shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 17.8 Carat Tennis Bracelet from Whiteflash

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@glitterbomb, I'm enjoying your pics, you have such an amazing collection! And thank you for sharing pics of your visits, makes me feel like I'm getting to go too. I think the salesperson's attitude towards your bracelet was uncalled for. Ok fine, she sells diamonds for Cartier and doesn't want to come off as complimenting another company, whatever...but then just don't say anything at all!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
@glitterbomb, I'm enjoying your pics, you have such an amazing collection! And thank you for sharing pics of your visits, makes me feel like I'm getting to go too. I think the salesperson's attitude towards your bracelet was uncalled for. Ok fine, she sells diamonds for Cartier and doesn't want to come off as complimenting another company, whatever...but then just don't say anything at all!

I agree!! Those sales tactics don't even work on me anyway. It just is a total turn-off. However, I wouldn't purchase Cartier diamonds no matter what, even without those tactics. The mark up is insane...I mean $85,000 for a tennis necklace with 0.07ct diamonds, $300,000 for 6ctw emerald cut earrings, $400,000 for a tennis necklace with 0.5ct diamonds? Just no!! I don't believe in throwing money away. I would only purchase pieces at Cartier that can't be bought elsewhere, like the juste un clou, love, panthere, etc. But diamonds of equal or better color, clarity, and cut can be found elsewhere for a fraction of the cost. I feel no desire to purchase diamonds at Cartier, Harry Winston, Tiffany, etc, despite how beautiful they are. Like Debi said, you don't wear a blue box. What is the point of spending $400,000 on a piece I could purchase for $100,000 elsewhere? This is why I list prices on the items I buy (or look at) and share here. I think it's important to know and to be educated on cost, and how much things are marked up at certain stores.

ETA: I decided to pass on the panthere bracelet, at least for now, and I'm getting my deposit refunded. When I hesitate on something it means I shouldn't buy it. If I love something that is in my budget, I don't feel any hesitation and I go for it. I don't want to have buyers remorse, and pieces over 50k are nonrefundable at Cartier so it would be final sale if the transaction was finalized.

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Seeing your amazing collection and hearing about your experiences at the boutiques are so much fun!

You need your own, dedicated thread called "Glitterbomb's Treasure Chest", or "Ride Along with Glitterbomb" where we can follow along as you build your collection. I think your bling blows most of our minds!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Seeing your amazing collection and hearing about your experiences at the boutiques are so much fun!

You need your own, dedicated thread called "Glitterbomb's Treasure Chest", or "Ride Along with Glitterbomb" where we can follow along as you build your collection. I think your bling blows most of our minds!

I love this idea!! I will make the thread & credit you :love: Thank you!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Before I make my own thread, I wanted to add to thread a note about the SA I met at Harry Winston yesterday....she was so kind and showed me anything I wanted to look at, even 10ct diamonds that ranged from 1M to 2M, despite having no purchase history with her or Harry Winston. She also was considerate enough to tell me that if I was interested in fancy yellow diamonds, I would find more inventory at Tiffanys than HW. I was so impressed with that. Not many SAs will be honest & tell you to go to a competitor to find what you're looking for, they typically just try to steer you towards something that is in their inventory they could sell you. She also told me she preferred the shape of 10ct oval diamond on me than the 9ct pear, even though the pear was more money. Honesty like that is so appealing to me and actually makes me want to start shopping there!

On the other hand, I had a bit of a disappointing experience with my VCA SA. Normally she brings in all the high jewelry I want to see, despite knowing it is not in my budget and they are dream pieces of mine that I will have to save up for.

Today I told her that my budget is expected to be tight for the rest of the year. Then, per usual, I asked if she could bring in some high jewelry pieces for me to look at and have some fun with (two 10ct diamonds, like I tried on at HW and Cartier).

She said "but it's not good my love, your finance is tight, this will be tough for you". I said I still want to look at them and try them on even if I'm not ready to purchase. She then said if she can have one in the boutique she will keep me posted. Meaning if someone else is going to request one and it comes in, she'll let me know so I can try it, but she isn't going to go out of her way and bring one into the store for me under my profile.

