shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 1.64 OEC + Edwardian Setting is finished!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all. It seemed like it took forever, but my setting is finally here! I chose a platinum hand-made, Edwardian custom setting using grouped split prongs, and excellent cut VS French-set melee. Then I chose an antique wedding band to go with it. It is a platinum, floral-engraved band. I am so excited as to how it all turned out, and here are some pictures.

_10645.jpg

_10646.jpg

_10647.jpg

photo1a.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings! I love the way they look on your hand! Tell us about your OEC. . .

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kathley, I have been waiting not so patiently to see this!! It's GORGEOUS!!! :love: :love: :love: I love everything about it, it is the perfect home for your diamond, which is beautiful!!!! Love the basket, the prongs, and the cathedral, and the band makes for an amazing wedding set. Your stone is truly the star of the show in this setting - Congratulations!!!! It's fabulous! :appl:

Do you mind sharing who made it for you?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! Love them both together and the finger coverage as well!!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely ring! :appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi MissGotRocks. Thank you for your compliments! My OEC is GIA certified; J and VS1. 44% table/ 66% depth. VG polish and G symmetry. Faceted girdle that sparkles too! I absolutely love my OEC and it took a long to find "the one". :))

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Junebug! LOL, I think I could "feel" you waiting for me to post my ring! I wanted to find the band to go with it first and show it together. You always have the nicest, most sincere comments for everyone and it really makes people happy including me---thank you! :)) Since the first vendor (Adam Foster) was too busy to respond to my ideas, I had to start all over with my search. And through ties with a friend, finally found an independant artist that is just starting out (and not quite ready for open business yet...). So I was really nervous and on pins and needles as to how this whole project was going to turn out. But he did an outstanding job and the detail is excellent. When he is ready to open, I will happily have the green light to share :)) .

I also have to say, Junebug, that I frequently look at your new setting as I am just drawn to how gorgeous your OEC looks in that setting. It really showcases your stone beautifully, and the finger coverage takes my breath away! A superb choice you have made!!! :appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Gemfever! :))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and setting!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond and such a gorgeous setting! Love the band, too!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Your OEC is so white - matches perfectly with the halo! Gorgeous! 8-)

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Laila and Woofmama!

Thank you, too UrsTx! I am pretty color sensitive and I rarely see color in this stone and I think it is closer to an I in color.

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! Looks huge!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I am hopelessly infatuated with OECs and yours just blew me away...

Now that I've picked myself up off the floor, I can tell you that your stone is stunning - those chunky facets and those gorgeous pastel flashes! You, my dear, are making a diamond lover out of a colored stone freak. The setting is beautiful, and the combination is perfection; that is one amazing ring! Gah! :love: :cheeky: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is just gorgeous with your beautiful stone! :love: :love: :love: I love that setting design and actually have saved it in a cushion shape for my imaginary cushion I someday hope to have! :lol: But you are kind of tempting me to consider it in a round. I am really liking all these OEC's in halos! :appl:

(Why did you decide to change it from the Ritani?? I do think this suits the stone much better, though!)

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the kind words, braga!

Thank you, minousbijoux! It took me a long time trying to find the perfect OEC that just "sang" to me! I just love OEC's and old cushion cuts...and AVR's...and AVC's....etc.! :lol:

Thank you, diamondseeker! My dream ring has been the SMR3702 from 23rd Street Jewelers, but the price was way out of my range. So, that is what started my journey to find someone who could make my ring from this inspirational ring. For me, I have found that not too many vendors can do this with attention to the detail (and stay within a reasonable price range) as I have gone through 3 vendors until I found the one who finally "got it" and could make this ring with the finer detail that I was looking for.

Your stone still blows me away, diamondseeker! And it is the type of stone that would be the show stopper no matter what setting it is in! :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful heirloom ring and band! Your ring is made with love and eye for detail. The ring and the band look great together.
Can't wait till you can reveal who the jeweller is. He does excellent work!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, simply gorgeous Kathley!!! :love: Chunky facets, stunning colors coming from it, just awesome!!! And I love your setting! :appl: It looks so beautiful on your hand...wear in much health and blingy happiness! And I wouldn't mind if you posted a hundred more pics of this beauty btw. :cheeky:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Acinom! Thank you for your kind words and I promise I will post the new jeweler :)) My daughter is already looking to have this set passed down to her with the promise that she will never sell! :D

Hi missy! Good to hear from you and thank you for your compliments! The crazy thing is that I got so engrossed in taking a ton of pictures last evening, that I forgot about the gooey butter cookies baking in the oven! :shock:

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
That's one beautiful ring and the wedding band suits it perfectly! :appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you kalomeli! I have to tell you that I tried on several styles of wedding bands to try and figure out which one would work for me. It was a tough decision as well, so I am really glad to hear your positive words about it suits my ring perfectly! :))

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my! It couldn't be more perfect!! :love: :love: :appl: Your oec is stunning and the setting showcases it perfectly!! I thought it looked like a Singlestone setting when I first saw it, so I'll be interested to see who the designer is...he does beautiful work!!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi yennyfire! Thank you for your compliments! When I was trying on eternity rings, I went into the store that has Singlestone rings to look at theirs as well. The owner SWORE my ring was a Singlestone and even tried it on, looked at it closely, and showed the other ladies in the store. After I tried on your beautiful setting in the round version, I have been hooked on Singlestone too and have added their rings to my "bucket list"! :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is so beautiful! Good choice!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very much like both the SS ring and the 23rd St ring! It will be happy news if this ring maker can keep prices down awhile. When you look at it magnified, are you happy with every aspect or is there something that you'd have them do differently?

Oh, and thanks for the nice comments on my diamond! I have thought mine and yours looked so similar in cut, and that is why I was so drawn to yours! I am just SO happy to see it in the perfect setting!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi tyty and thank you for your compliment!

Hi diamondseeker! I have a 30X loupe and a large stamp collector magnifier (not sure what power it is), that I used to inspect my ring. And I have REALLY looked it over too; and in different lighting. And I also had my daughter look at it as I think she is even more of a perfectionist than I am. We could not see any imperfections/issues at all. In a previous thread, I asked a PS'er what she looks for/observes in sub-par pave work; as I wanted to be sure I was evaluating my ring to the fullest. We still saw only excellent workmanship. And what I was REALLY impressed about, was that the interior of this setting was polished and finished off as well. (I had another jeweler set my stone, so I had the opportunity to inspect the setting first). A Tacori ring that I used to have was not finished in the interior of the setting and to me this spoke volumes! So, I can not find anything that I would change about this setting and I am thrilled with it! :))

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
a very lovely set! congrats!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Wow. Your new ring is absolutely gorgeous and fits your stunning OEC to a T. Everything about it is perfection.

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock
What a stunner! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results