shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 2.11 D VS2 HPD CBI

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunningly gorgeous! You have beautiful hands! Congratulations!!
Thank you @Hum-ble for your kind comment :wavey:

Busy weekend with my daughter and SIL in town, so that's why I am late replying!

As you know, I love your new diamond and setting! :love: There's nothing more classic than a Tiffany style diamond ring, and I certainly have enjoyed having a similar setting for a long time! I do prefer a beautiful superideal cut in that setting, though, and the 2.1 ct looks pretty huge on your small finger! That would be a holy grail ring for most people, and I know very few people in my local circle that wear a diamond larger than that. So it is certainly a great size even if you never upgrade or add side stones.
thank you @diamondseeker2006 I have always valued your sage advice. Thank you for all your input through this process. :wavey:

Oh my god. What a beautiful collection
Thank you @Sexypiggy (love your handle). =)2

Congrats on your spectacular new stone @LLJsmom!!! :kiss2: You got this ring totally right - it’s super classic, so elegant and really the crème de la crème! I hope she falls into rotation with MK and that you could appreciate each for their own beauty. I’ve come to realize...there isn’t a right or wrong, just different stepping stones in our bling journey!
Thank you @ac117 appreciate your wise words. It is a journey. I’m impatient and I wish I could teleport to the destination now. :lol-2:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm little late to the party but just wanted to say again that your new icy white D colored CBI looks blindingly beautiful! :love: I only wish I had tiny fingers like you!

I'd be interested in seeing which ER you will wear more often over time now that you have a MRB and OEC--the best of both worlds IMHO! :appl:

Happy early anniversary to you! :wavey:

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
This is so beautiful, and I absolutely love it paired with your juicy band! :kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm little late to the party but just wanted to say again that your new icy white D colored CBI looks blindingly beautiful! :love: I only wish I had tiny fingers like you!

I'd be interested in seeing which ER you will wear more often over time now that you have a MRB and OEC--the best of both worlds IMHO! :appl:

Happy early anniversary to you! :wavey:

Thank you @m-2-b ! :wavey: Which do you wear more?

This is so beautiful, and I absolutely love it paired with your juicy band! :kiss2:
Thank you @LoveMeDo , for your lovely comments.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a lovely classic beauty! You are a lucky lady! It looks huge on you, did you mention your finger size anywhere, just for reference?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a lovely classic beauty! You are a lucky lady! It looks huge on you, did you mention your finger size anywhere, just for reference?

Thank you @Snowdrop13 . Totally forgot to mention, and that's the question I ask all the time. I'm a 4.5.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm always late to comment, but have been popping in to ogle at your beautiful new ring all weekend! It is truly a HG of a ring! I think you have the best of both worlds, an icy white modern RB, and a creamy colored old cut for a completely different look!

If I were you I would wear the different looks depending on your outfit of the day. If I were wearing solid colors and structured pieces, I'd choose the MRB, but when wearing a floral, or lacy romantic outfit, I'd choose the OEC!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING diamond and in the most classic and romantic setting to showcase it!!
I love how past loves can reemerge into our hearts once again. I never thought I'd love a MRB again, but they are so magical aren't they ;)2?

It looks crazy big in the pictures, it's a total bombshell!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm always late to comment, but have been popping in to ogle at your beautiful new ring all weekend! It is truly a HG of a ring! I think you have the best of both worlds, an icy white modern RB, and a creamy colored old cut for a completely different look!

If I were you I would wear the different looks depending on your outfit of the day. If I were wearing solid colors and structured pieces, I'd choose the MRB, but when wearing a floral, or lacy romantic outfit, I'd choose the OEC!
Thank you @jaysonsmom How clever you are! I never even thought about that. Maybe it's because I don't have anything that is romantic. LOL. But I get the idea, and it makes sense. Will think about that every time I wear something that isn't black, white, blue or gray.

I love how past loves can reemerge into our hearts once again. I never thought I'd love a MRB again, but they are so magical aren't they ;)2?

@JDDN I'm not sure this would have happened if it wasn't for you. Seriously. THANK YOU. I felt like I couldn't proceed without your counsel. I cannot thank you enough. :wavey: How I got so lucky to get to know you is...just don't know. Thank you. ( Ahhh. Thank you @LaylaR.)

And yes, this "past loves" thing. LOL! Midlife crisis rears it's sparkly head?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:wavey::mrgreen2:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @jaysonsmom How clever you are! I never even thought about that. Maybe it's because I don't have anything that is romantic. LOL. But I get the idea, and it makes sense. Will think about that every time I wear something that isn't black, white, blue or gray.

@JDDN I'm not sure this would have happened if it wasn't for you. Seriously. THANK YOU. I felt like I couldn't proceed without your counsel. I cannot thank you enough. :wavey: How I got so lucky to get to know you is...just don't know. Thank you. ( Ahhh. Thank you @LaylaR.)

And yes, this "past loves" thing. LOL! Midlife crisis rears it's sparkly head?

Awww, you!!!! It is so much easier (and more fun!) to make such choices and decisions with friends though isn't it? I'm glad you had a bling crew to share in your process and I am very appreciative of our friendship LLJ!!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Darn. Thought I posted comparison pics. For color and brightness.

