shape
carat
color
clarity

25th wedding anniversary -diamond selection help

Here, it's math. Cut parameters. Angles and degrees.
I wasn't kidding when I said the resident gurus have probably looked at thousands of diamonds.

I’m severely hyperactive (undiagnosed autistic), I’m not exaggerating when I say I’ve looked at multiple thousands of diamonds in detail over the last 10 days alone. And I’ve been searching for a year and a half. From 11pm-4am roughly 4 times a week.

I’ve read up on the details. I know the angles. I understand this specific facet (pun intended) of this dimension.

The reason I landed on JP octa nova, is because it is unique. But the pictures got me off balance, the testimony made me fall, and the bullshit pretend replies buried me.

For the record - I don't work for JP. I bought an E-ring and am maybe guilty of being overly enthusiastic about it. You believe what you want to believe though.

If that’s the case I apologize.. I’m wired wrong. I’m really warm and caring IRL though..

What ring did you buy?
And would you mind sharing pictures / video ‘in the wild’?

SparkleMax

Rough_Rock
That first post is half about the Nova vs Decagon vid I found and half about the diamond I purchased. If you read the rest of the post you quoted I go into a bit more detail about the ring further down. It's still on the way but I should be getting pics and possibly setting vid "early next week"

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
But @DejaWiz is the goat, and I just gotta know.. if you had 6-12K to spend on an engagement ring .. what would you do?

$6-12k for LGD...I'd be reaching out to the following sellers and getting quotes:

JannPaul: Decagon

Brian Gavin: Signature Cushion or trying to talk him into an LGD Quadex

Jon at Distinctive Gem: Square H&A Cushion or LGD equivalent to the Elyque Oval

Yoram at Gem Concepts: please, please cut an LGD Octavia

...then I would search for 57 facet rounds that meet SIC criteria to weigh all my options.

Last edited:

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, @toadallyfoxy, I feel like we hijacked your thread.

Weren't you going to buy a Nova, check it out and then possibly buy the ring later (along with another loose Nova to match as a stud)? Clearly that plan of attack shifted a bit.

Hopefully, you'll be able to find something optically and artistically perfect by Christmas. Would love to hear where you are in your 25th anniversary 5+ct journey ... although if you're living in the US, you may be getting busy with Turkey Time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results