shape
carat
color
clarity

My fabulous Ethiopian Opal ring!!!!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,
All finished!!! Here is my Ethiopian Opal ring. I picked it up today and I'm over the moon about it! The opal is a 2.90 carat Ethiopian Opal. The 2 diamonds (.32 ctw) are from one of my first ever pairs of diamond stud earrings. My jewelry artist used 14kt rose gold in a satin/matte finish. She also closed the back of the opal bezel which gave the opal a boost in showing off its play of color. The ring was designed in CAD/CAM and she hand-filigreed the sides. My requirements were that it be done in 14kt rose gold and that it be set North-South, I also wanted some of her characteristic filagree work. This is how it turned out and I love it! :appl:

I will add more photos once I've had a proper "photo shoot". These were done with my iphone.

OpalRing1.jpg

OpalRing2.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, cool design! Pretty ring!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this!!! Great ring design, and looks to be very well-crafted - and your opal and diamonds look fabulous!

Would you please please share your jewelry designer? (but really, no pressure - I understand if you'd prefer not to disclose).

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, this is sooo pretty! It's definitely not the type of setting you see every day. I love the rose gold, the diamonds at either end, the filigree, the amazing opal :lickout:

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
GemFever - thank you! I'm really enjoying it!

BabyNurse - it's a winning combo. I've never had a ring - or any piece of jewelry - featuring an opal before, I think I'm among the converted! It's a lot of fun.

MaryMM - sure! Courtney P. at Aurum Studios, Athens, Georgia. I use her, almost completely exclusively, for all of my custom jewelry work. She does amazing, amazing work - and filigree, I think, is her specialty.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I really like the drapery-like filigree, the northsouth side stones and of course the ethiopal.
Enjoy it!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an incredibly artful design, and such a great way to show this beautiful stone!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
So fabulous!!!

the-fox

Rough_Rock
Trade
Very pretty design, congratulations!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW - that is BEAUTIFUL! :love: gorgeous opal - lots of fire in that piece! Very intriguing design work - Courtney is clearly a very talented person :appl:

Enjoy - it looks amazing on your hand. I love unique pieces!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
After the rain, I ran outside to do a photo shoot in the sunlight! The previous photos were under office lights. Here are some that show off the play of color in this fiery opal in natural light! Also, I should note that I got the opal from Multicolour.

OpalOnHand.jpg

OpalCloseUp.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love how the fiery orange shifts as the light hits it. Gorgeous stone! :love:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Look at the colors in that opal! Congrats on a very unique and pretty ring.... I can tell why you like your designer, the goldwork looks to be very well done.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Unique and beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results