shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 1.84 cape old mine diamond & antique diamond ring

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, Niel, what fantastic sleuthing and a wonderful match. I loved reading your journey and can't wait to see your pics of the finished ring.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
What a find!!! Beautiful!

Reactions: dvj

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Reading your posts it’s like reading an adventure or detective story with a happy ending at the end.

Thanks for sharing your historical jewels and your suspenseful path to success!

This diamond is wonderful, lemony bright cheery perfection, the tiny table and high crown and faceting are gorgeous and flea bites you mention serve to remind us of a craftsmanship that withstands history. I love the Edwardian setting, that engraving! those single cut melee! A beautiful match. Well done!

Plus one!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
This is so beautiful!

kah42

Shiny_Rock
I'll just echo what everyone else is saying. I love the story, I love the stone, the setting, all of it! I cannot wait to see it done and on your finger!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful,... but I just cannot believe the ACTUAL diamond vs the pic they posted of it, it's seriously crazy!! No wonder it never sold! You were certainly able to take a gut feeling and run because based on the pic... it was a huge risk and i LOVE that you took it!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOD! This is incredible. Yellow makes me so happy! Another perfect Cinderella story! I love seeing all of the bling you piece together.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I was waiting for the setting to come I had toyed around with the idea of a three stone with my studs. A backup in case the setting wouldn’t work. I think it wouldn’t have exactly worked because the yellow diamond is wonkier than my perfect (imho) studs, but it think it’s only a matter of time before I go down that road with another oec lol. Dont be mad I blurred my fingies my nails were atrocious that day and I had no plans of showing them off but I thought you all might like to see.
IMG_3364.jpeg 5FAC3387-A05C-45A8-B882-05A132425D31.jpeg

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
While I was waiting for the setting to come I had toyed around with the idea of a three stone with my studs. A backup in case the setting wouldn’t work. I think it wouldn’t have exactly worked because the yellow diamond is wonkier than my perfect (imho) studs, but it think it’s only a matter of time before I go down that road with another oec lol. Dont be mad I blurred my fingies my nails were atrocious that day and I had no plans of showing them off but I thought you all might like to see.
IMG_3364.jpeg 5FAC3387-A05C-45A8-B882-05A132425D31.jpeg

Nice! So if you go down the three stone road would you look for warm buttery stone?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Your project is going so well. Very pretty

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I don't blame you.
I covet a Hancock's style three stone so bad I can taste it.
1697994495844.png

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Niel is so FREAKIN clever and smart. Amazing story.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I realize I was very PMSy when I said that and it sounded very cranky. It is lovely, just nothing to do with this ring lol! Apologies though I did not mean to be a b

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Mmm, right out of the ether, it was.
Anyway, it's cool. You do you.
Enjoy your ring.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Killer pairing! Looking forward to the glamour shots!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’s here and she’s lovely. It came after dark and I’ve spent the better part of an hour looking for my loupe for photos with no luck. But come hell or high water (me buying another loupe) we’ll get some damn glamour shots

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loupe is here! Of course it’s gloomy but we’re one step closer to glamour shots. One I could accomplish in this dreary evening light is the comparison of the pre and post sizing shank. Dk did a superb job of matching the shank to the original. As a reminder- the brown background is before…the light background is after…sizing.
IMG_2972.jpeg
IMG_3407.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super love the color and the contrast of the center diamond against the white diamonds throughout the setting. It’s amazing that you were able to put that diamond and setting together, they were definitely meant to be.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! A match made in heaven.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super love the color and the contrast of the center diamond against the white diamonds throughout the setting. It’s amazing that you were able to put that diamond and setting together, they were definitely meant to be.

I agree. I had plopped one of my studs in the setting to see if maybe a white diamond would be better suited for the setting and honestly while it made the most logical sense I was very bored. IMG_3499.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results