shape
carat
color
clarity

$1,000 - $150,000 Sapphire engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 8:47:17 PM
Author: ER_Doc_Mike
Date: 11/2/2007 8:22:50 PM
Author: elmo
Take a look on the Pala website how close they were to everything.
I will certainly ask to see other gems. I have to pick some out in advance and give him a bit of notice, since I'm planning on visiting on a Saturday, and he is only normally open Monday thru Friday.
They were right in the middle of the fires: link.

Also ask them about what they recommend. A lady I talked with on the retail side wasn't as familiar with the loose stones but I expect the principals know each stone fairly intimately. It's also been my experience working through Gary that their verbal descriptions are pretty reliable (not always the case in this business
1.gif
). Something else to keep in mind is I think they tend to use a lot of light taking their pictures and the stones can be a little darker in person.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am living vicariously through you--so please tell me you are, at least, planning to speak to RW Wise!!
17.gif

cheers--Sharon

ER_Doc_Mike

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/3/2007 11:26:08 AM
Author: canuk-gal

I am living vicariously through you--so please tell me you are, at least, planning to speak to RW Wise!!
17.gif

I did speak to Richard. Since he''s some way from NYC, we decided that if I still hadn''t found anything after my travels, then I''d schedule a meeting with him.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dr., there is (or was -- there''s apparently been a lot of interest) a beautiful Kashmir at Kaufman de Suisse here in New York. Good luck on your hunt!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2007 1:06:43 PM

Date: 11/3/2007 11:26:08 AM
Author: canuk-gal

17.gif

I did speak to Richard. Since he''s some way from NYC, we decided that if I still hadn''t found anything after my travels, then I''d schedule a meeting with him.
i bought my 8.18 spess from him and i''ve never met the man! he sent the stone to me with my credit card number as ransom.....and i never looked back once i saw that stone! trust me: he''s worth the effort! you will pay a premium for his stones but you''re buy his eye.

movie zombie

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I think if you want to get the best looking stone, a round cut is not what they generally would do to a sapphire. Usually the cut is determined by the hue and saturation of the rough, so a round stone may LOOK good, but usually they are cut from darker rough to lighten the stone. That is why most Kashmiri are cut in cushion or emerald shapes.

If money where no object I would get a Kashmiri 6ct or so cushion cut sapphire, set in a high-end platinum setting. If you had the money to get an investment grade ring from a signed house, since in my opinion the price tag can carry a quality stone and a quality setting that can become heirloom quality. Again, there is a level of investment grade when you purchase a VCA Kashmir stone that is not there when you go elsewhere and get a Ceylon or other. If you can afford the best, why not get something generations can appreciate as the best, right?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 4:35:27 PM

So those of you who have been following this thread know that I am scheduled to meet with Richard at Cherry Picked, Stephen at NSC and Leon at www.artofplatinum.com, all in NYC, next Thursday.

I''ve grown more and more attached to the ring with the flower patterns at 23rd Street Jewelers, and have now scheduled an appointment to see that setting in California next Saturday.

Because the setting is for a cushion cut, I am now looking at cushion Kashmirs. In particular, I will also visit Palagems in California next Saturday to look at the 3.30 carat Kashmir which is referred to above (picture in the above post).

I am really looking forward to jetsetting round the country looking at blue rocks!

Thanks again for all your input. As you can see, I''m wholeheartedly taking your advice to heart, so I''d be grateful for any more comments anyone could add.

I am excited to hear about your trip! Happy Shopping and playing with beautiful sapphires
9.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee, Skippy: great minds think alike! I too was thinking: Today''s Mike''s "dream shopping trip". Don''t you wish you could tag along???

Mike: Have a great time, and PLEASE tell us all about your adventures when you get back!

widget

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 4:35:27 PM
Date: 11/2/2007 11:39:00 AM

I've grown more and more attached to the ring with the flower patterns at 23rd Street Jewelers, and have now scheduled an appointment to see that setting in California next Saturday.

That ring is stunning but there are a few things that you should at least consider before setting your heart on it (or on any setting really):

1. Will a wedding ring fit next to it?
1a. If the wedding ring can't fit next to the engagement ring, how will she feel about wearing them on two different hands/fingers?
2. Will the setting stand up to 24/7 wear?
2a. If it won't stand up to 24/7 wear, will she mind taking it off if she's doing something more strenuous than reading a book (or whatever)?

Good luck on your shopping trip!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t wait to hear what you decide and all about the journey!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Geez, do I wish I could tag along!! Meeting all of these wonderful people in one day!!

