shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 1.64 OEC + Edwardian Setting is finished!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. that is glorious! LOVE

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi AudiLover, movie zombie, nowicanseethemoon and lorrissey. Thank you for your kind words!

nowicanseethemoon, I am looking forward to seeing your bezel setting for your O/P OEC. I know it will be stunning!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is stunning. I love the OEC and I've never seen a setting like that. It's so unique and beautiful. I love the band you paired it with too.

ManhattanLawyer

Shiny_Rock
That stone and setting are absolutely stunning!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kathley|1381245318|3534163 said:
Hi tyty and thank you for your compliment!

Hi diamondseeker! I have a 30X loupe and a large stamp collector magnifier (not sure what power it is), that I used to inspect my ring. And I have REALLY looked it over too; and in different lighting. And I also had my daughter look at it as I think she is even more of a perfectionist than I am. We could not see any imperfections/issues at all. In a previous thread, I asked a PS'er what she looks for/observes in sub-par pave work; as I wanted to be sure I was evaluating my ring to the fullest. We still saw only excellent workmanship. And what I was REALLY impressed about, was that the interior of this setting was polished and finished off as well. (I had another jeweler set my stone, so I had the opportunity to inspect the setting first). A Tacori ring that I used to have was not finished in the interior of the setting and to me this spoke volumes! So, I can not find anything that I would change about this setting and I am thrilled with it! :))

Excellent!!! I love that the inside was polished! This person may have some customers waiting in line for him!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1381257745|3534290 said:
kathley|1381245318|3534163 said:
Hi tyty and thank you for your compliment!

Hi diamondseeker! I have a 30X loupe and a large stamp collector magnifier (not sure what power it is), that I used to inspect my ring. And I have REALLY looked it over too; and in different lighting. And I also had my daughter look at it as I think she is even more of a perfectionist than I am. We could not see any imperfections/issues at all. In a previous thread, I asked a PS'er what she looks for/observes in sub-par pave work; as I wanted to be sure I was evaluating my ring to the fullest. We still saw only excellent workmanship. And what I was REALLY impressed about, was that the interior of this setting was polished and finished off as well. (I had another jeweler set my stone, so I had the opportunity to inspect the setting first). A Tacori ring that I used to have was not finished in the interior of the setting and to me this spoke volumes! So, I can not find anything that I would change about this setting and I am thrilled with it! :))

Excellent!!! I love that the inside was polished! This person may have some customers waiting in line for him!

And they won't be disappointed! :bigsmile:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, iluvshinythings and ManhattanLawyer! Your comments are so very nice and as I read them all, the worrying that went on when creating this ring to finish is starting to fade. Many thanks everyone! :))

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is just amazing. I absolutely love it. It's stunning :love: :love: :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
1502391nml1gf6xx4.gif

No words.....!!!!

Your diamond and your setting are a match made in heaven!! Both were destined to be together - its kismet, that setting!!! GORGEOUS!!! Just STUNNING!!

(ok, apparently, I *did* find words!! haha!)

WOW - kathley that was well worth the wait and searching out an alternative to 23st and Singlestone!! And... in the event your daughter decides she's not a diamond girl when she grows up... I'm available for adoption!!!! Just sayin'!! ;))

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Scarlett for such a nice compliment! 8)

Hi Enerchi! I had to chuckle about your absolutely cute smiley. How do you add those to a post as I tried and I never am successful?
You ALWAYS have the nicest, most positive comments and I thank you for yours on my diamond and ring! It took me a long time to find my perfect diamond and a journey to finally have my setting made; but I am so much happier with this period setting for my stone. And it really makes me feel confident with my choices when I read comments from not only "experienced" PS'ers like you, but the others as well.

Quite honestly, if it were not for Pricescope and the wealth of knowledge that everyone offers, I never would have my OEC diamond or my setting today! So, MANY thanks to everyone on this wonderful site! (I could use a group hugs emoticon posted right here now, LOL).

And as far as my daughter goes, if you can imagine this, she is an even BIGGER diamond enthusiast than me and she can't wait until she can post here too! I guess that she would then be a PS legacy? :D

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
slider_grouphugg.gif

From us to you and back again!!! Here's a giant PS group hug for ya!!

Rats, looks like I won't be inheriting it after all ... just tell me I was *THIS* close to being adopted, ok??

