shape
carat
color
clarity

2021 Pearl wishlist?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The vendor specifically picked out ones that were less colorful for the ombré effect as they are meant to be black scale but I’m sure they still have a bit of overtone to them. I think they said greens and pinks which goes nicely with the pinked white akoyas. Fingers crossed I get them Monday or earlier. I hope I hope I hope.

Oh good to know. I have read that Mikimoto Tahitians are black scale so your necklace is going to be true to your inspiration necklace. I love that attention to detail.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh good to know. I have read that Mikimoto Tahitians are black scale so your necklace is going to be true to your inspiration necklace. I love that attention to detail.

I’ve read this too and that vca prefers mother of pearl that’s very monochromatic. I wonder why these high jewelry houses prefer the monochrome over the colors.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve read this too and that vca prefers mother of pearl that’s very monochromatic. I wonder why these high jewelry houses prefer the monochrome over the colors.

I had an SA confirm this - but almost all customers want the colourfully irridescent stuff anyway!! I can't imagine why anyone would want flat, boring mother of pearl!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Those little bumpers are often used in Japanese pieces. The are great and I often use them with tiny pearls. I did a strand of 3mm Akoya and knots would have looked ridiculous but the bumpers, being flat, were perfect. Just one every 5 pearls or so.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those little bumpers are often used in Japanese pieces. The are great and I often use them with tiny pearls. I did a strand of 3mm Akoya and knots would have looked ridiculous but the bumpers, being flat, were perfect. Just one every 5 pearls or so.

Do you know if anywhere in the US sells them? I looked on amazon but I couldn’t find any this small. But maybe I’m not searching using the right terms?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know if anywhere in the US sells them? I looked on amazon but I couldn’t find any this small. But maybe I’m not searching using the right terms?

I just bought some beadalon from an Etsy seller. There are a couple strands I keep reworking so it is nice to not have to re-knot the strand every time I add a pearl.

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
For 2021 I have a baroque golden South Sea pearl in mind. I am looking for a very particular shape with rings. Hopefully 12-14 mm in size. For years I thought they were not that interesting and now I am obsessed. Fingers crossed!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to refrain from buying something. I want to put the money towards a quality strand....it’s hard to resist:snooty:

You can do it! :) What type of strand are you planning for?

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I need to refrain from buying something. I want to put the money towards a quality strand....it’s hard to resist:snooty:

Mm-hmm. For me, it's like the saying, "Resistance is futile..." when it comes to pearls. Hence banning myself. I came within a whisker of breaking the ban. But I managed to talk myself off the ledge. Part of me was relieve and part of me was disappointed. :???: :devil: I'm counting on the "relieved" part of me to win. LOL!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a baroque Tahitian strand from a well known vendor that was bought pre-loved. The blemishes shocked me. Not the pre-loved seller's fault, she was lovely. It was just so confusing that these AA+/AAA pearls could have so many blemishes. It's always been on my wish list to "fix" the strand. I removed and added pearls but still not quite right. So I am going to replace/add pearls with these pearls. And now I am officially on a pearl ban. I mean it this time.

il_1140xN.2796112547_iij0.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a baroque Tahitian strand from a well known vendor that was bought pre-loved. The blemishes shocked me. Not the pre-loved seller's fault, she was lovely. It was just so confusing that these AA+/AAA pearls could have so many blemishes. It's always been on my wish list to "fix" the strand. I removed and added pearls but still not quite right. So I am going to replace/add pearls with these pearls. And now I am officially on a pearl ban. I mean it this time.

il_1140xN.2796112547_iij0.jpg

This is an excitting project :appl:
How long is the ban ?
May i suggest 6 weeks ?
...maybe too harsh
a month ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
After tagging along with @yssie to Mikimoto today i have to have a piece one day :lol:

Saw a nice silver brooch on trade me ( NZ e-bay but the seller didn't have the original box or paperwork
too much of a risk without i think
(if i had some spair cash right now)
I must have leaent a few things from you PS lot :D

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
That's a need, not a want
So doesn't count
Oh, you're good, @Daisys and Diamonds! We could very easily go shopping together! Usually, I'm the one who "helps" other people (aka enables), but you are clearly an expert at this! :lol:

These are pretty. :(

They are very pretty. I'm so sorry, but I cannot stop laughing—laughing with you, however... :bigsmile:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, you're good, @Daisys and Diamonds! We could very easily go shopping together! Usually, I'm the one who "helps" other people (aka enables), but you are clearly an expert at this! :lol:

They are very pretty. I'm so sorry, but I cannot stop laughing—laughing with you, however... :bigsmile:
In my dreams a big pearl shopping trip !

I bet my the time i wake up tomorrow @Lisa Loves Shiny will have bought some news pearls

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results