bored senseless with my solitaire. You’re giving me ideas

Heheheh :cool2:

I’d recommend saving on Instagram / Pinterest of any settings that catch your eye, there are some really interesting designers out there creating modern, asymmetric and edgy designs!

Here’s what my Instagram saved collection looks like:

3FD1F52E-7170-491F-B1A1-4F85202C5E9A.jpeg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Heheheh :cool2:

I’d recommend saving on Instagram / Pinterest of any settings that catch your eye, there are some really interesting designers out there creating modern, asymmetric and edgy designs!

Here’s what my Instagram saved collection looks like:

3FD1F52E-7170-491F-B1A1-4F85202C5E9A.jpeg

Thanks! I recognise some of the pictures ;-)
A couple of years ago I found a nice emerald, but was put off as it was smaller than my OEC and I had worries about durability, so didn’t pull the trigger. I suppose needn’t be put off by unequal sized stones or even cuts. Thanks for the inspiration :)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went out for dinner to a Japanese restaurant a couple of nights ago and I noticed how the L colour was stronger - especially because the restaurant had wooden panelled walls. I’m very happy with the performance of the diamond though! Not sure how to add a video, so here are some photos

476766C2-126A-4EAE-9F2C-C155DBED0F43.jpeg

E7F7C5DF-8AF5-462C-8E55-0F1CA7D922D8.jpeg

WOW!!!!!! This is a beautiful oec , beautiful asscher,beautiful ring, and beautiful hands! Congratulations! Your other jewels are beauties as well! just lovely!:kiss2::kiss2:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to update the thread that I have the CADs!

The addition of the 'curved' support makes it more like a full ring and in addition to providing more structural integrity, I *hope* it means the ring will sit a bit snugger as it was about 1/2 size too big.

It's being cast as one piece.

What does everyone think? (@yssie in particular please, for raising this point initially =)2)

1660817566314.png

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This is personal preference , so take with a grain of salt

I feel like the gap is a bit too large. I’m not sure if it spun, but the “center of gravity” of the piece is very off center, and it just is not reading as harmonious to me as it could. It also makes the height difference of the stones look less intentional, and creates a large “ledge” off the side which would not be my personal preference

I think the piece would be more balance if you bumped the stone over a bit. It would raise the stone, but IMO would still be so low set compared to rings with comparable sizes stones

7E94EB7F-CBE1-43A5-8ED5-9FA99B47949F.jpeg

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
This is personal preference , so take with a grain of salt

I feel like the gap is a bit too large. I’m not sure if it spun, but the “center of gravity” of the piece is very off center, and it just is not reading as harmonious to me as it could. It also makes the height difference of the stones look less intentional, and creates a large “ledge” off the side which would not be my personal preference

I think the piece would be more balance if you bumped the stone over a bit. It would raise the stone, but IMO would still be so low set compared to rings with comparable sizes stones

7E94EB7F-CBE1-43A5-8ED5-9FA99B47949F.jpeg

Thanks for your feedback!

I agree it looks a bit lop-sided on the CAD but I wanted a big enough gap (it's 4.5mm if anyone's wondering) so that it's immediately obvious the two stones are set apart.

I've just done a quick Paint job to move the OEC to the right hand side by a couple of mm (I don't have the skills for Photoshop :geek2:) and when the OEC crosses the threshold of the middle of ring, it feels less of a between the finger design which is where the design inspiration came from :)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is so stunning! I think the improvements to the setting look like they will be good.

itskcc

Rough_Rock
I'm on the edge of my seat over this thread and love everything about it (not your house getting burgled, so sorry about that!). The design, the deliberation and thoughtfulness, the aesthetic, that STONE paired with the asscher. All of it. Bravo! The ring is just stunning.

Reactions: Kya

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is so stunning! I think the improvements to the setting look like they will be good.

Thanks! Will update the thread when I get it back

I'm on the edge of my seat over this thread and love everything about it (not your house getting burgled, so sorry about that!). The design, the deliberation and thoughtfulness, the aesthetic, that STONE paired with the asscher. All of it. Bravo! The ring is just stunning.

Hehe thanks, I’m so glad there is Pricescope as a community of jewellery fiends - I don’t have many friends that understand this obsession

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Just coming back to update the thread that I got the ring back, after the change to the mount.

It now fits much more comfortably: essentially, it’s much closer to being a full band (90%) which means that it sits more snuggly against my finger and doesn’t spin or wobble, plus it should have much more structural integrity.