Linda
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 11:34:34 AM
Author: widget
Hee hee, Skippy: great minds think alike! I too was thinking: Today''s Mike''s ''dream shopping trip''. Don''t you wish you could tag along???

Mike: Have a great time, and PLEASE tell us all about your adventures when you get back!

widget
They do. hehee I have counting down the days till today (I know I am a dork but super excited for Mike). hehee I totally wish we all could tag along.
9.gif
11.gif
2.gif
3.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Skippy ME Too!! I would be with ALL the Padparadscha sapphires at the natural sapphire company, sitting on the floor, just drowning myself in them, ha ha ha ha ha
30.gif

Linda

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yup lurking too waiting till ER - Mike checks in with an update!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
count me in on the waiting!
36.gif
3.gif

i don''t get over to this section enough! is this where i''ll find the long lost mz, widget and libster in the future!?
35.gif
hey guys! i miss seeing you around!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 8:41:17 PM
Author: belle
count me in on the waiting!
36.gif
3.gif

i don''t get over to this section enough! is this where i''ll find the long lost mz, widget and libster in the future!?
35.gif
hey guys! i miss seeing you around!
Oh you''re missing out Miss belle, this is where it''s at!!! Love to see my mentor Widget, and dear Libster!!
36.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi, belle! i''m among the many waiting for a report re the gem hunt today.....i''m still hoping ER doc takes the time to visit with richard wise. i''ve heard reports about this vault he''s got......

where is that doc anyway?!

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2007 1:14:43 AM
Author: movie zombie
hi, belle! i''m among the many waiting for a report re the gem hunt today.....i''m still hoping ER doc takes the time to visit with richard wise. i''ve heard reports about this vault he''s got......

movie zombie
HI:

I spoke to him last week and I must say I am mightly tempted toward that...............but I would recommend one of his nice Pad''s for XRay Doc although he wants blue...(not too late to change his mine!!)
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 1:14:43 AM
Author: movie zombie

movie zombie
35.gif
good to see you mz!

i hope the doc shows up sooooooooooon
3.gif

sharon....the pad....ohmygarsh....i can''t even imagine.
3.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Belle & Kaleigh
35.gif

Hope you guys are doing well. I''ve not had much freetime to come and hang out on PS. Work keeps me incredibly busy, but I still manage to pop in from time to time and check out all the pretty baubles!

Can''t wait to hear how the Doctor made out.
Makes me want to sing......"Doctor...Doctor...give us the news"
9.gif

P.S. Wanted to say "hi" to Widget...too

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What''s up Doc??????
2.gif
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy~that ring is beyond stunning
6.gif
I couldn't find it on their site. Can you help me locate it? Another vote for a cushion cut sapphire. Much more appealing than a round, IMHO.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
maybe ER Doc fainted when he saw how little a stone his $150K was going to buy and had to be taken to an ER himself as a patient.....i hope that is his excuse for not getting back to us re his trip!

movie zombie

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea, shame on him for letting us hang!!!
32.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am still looking forward to ER Mike returning and giving us the blow by blow.
3.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2007 1:11:48 PM
Author: Gypsy
http://www.23rdstreetjewelers.com/ads/ad-Sep07-LAm.jpg It''s in the September 2007 Ad only now, not on their site. Wonder if was purchased... and by WHOM!!!!

ETA: Nevermind, I was looking under rings... it''s not there, it''s under signature collection, http://www.23rdstreetjewelers.com/signature/s-003.htm
Thanks, Gypsy. I big puffy heart that ring...seriously can''t stop thinking about it. Anyone have any guesses on the price of that baby
30.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2007 8:27:55 PM
Author: risingsun

http://www.23rdstreetjewelers.com/ads/ad-Sep07-LAm.jpg It''s in the September 2007 Ad only now, not on their site. Wonder if was purchased... and by WHOM!!!!

ETA: Nevermind, I was looking under rings... it''s not there, it''s under signature collection, http://www.23rdstreetjewelers.com/signature/s-003.htm
Thanks, Gypsy. I big puffy heart that ring...seriously can''t stop thinking about it. Anyone have any guesses on the price of that baby
30.gif
I think they told me 27k. It''s a pretty big sapphire - at least 10cts.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, LadyA. I wonder if they could make that ring with a smaller center stone. I can't quite stretch my budget that far
17.gif
I'm just dreaming, right now, but that is a fabulous ring
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2007 9:03:13 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69

Date: 11/13/2007 8:27:55 PM
Author: risingsun

30.gif
I think they told me 27k. It''s a pretty big sapphire - at least 10cts.
I hope you get it, or a smaller version of it Rising Sun. It''s lovely and deserves a good PS home!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results