shape
carat
color
clarity

~1.45 OEC - Got it!

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
After tons of searching, I was able to locate this stone on Ebay and managed to get a pretty good deal for it, if I do say so myself.
2.gif
It has now arrived and dear BF and I are headed to see David Atlas next Tuesday to get it checked out and appraised.

It measures about 7.0mm x 7.1mm but am not sure about the depth since it is still in the setting. The vendor had stated it was a 1.45ct center stone, but it seems to face up smaller around 1.25 which is fine given it''s an antique cut. I really don''t like the setting and the center stone is set way too high for my liking. The stone looks like it is great shape and, to our untrained eyes, it looks pretty good to us. Assuming it checks out with David Atlas, we''ll start the setting shopping process.

Here are some pictures...

OEC05132010A.jpg

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock

OEC05132010B.JPG

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
Another side view.

OEC05132010C.JPG

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
View from the back.

OEC05132010D.JPG

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
Standing up..

OEC05132010E.JPG

legra

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! Hope the stone checks out ok. Can''t wait to see what setting you end up with - please post lots of pics. Congrats!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I hope you get the big thumbs up from Dave.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful OEC!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So exciting, congratulations!! I hope Dave comes back with a glowing report
10.gif
36.gif

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! We''re working on setting options in anticipation of a good report from David. Something simple, elegant - a solitaire.

We''re also trying to think of what to do with the setting - with the baguettes (or French bread as my BF likes to call them) and the 2 little rounds. Suggestions?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Pretty stone! Maybe save the baguettes for an eternity band?

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
good luck with the appraisal - it looks lovely :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Heyjudes! 1.45 is an awesome size..
I would love to see some of your own photos up close of the diamond, if you can..?

Well done on finding a bargain, and I can''t wait to see how the appraisal checks out - I hope it is everything
you are anticipating
5.gif

Any early setting ideas at all?

35.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Nice!!!! Hope the diamond checks out!!! I can''t wait to see what you choose for the final setting!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Nice, can''t wait to see what you do with this.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
lovely!!

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone and their positive comments - DBF and I are very excited that the stone turned out to be even prettier than the pictures the vendor had provided.

AJ - I tried to take pics, but unfortunately I can''t seem to find the cord that connects my camera to the computer.
7.gif

In terms of settings - we both like simple, elegant settings - nothing too out there. In fact, a nice solitaire would work well for us. Here are a few settings we found that we both liked from the Singlestone website..

DG3102.jpg

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
Another one..

VK113.jpg

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
Another..

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
Sorry about the blank one..

VR093.jpg

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
We prefer a solid band with no side stones, although we have 4 little oecs to work with from the original setting.

Thoughts?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
hi again! The solitaires you posted are of course all elegant and beautiful-and I am with you, cant go past a great solitaire for an ering. If the small stones from the band check out as nice quality, I think it would be lovely to do something like the last setting, with the lil diamonds placed around the head (and plain shank). Most vintage 6 prongs I see appear like a crown from the side view - I think that would be nice to have that solitaire look you desire but some extra sparkle/interest in the crown
1.gif
Personally, I love an interesting profile view on my rings
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
hi again! The solitaires you posted are of course all elegant and beautiful-and I am with you, cant go past a great solitaire for an ering. If the small stones from the band check out as nice quality, I think it would be lovely to do something like the last setting, with the lil diamonds placed around the head. Most vintage 6 prongs I see appear like a crown from the side view - I think that would be nice to have that solitaire look you desire but some extra sparkle/interest in the crown
1.gif
Personally, I love an interesting profile view on my rings
5.gif

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
congrats on finding your stone - fingers crossed that it check out ok

how abut a triple prong setting??

I know you want to keep it clean and simple - but this one has little french breads and small rounds??

9.gif

frenchbreads.jpg

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the suggestions Helio and AJ. As for the baguettes - my BF is really not a fan of them, he mockingly calls them "French bread", so at best we will be able to use the little OECs for the sides.

Don''t take this the wrong way Helio - but I''m not sure how I feel about the triple prongs. Right now, the 6 and 8 prongs are more appealing to me.

If Singlestone doesn''t have an exact setting - which vendors could be trusted with making a custom setting? I''m in New York :).

lweber

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the stone find. I love a bargain!

A single stone e-ring will be lovely. Since your preferences are simpler and more understated, I would do the single stone setting (I really liked pic #1) and then use the other stones to make a nice, dainty pendant instead with the "bread" and round stones.

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
Hey there - none taken - just bouncing around some ideas for you
1.gif

I like the 8 prong setting you posted from Singlestone best as I love the vintage look it creates without being overtly fussy

here''s one I found that was posted here a while ago by angel777 (it was in yg so I desaturated the pic for you)

8prongsangel.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results