3 ct H MRB
3 ct K OEC
5 stone. 30 pt F and E
2794DCE4-D31E-4555-B79C-D5D7EDDCDBB1.png 12EDAACB-A904-4A06-8D25-FB9DA1C0E0B9.jpeg FDDA891D-6152-448F-8AD9-8493EC60864E.jpeg 15B27219-8886-4B2F-BCAC-051A4A216924.jpeg C13D9201-005B-4AA1-A50A-E918642FDA24.jpeg

Wow all of these are SO gorgeous!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I'm late chiming in -- it is my super busy season work-wise and I have been off PS for awhile in an attempt to get projects out the door to clients.

Your diamond and setting look SPECTACULAR!!!!!!

I love love love that you appreciate and love the D color in a MRB. Nothing compares to that true icy-whiteness!

To me, your CBI solitaire is exactly perfect. It looks incredible on your hand and paired with your band. I do not think it is too much bling, it is simply divine!

We are sisters in both our CBI diamonds and our rings! I swear that is my setting exactly!

Remember the old tv show Wonder Twins? They had magic rings that matched --- that's us!!! They'd say "Wonder Twins, activate"...and then press their magic rings together. LOL!!

Wonder_Twins.jpg

We need to recreate this pic if we ever meet at a CBI or PS get together!

Anyway, enjoy your awesome ring!! You wear it like a queen!

Last edited:

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock
I love the ice white of a D! Beautiful!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow all of these are SO gorgeous!
Thank you @Mreader .

Sorry I'm late chiming in -- it is my super busy season work-wise and I have been off PS for awhile in an attempt to get projects out the door to clients.

Your diamond and setting look SPECTACULAR!!!!!!

I love love love that you appreciate and love the D color in a MRB. Nothing compares to that true icy-whiteness!

To me, your CBI solitaire is exactly perfect. It looks incredible on your hand and paired with your band. I do not think it is too much bling, it is simply divine!

We are sisters in both our CBI diamonds and our rings! I swear that is my setting exactly!

Remember the old tv show Wonder Twins? They had magic rings that matched --- that's us!!! They'd say "Wonder Twins, activate"...and then press their magic rings together. LOL!!

Wonder_Twins.jpg

We need to recreate this pic if we ever meet at a CBI or PS get together!

Anyway, enjoy your awesome ring!! You wear it like a queen!
Thank you @RunningwithScissors . Busy is good. =)2 Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the videos, demonstrating the "power of the sparkle". It was helpful to know that there is a person out there that knew they needed a D right off the bat, to the extent of committing to a custom cut. I felt a little less nuts. Are you enjoying your stone? I am having fun getting to know it. It surprises me all the time. :kiss2: Yes, and hopefully when covid is over, we can meet up at a GTG and activate those Wonder Twin powers, although mine is more of a little sister to your big one.

I love the ice white of a D! Beautiful!
Thank you @Rons Wolfe . Yeah. I enjoy the iciness.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG - don't check in for a week, and see what I missed!
This is absolutely gorgeous, and looks perfect on your hand.
It looks scrumptious with the band!
Yes, videos would be awesome! The difference in the colors in your comparison photo D - H - K is really highlighted that icy whiteness!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG - don't check in for a week, and see what I missed!
This is absolutely gorgeous, and looks perfect on your hand.
It looks scrumptious with the band!
Yes, videos would be awesome! The difference in the colors in your comparison photo D - H - K is really highlighted that icy whiteness!

Thank you so much @Yimmers !! When I get a chance I will post more shots and maybe videos. :)

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DAMN! Gorgeous ring and dangerous thread. You’re making me wanna upgrade again! :naughty::lol:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, she's so white. I love it. Congrats.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful!!! Wear it in good Health and Happiness Always!

Bruin Bling

Rough_Rock
Beautiful indeed. The stone looks so brilliant and crisp. Congrats!

Rockredo

Shiny_Rock
I haven’t been on Pricescope in months and this stunning gem lured me back in! Wow! It’s breathtaking and PERFECT. I can’t imagine how icy white this is IRL. Best wishes!! Can I ask how it fits with your 5 stone? I am looking forward to a new E ring for my 15th anniversary next year and want a nice 2 ct solitaire. I saw yours has a little donut but it seems to fit nicely. Can you share the setting details? Thank you and congratulations!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t been on Pricescope in months and this stunning gem lured me back in! Wow! It’s breathtaking and PERFECT. I can’t imagine how icy white this is IRL. Best wishes!! Can I ask how it fits with your 5 stone? I am looking forward to a new E ring for my 15th anniversary next year and want a nice 2 ct solitaire. I saw yours has a little donut but it seems to fit nicely. Can you share the setting details? Thank you and congratulations!
Thank you @Rockredo The setting is the Boston Classic modified. My 5 stone fits next to it but I think there is some scratching to the ering. I actually don’t care if the ring setting is scratched. I just don’t want the diamonds in the five stone damaged. HPD did the CAD. First time I’ve worked with CADs. Easy.

I see you’re deciding between cushion or round. Hope this helps.

873BFAD3-6021-4B26-989E-C9A3DDDF6F76.jpeg C8A40B59-1457-46A0-ADEA-498B5B20FBB9.jpeg C5285FDE-7519-435C-8EC6-6A2C547A0CC2.jpeg 6CE1CEDD-E4A7-4608-A304-7769556AAE7A.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results