shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 2.26 cushion (old mine brilliant)/Leon Mege Solitaire

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning...absolutely stunning. The double delicate prongs....the fluid look of it....It is beyond beautiful. What a masterful ring. Congrats.

doobao

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 4:43:56 PM
Author: boston_jeff

Date: 5/21/2007 4:40:48 PM
Author: Ellen
30.gif

And obviously she said yes, whoohooo!! Congrats Jeff!
36.gif

Nah...

she just grabbed the ring and ran... haven''t seen her since.

LOL~ Jeff, you cracked me up.

& congrats on your engagement, & thx for the pictures! Beautiful~~~
36.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Jeff, CONGRATULATIONS and so glad to hear she''s over the moon about the engagement and the ring! Well done!!!
28.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jeff, I love the other pics you posted. Please post like a bazilion more.
5.gif

Trust me, no one''s going to stop you!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely the most GORGEOUS ring I have ever seen. Wow, you sure did good. Congrats to you and your very lucky girl!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Just stunning! Congratualtions!

Now what will she do for a band?

Keep the pictures coming!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, now I want to trade my asscher solitaire in for a cushion in a LM setting. :) That ring is unbelievable!

EAT

Rough_Rock
Congratulations Jeff!! You did amazing. Enjoy this time, its the best!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOLY SMOKES!!!!! Gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Boston Jeff - that ring looks even better on her hand!
30.gif
Such a gorgeous creation! There is so much subtlety to the design. Really nice! Congrats!
36.gif

And thanks for posting so many pictures! I wouldn''t have been satisfied with even one fewer.

Looks like my LM ring is ready too......

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the engagement!

I''m glad you posted more pictures for us to drool over. Feel free to post as many pictures as you''d like. Your fiance is a very lucky woman! Great job! Your cushion LM solitaire is to die for! Gorgeous!!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is perfection. It is truly the prettiest solitare that I have ever seen -well actually ever seen a picture of and I bet it is even more gorgeous in real life.

Congrats on your engagement.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Stunning setting for such a beautiful stone. I love it! Congrats to you!!

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your wonderful comments about the ring! I wish you all could see it in person...

As "thanks," here''s the new picture from Leon''s website (nicer than the one he originally sent me)... feel free to vote on it
37.gif

r907_002Ww3.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy crap I practically have a seizure every time I look at that stone. Beautiful picture by Leon.

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 1:44:23 PM
Thank you all for your wonderful comments about the ring! I wish you all could see it in person...

As 'thanks,' here's the new picture from Leon's website (nicer than the one he originally sent me)... feel free to vote on it
37.gif

Hi Boston Jeff

You must be so proud that your ring made it to Leon's website!!!!! It truly is beautiful.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 2:39:58 PM
Author: Kasey3

Hi Boston Jeff

You must be so proud that your ring made it to Leon''s website!!!!! It truly is beautiful.

I do have one question for you- do you know the width of the band?

I don''t Kasey, but if I had to guess, I''d say 1.8mm. It is a thin, delicate band but does not look completely insubstantial. I will attempt to measure it and report back (but that will require getting it off the fiance''s finger).

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff, you should teach a class to husbands and husbands-to-be. You picked out one amazing stone and setting. I just love it.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
boston_jeff, you did such a great job!!! I keep coming back to drool over your ring.

Good luck trying to get the ring off your fiance! If I were her, I''d NEVER want to take it off! (other than to clean it)
2.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
This is the most beautiful ring! I am really impressed with your stone and the Leon setting.
36.gif

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 10:39:41 PM
Author: starryeyed
Wow, Boston Jeff - that ring looks even better on her hand!
30.gif
Such a gorgeous creation! There is so much subtlety to the design. Really nice! Congrats!
36.gif

And thanks for posting so many pictures! I wouldn''t have been satisfied with even one fewer.

Looks like my LM ring is ready too......

Thanks Starryeyed, and congratulations to you as well for your beautiful ring that you get to wear rather than just look at!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 9:09:42 PM
Thanks Starryeyed, and congratulations to you as well for your beautiful ring that you get to wear rather than just look at!
Hey thanks Boston Jeff!

I posted some pictures of my ring, which arrived today. Check out the thread here in SMTR.

I posted LM''s images and some handshots. Enjoy!
1.gif

By the way, you could always get your own ring!
2.gif

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 3:10:35 PM
Author: katiedid
Jeff, you should teach a class to husbands and husbands-to-be. You picked out one amazing stone and setting. I just love it.

thank you katiedid, I'm glad your stone replacement story had a happy ending!

hmmm... maybe a career change is in order... jewelry consultant for husbands-to-be... sounds promising...
37.gif

Although I think some luck was definitely involved for everything to come together...

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 9:15:10 PM
Author: starryeyed

By the way, you could always get your own ring!
2.gif

There are other ways I will spend money on myself... I get plenty of joy seeing how happy my fiance is with the ring... I catch her in la-la land with it all the time!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 9:40:17 PM
There are other ways I will spend money on myself... I get plenty of joy seeing how happy my fiance is with the ring... I catch her in la-la land with it all the time!
It''s wonderful that she is so thrilled!
36.gif
It''s a package deal, so I know part of the reason is that she is thrilled with you!
2.gif

Marcel.T.

Rough_Rock
Jeff,

I stop by this site once in awhile to just take a look. I love this ring and would like to know where you found it. I would buy one like it in a minute if I could find one. It is absolutely the prettiest diamond I have ever seen... Did I say...I love old mine diamonds? Someone is a very lucky girl.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 8:38:36 PM
Author: Marcel.T.
Jeff,

I stop by this site once in awhile to just take a look. I love this ring and would like to know where you found it. I would buy one like it in a minute if I could find one. It is absolutely the prettiest diamond I have ever seen... Did I say...I love old mine diamonds? Someone is a very lucky girl.

He had it made by Leon Mege and spent many many months finding the stone himself. A lot of work went into it on Jeff''s end!

Marcel.T.

Rough_Rock
Hi Neatfreak,

Thanks for answering my question. Did Jeff post anything about his search for this diamond? I have been out of the loop for a long time. I know there are several places in NY that sell antique stones. I am looking for about a 2-2.5ct. old mine...not a cushion. If Jeff did post about his search, could you please direct me to where I can find it on the forum? Thanks. Marcel T.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
marcel, jeff''s ering stone is not an actual antique stone, it''s a modern that''s cut to look antique, if I understand correctly. I believe he went to Mark at ERD in NYC. Apparently Mark has a knack for locating new old-style cut stones. His link is usually somewhere on the top banner here.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 8:49:55 PM
Author: Marcel.T.
Hi Neatfreak,

Thanks for answering my question. Did Jeff post anything about his search for this diamond? I have been out of the loop for a long time. I know there are several places in NY that sell antique stones. I am looking for about a 2-2.5ct. old mine...not a cushion. If Jeff did post about his search, could you please direct me to where I can find it on the forum? Thanks. Marcel T.

Hi Marcel, first of all, thank you for your compliments on the ring!

Surfgirl is right, my stone is an old-style stone, but is not an actual antique. I was a little too picky with symmetry and color to find a true antique.

Here is the (long) thread of my stone search, if you are still interested.

I actually found my stone myself on Mondera, but Mark was able to source it for me from a cutter in his building. So going through Mark would be a great idea-- just tell him what you want and he'll get you some options. If you want a true antique, I'm not sure if he's your guy, but he's still worth contacting because he will help if he can.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results