shape
carat
color
clarity

2021 Pearl wishlist?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The vendor specifically picked out ones that were less colorful for the ombré effect as they are meant to be black scale but I’m sure they still have a bit of overtone to them. I think they said greens and pinks which goes nicely with the pinked white akoyas. Fingers crossed I get them Monday or earlier. I hope I hope I hope.

Oh good to know. I have read that Mikimoto Tahitians are black scale so your necklace is going to be true to your inspiration necklace. I love that attention to detail.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh good to know. I have read that Mikimoto Tahitians are black scale so your necklace is going to be true to your inspiration necklace. I love that attention to detail.

I’ve read this too and that vca prefers mother of pearl that’s very monochromatic. I wonder why these high jewelry houses prefer the monochrome over the colors.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve read this too and that vca prefers mother of pearl that’s very monochromatic. I wonder why these high jewelry houses prefer the monochrome over the colors.

I had an SA confirm this - but almost all customers want the colourfully irridescent stuff anyway!! I can't imagine why anyone would want flat, boring mother of pearl!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Those little bumpers are often used in Japanese pieces. The are great and I often use them with tiny pearls. I did a strand of 3mm Akoya and knots would have looked ridiculous but the bumpers, being flat, were perfect. Just one every 5 pearls or so.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those little bumpers are often used in Japanese pieces. The are great and I often use them with tiny pearls. I did a strand of 3mm Akoya and knots would have looked ridiculous but the bumpers, being flat, were perfect. Just one every 5 pearls or so.

Do you know if anywhere in the US sells them? I looked on amazon but I couldn’t find any this small. But maybe I’m not searching using the right terms?

pearlsngems

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know if anywhere in the US sells them? I looked on amazon but I couldn’t find any this small. But maybe I’m not searching using the right terms?

I just bought some beadalon from an Etsy seller. There are a couple strands I keep reworking so it is nice to not have to re-knot the strand every time I add a pearl.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever
    March Birthstone 2021 - Aquamarine
    March Birthstone 2021 - Aquamarine
    Soapy Love
    Soapy Love

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.