shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 2.11 D VS2 HPD CBI

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations. Wear in good health and happiness.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond, beautiful ring - enjoy!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You made an amazing choice, @LLJsmom, and I absolutely love it on your hand!! :love: You wear that 2ct D very, very well, I must say!! And I completely understand about yearning for the different flavors of OECs and MRBs as I found myself in the same boat. I had really hoped to be a ORTRTA girl, but over the years I have come to the realization that I am hopelessly and unabashedly not a ORTRTA girl at all and I have made peace with that, LOL! And unfortunately I am also very color sensitive, so although I can go down to a K in OECs, my palate for MRBs is in the D-E range which is not kind to my wallet! But in any case, I think you will absolutely love having one of each, and I will be curiously eager to hear your impressions along the way! Congratulations and enjoy your new 2ct D beauty!! :dance:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is truly icy white! Of all those beautiful rings you posted pics of, which is your favorite?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. My. Flipping. God. This is the stuff of DREAMS :kiss2:

I had no idea you were even looking for a new stone with MK being so beautiful! Wowsers! Is this a RHR or an alternate engagement ring? I am SO jelly!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As others have said, you really do have the BEST of both worlds, literally and figuratively. You can't get more pastel-y chunkaliciousness than your gorgeous MK, and you can't get more icy white fire and brilliance than your CBI. Throw in your other diamonds and all your VCA and you have the collection of dreams! :kiss2: You deserve all of it and more! I cannot wait until the pandemic is over and I can finally see this stunner in person!

PS - it's totally OK not to be a ORTRTA girl! (Lord knows I certainly am not) Everyone changes and evolves with time. As we get older, I feel that we get a little better at understanding ourselves and what we want deep down....and we also get better at self-acceptance. Sometimes we just want what we want, and that's OK!

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful classic ring!. Congrats! :clap:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful stone! So white! Congrats!!

HGar

Shiny_Rock
Enjoy your gorgeous rings - they are all stunning.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Wow 3 lovely rings!!! How do you choose which to wear!?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful and looks great on you!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow! Hope you indulge us with another photo shoot!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW this is beautiful! And I love that this ring symbolizes the nostalgia of being engaged but you have the beauty of a long marriage! Your husband could repurpose! The D is just stunning! Can't wait to see more pics. I love it with your 5 stone!
Thank you @bling_dream19 . The nostalgia aspect is real, and pops up more often as I get older. Yes, I would love it if he reproposed. So funny. We laugh about it, and may do a short little one quarantined in our house, if we can find a few minutes away from the kids.

Wow @LLJsmom! Your new diamond is so blindingly white! Gorgeous! It looks like the perfect size for your hand. The diamond band also looks amazing with it! :kiss2:
Thank you @MamaBee . I do love my five stone with it. :)

ICYlicious. It is stunning @LLJsmom and now you have the best of both worlds.
Like @bling_dream19 I love it with your gorgeous 5 stone too.

I am swooning over your entire collection.
It is in a word, PERFECT.

swoonoverbling.gif

The stuff dreams are made of and I am so thrilled for you. :appl:

Wear in good health and blingy joy my dear friend.
Thanks @missy. Thank you. When covid is over...

Gorgeousness! Love that CBI!!! So perfect.
Thank you @caf . CBIs are quite perfect.

Spectacular!
Thank you @AprilBaby :wavey:

What a stunner! Enjoy her in good health.
Thanks @JPie . That's the plan!

That is stunning! Enjoy!
Thank you @MamaBear =)2

Thanks @motownmama . =)2

It is spectacular! Love your custom setting as well. Feel free to post more shots. :kiss2:
Thank you @daisygrl . I have looked at your thread many times to admire your gorgeous CBI. Your setting inspired me. And I should thank you for the detailed pics. It helps me visualize the scale and commit to the Boston Classic, with a few tweaks.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. Wear in good health and happiness.
Thank you @HollyC. :wavey:

