shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 10 year anniversary ring

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Our 10 year wedding anniversary is August 6, and I picked this beauty up today (a wee bit early)!

This is my 1.46ct C5ish-C7 cognac diamond (8.83 x 5.26 x 4.09mm) set with .60ctw of 60/60 cut E color VS2/SI1 diamonds in 14kt rose gold. Like almost all of my custom-made jewelry, Courtney Pendergrast Poole of Aurum Studios is the artist who made this piece for me. The “frame” was made with CAD and then the filigree was hand-made. I think it turned out great!!! I wanted something special and unique and something that would showcase my new pear diamond.

I have a thing for pears. I don’t even want to like them, but they are my favorite shape. My original engagement ring featured a .68ct pear shaped diamond which later became a part of this project: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/neo-edwardian-elegance-with-a-tanzanite-heart.201011/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/neo-edwardian-elegance-with-a-tanzanite-heart.201011/[/URL]

In 2007, I “upgraded” from my .68ct white pear engagement ring to a 5-stone band with .76 ctw of diamonds. But, then, this past spring, I dropped it on the tile floor of the bathroom at work and cracked the center diamond. I took the 4 surviving stones out to use in this project … and bought a replacement 5 stone band from IDJ.

So, the 4 white diamonds in this new ring are the ones that survived the “meeting with the tile floor” and it was great to be able to give them a new life in this way. They seem to be enjoying their new home next to my pear!

It is spectacularly exciting to have this amazing piece and I'm completely over the moon with it!!! I'm really a colored stone girl at heart so a FCD is just perfect for me.

Here are some pics:

cognac4.jpg

_20984.jpg

cognacpic.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring. Happy anniversary!

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Lovely ring. Looks fabulous on your hand. Congrats on 10 years!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great recycling project! Congrats again on your anniversary!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and unique! Congrats on your anniversary!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful piece!! Congrats on 10 years (that's also my birthday so I know it's a fabulous day!!! :appl: :angel: )

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such pretty and even bezels :appl:. Congrats on your anni gift!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so very beautiful! I love that you used your original diamonds in the new piece also! Congrats on the new bling and the anniversary! :appl:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pieces are so unique and custom. I love the stories behind each piece.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats! it looks great on your finger!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy a anniversary. Your new ring looks beautiful on your hand.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous!! I love how you were able to incorporate the four remaining stones and I adore the setting!! Substantial yet still delicate! Happy Anniversay!

I believe I am in your area and think I have a way to contact you...I'd love to see this beauty (and the rest of your gorgeous collection!) on person!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL! I love that pear shape - very organic - and the colour is so mesmerizing! It must go thru a myriad of shades in the sun!!!

What a wonderful use of your other diamonds (sad to hear about the cracked one!) and the design is so unique - I love it!!! Enjoy and happy 10th anniversary! Congratulations :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 10th anniversary! Wear your beautiful ring :love: in health and happiness.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone, I'll be back shortly to write more, but I just had my husband snap this pic outside so you can get the "real life perspective"

_20995.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
well done!

Great work with the design and recycling of the stones...

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring and diamond!! Congrats on your 10th anniversary!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How cool!
Happy anniversary, your ring is a b e a utiful way to celebrate!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love your FCD!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's a stunning ring. I love it how you used your existing stones for this project.
Congrats and enjoy wearing your ring.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Marcy - thank you, it's so hard to believe it's 10 years already

Makeable - that's really sweet of you, thanks!

m2b - it's like it has almost become a personal challenge to me: what currently living in my jewelry box can I "recycle" into a new piece of jewelry!

MissGotRocks - thanks! I like having something kind of different and unique

pandabee - yay! Happy Birthday! Hope it was a great one. It is a lucky day, isn't it?

DS - thank you - would love to have a gtg someday soon.

baby monster - that's another thing, I used to be all about the prongs, I've kind of shifted to bezels lately

JoCoJenn - I guess recycling doesn't just apply to aluminum cans, plastics, and paper anymore

lambskin - thank you. I really try to have a story behind all of my pieces. I write this stuff down so it won't be forgotten across time

mozo - thank you! I like that it has presence without being "too big"

Calliecake - thank you

lisa 1802 - thank you

yennyfire - yes, I believe we are almost neighbors. DS has my info, let's see if we can have a mini gtg!

Enerchi - I just love a pear. I know they are not everyone's choice, but I just love that shape!

missy - thank you! Hope your leg is improving!

gregchang35 - the design is all Courtney's. I couldn't draw a ring if my life depended on it. lol.

pinkjewel - thank you, fellow FCDer!

Niel - thank you :)

pregcurious - kind of fun to have a diamond and a colored stone all in one

Acinom - thank you. Recycling = upcycling!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Super cool and beautiful. Congrats!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary! I LOVE LOVE your design!. looks super fun yet comfy to wear all at the same time!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely!!!!! And hands to match! :love:

cheers-Sharon

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous anniversary ring!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring, I love how it looks on your finger.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to come back to say happy anniversary today!! *wavey*

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results