shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 2.28ct 3 Stone Old Mine Cut Diamond Engagement Ring Made By Old World Diamonds

Daimond-Friend

Rough_Rock
Also wanted to add that the center stone faces up soooooo white in comparison to the side stones. I wouldn't have believed it was a K and the sides are the same or better colour.

Right? I was really pleased by this too. I have been a big gems lover and rockhound my whole life, so I have enjoyed watching some of the coloring the diamonds change depending on lighting. The side diamonds have a slightly more champagne color depending on the time of day and natural vs synthetic lighting.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Of course! What do you mean by tint? Like how yellow? and are you asking how the metal itself looks or how it impacts the color of the diamonds themselves?

Sorry I’m in my own world right now on how I feel about warm stones so my question was so vague!

I think you answered my question though with your comment about champagne hues for the side stones and taking another a look at your pictures (not at nighttime on my phone) I am seeing the yellow/warm tint (of the diamonds!) come through. Would you agree?

I’m currently looking at an M colored Diamond and assessing how I feel :)

Congrats again, I hopeful to finally have my upgrade on my finger hopefully sooner versus later if I could only just make up my mind!

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow this is so inspirational! I’m trying to do something similar so it’s incredible to see what can be achieved! You must be thrilled and it looks truly made for your hand, absolutely gorgeous. I love the proportions, may I ask the measurements of the side stones?

Daimond-Friend

Rough_Rock
Oh wow this is so inspirational! I’m trying to do something similar so it’s incredible to see what can be achieved! You must be thrilled and it looks truly made for your hand, absolutely gorgeous. I love the proportions, may I ask the measurements of the side stones?

Thank you! I actually don't have exact measurements for the side stones, yet, sigh. But, I am going to get the ring appraised soon, and I might be able to get a rough estimate of they are, without taking them out of the setting, of course. I can also ask OWD if they have that info. I do know they are each roughly 0.57 carats

Daimond-Friend

Rough_Rock
Sorry I’m in my own world right now on how I feel about warm stones so my question was so vague!

I think you answered my question though with your comment about champagne hues for the side stones and taking another a look at your pictures (not at nighttime on my phone) I am seeing the yellow/warm tint (of the diamonds!) come through. Would you agree?

I’m currently looking at an M colored Diamond and assessing how I feel :)

Congrats again, I hopeful to finally have my upgrade on my finger hopefully sooner versus later if I could only just make up my mind!

Ah okay, yes! I agree completely. There are some yellow/warmer tones coming from the side stones and in some lighting it almost looks like I have very very pale yellow diamonds for the side stones. In bright natural light they are faintly creamier than the center stone, if you squint at them long enough.
It sounds like you have quite a project going, I would love to see when it is done!

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Ah okay, yes! I agree completely. There are some yellow/warmer tones coming from the side stones and in some lighting it almost looks like I have very very pale yellow diamonds for the side stones. In bright natural light they are faintly creamier than the center stone, if you squint at them long enough.
It sounds like you have quite a project going, I would love to see when it is done!

Thanks for the info! I’m stressing over decisions here so I’ll either have a ring soon, or not for awhile longer :D

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I actually don't have exact measurements for the side stones, yet, sigh. But, I am going to get the ring appraised soon, and I might be able to get a rough estimate of they are, without taking them out of the setting, of course. I can also ask OWD if they have that info. I do know they are each roughly 0.57 carats

No worries, the rough carat weight helps to give me an idea so thank you! I really appreciate you sharing all of this information, it’s helping me to get hubby on board with pricing (he has no clue on diamond costs!)

Daimond-Friend

Rough_Rock
No worries, the rough carat weight helps to give me an idea so thank you! I really appreciate you sharing all of this information, it’s helping me to get hubby on board with pricing (he has no clue on diamond costs!)

Oooh, exciting! Good luck :D

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love everything about your ring, what a beautiful and lively piece. With real vintage diamonds… exceptional. Old World Diamonds did a beautiful setting. Enjoy!

Daimond-Friend

Rough_Rock
I love everything about your ring, what a beautiful and lively piece. With real vintage diamonds… exceptional. Old World Diamonds did a beautiful setting. Enjoy!

Thank you so much :). I’m never going to get tired of looking at it. I have to say the old mined cut has so much character at every angle.

sparkleshimmer

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I was in another thread for a while asking for who to go to for a ring build. I had a top budget of 6.5K and originally, I thought I would be able to afford lab cut old mine diamonds, but I was thrilled to find out I could indeed afford some vintage mined ones. Based on the setting I was truly after, as I really love the Marielle style settings by Victor Barbone, some very helpful PS's suggested a list of vendors that might be able to help a girl out. Old World Diamonds had a fantastic inventory of diamonds in my budget, and they had the setting I wanted also in my budget. The total for the diamonds was $4.7K and the setting was 18 kt yellow gold for $925 totaling at $5625. Well within budget. The center diamond is a 1.13ct K/I1 Old Mine Cut and the two side diamonds are each J/VS and K/VS wit a tw of 1.15. When picking out the diamonds, I tried to go for a depth no greater than 70% and as much length and width as I could get without compromising the sparkle.

A couple of IG videos. These are literally my very first two IG videos I have ever made sorry about the white background noise lol.

123_1-2.jpeg

I love this ring! I think I’ve seen it on Old World Diamonds Instagram. My boyfriend has a family three stone ring that I’m hoping to reset into your setting (and maybe upgrade the middle to a larger OEC or OMC.

After reading this we’ll definitely be going to Old World Diamonds!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results