Beautiful diamond, beautiful ring - enjoy!
Thanks so much @marymm =)2

You made an amazing choice, @LLJsmom, and I absolutely love it on your hand!! :love: You wear that 2ct D very, very well, I must say!! And I completely understand about yearning for the different flavors of OECs and MRBs as I found myself in the same boat. I had really hoped to be a ORTRTA girl, but over the years I have come to the realization that I am hopelessly and unabashedly not a ORTRTA girl at all and I have made peace with that, LOL! And unfortunately I am also very color sensitive, so although I can go down to a K in OECs, my palate for MRBs is in the D-E range which is not kind to my wallet! But in any case, I think you will absolutely love having one of each, and I will be curiously eager to hear your impressions along the way! Congratulations and enjoy your new 2ct D beauty!! :dance:
@carbonfan , Thank you! I saw that you also went with a CBI a while back, and I kept that at the back of my mind. If you liked it enough, I had a feeling I would too. Maybe one day we can arrange a playdate. ;)2 And yes, I am gingerly dipping my toe into the "maybe I'm not a ORTRTA" girl, which is a little bit disconcerting...:lol-2: And yes, if only my DH would have repainted the room, we could have saved some money.

Wow that is truly icy white! Of all those beautiful rings you posted pics of, which is your favorite?
Thank you @Polabowla . The H is not mine but it is my favorite. Then MK. Then this, believe it or not. But I really think that as I wear it more and spend more time with it, I will like it as much as MK. (Struggling with feeling disloyal to MK.) It's like my five stone. I've had it probably for 5 years now, and I like it more as time passes. Whereas with MK, when I got her, I was kinda floored, like I couldn't believe a diamond could be so beautiful. Then I discovered :???: that in certain lighting environments, I just didn't love her as much. (I feel so terrible saying that.) I think I will love this princess more as I get to know her. She is nothing but crazy multicolored sparkles in my family room, and I spend most of my time there.

Oh. My. Flipping. God. This is the stuff of DREAMS :kiss2:

I had no idea you were even looking for a new stone with MK being so beautiful! Wowsers! Is this a RHR or an alternate engagement ring? I am SO jelly!
@Alex T You are so sweet. =)2 Thank you. This would be an alternate ring, for now. Girl, you got a D too, so you know about the color thing... You have been way ahead of the pack for a long time, while some of us are still figuring it out. ;)2

What a beautiful stone! So white! Congrats!!
Thank you @icy_jade =)2 I am enjoying the whiteness.

Enjoy your gorgeous rings - they are all stunning.
Thank you @Kyton =)2

Wow 3 lovely rings!!! How do you choose which to wear!?
Thank you @Fancygems , Actually, it's kinda hard. I choose between the OEC and the MRB. (The H is not mine.) I wear one in long stretches, at least that is the plan. I'm quite lazy.

Really beautiful and looks great on you!
Thank you so much @iluvcarats . =)2

wow! Hope you indulge us with another photo shoot!!
Thanks @nala . =)2 Will try to post more pics. And post some in the color comparison thread too.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As others have said, you really do have the BEST of both worlds, literally and figuratively. You can't get more pastel-y chunkaliciousness than your gorgeous MK, and you can't get more icy white fire and brilliance than your CBI. Throw in your other diamonds and all your VCA and you have the collection of dreams! :kiss2: You deserve all of it and more! I cannot wait until the pandemic is over and I can finally see this stunner in person!

PS - it's totally OK not to be a ORTRTA girl! (Lord knows I certainly am not) Everyone changes and evolves with time. As we get older, I feel that we get a little better at understanding ourselves and what we want deep down....and we also get better at self-acceptance. Sometimes we just want what we want, and that's OK!

Thank you @KristyDarling . I kept replaying your words in my head you know, and will continue to. Self-acceptance. :lol: Sounds so simple, yet it is so hard. I will work on it, and will think about your gorgeous OMC three stone to remind me when I forget.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I love how crisp and white she looks! Does the D color bother you in your family room - or is the D-Color strong enough? (:

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
A 2 carat D colour CBI is a dreamy combination! Congratulations!
I love your choice of setting, understated and timeless. Your ring looked fantastic paired with your five stone ring.

I’ve tried one E CBI diamond and it was so bright and crisp, i’ve never seen such a beautiful superideal RB before.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how crisp and white she looks! Does the D color bother you in your family room - or is the D-Color strong enough? (:

LOL! You get it. Yes, the fight is real. I do still see a hint of yellow sometimes, but there is nothing else I can do, short of hooking it to a power source and lighting it up. Most of the time though, yes, plenty white. And truthfully, my color sensitivity has increased with age, as my eyesight has deteriorated. When I'm wearing my near-sighted glasses, the hands are close enough to be fuzzy. I cannot see the faceting of the stone as well. All I see is fuzzy colorful sparkles. So color is the thing I can easily discern. When I'm wearing my multifocal contacts, I can see the detail and faceting better.

