shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 2.11 D VS2 HPD CBI

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! What a delicious scrumptious diamond to feast my eyes on :love::love::love:.
GORGEOUS!!!
Thank you @Sparkles88 :wavey: You’re so sweet.

That is a beautiful diamond and ring! And at least with CBI / HPD if a larger D comes along that you can afford you have the option. But in reality that is a very classic ring in a classy size and looks perfect on your hand. Enjoy!
Thank you @lydial Yes, I appreciate the upgrade policy greatly. 2 carats is a classic size so I will see how I feel about it over time. I will admit I drooled over your 3 carat CBI. :lickout: How are you enjoying it?

What a great stable you have. It will be interesting to see which ring you prefer to put on for your daily life. I notice I gravitate to my solitaire. I totally crush on simple, flowing solitaires.

The lines on that ring are sheer perfection!
Thank you @moneymeister I’ve always been terrified of a higher set ring and could not appreciate the beauty of it. And then all of a sudden I kept popping into Tiffany to try on their solitaire. I guess people can change. HPD did a lovely job on this setting and I have to thank @LaylaR for understanding exactly what is was describing. And thanks to all the lovely PSers that posted lots of photos of this setting.

Beautiful icy white ring!! I think it is wonderful to have a choice of rings each morning, depending on your mood or your outfit. And the setting is a favorite of mine. Enjoy!
Thank you @OdetteOdile It’s funny to think that I have a choice. I don’t think of it that way. I tend to categorize my rings and leave them in their silos. I’ll have to remind myself that I can choose a different ring in the morning.

Congratulations on your new stone!
Thank you @tyty333 :wavey: Nice to see you here!

LLJsmom I saw that you had been talking about an MRB but had no idea that you had one in the works! It looks beautiful and the setting really lets the diamond speak! I am happy for you and hope that you enjoy it to the fullest!
Thank you @MissGotRocks Are you shaking your head? LOL! I’m still trying to get it right. Thank you for being happy for me. Hope you’re enjoying your gorgeous three stone. I still love your ring...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my D :kiss2: If I was going to go lower in colour now, I think I would have to go really low & into the yellow range, as personally for me I'm not sure my eyes could adjust the the creamy tint of something in the middle of the scale. I'm pretty OCD with cleaning & neatness, so my D excites me with it's transparant water like properties. It looks like a dew drop.

Enjoy having such a beautiful choice to make each morning! Or rock them both on different hands......

@Alex T that is a perfect description of your pear. Dew drop of water!!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very rarely do we see D stones here in a 2ct+ size. They are absolutely mesmerizing!!! Congratulations on finding your PERFECT e-ring after 23 years!!!

L

lydial

Thank you @lydial Yes, I appreciate the upgrade policy greatly. 2 carats is a classic size so I will see how I feel about it over time. I will admit I drooled over your 3 carat CBI. :lickout: How are you enjoying it?

Hi @LLJsmom I am truly enjoying the 3 ct! I am 10000% Ok with the J color as well. I am not into the icy white diamond aesthetic which definitely is appreciated by my budget. On my hand it is "just right" but I wear a good size 9+.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To those of us lucky to have followed your journeys on PS over the years, this ring is so YOU. Pure and clean and perfect and up to the most exacting taste. A true classic. All elegance. A statement.

Nicely done, @LLJsmom - this is a perfect addition to your collection. And in that setting, I think the size is spot on. Sometimes we get 'all about the size' and 'bigger is better'. And yet design and aesthetic is all about proportion and line - and in madly pursuing size, we often miss that. The ratio of head to band and head to finger on your new ring is so restful and balanced. It's meant to be a jewel - not just a 'rock in prongs' - and yours is a true jewel.

Like you. :))

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your CBI is stunning!!! I admit I am not that color sensitive but looking at your D color....that is to die for! :kiss2:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW absolutely gorgeous!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very rarely do we see D stones here in a 2ct+ size. They are absolutely mesmerizing!!! Congratulations on finding your PERFECT e-ring after 23 years!!!

Thank you so much @CareBear . Lol! 23 years older, and hopefully at least 13 years wiser. (Had some really dumb years in there.). And hope this is it!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To those of us lucky to have followed your journeys on PS over the years, this ring is so YOU. Pure and clean and perfect and up to the most exacting taste. A true classic. All elegance. A statement.

Nicely done, @LLJsmom - this is a perfect addition to your collection. And in that setting, I think the size is spot on. Sometimes we get 'all about the size' and 'bigger is better'. And yet design and aesthetic is all about proportion and line - and in madly pursuing size, we often miss that. The ratio of head to band and head to finger on your new ring is so restful and balanced. It's meant to be a jewel - not just a 'rock in prongs' - and yours is a true jewel.

Like you. :))

Thank you @mrs-b for your lovely comments. What is it about you that makes me spill my guts? (More than I already do). When I first saw the pics I was worried about the prongs being too big. Wink said, look at it first. And I said yes, cause I know the PS years have activated my OCD, in no small measure. Turns out the prongs look fine to my eyes. I’m still giving it a week or two to be certain but I thank you for telling it looks balanced. Somehow you have reassured me.

