shape
carat
color
clarity

2ct Fancy Yellow (Majestry Jewelers)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I would be extremely hesitant to buy in a port like that. If something goes wrong, you have fewer remedies to correct. The prices are usually not bargains and they make bank on unsuspecting tourists.

A friend of mine bought a few large rings in a cruise port and one setting fell apart the next month.

Last edited:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
I would be extremely hesitant to buy in a port like that. If something goes wrong, you have fewer remedies to correct. The prices are usually not bargains and they make bank on unsuspecting tourists.

A friend of mine bought a few large rings in a cruise port and one setting fell apart the next month.

Their head-office is located in New York. So location is not a concern. Still waiting to hear back from them, we’re still cruising right now.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Quick update… this was their reply: IMG_1862.jpeg

We have asked for a refund of our deposit. Thankfully we paid by credit card as we can easily dispute it - we have nothing tangible and pricing is very much disputable (with comparables). Lesson learned for us, never purchase without more research first. Sadly our time was limited on the island. They do have very nice items, and the sales team was very nice, but pricing was way off.

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
When I was on a cruise and in Nassau, Bahamas. I went into a jewelry store and the guy acted like he was giving me a deal when he wanted $1200 for tiny opal earrings set in sterling silver. And that was a few years ago.

You paid a deposit ? Someone tell me because I’ve never heard of that. Sounds fishy.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
When I was on a cruise and in Nassau, Bahamas. I went into a jewelry store and the guy acted like he was giving me a deal when he wanted $1200 for tiny opal earrings set in sterling silver. And that was a few years ago.

You paid a deposit ? Someone tell me because I’ve never heard of that. Sounds fishy.

We made a deposit by choice, as Canadians we don’t travel with $25K USD on hand. We were going to have them ship it to their NY office after paying the balance by wire.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that you’ve decided not to buy, I can say what I wanted to say. I went in to a large jewellery chain whilst on a cruise with a fellow passenger. She wanted to buy, and wanted my opinion. I couldn’t believe the sales tactics, and when they thought they might lose a sale, they offered to literally hack a few settings apart in order to give her wanted she wanted. She had tiny fingers, and the setting she wanted had lots of pave. I told her not to touch it, as the setting would be so compromised I doubted it would be long before it either broke or she lost stones. When we went back to the ship, I got up the reviews for the store, most of them unfavourable, with people having little recourse once they were back home.

As an aside, I asked to look at a pear shaped diamond, about a carat in weight. It looked like milk bottle glass it was so included, they wanted the bargain price of $11,000 and were trying to tell me what a beautiful stone it was :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have heard over and over again not to buy on ships or ports. The merchandise is usually not good quality and the prices unreasonable. I think they love the relaxation of the tourists and sentimental feelings about the trips. I certainly understand the temptation but I am glad you dodged a bullet there - at least in pricing. All that glitters is not always good!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have heard over and over again not to buy on ships or ports. The merchandise is usually not good quality and the prices unreasonable. I think they love the relaxation of the tourists and sentimental feelings about the trips. I certainly understand the temptation but I am glad you dodged a bullet there - at least in pricing. All that glitters is not always good!

Amen!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results