shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Neo-Edwardian Elegance with a Tanzanite Heart

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, Everyone,
It is with great excitement that I post my Most Important piece of jewelry today!!! This is beyond my wildest dreams and I am delighted to be the proud owner of this masterpiece!!! I have a million pictures but I'm going to try to keep it real and be responsible with my posting. My friend, Courtney Poole Pendergrast, is an extremely talented jewelry artist / metalsmith and this is what she custom-made for me! I picked it up just yesterday!
The details: 8.56ct Tanzanite from Adam at Paraiba International. I bought it 3 years ago, posted about it, named the stone the "Manhattan Velvet" and kept it safe while I figured out just exactly how to have it set. The stone measures 12 x 12 x 8.80. It is the best example of Tanzanite I've ever personally had the opportunity to see.
Courtney hand-made the necklace in 14kt white gold. The top scroll measures 43.90 x 17.45mm, the bottom scroll measures 40.30 x 19.70mm, and 2 side scrolls measure 36.65 x 13.56mm. These scrolls have filigreed interiors and are high polish. There are 46 bezel set diamonds throughout with a total of 1.79 carats. The diamonds are E-I color and VS2-SI2 in clarity. The pear-shaped diamond dangling from the bottom is a .68 carat E color, I1 diamond (and it was my original engagement ring stone!!!). There are three tiny diamond "beads" that dangle from the adjustable-length chain.
I think this is a fabulous and amazing work of art!
And, now, for the pictures:

01loosestone.jpg

tanzanite_obliqueview.jpg

tanzanitenecklace1.jpg

openingbox1.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Artist's drawing and production pictures

_17134.jpg

_17135.jpg

04desigining1.jpg

07diamondsgold1.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some shots of the layout and the creating of the piece

In the third image, my 13.29ct Kunzite and my 1.46ct cognac diamond make an appearance on the jewelry case. My emerald ring is waving hello to you from my left hand, too. :wavey:

09final_layout1.jpg

11progress21.jpg

13handsstones21.jpg

15solder_station1.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Finished filigree

Choosing the proper chain (since I live out of town, she sent pics to me via txt and email so I could participate in the making process

16filigree_on_bench1.jpg

17chain1.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Here I am, wearing it. The 2nd pic even shows some pink flash. Courtney and I went out to lunch after the delivery of the necklace and she took these pics of me in the restaurant.

wearingit.jpg

pinkflash.jpg

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
This really is a work of art that looks beautiful on. What a statement piece!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. That needs to be worn to the Oscars. Amazing piece. What vision!! :appl: :appl:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! :love: :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy Smokes!!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some details. Check out the claw prongs - I just love claws! Please excuse the yellowish cast to these pics - I took these on my front porch in the bright sunlight and it made the piece look oddly yellow-y. And, here are some shots of the back - I wanted you to see the under-carriage for lack of a better term. She works so cleanly - the back is good enough to be the front! One of the melee diamonds is giving off some fire in the last shot. I forgot to mention that most of the melee came from a ring given to me by my grandmother.

back1.jpg

detailprongs.jpg

details1.jpg

sidedetails.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing piece!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've never seen anything like it in real life! It's such a delicate, intricate statement piece, and the tanzanite is quite the stunner!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous tanzanite! :love: The necklace is a piece of art that looks amazing on your neck. Please do post more pics. :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
STUNNING!! what a gorgeous piece of artwork you have there --- beautiful design and execution! Enjoy and wear in good health and happiness!!

I hope you wear it EVERYWHERE you go, too! Groceries, gas, work, park --- its too amazing not to share it with the world!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Rest assured I will wear it! I have so few (if any) "red carpet" opportunities in life so I will make a point of wearing it and enjoying it. Here I am in jeans, t-shirt, and leather jacket, wearing the tanzanite necklace while walking the dog. :appl:

walking_dog1.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
ROCKIN' the look!! I love it!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous! It is a piece of art. So glad to see your jeans and tee shirt picture! It would be a shame not to wear this :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd be wearing that masterpiece everywhere!! It is absolutely a work of art and you are so lucky to own it! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing the whole process with us. It is a gorgeous statement piece and looks great with jeans and a leather jacket!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful necklace! :love:

redroze

Shiny_Rock
Stunning. Definitely rock it anytime, how special to have your engagement stone there too!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Yowsah!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Does she have a website? I'd love to have her do something for me.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Everyone,
Yep, I'm wearing it to work today! What a way to brighten up a Monday, right?! I have been in meetings, etc. and I find that if I act perfectly normal while wearing an amazing work of art, everyone seems to go along with it just fine. ::) My boss is not a "jewelry person" but she stopped me in the hall and said, "wow, have you ever worn that before?? - that's the most fantastic piece of jewelry I've ever seen in my life." She wanted to see the filigree work close-up, too.
Courtney Poole Pendergrast can be reached at Aurum Studios in Athens, Georgia. http://www.aurumstudios.com Her work is truly outstanding! :appl:

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Close-up of my necklace at work today. Yes, I wore this top to match it. No, I don't usually do that. But, hey, it's brand new and I'm having some fun! :tongue:

cz8a1957-edit.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Another one, slightly clearer picture.

_318.png

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock
This is honestly one of the most BEAUTIFUL necklaces I've ever seen. I adore everything about it! I hope you enjoy it for many, many years! :)

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Just exquisite. So unique. :love:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Tanzigrrl|1398109550|3657288 said:
Hello Everyone,
Yep, I'm wearing it to work today! What a way to brighten up a Monday, right?! I have been in meetings, etc. and I find that if I act perfectly normal while wearing an amazing work of art, everyone seems to go along with it just fine. ::) My boss is not a "jewelry person" but she stopped me in the hall and said, "wow, have you ever worn that before?? - that's the most fantastic piece of jewelry I've ever seen in my life." She wanted to see the filigree work close-up, too.
Courtney Poole Pendergrast can be reached at Aurum Studios in Athens, Georgia. http://www.aurumstudios.com Her work is truly outstanding! :appl:

I just sent her an email, along with a pic of my homeless tanz. I may have finally found the person to set this thing! :appl: :appl: :appl:

17ct-84ptACA.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Andelain - Courtney would definitely be the person to design a permanent place for your homeless tanzanite. About 95% of my custom-designed collection comes directly from her bench. Her work is amazing (obviously)!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Here we are at work again, having a "normal" Tuesday.

tuesday.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results