You’re totally right about the size thing. before PS I would never have compromised. (Little did I know that I was compromising anyway before I was educated on cut.). Being on PS has definitely conditioned my eyes to expect “bigger”, which has now become the new normal. (Not so new really). So now I’m retraining my brain to reverse DSS. And enjoy the colorful sparkles everywhere. Thank you! (((Hug))) You are one of those people that can get “into my brain”.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Videos would be incredible! I’m just saying!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you @Weecam I have looked at your gorgeous CBI many times and your setting was very tempting! Very sleek and simple and yet low set! Hope you’re enjoying her.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Videos would be incredible! I’m just saying!

Hi Nala, I would try. I think we need to post from YouTube right? Do you happen to know where instructions are to post videos? I know previously they were disallowed but the rules have changed, I believe.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nala, I would try. I think we need to post from YouTube right? Do you happen to know where instructions are to post videos? I know previously they were disallowed but the rules have changed, I believe.

Create a free account on Vimeo. Super easy!

Hum-ble

Rough_Rock
Stunningly gorgeous! You have beautiful hands! Congratulations!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Sparkles88 :wavey: You’re so sweet.

Thank you @moneymeister I’ve always been terrified of a higher set ring and could not appreciate the beauty of it. And then all of a sudden I kept popping into Tiffany to try on their solitaire. I guess people can change. HPD did a lovely job on this setting and I have to thank @LaylaR for understanding exactly what is was describing. And thanks to all the lovely PSers that posted lots of photos of this setting.

Thank you @OdetteOdile It’s funny to think that I have a choice. I don’t think of it that way. I tend to categorize my rings and leave them in their silos. I’ll have to remind myself that I can choose a different ring in the morning.

Thank you @tyty333 :wavey: Nice to see you here!

Thank you @MissGotRocks Are you shaking your head? LOL! I’m still trying to get it right. Thank you for being happy for me. Hope you’re enjoying your gorgeous three stone. I still love your ring...

@LLJsmom - we diamond lovers can be a fickle bunch! Just have to keep trying until you get it right. You have the benefit of two beautiful diamonds and rather than being divided, hopefully you can enjoy them both. . .at least until you don't want to anymore! LOL! I am still loving my three stone but I never say never either!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations on a beautiful new diamond ring!

thank you for sharing your journey, thought process, your hesitations and what gave you pause. it's most interesting

it's a beautiful healthy size on your hand. to my eyes, i don't feel it looks too small, at all.

can't go wrong with a d colorless diamond in a round brilliant or an ideal old cut or a step cut, for that matter ...

may you have lots of fun getting to know it, well!
@Big Fat Facets , I was reading my comment and I don’t even say thank you. So sorry! Thanks for your lovely comments. I was deep in analysis mode.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great stable you have. It will be interesting to see which ring you prefer to put on for your daily life. I notice I gravitate to my solitaire. I totally crush on simple, flowing solitaires.

The lines on that ring are sheer perfection!

I have the same question as moneymeister! Keep us posted on which ring you tend to reach for more often. It would be really interesting to observe! :)

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Weecam I have looked at your gorgeous CBI many times and your setting was very tempting! Very sleek and simple and yet low set! Hope you’re enjoying her.

Thank you @LLJsmom !
I love my CBI. I upgraded to a 2.02 G SI1 right before COVID hit. I’m not sure if I updated my thread yet. :?:
I didn’t really want to brag about my diamond during that time....

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your beautifully elegant ring!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super beautiful, timeless, and classic!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the same question as moneymeister! Keep us posted on which ring you tend to reach for more often. It would be really interesting to observe! :)
For sure. Will do!

Thank you @LLJsmom !
I love my CBI. I upgraded to a 2.02 G SI1 right before COVID hit. I’m not sure if I updated my thread yet. :?:
I didn’t really want to brag about my diamond during that time....
Maybe you will consider sharing now? Can't be worse form than me... :lol-2:

Congratulations on your beautifully elegant ring!
Thank you @Diamond Girl 21 . =)2

Super beautiful, timeless, and classic!
Thank you @Laila619 ! :wavey:

Well wall painting is cheaper but not as fun as new bling lol!
Enjoy all of your beautiful treasures!
Thanks @Polabowla . Guess I should be glad DH didn't repaint. LOL!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Busy weekend with my daughter and SIL in town, so that's why I am late replying!

As you know, I love your new diamond and setting! :love: There's nothing more classic than a Tiffany style diamond ring, and I certainly have enjoyed having a similar setting for a long time! I do prefer a beautiful superideal cut in that setting, though, and the 2.1 ct looks pretty huge on your small finger! That would be a holy grail ring for most people, and I know very few people in my local circle that wear a diamond larger than that. So it is certainly a great size even if you never upgrade or add side stones.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your spectacular new stone @LLJsmom!!! :kiss2: You got this ring totally right - it’s super classic, so elegant and really the crème de la crème! I hope she falls into rotation with MK and that you could appreciate each for their own beauty. I’ve come to realize...there isn’t a right or wrong, just different stepping stones in our bling journey!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results