shape
carat
color
clarity

$1,000 - $150,000 Sapphire engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 4:00:10 PM
Author: ER_Doc_Mike

Date: 11/15/2007 11:16:09 AM
Author: part gypsy

Re: earrings and necklace - that''s pricescope thinking for you!
I now have a trip to NYC planned for Monday. I''m going to meet again with Leon to discuss some ideas for matching earrings and necklace. And I''ll try to be a little more prompt with my trip report!

Any ideas as to necklace or earring designs would be much appreciated. I know you pricescopers were really helpful with the ring, so any input on the accessories would be great!

Thanks!
Can''t wait to hear about the necklace and earrings!!!
3.gif
3.gif

ER_Doc_Mike

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/19/2007 4:34:57 PM
Author: Skippy123

3.gif
3.gif
So I flew all the way out to NYC on Monday, looked around a few jewelry stores, and met with Leon again. The good news is that he says he has no objection to my posting pictures of the finished ring on this website.

The bad news is that we couldn''t come to a decision on the design of the necklace and earrings. We sketched out our best ideas, and I plan to show them to my girlfriend once I propose. Then we''ll go to Leon together and both have input on the pendant and earrings.

Will post more once I''ve proposed (sometime next year, most likely)!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 10:47:33 AM

3.gif
3.gif
So I flew all the way out to NYC on Monday, looked around a few jewelry stores, and met with Leon again. The good news is that he says he has no objection to my posting pictures of the finished ring on this website.

The bad news is that we couldn''t come to a decision on the design of the necklace and earrings. We sketched out our best ideas, and I plan to show them to my girlfriend once I propose. Then we''ll go to Leon together and both have input on the pendant and earrings.

Will post more once I''ve proposed (sometime next year, most likely)!
Can''t wait to see the ring. Don''t forget to come back w/pics please and best wishes
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ooh I remember reading your thread. I''m glad you''re finally back with pictures for us; can''t wait to see
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 6:11:14 PM

Date: 11/21/2007 10:47:33 AM

Can't wait to hear about the necklace and earrings!!!
3.gif
3.gif

The bad news is that we couldn't come to a decision on the design of the necklace and earrings. We sketched out our best ideas, and I plan to show them to my girlfriend once I propose. Then we'll go to Leon together and both have input on the pendant and earrings.

Will post more once I've proposed (sometime next year, most likely)!
Can't wait to see the ring. Don't forget to come back w/pics please and best wishes
36.gif
Oh yay, so it looks like you might have pics for us coming up. . .
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I have thought about this thread from time to time and hoping you would come back with pics!
3.gif
I can't wait to see pics
36.gif

ER_Doc_Mike

Rough_Rock
Here it is!

It was made by Leon in time for our vacation to St John, VI (Wikipedia link).

She said yes! Thank you all SO SO much for all your input. She is immensely happy with the ring and loves to show it off.

I am so grateful to the pricescope community for helping me along this process. I knew nothing about sapphires ( except they were blue
1.gif
), and certainly didn't have a clue about how to go about finding a reputable ringmaker.

The opportunity to express my tastes and love for Jessica in a ring of my own design, was priceless. Thank you.

I showed her this thread and she was so touched by it - thank you yet again.

(I actually got her the ring from 23rd Street jewelers too.)

ring-by-leon-3.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Do you have more pictures? What a romantic proposal
36.gif
Many congrats to you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! What a gorgeous sapphire!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
emlove.gif
CONGRATULATIONS
emlove.gif

The ring turned out beautifully. LOVE the colour.

LS

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, that is an absolutely gorgeous ring!! The color of the sapphire is beautiful and the setting is so pretty! We really need to see many more pics as well as pics of the 23rd St. Jeweler''s ring.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
SIGH. It''s absolutely gorgeous!!! More pics please when you have time. Best wishes to you both!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That it stunning!!!!

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
Hope you all don''t mind.. I made it smaller so we could see this beauty easier..

ring-by-leon-3smallview.JPG

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh. My. Goodness.

That is a beautiful ring. PLEASE take more photos. The profile is amazing, but I''ve got to see all sides of that stunning ring. Plus we could always use more shots of the colour.
30.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
OMG that is beautiful any chance of more pictures
31.gif

ER_Doc_Mike

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 12:31:39 AM
Author: Deelight
OMG that is beautiful any chance of more pictures
31.gif

Unfortunately, the ring was damaged on a flight as she was trying to sleep. One of the 4 hooks which holds the sapphire in place was bent back. Leon is repairing it as we speak.

When it comes back, I will surely post more pics. Thank you all for your kind words of congratulations - you were an integral part of this ring, and both Jessica and I appreciate your guidance very much.

We also plan to use Leon to make our wedding bands for us.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
That is a stunning ring...at any price. The workmanship, stone and your design, of course--all beautiful!! congrats on your engagement.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
That is an amazing ring... I love it!!!!
36.gif

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!

The ring is breathtaking. It sounds like you are both very happy!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Doc, you done good! But now you owe us more better hand shots please...lovely setting too! Well done dude.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow!!
30.gif
That is gorgeous! We definitely need more photos of that beauty! Congratulations!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s AMAZING!!! I''d love to see more pics of that stunner!! Congratulations!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MOre pics! More pics!!! It looks gorgeous from what I can see!!!
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh good heavens, it was worth the wait!
30.gif
It''s just gorgeous, and big.
bat%20eyes3.gif

I cannot wait to see more pics. Congratulations, you did a fab job!
36.gif

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ring. Congrats!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!! Thanks for showing us the photos and congratulations to you both!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That ring is beyond stunning - just - wow! I can''t wait until it comes back from Leon (I''m so sorry a prong bent already) - I''d like to be the first to request top down pics!

Congratulations! I''m sure she''s on cloud 9!

ER_Doc_Mike

Rough_Rock
Many more pics when the ring is returned, I promise. Will also contact 23rd Street jewelers to see if they mind pics of that ring being made available online; if they don''t have any objections, I''ll post pics of that one too.

Thank you again.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for coming back to post the gorgeous end-result of your exhaustive search! Congrats to both you and Jessica! Sorry to hear about the prong, but I''m looking forward to more pics when it returns!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results