shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 17.8 Carat Tennis Bracelet from Whiteflash

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have a chance, just repost the natural diamond pieces in this forum. I know it's a little confusing but only natural stones are supposed to be posted in this one. I hope you're enjoying your beautiful Whiteflash diamond bracelets!!! :love:

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I had a very disappointing experience at Cartier today. I don't think I will be going back. I went there with two of my friends who are visiting...my SA let me in 10 minutes before closing, which was very nice to let us in so last minute. Unfortunately that's where the experience took a turn. We all went back to a private room to look at some pieces (a 0.5ct per diamond DEF/VVS tennis bracelet ($190k) and two emerald cut diamonds - one 5.06ct F/VS1 ($350k) and one 5.99ct D/IF type 2a (680k).

My SA brought in another SA into the room - I believe he was possibly the manager, or the diamond expert of the boutique? Not sure exactly, but he was discussing with us the differences between diamond colors, clarity, what type 2a means, etc. While trying on the tennis bracelet, I wasn't too impressed and the SAs saw my tennis bracelets and earrings from Whiteflash. They asked where they were from. I said "Whiteflash". They looked at me with a clueless expression & said "what is that". My usual SA said "online". The new SA said "oh, wow, really??? Online?????" Like it was some crazy thing to do, to purchase diamonds online in 2022. Btw, Cartier also has an online store where you can purchase items online....

Anyway, these SAs proceeded to rip my Whiteflash diamonds to shreds, despite the fact that my WF diamonds, even while being dirty from an entire day of trying on clothes at the mall, still had more fire and scintillation than Cartier round brilliants.

They heavily implied I was crazy and reckless to purchase them, said the quality wasn't good, the color wasn't as good as theirs (even though half of my WF diamonds are F color as well, just like a third of their DEF bracelet), etc. They asked if I received any certificates. I said yes. They asked what lab. I said AGS. This SA then tried to tell me that AGS isn't as good as GIA, but said well it's ok with a grimace.

Look, negging might work on some customers, but it doesn't work on me. I felt extremely insulted, and will never, ever shop at Cartier again. Luckily I'm not an uneducated consumer. I didn't just spend $140,000 without a second thought. I know the diamonds I purchased from WF are of top quality, and a much better price tag than overpriced diamonds from Cartier. Despite not being D/IF, they are super ideal cut which matters above all else to me. And I can always upgrade them to D/IF if I am so inclined in the future.

Last edited:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I had a very disappointing experience at Cartier today. I don't think I will be going back. I went there with two of my friends who are visiting...my SA let me in 10 minutes before closing, which was very nice to let us in so last minute. Unfortunately that's where the experience took a turn. We all went back to a private room to look at some pieces (a 0.5ct per diamond DEF/VVS tennis bracelet ($190k) and two emerald cut diamonds - one 5.06ct F/VS1 ($350k) and one 5.99ct D/IF type 2a (680k).

My SA brought in another SA into the room - I believe he was possibly the manager, or the diamond expert of the boutique? Not sure exactly, but he was discussing with us the differences between diamond colors, clarity, what type 2a means, etc. While trying on the tennis bracelet, I wasn't too impressed and the SAs saw my tennis bracelets and earrings from Whiteflash. They asked where they were from. I said "Whiteflash". They looked at me with a clueless expression & said "what is that". My usual SA said "online". The new SA said "oh, wow, really??? Online?????" Like it was some crazy thing to do, to purchase diamonds online in 2022. Btw, Cartier also has an online store where you can purchase items online....

Anyway, these SAs proceeded to rip my Whiteflash diamonds to shreds, despite the fact that my WF diamonds, even while being dirty from an entire day of trying on clothes at the mall, still had more fire and scintillation than Cartier round brilliants.

They heavily implied I was crazy and reckless to purchase them, said the quality wasn't good, the color wasn't as good as theirs (even though half of my WF diamonds are F color as well, just like a third of their DEF bracelet), etc. They asked if I received any certificates. I said yes. They asked what lab. I said AGS. This SA then tried to tell me that AGS isn't as good as GIA, but said well it's ok with a grimace.

Look, negging might work on some customers, but it doesn't work on me. I felt extremely insulted, and will never, ever shop at Cartier again. Luckily I'm not an uneducated consumer. I didn't just spend $140,000 without a second thought. I know the diamonds I purchased from WF are of top quality, and a much better price tag than overpriced diamonds from Cartier. Despite not being D/IF, they are super ideal cut which matters above all else to me. And I can always upgrade them to D/IF if I am so inclined in the future.

Aside from being a poor sales tactic, they were very rude to you. I’m sorry that happened.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This sort of conversation would be unheard of where I shop, for two reasons:
A) Because no SA representing a luxury brand would comment negatively on a customer’s jewellery, and
B) Because no customer shopping with a luxury brand would entertain that discussion.

