shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 1.27ct Lucere branded cut!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to take some photos of it and some stacking options and compared to my other diamonds outside but the weather isn’t cooperating. Harrumph. One of these days I’m just gonna have and get a light box or some other fancy set up just for glamour shots

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eh it’s stormy but decided to play with the shinies anyways.
It’s definitely big enough that I can appreciate the cool cutting. And fun to stack with my vintage pieces, I like the contrast of vintage and modern
IMG_4534.jpeg IMG_4536.jpeg IMG_4548.jpeg IMG_4563.jpeg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is a very nice size on your hand!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a very nice size on your hand!

Yes I'm pleasantly surprised since I often wear larger colored stone rings or moissy. But I love the size and the sparkle!
I had also been worried about the I color since I'm pretty color sensitive. Turns out I definitely notice it, but it doesn't really bug me, I think it looks nice with the yellow gold.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I'm pleasantly surprised since I often wear larger colored stone rings or moissy. But I love the size and the sparkle!
I had also been worried about the I color since I'm pretty color sensitive. Turns out I definitely notice it, but it doesn't really bug me, I think it looks nice with the yellow gold.

Yeah I can see the tint too but its pretty. It seems in keeping with your other diamonds. I am only bothered personally by clashing tint.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I can see the tint too but its pretty. It seems in keeping with your other diamonds. I am only bothered personally by clashing tint.

What’s clashing tint?
Yeah it’s also much more obvious in photos. In person it’s mostly just sparkly

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my heavens.......I could not love this stone and ring more! It's gorgeous and solid and wearable all at once, and looks so, so good on you!

Really, your whole collection is absolutely drool-worthy.....

Gosh dang it.....now you've given me a new favorite look to obsessively pursue..... :P2

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
What’s clashing tint?
Yeah it’s also much more obvious in photos. In person it’s mostly just sparkly

Not a technical term or anything I just don’t like when I can see a dramatic difference in tint between stones I’m wearing. Especially in the same piece.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a technical term or anything I just don’t like when I can see a dramatic difference in tint between stones I’m wearing. Especially in the same piece.

Oh gotcha! That makes sense. I think it’s why I’m not leaning towards pairing this with any of the higher color diamond bands I own.

Hmm. I like it with the antique bands but may keep and eye out for something that brings out the geometry of it better.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my heavens.......I could not love this stone and ring more! It's gorgeous and solid and wearable all at once, and looks so, so good on you!

Really, your whole collection is absolutely drool-worthy.....

Gosh dang it.....now you've given me a new favorite look to obsessively pursue..... :P2

Solid is such a great word! Yes! For a long time (and still) I was so smitten by the delicate romantic looking things. I love filigree and engraving and swoops elements with delicate pave. Buuuut my lifestyle is hands on and I’m klutzy! I’ve scratched and nicked so many rings!

As I’ve gotten older I’ve gravitated more towards daily wear pieces I can actually wear daily. So my lovely intricate pieces stay hoarded and admired but my workhorse pieces tend to be simple and minimal like my bangle and my solitaire style rings that have harder gems like diamonds and sapphires.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I either need to lose weight so these bands can stack again or rebuy the segmented Jeff cooper one in a bigger size.

I’m officially now motivated to go on a diet! My clothes getting too tight is one thing, my rings though? Oof. This may be the wake up call I need to actually get into better health habits.

@lovedogs @Dreamer_D or other folks who often peruse jewelry listings, is there a name or search terms I should use to try to find this kind of segmented/geometric band?

IMG_4611.jpeg

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade, this is such a beautiful ring, the diamond is so bright and lively! I really love the setting too, and JA did a great job on the prongs. I can't get over the great hand presence this ring has, it looks really great on you!

eta - and Congrats on JOTW!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade, this is such a beautiful ring, the diamond is so bright and lively! I really love the setting too, and JA did a great job on the prongs. I can't get over the great hand presence this ring has, it looks really great on you!

eta - and Congrats on JOTW!!

Haha thanks! Definitely a surprise since the size is pretty modest in these parts.

I’m wondering if I can find a band in this style in yellow gold. It seems I did most of my band buying in my white gold phase haha. Though the mix metal look is also cool. I’ll see what I can spot next time I’m in jewelers row.

IMG_4629.jpeg
IMG_4620.jpeg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t know the name for that kind of band but I’ve seen a few in my perusing! What size do you need?

(And I always say adapt the clothing/adornment to your body not the other way around :) )

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know the name for that kind of band but I’ve seen a few in my perusing! What size do you need?

(And I always say adapt the clothing/adornment to your body not the other way around :) )
Anything from size 5-6
Haha typically I agree but many of my rings are not resizeable but I love wearing them!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4495.gif

Congrats on JOTW!

I love your new diamond ring. The faceting is so cool, and it looks gorgeous on you! I can’t believe you got that from JA (talk about a win). :kiss2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4495.gif

Congrats on JOTW!

I love your new diamond ring. The faceting is so cool, and it looks gorgeous on you! I can’t believe you got that from JA (talk about a win). :kiss2:

JA has some hidden treasures. I got my 3+ ct fancy gray from them too!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw thanks! I am so surprised and flattered! My little solitaire ring is fairly humble compared to so many of the show stopper pieces here.

Congrats on JOTW!!!!

Star gazer

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on JOTW for such a beautiful ring! And your pics above of your pieces are AMAZING :kiss2:

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Solid is such a great word! Yes! For a long time (and still) I was so smitten by the delicate romantic looking things. I love filigree and engraving and swoops elements with delicate pave. Buuuut my lifestyle is hands on and I’m klutzy! I’ve scratched and nicked so many rings!

As I’ve gotten older I’ve gravitated more towards daily wear pieces I can actually wear daily. So my lovely intricate pieces stay hoarded and admired but my workhorse pieces tend to be simple and minimal like my bangle and my solitaire style rings that have harder gems like diamonds and sapphires.

I totally get it - I'm experiencing exactly the same evolution! Especially as my lifestyle is becoming even more casual and hands-on as I age.

I really see now why older women go for larger stones and chunkier, more solid statement pieces - it isn't just about having more resources for larger stones and more precious metal. It's years of learned experience as to what really holds up to life PLUS the fact that, as our skin gets drier, more wrinkled, puffier, and more vein-y, and saggy, and covered with more age spots and uneven coloration, those impossibly feminine, dainty, delicate pieces that were so marvelous against the backdrop of a smooth youthful canvas just do not work any more. Pieces need to have size and substance to be seen and serve their "adornment" purpose amidst all the "visual clutter" that the aging body creates. Now, judging by your hands, you have a ways to go before dealing with that last part, but I'm definitely there, and just cannot get away with the stuff I've gravitated to and worn all my life prior!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on JOTW!!!!

+ a billion. And I don't see a tint--thank goodness for aging eyes! And I'm still looking for a Lucida band for you....

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results