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous!!! Reminds me a bit of bastetcat's ring, but yours is gorgeous on its own of course!!! So nice and white :)

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1381279681|3534491 said:
slider_grouphugg.gif

From us to you and back again!!! Here's a giant PS group hug for ya!!

Rats, looks like I won't be inheriting it after all ... just tell me I was *THIS* close to being adopted, ok??

Oh Enerchi, I love the group hugs!!! Thank you! :appl: And, after carefully thinking this through, you were "THIS" close to being adopted! :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo!! You are my very FAVOURITE "soon to be my next mom". :D

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1381279886|3534493 said:
It's gorgeous!!! Reminds me a bit of bastetcat's ring, but yours is gorgeous on its own of course!!! So nice and white :)

Thank you, pandabee! I love bastetcat's ring and whenever I see it, I stop and just look at it in awe. So your nice comment is really special! :))

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1381282916|3534519 said:
Woo hoo!! You are my very FAVOURITE "soon to be my next mom". :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh my. I could not possibly be more jealous! Love everything about it!! :appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kelli|1381283925|3534533 said:
Oh my. I could not possibly be more jealous! Love everything about it!! :appl:

Thank you, Kelli! :))

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
It turned out gloriously! I LOVE that settting!!!! :love: :love: :love:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
bastetcat|1381327024|3534726 said:

Hi bastetcat and thank you for your compliment! I love your ring with the VanC band, and I have to tell you, that is the reason why I chose my floral engraved band to go with my ring. Just really love that look! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kathley|1381196375|3533968 said:
Hi Junebug! LOL, I think I could "feel" you waiting for me to post my ring![quote/]

Hehe - yes, you were definitely picking up my vibes! :D I was on the verge of bugging you several times but I'm so proud I was able to restrain myself! :D

Thank you for your nice words about my ring kathley...I feel exactly the same way about yours!!! I keep going back and looking at your pics, it's just so beautiful, and looks perfect on you. We made the right call in going with vintage style settings for our OEC's - this style really does seem to go with our stones so much better, and really highlights those facets.

And I totally understand about holding off on naming the maker of your ring, makes perfect sense - I hope he's up and running soon!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
kathley|1381330898|3534740 said:

Hi bastetcat and thank you for your compliment! I love your ring with the VanC band, and I have to tell you, that is the reason why I chose my floral engraved band to go with my ring. Just really love that look! :love:

I'm blushing! =) :sun: Happy to be of service!!!! Your whole set came together so well!!!! It turned out completely fabulous!!! It's going in my favorites file! :)

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
A-MA-ZING! Love everything. Congrats.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW - that is stunning! I adore settings like this, and your's is just perfection. :appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
bastetcat|1381350384|3534887 said:

I'm blushing! =) :sun: Happy to be of service!!!! Your whole set came together so well!!!! It turned out completely fabulous!!! It's going in my favorites file! :)

This may be a silly question, but how do you favorite an image? I figured out how to save topic as a bookmark, but not how to favorite something... :read:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Many thanks for your compliments Anna and ecf!!! :))

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1381349531|3534876 said:
kathley|1381196375|3533968 said:
Hi Junebug! LOL, I think I could "feel" you waiting for me to post my ring![quote/]

Hehe - yes, you were definitely picking up my vibes! :D I was on the verge of bugging you several times but I'm so proud I was able to restrain myself! :D

Thank you for your nice words about my ring kathley...I feel exactly the same way about yours!!! I keep going back and looking at your pics, it's just so beautiful, and looks perfect on you. We made the right call in going with vintage style settings for our OEC's - this style really does seem to go with our stones so much better, and really highlights those facets.

And I totally understand about holding off on naming the maker of your ring, makes perfect sense - I hope he's up and running soon!

Oh junebug, I admire the gift of self control and I wish I had even a fraction of same! :lol:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
kathley|1381364812|3535033 said:

This may be a silly question, but how do you favorite an image? I figured out how to save topic as a bookmark, but not how to favorite something... :read:

Right click on the image and save it to your computer in your inspiration folder. :) (I am on a Mac and can't remember anymore if it's different on a PC).

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
bastetcat|1381378996|3535158 said:
kathley|1381364812|3535033 said:

Right click on the image and save it to your computer in your inspiration folder. :) (I am on a Mac and can't remember anymore if it's different on a PC).

Thank you! :)

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful! The whole package looks like they were meant to be and never separated! Love it!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results