That is so far from her typical response. I really did not like it at all. Quite frankly I've spent over 1M with her and I'm considered a VVIP client at VCA. My SA has been so kind to me and become more of a friend, but that response was really disheartening. Just because a piece is out of my budget right now, doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to try it on and see if I want to put it on my wishlist some day or save up for it. The SA at HW did not care one bit if I could afford the diamonds I was trying on, as she had no idea if I could or not. :(

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before I make my own thread, I wanted to add to thread a note about the SA I met at Harry Winston yesterday....she was so kind and showed me anything I wanted to look at, even 10ct diamonds that ranged from 1M to 2M, despite having no purchase history with her or Harry Winston. She also was considerate enough to tell me that if I was interested in fancy yellow diamonds, I would find more inventory at Tiffanys than HW. I was so impressed with that. Not many SAs will be honest & tell you to go to a competitor to find what you're looking for, they typically just try to steer you towards something that is in their inventory they could sell you. She also told me she preferred the shape of 10ct oval diamond on me than the 9ct pear, even though the pear was more money. Honesty like that is so appealing to me and actually makes me want to start shopping there!

On the other hand, I had a bit of a disappointing experience with my VCA SA. Normally she brings in all the high jewelry I want to see, despite knowing it is not in my budget and they are dream pieces of mine that I will have to save up for.

Today I told her that my budget is expected to be tight for the rest of the year. Then, per usual, I asked if she could bring in some high jewelry pieces for me to look at and have some fun with (two 10ct diamonds, like I tried on at HW and Cartier).

She said "but it's not good my love, your finance is tight, this will be tough for you". I said I still want to look at them and try them on even if I'm not ready to purchase. She then said if she can have one in the boutique she will keep me posted. Meaning if someone else is going to request one and it comes in, she'll let me know so I can try it, but she isn't going to go out of her way and bring one into the store for me under my profile.

That is so far from her typical response. I really did not like it at all. Quite frankly I've spent over 1M with her and I'm considered a VVIP client at VCA. My SA has been so kind to me and become more of a friend, but that response was really disheartening. Just because a piece is out of my budget right now, doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to try it on and see if I want to put it on my wishlist some day or save up for it. The SA at HW did not care one bit if I could afford the diamonds I was trying on, as she had no idea if I could or not. :(

That's disappointing of your VCA SA. I've literally tried on dozens of HJ pieces - some I'd never be able to afford in this lifetime, no Q asked. Also, if someone is telling me my "finance is tight, this will be tough for you". I'd tell them where to go! Frankly, my finance is my business and mine alone. It is patronising for her to have said that to you.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
That's disappointing of your VCA SA. I've literally tried on dozens of HJ pieces - some I'd never be able to afford in this lifetime, no Q asked. Also, if someone is telling me my "finance is tight, this will be tough for you". I'd tell them where to go! Frankly, my finance is my business and mine alone. It is patronising for her to have said that to you.

Thank you. I agree. It really bothered me a lot.

That was uncalled for on behalf of your VCA SA! I hope you called her out on that. Honestly if someone spends ONE MILLION at a store then it blows my mind that apparently that’s not good enough to request HJ pieces??

And she’s being a terrible salesperson (aside from the condescending comments about your finances) because if she wants you to buy the expensive pieces she’s going to have to let you try them. Or does she think you’ll order a $500k+++ piece based off of a photo?

ETA - I don’t want to be too “can I speak to your manager” but honestly, if you speak with her about that comment and she doesn’t apologise (especially about the finances thing, I’m really angry about that) and doesn’t agree to call in HJ for you - I would actually speak with a manager, and let them know exactly this - that you’ve spent over 1M at this store, that you want to see certain HJ pieces because you want to see whether you like them/ want to purchase them or not, and that when you asked your SA to see them she made a condescending comment about your finances which are none of her business and you don’t appreciate it.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I agree. It really bothered me a lot.

Especially when you've already spent over $1mil with her!! I am fuming for you!!

I'd write to Head Office or complain directly to her boss. What she said is unacceptable.

VCA has sent me feedback forms in the past after my purchases. Have they sent you a feedback request?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was uncalled for on behalf of your VCA SA! I hope you called her out on that. Honestly if someone spends ONE MILLION at a store then it blows my mind that apparently that’s not good enough to request HJ pieces??

And she’s being a terrible salesperson (aside from the condescending comments about your finances) because if she wants you to buy the expensive pieces she’s going to have to let you try them. Or does she think you’ll order a $500k+++ piece based off of a photo?

ETA - I don’t want to be too “can I speak to your manager” but honestly, if you speak with her about that comment and she doesn’t apologise (especially about

ETA - I don’t want to be too “can I speak to your manager” but honestly, if you speak with her about that comment and she doesn’t apologise (especially about the finances thing, I’m really angry about that) and doesn’t agree to call in HJ for you - I would actually speak with a manager, and let them know exactly this - that you’ve spent over 1M at this store, that you want to see certain HJ pieces because you want to see whether you like them/ want to purchase them or not, and that when you asked your SA to see them she made a condescending comment about your finances which are none of her business and you don’t appreciate it.
Agreed 100%.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock

I think because I told her my budget is tight she doesn't want to put in the effort to bring any HJ pieces in. I don't want to report her or talk to her higher up because she has become more of a friend to me, but I'm going to request again that she bring the pieces in and if not I'll have to do something.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Especially when you've already spent over $1mil with her!! I am fuming for you!!