I wonder if it’s a culture thing - are you based outside the US, if you’re comfortable sharing? Or perhaps you’re in a smaller/tertiary market where SAs have less training and experience?

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A) Because no SA representing a luxury brand would comment negatively on a customer’s jewellery, and
B) Because no customer shopping with a luxury brand would entertain that discussion.

I wonder if it’s a culture thing - are you based outside the US, if you’re comfortable sharing? Or perhaps you’re in a smaller/tertiary market where SAs have less training and experience?

I must say I've never had this experience either. Wasn't your VCA SA rude to you too?

I'd just simply walk away. Not that any Cartier or VCA SA would ever dare say to me anything like what they have to you.

I've shopped in Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Paris, Milan, London, Dubai - various boutiques. Never experienced any such thing.

Sorry you've had to put up with such appalling behaviours.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock

I'm in the US. I don't know, it's strange I keep having these experiences. I think they actually believe that talking badly about my jewelry purchased elsewhere, to make me feel it was a bad purchase, in hopes I will purchase only from their brand from now on is a good sales strategy.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I must say I've never had this experience either. Wasn't your VCA SA rude to you too?

I'd just simply walk away. Not that any Cartier or VCA SA would ever dare say to me anything like what they have to you.

I've shopped in Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Paris, Milan, London, Dubai - various boutiques. Never experienced any such thing.

Sorry you've had to put up with such appalling behaviours.

I do regret not walking away. I sent a text the next day to my SA telling her that my friends & I had a bad experience, and she apologized, but I still will not be back. It's just a major turn off and I'm not interested in purchasing from a brand that employs SAs that think it's ok to comment negatively on my jewelry without even being asked their opinion.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That really surprises me because it wouldn’t take a rocket scientist to know that your bracelets are made from quality cut diamonds. I can see them trying to show you other things but the best tactic would have been to say ‘I can see you have an eye for quality; let me show you some pieces that you might like’. Running quality merchandise into the ground just doesn’t sound like something a boutique jeweler would do as they would have nothing to gain by insulting a customer. It should be clear to them that you or someone close to you has spent appreciable money and may be willing to do so again.
At any rate, if you ever encounter such criticism again, ask them to stop and to go get their manager. No customer should ever be insulted in that way!

hnhn

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!

Want one for necklace LOL.

I should not clicked on this thread. Am now getting trouble LOL

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

I'm sorry you were treated with such disrespect. No one should be treated that way. Honestly, it shows their ignorance and unprofessionalism.

FWIW I've been treated badly at my local Cartier too, even when I've been treated very well at the VCA boutique which is literally next door (and I personally consider VCA to be a "higher" brand than Cartier.)

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Your bracelets are TO DIE FOR! Enjoy them! Sorry to hear about your experience at Cartier- what a turn off!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@glitterbomb -

And this is why we shop with WF of course. Nobody there would DREAM of insulting your jewelry bought from other vendors! What a stupid approach from a sales assistant who clearly had no idea what she was doing.

I've had a similar response (not rude - just "Huh? We've never heard of them...") from Tiffany in response to WhiteFlash more than once, and I respond thusly....

"Oh really? They specialize in ideal cut diamonds. These, for instance, were cut specifically for me according to my specifications. Aren't they stunning? Their cut proportions are more or less perfect. But their specialty is diamonds, rather than".. <cast slightly disdainful look around surroundings>..."jewelry, so I suppose it's possible you haven't heard of them. I'm a little surprised Cartier hasn't, tho. In the US they operate out of Houston in Texas. You should look them up - they're the sort of place with which you really should be familiar. But moving on...."

And I never, EVER, refer to them as an online vendor. You say 'online' and people hear 'Blue Nile' - which, frankly, is an under-rated company as well. But also a whole different level. Don't ever let anyone patronize you, @glitterata. You don't have to be rude or aggressive in return, but there's also no reason you have to tolerate that bull hockey.

I was wondering if you'd be willing to post a photo of your new bracelet by itself. I love both bracelets, but I find that each distracts from the other when I'm trying to appreciate them singly. So I was wondering - could you post photos of each of them alone on your wrist? I'd love to see and absorb them one at a time!

Congratulations on your new piece! I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but even so - it's a beauty and looks stunning.

ellekay

Rough_Rock
I have had so much fun reading through this delicious thread! I never would have thought that tennis bracelets of two different sizes would look good together, but I absolutely love the effect.

Thanks so much for sharing your shopping experiences and even prices--I agree, it's really helpful to get a feel for brands and comparisons, and I wish more people would disclose what they pay (though I get it's personal).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results