Thanks @yssie for the suggestion! Onto some photos, we were at dim sum and then a friend’s wedding reception today, hence the English manor house in the last pic

96EA30DB-7C5B-4CFA-8F26-B36C717C761A.jpeg D4F418BF-4515-42AC-8F9E-43D18801A154.jpeg FCCDAC89-33C5-4AA5-841F-5B66B4F22047.jpeg ABE0ECA0-B121-48D6-943F-B6023BB635F1.jpeg E41A14AE-4289-418F-B476-F4861B5FB998.jpeg 3B69891B-B9B3-4E96-9D85-D7C52974EE13.jpeg B6E17C84-9C1B-4A7F-8B35-E3A9DF75707D.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fantastic!! You kept everything you liked about the look of the original but amped the sturdiness up to 10 - perfect reset!! Congrats!! :appl: :cool2:

So glad to hear it’s more comfy now too, and I hope it makes you very happy for a very long time :bigsmile:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
It looks fantastic!! You kept everything you liked about the look of the original but amped the sturdiness up to 10 - perfect reset!! Congrats!! :appl: :cool2:

So glad to hear it’s more comfy now too, and I hope it makes you very happy for a very long time :bigsmile:

Thanks again for the fantastic suggestion and advice! ❤️

Gorgeous gorgeous and the dim sum looks amazing

Hehe thanks, I’m always a sucker for dim sum

Your beautiful ring is now perfectly made! So glad it fits better.

Thanks, couldn’t’ve done it without the PS community ❤️

@Pomelo - Girl, I think we need regular posts with your jewelry/fashion looks of the day (or week or month or whatever)!!

Same goes for @glitterbomb @Neptune and a bunch of others!! :kiss2: That would be a really fun thread.

Haha thanks, I got lucky here with my outfit cos it coincided with a friend’s wedding!

Actually, my jewellery doesn’t change too much (especially after the burglary so my collection has reduced). I like to think I get excellent cost per wear out of most things I own :lol:

It normally consists of:
- Full ear stack: I have five piercings on my left ear and four on my right ear, which houses either pave hoops or a small collection of studs. When I want to dress up, I wear my Chanel camellias in YG / white agate (bought preloved, these are the large size that are c2.5cm diameter)
- Neck: recently been wearing my DBTY-style YG with the 0.39ct diamond from Blue Nile that was a contender for the smaller stone in my toi et moi ring. Really like the simplicity of this necklace
- Wrists: Cartier JUC in RG (haven’t taken this off in three years, which is how it escaped the burglary!) and a recently acquired Hermes YG CDC which was pre-loved
- Left hand: diamond(s) on ring finger, occasionally a thumb ring in RG and forefinger eternity band if I’m feeling fancy
- Right hand: Tiffany bean and replacement wedding band on ring finger, and a YG bezel moissanite ring on my pinky. Occasionally a forefinger band if I want to amp up the bling!

Would love to see how you style your EC!

2B2

Rough_Rock
The update is lovely!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I tried on a 25ct tennis bracelet recently (c. 1.25ct each, K-M colour MRBs, SI clarity) and thought it played very nicely with my ring, so felt the need to share!

I’m really liking this tennis bracelet because the diamonds are set slightly apart so you can see them individually, but it’s not for me because (apart from the price!) my ideal bracelet would be bezeled OECs.

EFCA5087-BA78-4D68-B181-C5712C1FC127.jpeg
4E1D176F-EA98-4C85-8EAD-7D244BBB3195.jpeg

2B2

Rough_Rock
I tried on a 25ct tennis bracelet recently (c. 1.25ct each, K-M colour MRBs, SI clarity) and thought it played very nicely with my ring, so felt the need to share!

I’m really liking this tennis bracelet because the diamonds are set slightly apart so you can see them individually, but it’s not for me because (apart from the price!) my ideal bracelet would be bezeled OECs.

EFCA5087-BA78-4D68-B181-C5712C1FC127.jpeg
4E1D176F-EA98-4C85-8EAD-7D244BBB3195.jpeg

Wow! Love it and can’t wait to see your ideal bracelet if you come across it!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I managed to capture a nice video of my ring this morning :)

VBottoms891

Rough_Rock
@Pomelo I noticed on the new CAD your asscher cut is slightly lower, where as before it looked to be an even height. Has this change bothered you at all?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results