I'd write to Head Office or complain directly to her boss. What she said is unacceptable.

VCA has sent me feedback forms in the past after my purchases. Have they sent you a feedback request?

I don't think I have ever seen any feedback form requests, but they might have gone to my spam.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think because I told her my budget is tight she doesn't want to put in the effort to bring any HJ pieces in. I don't want to report her or talk to her higher up because she has become more of a friend to me, but I'm going to request again that she bring the pieces in and if not I'll have to do something.

I suggest you do. My friends would never talk to me or behave that way. If they do, adios!

I'd also suggest you ask her manager for a feedback request, if you don't find one in spam. VCA takes clients' feedback very seriously. Let's just say I know from personal experience.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@glitterbomb, do you mind sharing which boutique this is? I've never shopped in the US. But I have friends and relatives that have. I just want to pre-warn them.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I suggest you do. My friends would never talk to me or behave that way. If they do, adios!

I'd also suggest you ask her manager for a feedback request, if you don't find one in spam. VCA takes clients' feedback very seriously. Let's just say I know from personal experience.

I'm always too nice and let people walk on me. I find it hard to speak up for myself. I need to work on that.

It's especially upsetting because she always says let's have fun and brings in whatever insanely priced HJ I request...but I always leave those appointments buying at least 30k - 80k in jewelry (even though I don't buy the HJ). By telling her my budget was tight for the rest of the year, I think she picked up on that I want to come in to try on HJ without buying anything. I think she didn't like that. I'm very happy with my VCA collection though in terms of alhambra, frivole, etc and I want to stop buying & focus on saving up for a major HJ piece.

That is good to know they take feedback seriously. Honestly this isn't the first time something has happened with her...one time she invited me to lunch at a very very nice restaurant but I had to cancel (I frequently have to cancel plans because I have chronic health issues that are unpredictable). Instead of just letting me cancel, she asked if I was sure because if I cancel they have to pay a reservation fee. I was like ummmm :shifty: I insisted I needed to cancel and then she went ahead. I, being the way too nice person that I am, offered to cover the cancelled reservation fee but she turned down my offer.

HOWEVER I seriously don't want to make her sound bad. These are the only two incidents that were off-putting. Otherwise she has been extremely nice to me. She even has arranged for a driver that drives me to my VCA appointments and drives me back home, lets me stay in the store after hours, walks me out to the car, hugs me goodbye, she even visited my house with her family! But I don't know how to explain those two things....

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
@glitterbomb, do you mind sharing which boutique this is? I've never shopped in the US. But I have friends and relatives that have. I just want to pre-warn them.

I'll DM you.

ETA: I can't figure out how to DM you, sorry I'm a newb. Can you DM me?

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Oh, there's no such facility on PS. Perhaps on the "other" forum? I am there as Lien. Thanks.

Ah, ok I didn't know. I will DM you there. I'm glitterbomb there as well

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm always too nice and let people walk on me. I find it hard to speak up for myself. I need to work on that.

It's especially upsetting because she always says let's have fun and brings in whatever insanely priced HJ I request...but I always leave those appointments buying at least 30k - 80k in jewelry (even though I don't buy the HJ). By telling her my budget was tight for the rest of the year, I think she picked up on that I want to come in to try on HJ without buying anything. I think she didn't like that. I'm very happy with my VCA collection though in terms of alhambra, frivole, etc and I want to stop buying & focus on saving up for a major HJ piece.

That is good to know they take feedback seriously. Honestly this isn't the first time something has happened with her...one time she invited me to lunch at a very very nice restaurant but I had to cancel (I frequently have to cancel plans because I have chronic health issues that are unpredictable). Instead of just letting me cancel, she asked if I was sure because if I cancel they have to pay a reservation fee. I was like ummmm :shifty: I insisted I needed to cancel and then she went ahead. I, being the way too nice person that I am, offered to cover the cancelled reservation fee but she turned down my offer.

HOWEVER I seriously don't want to make her sound bad. These are the only two incidents that were off-putting. Otherwise she has been extremely nice to me. She even has arranged for a driver that drives me to my VCA appointments and drives me back home, lets me stay in the store after hours, walks me out to the car, hugs me goodbye, she even visited my house with her family! But I don't know how to explain those two things....

I'd do something at least, maybe request a change of SA.

I'd so have no problem speaking up. But that's just me, lol.

Sorry your experience has been less than stellar. it should be stellar for everyone, let alone someone who's dropped so much $$$.