Without my contacts, this is what my ring looks like to me, but from a greater distance.
8E883627-C5F4-4EBC-8FA9-347C08895EE1.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 2 carat D colour CBI is a dreamy combination! Congratulations!
I love your choice of setting, understated and timeless. Your ring looked fantastic paired with your five stone ring.

I’ve tried one E CBI diamond and it was so bright and crisp, i’ve never seen such a beautiful superideal RB before.

Thank you @Cristallo . Finally, I learned to appreciate a classic Tiffany-like setting. CBIs are special when you've seen them in person.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredible! I love how it shines in the setting as well.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredible! I love how it shines in the setting as well.

Thank you @Kim N . The setting is well done. And I am surprised at how much of the stone I can see through the setting. I am accustomed to a much more closed setting. It is nice to see diamond...

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Kim N . The setting is well done. And I am surprised at how much of the stone I can see through the setting. I am accustomed to a much more closed setting. It is nice to see diamond...

I can imagine... especially when it's icy white from the side! I'm considering making the same change.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! What a delicious scrumptious diamond to feast my eyes on :love::love::love:.
GORGEOUS!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @HollyC. :wavey:

Thanks so much @marymm =)2

@carbonfan , Thank you! I saw that you also went with a CBI a while back, and I kept that at the back of my mind. If you liked it enough, I had a feeling I would too. Maybe one day we can arrange a playdate. ;)2 And yes, I am gingerly dipping my toe into the "maybe I'm not a ORTRTA" girl, which is a little bit disconcerting...:lol-2: And yes, if only my DH would have repainted the room, we could have saved some money.

Thank you @Polabowla . The H is not mine but it is my favorite. Then MK. Then this, believe it or not. But I really think that as I wear it more and spend more time with it, I will like it as much as MK. (Struggling with feeling disloyal to MK.) It's like my five stone. I've had it probably for 5 years now, and I like it more as time passes. Whereas with MK, when I got her, I was kinda floored, like I couldn't believe a diamond could be so beautiful. Then I discovered :???: that in certain lighting environments, I just didn't love her as much. (I feel so terrible saying that.) I think I will love this princess more as I get to know her. She is nothing but crazy multicolored sparkles in my family room, and I spend most of my time there.

@Alex T You are so sweet. =)2 Thank you. This would be an alternate ring, for now. Girl, you got a D too, so you know about the color thing... You have been way ahead of the pack for a long time, while some of us are still figuring it out. ;)2

Thank you @icy_jade =)2 I am enjoying the whiteness.

Thank you @Kyton =)2

Thank you @Fancygems , Actually, it's kinda hard. I choose between the OEC and the MRB. (The H is not mine.) I wear one in long stretches, at least that is the plan. I'm quite lazy.

Thank you so much @iluvcarats . =)2

Thanks @nala . =)2 Will try to post more pics. And post some in the color comparison thread too.

I love my D :kiss2: If I was going to go lower in colour now, I think I would have to go really low & into the yellow range, as personally for me I'm not sure my eyes could adjust the the creamy tint of something in the middle of the scale. I'm pretty OCD with cleaning & neatness, so my D excites me with it's transparant water like properties. It looks like a dew drop.

Enjoy having such a beautiful choice to make each morning! Or rock them both on different hands......

L

lydial

That is a beautiful diamond and ring! And at least with CBI / HPD if a larger D comes along that you can afford you have the option. But in reality that is a very classic ring in a classy size and looks perfect on your hand. Enjoy!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
What a great stable you have. It will be interesting to see which ring you prefer to put on for your daily life. I notice I gravitate to my solitaire. I totally crush on simple, flowing solitaires.

The lines on that ring are sheer perfection!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful icy white ring!! I think it is wonderful to have a choice of rings each morning, depending on your mood or your outfit. And the setting is a favorite of mine. Enjoy!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your new stone!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom I saw that you had been talking about an MRB but had no idea that you had one in the works! It looks beautiful and the setting really lets the diamond speak! I am happy for you and hope that you enjoy it to the fullest!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results