carat
color
clarity

#TBT 2.26 cushion (old mine brilliant)/Leon Mege Solitaire

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 8:41:06 PM
Author: neatfreak
A lot of work went into it on Jeff''s end!

3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff, I posted a question on Rocky Talk about OMB and OEC''s, so take a look if you have a chance. I really want to know who is cutting these old cuts today.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Nice pics and the ring is drop dead gorgeous. Congrats Jeff. Leon is truely the master. Will you going to him for the w band?

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 4:12:33 PM
Author: Jewels
Nice pics and the ring is drop dead gorgeous. Congrats Jeff. Leon is truely the master. Will you going to him for the w band?

Thanks Jewels. I think we will end up going back to him for the wedding band, but have not put much thought into it yet. I would like to get a single-sided micropave band, and don''t think anyone else besides Leon could "match" the w-band to the overall look of the e-ring to my satisfaction.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jeff, just wanted to say again how much I adore your stone and the ring. I have loved cushions forever and this ring is about as perfect as it gets. If I ever have a chance to get one, i''m definitely calling mark and asking for a stone like Boston Jeff''s all they way down to the strong blue fluor.
9.gif
. your fiancee must be over the moon happy. when''s the wedding so we can start counting for the pics of the wedding band
2.gif

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 5:36:10 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Jeff, just wanted to say again how much I adore your stone and the ring. I have loved cushions forever and this ring is about as perfect as it gets. If I ever have a chance to get one, i'm definitely calling mark and asking for a stone like Boston Jeff's all they way down to the strong blue fluor.
9.gif
. your fiancee must be over the moon happy. when's the wedding so we can start counting for the pics of the wedding band
2.gif

Thank you mrssalvo! Wedding will be in September 2008, so a bit of a wait for any additional bling (bank account recovery time... although my fiance says she'll wear a cracker jack ring for a w-band now that she has her dream ring
37.gif
).

I'm thrilled that my fiance's ring has contributed to your fondness for cushions... and I firmly believe that you deserve my stone's big brother: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=26 (I won't post the picture here because I don't want anyone to think this is mine).

Thanks again!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 5:59:39 PM
Author: boston_jeff

. and I firmly believe that you deserve my stone''s big brother: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=26 (I won''t post the picture here because I don''t want anyone to think this is mine).

Thanks again!

Haha, if I could only get hubby to agree with you
37.gif

just curious, what size ring does your fiancee wear?

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 6:25:36 PM

37.gif

5.5. I''ve had to convince her that''s a very good size after she looked at some SMTR threads here.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2007 6:35:24 PM

Date: 5/27/2007 6:25:36 PM

37.gif

5.5. I''ve had to convince her that''s a very good size after she looked at some SMTR threads here.
Hmmm, just my size!!! If she decides she wants another kind of diamond in the next year, just let me know!!!
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2007 5:59:39 PM

Thank you mrssalvo! Wedding will be in September 2008, so a bit of a wait for any additional bling (bank account recovery time... although my fiance says she''ll wear a cracker jack ring for a w-band now that she has her dream ring
37.gif
).

I''m thrilled that my fiance''s ring has contributed to your fondness for cushions... and I firmly believe that you deserve my stone''s big brother: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=26 (I won''t post the picture here because I don''t want anyone to think this is mine).

Thanks again!
Oh, my gosh! That is one of THE most gorgeous rings I have ever seen. I could never wear one that big, though! I think yours is the perfect size.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
The new pictures are gorgeous! I love all the fire! WOW! I can''t get over how beautiful your ring is. It looks fantastic on your fiance as well! Congratulations on your engagement and feel free to bombard us with more photos!

jcu1276

Rough_Rock
WOW! Very nice!
3.gif

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Totally gorgeous, perfect, & delicate. I LOVE it!!! Congratulations to both of you. Your fiancee is one lucky lucky lady. That stone is freaking amazing!!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
That is stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
She is sssssssoooooooooo lucky!!!! Its just gorgeous!!!!GOOD JOB!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2007 6:28:51 PM
... favorite fire shot so far...
Please excuse my late post. Your cushion is just stunning. Love the cut and the shape and that Fluor. What a wonderful stone it is. You did very well. The setting just enhances the stone. LOVELY!!!!