I know she’s become a friend to you, but at the same time, she isn’t treating you like a friend.

She makes commission off of you, and she’s just gotten super comfortable knowing she is making bank off of you.

I can understand not wanting to escalate immediately, but I would definitely do it if one conversation doesn’t get you the resolution you want.

Or I would consider switching SAs. I am not enough of a regular buyer at high end jewelry brands to have a dedicated SA, but I do have them at luxury leather good brands that I tend to frequent, and I have switched SAs before. It’s not nice but it can sometimes be necessary. It’s her job to assist you to build the collection YOU want.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I completely agree. I hope you do speak up for yourself and consider switching SAs. I hate seeing people get walked over.

Honestly, she doesn't sound like she has your best interests in mind anymore. She entered in the wrong serial number on your pendant and convinced you it was a fake without considering that purchases at independent locations would not show up in the system. And you've mentioned that she told you paying upfront doesn't help you get a piece any faster, but other PSers have found the opposite to be true.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I know she’s become a friend to you, but at the same time, she isn’t treating you like a friend.

She makes commission off of you, and she’s just gotten super comfortable knowing she is making bank off of you.

I can understand not wanting to escalate immediately, but I would definitely do it if one conversation doesn’t get you the resolution you want.

Or I would consider switching SAs. I am not enough of a regular buyer at high end jewelry brands to have a dedicated SA, but I do have them at luxury leather good brands that I tend to frequent, and I have switched SAs before. It’s not nice but it can sometimes be necessary. It’s her job to assist you to build the collection YOU want.

Thank you, you're right.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I completely agree. I hope you do speak up for yourself and consider switching SAs. I hate seeing people get walked over.

Honestly, she doesn't sound like she has your best interests in mind anymore. She entered in the wrong serial number on your pendant and convinced you it was a fake without considering that purchases at independent locations would not show up in the system. And you've mentioned that she told you paying upfront doesn't help you get a piece any faster, but other PSers have found the opposite to be true.

Thank you. Yeah.... I think she did that on purpose with the SO pendant, hoping I would send it back quickly and ask for the same SO through her so she'd get the sale. When I brought it into the store in person, she had to enter the serial number in the system again in order to send it in for the authentication service, and then she had to be honest that it was in the system after all.

And that's true, she won't let me pay upfront in advance for anything either, claiming it doesn't help get anything faster when other customers say that it helps.

Thank you. Yeah.... I think she did that on purpose with the SO pendant, hoping I would send it back quickly and ask for the same SO through her so she'd get the sale. When I brought it into the store in person, she had to enter the serial number in the system again in order to send it in for the authentication service, and then she had to be honest that it was in the system after all.

And that's true, she won't let me pay upfront in advance for anything either, claiming it doesn't help get anything faster when other customers say that it helps.

This is beyond ridiculous and unprofessional. Please, please consider getting a different SA. I don’t have anywhere close to near the kind of spend you have at LV/Chanel and my SAs have been AMAZING about calling stuff in, exchanging because of uneven or popped stitching, soft-reserving items that they aren’t really meant to hold etc. I find it appalling that she would screw you over like this especially since she’s made so much money off of you already. Does she think VVIPs grow on trees? Girl, for your kind of spend, they should be rolling out the red carpet and shutting the store down for you!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is beyond ridiculous and unprofessional. Please, please consider getting a different SA. I don’t have anywhere close to near the kind of spend you have at LV/Chanel and my SAs have been AMAZING about calling stuff in, exchanging because of uneven or popped stitching, soft-reserving items that they aren’t really meant to hold etc. I find it appalling that she would screw you over like this especially since she’s made so much money off of you already. Does she think VVIPs grow on trees? Girl, for your kind of spend, they should be rolling out the red carpet and shutting the store down for you!

Agreed with everything you've said.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock

My SA has a LOT of VVIP customers from what I've heard...customers that have spent far more than I have. 2M, 5M, 10M, 30M, etc. My purchase history is just a drop in the ocean.

My SA has a LOT of VVIP customers from what I've heard...customers that have spent far more than I have. 2M, 5M, 10M, 30M, etc. My purchase history is just a drop in the ocean.

If she treats them the way she’s treated you I find that hard to believe that she’s hung on to them all! And if it is true in that case I wouldn’t feel guilty dropping her and working with someone else who is more appreciative of your continued patronage.

I don’t want to or intend to be a pot stirrer, but I am really incensed on your behalf. No one deserves to be treated less than stellar when they’re purchasing luxury goods, and she’s done this more than once with you. Like I said earlier - I would say it’s unacceptable regardless of the spend, but it’s especially terrible given your spend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results