shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 2.28ct 3 Stone Old Mine Cut Diamond Engagement Ring Made By Old World Diamonds

Daimond-Friend

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I was in another thread for a while asking for who to go to for a ring build. I had a top budget of 6.5K and originally, I thought I would be able to afford lab cut old mine diamonds, but I was thrilled to find out I could indeed afford some vintage mined ones. Based on the setting I was truly after, as I really love the Marielle style settings by Victor Barbone, some very helpful PS's suggested a list of vendors that might be able to help a girl out. Old World Diamonds had a fantastic inventory of diamonds in my budget, and they had the setting I wanted also in my budget. The total for the diamonds was $4.7K and the setting was 18 kt yellow gold for $925 totaling at $5625. Well within budget. The center diamond is a 1.13ct K/I1 Old Mine Cut and the two side diamonds are each J/VS and K/VS wit a tw of 1.15. When picking out the diamonds, I tried to go for a depth no greater than 70% and as much length and width as I could get without compromising the sparkle.

A couple of IG videos. These are literally my very first two IG videos I have ever made sorry about the white background noise lol.

123_1-2.jpeg

Attachments

• 123_1-3.jpeg
    123_1-3.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 304

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
This is truly a master piece. It looks like $10k, minimum! So much finger coverage. Plus you have beautiful hands! Congratulations, this turned out amazing and I love it so much!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! They did a fantastic job at OWD. I would recommend 10/10.

This is legit one of my favorite rings on PS, ever. I adore that you did yellow gold. It’s such a classic and I’ve been sad seeing most people stick to white gold. The setting is so classic!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
It turned out FANTATIC and I am so glad that it all worked out for you with earth mined antique diamonds no less!

What are the dimensions of the center stone?

Congrats on your engagement!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! So glad you found your dream ring from OWD. Holding out for earth mined was the right move based on your preferences - there is nothing wrong with labs, but I think just lack the charm of a true antique, which is what you wanted! Congrats

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
It’s been fun to watch your journey! Congratulations on a truly beautiful ring!

Daimond-Friend

Rough_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! So glad you found your dream ring from OWD. Holding out for earth mined was the right move based on your preferences - there is nothing wrong with labs, but I think just lack the charm of a true antique, which is what you wanted! Congrats

1000% agreed! I’m glad I held out too!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a stunning ring! How wonderful that you were able to stay within budget and get this beauty.

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Absolutely gorgeous!! Big fan of the Marielle setting as well, and your stone sizes are almost the same size as mine. Love the yellow gold. Glad you were able to stay in budget and come out on top with this lovely. Enjoy her!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I loved following along on your journey, and I am so delighted it worked out for you with OWD. You ended up with an absolutely gorgeous ring!!

Daimond-Friend

Rough_Rock
It turned out FANTATIC and I am so glad that it all worked out for you with earth mined antique diamonds no less!

What are the dimensions of the center stone?

Congrats on your engagement!

I will get those dimensions for you!

Daimond-Friend

Rough_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!! Big fan of the Marielle setting as well, and your stone sizes are almost the same size as mine. Love the yellow gold. Glad you were able to stay in budget and come out on top with this lovely. Enjoy her!

I would love to see a picture of your ring, if you wouldn't mind sharing!

Scon_ce

Shiny_Rock
@Daimond-Friend congrats, that is So pretty! Thanks for sharing! I love that you were able to make your budget work with the earth mined old cuts.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Thanks for the update with all the specs. Congratulations on your engagement! I think it came out exactly the way you wanted it and I'm sure you're thrilled that you stayed IN budget as well :)

Question for you (some PS-ers will know why I'm asking :P2). How much tint are you seeing in your YG setting, if any at all?

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning ring! The charm of a true antique stone and cut is a whole other class of lovely. The three crown setting is just gorgeous and it looks perfect on your hands! Enjoy wearing her and congrats on the engagement!

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Also wanted to add that the center stone faces up soooooo white in comparison to the side stones. I wouldn't have believed it was a K and the sides are the same or better colour.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
What you did, with the budget you had?
I'm so proud of you, best damned engineered deal possible.
That ring is amazingly beautiful. :love:
The deal warrior in me says:

Victoryyyyy!
yes-cheer.gif

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh it’s perfect I love it! Beautiful proportions and settings. Congratulations it looks really beautiful on you!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!! Congratulations!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done!! Good for you to make it all work within your budget. The ring is gorgeous and looks so beautiful on you.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is awesome!!! Perfect proportions, beautiful stones and a gorgeous setting.. enjoy enjoy enjoy!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Turned out beautifully!

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
adding this beach glamour shot :kiss2: platinum approximately 2.5ctw old mine cuts with a 22k Tiffany band.
E75E30FE-6EF0-4912-8F8C-A2F0E05C78B7.jpeg

I shared last week in the 3 stone thread! I originally bought it to sell and it fell into my personal collection instead haha. I never actually got this one formally appraised but based on the measurements I figured the center around 1.15 and sides totaling 1.35

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous result! I love it!

Daimond-Friend

Rough_Rock
Yay! Thanks for the update with all the specs. Congratulations on your engagement! I think it came out exactly the way you wanted it and I'm sure you're thrilled that you stayed IN budget as well :)

Question for you (some PS-ers will know why I'm asking :P2). How much tint are you seeing in your YG setting, if any at all?

Of course! What do you mean by tint? Like how yellow? and are you asking how the metal itself looks or how it impacts the color of the diamonds themselves?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results