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the finger shot - the gemm looks so pristine and glacial, like a happy moment frozen in time. I don''t know how else to describe it. All of your thought and effort really shows through on this stunner, and congratulations.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you to all who have posted here recently (litebrte, thing2of2, 04diamond, bargaincrazy, stone hunter, ds, jcu, et al). My fiance loves the ring more and more everyday, and I really get joy from all the compliments from a group with such impeccable taste! )
4.gif

Almost 10,000 views... WOW! (and only 500 or so are mine
37.gif
) Each one is very appreciated!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 4:59:25 PM

Thank you to all who have posted here recently (litebrte, thing2of2, 04diamond, bargaincrazy, stone hunter, ds, jcu, et al). My fiance loves the ring more and more everyday, and I really get joy from all the compliments from a group with such impeccable taste! )
4.gif

Almost 10,000 views... WOW! (and only 500 or so are mine
37.gif
) Each one is very appreciated!
Yessss, and many of those are us looking for more pics.
9.gif
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s so beautiful and you''ve put so much thought into it. I could cry.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Geez... I''ve been away from PS for a few months, and look at what I miss... there are no words to describe.... i''m speechless.
It''s just PERFECTION.

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
NICE!!! What a brilliant example of an OMC in a contemporary setting! So FABULOUS!!!

36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing, amazing, amazing ring!

Congrats!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
THAT is an AMAZING ring. Makes me want to get a cushion too! and those are some great pics!!! congratulations!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Jeff, I have an idea. I propose that you hold classes and teach well-meaning but clueless boyfriends, fiancees, and husbands how to pick diamonds. Because that ring is stunning, and your genius for finding THE ring needs to be shared. There could be classes on deciding between cuts, picking a setting, and being just plain awesome.

That really is a gorgeous ring.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ML2014

Rough_Rock
Last night, I was going through some threads and found a link to your original one reagrding your search for this magnificent stone and read it in its entirety (and no it wasn''t painful, it was a great read and very educational)
1.gif
. What a great find for you- the stone and the ring are absolutely lovely. Your thread introduced me to the OMC cushion- had I known how lovely these stones are, and what a treasure it is when you find one that speaks to you, I would have considered embarking on my own journey for one without a doubt.

Congrats on your engagement and have fun picking out the wedding band (I loved the second one from Leon that you posted). I hope you wind up using him for the band- regardless though, it will be stunning I am sure.

I just wanted to add that the descriptions you as well as Cehra used to describe the beauty of your stones made me see the personality that my RB has. Your dialogue convinced me that you just can''t buy the numbers, you have see the stone and appreciate and love its personality.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2007 12:04:42 PM
Author: princesss
Jeff, I have an idea. I propose that you hold classes and teach well-meaning but clueless boyfriends, fiancees, and husbands how to pick diamonds. Because that ring is stunning, and your genius for finding THE ring needs to be shared. There could be classes on deciding between cuts, picking a setting, and being just plain awesome.

20.gif

Thanks to everyone, as always, for your kind comments on the ring. It truly was a labor of love, and I could never have done it without PS. I am very happy that you all have enjoyed the pictures of the finished product!

Expect a new photo shoot sometime in August, after we move.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Simply breathtaking!!! Exquisite craftsmanship which just makes me melt.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all,

I know I have been very slow in getting additional pictures in this thread, so I thought I would make a peace offering and post a picture that Leon recently added to the catalogue, which really captures the lines of the setting and the stone''s crown. I hope you enjoy it, and I promise to get more posted in the future (if you are all still interested).

Happy Holidays to all the wonderful people on Pricescope.

Best,

Jeff

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a beauty! I love old mine cuts.
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results