by HeartingDiamonds » Oct 25, 2013 Hi SR - Grace here. Yes, I would urge that you please re-read my email to you this morning (10:44am) - in it, I stated that I have made the request to JM for a direct pay-out to you and that the rep told me this was possible, pending submission of some paperwork from me - comps for the setting, invoice from us for the stone, etc. I submitted the docs ASAP as I felt that you were anxious to get a new ring, and that was certainly understandable. As a matter of fact, I did tell you that it would be our preference that JM pay your (new) preferred vendor directly, if they would approve that. You were considering buying from 2 different vendors - again, I told you we were OK with that IF JM would approve. In the emails we exchanged about possible replacement options (we showed you 3), you said you didn't love any of them them. I said I understood and left it at that. Its not our style to do hard sells - not a peep was again mentioned in regards to those so I hope that in my communications, you did not feel that I was forcing you to pick from what you referred to "limited inventory." You showed interest in our Lily setting - I showed you one we had available - you passed, and again, I did not push it. We offered to make you a setting similar to your Tacori- you said no, and again, we left it at that. We honestly thought that offering you 2 much bigger, whiter stones (albeit in a solitaire) were great options but of course, you need to love your new stone as well. Some unkind things have been said in regards to our bench's work (keeping in mind that by the time we received the mounting, it has been worked on badly (your own words) by another jeweler - bad sizing job, and blobby prongs. We tried to repair to the level you wanted and I'm really sad that just when it appeared to be perfect, the ring went missing (it took several tries and for this, I thank you for your patience). You and I, I think, were equally excited when the ring was finally ready to come home. Im also a little saddened by your statement that you feel that I am brushing you under the rug. I have responded to all your emails promptly. It's just unrealistic to expect to have answers from a company like JM in less than 6 hours. Nevertheless, I pushed our rep and got you an answer the following day. And when you emailed this afternoon to say that you would now prefer a like Tacori replacement and diamond (per the legal advise you received), this meant changing course again, so of course, I would need to let our insurer know this. Never, at any point, have I denied you anything. In my emails, I have always said - "let me check, and get back to you." And I have. Am I confused by the statements here? Yes, I am, to be honest.