shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I feel so lame asking this... but can someone link me to a Tianyu 7mm RBC H&A cut stone for sale? The last time I meant to order from Tianyu I ended up somewhere else completely and I don’t want to mess up again.
I always spoke directly with Ella at [email protected]. I don’t think they are back until the 15th though. You can also contact them at the WhatsApp or wechat numbers through Alibaba.com

34bcd6d20e10936f04512a56b51ee71e.png
Tianyu Gems Company
Tel/wechat/whatsapp : 86-18807742567 ; Fax :0086-774-3887979Facebook: [email protected]

F-qq:208173953Website: https://tygems.en.alibaba.com

Address : D-15 Gems Mansion , XiHuan Road ,WuZhou ,GuangXi , China

docscully

Rough_Rock
I'm rather new here but have been following this thread, the starsgem thread, and the moissanite from ebay thread on weddingbee for a few months. I'm about to pull the trigger on a wedding ring upgrade for myself and have been chatting with Ella a bit. In my case, I've found a ring that's similar in style to what I'm looking for and have sent a collage with the specifications I want. (I'll upload it here as well.) How do I go about actually creating the order? I've asked about a CAD and she hasn't responded, but she said she understood my specifications. How do I respectfully ask about seeing stones and such? I don't want to scare her off, especially given the price-- this will be less expensive than my original wedding ring cost but more "me." Also: apologies in advance if I pulled somone's pictures when I used them for examples and offend someone.

tianyu ring.jpg

Attachments

• tianyu ring.jpg
    tianyu ring.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I'm rather new here but have been following this thread, the starsgem thread, and the moissanite from ebay thread on weddingbee for a few months. I'm about to pull the trigger on a wedding ring upgrade for myself and have been chatting with Ella a bit. In my case, I've found a ring that's similar in style to what I'm looking for and have sent a collage with the specifications I want. (I'll upload it here as well.) How do I go about actually creating the order? I've asked about a CAD and she hasn't responded, but she said she understood my specifications. How do I respectfully ask about seeing stones and such? I don't want to scare her off, especially given the price-- this will be less expensive than my original wedding ring cost but more "me." Also: apologies in advance if I pulled somone's pictures when I used them for examples and offend someone.

tianyu ring.jpg
She may have answered her email’s but they are not back in the office until the 15th for Chinese New Year. I assume there will be a backlog to catch up since most of the companies took 2-3 weeks off. I think your pic collage is fine. Sometimes it is easier though to just show pictures of the two views of the ring that you want and then to say with ‘claw prongs’ so there is not confusion about your design. Your paragraph also mentions 1.8 mm thickness but your drawing says 1.7 mm so I would make that match as well.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Based on the last several response I am gathering that you all would not buy a pear from Tianyu?

From what I read on this thread, it seems like the main “safe” shapes are rounds and some transitional cuts, which tend to be ordered in warmer colors. I think princess cuts are safe, too? I think people are less keen on buying the other cuts because they definitely don’t create the same look that diamonds do/they’re more obviously moissanite, they’re not cut as well (need more practice), or they tend to be warm/too yellow. Someone correct me if I’m wrong as I’m new here, but that’s the impression I got when reading these threads.

If you want a pear, I would email Tianyu and ask if they have some at hand so you can see what they look like before you order. That’s what I’m planning to do with the marquise cut. :cool2:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always spoke directly with Ella at [email protected]. I don’t think they are back until the 15th though. You can also contact them at the WhatsApp or wechat numbers through Alibaba.com

34bcd6d20e10936f04512a56b51ee71e.png
Tianyu Gems Company
Tel/wechat/whatsapp : 86-18807742567 ; Fax :0086-774-3887979Facebook: [email protected]

F-qq:208173953Website: https://tygems.en.alibaba.com

Address : D-15 Gems Mansion , XiHuan Road ,WuZhou ,GuangXi , China

Thank you!!!

@sd_flp I would love to see a tianyu Marquise...

docscully

Rough_Rock
She may have answered her email’s but they are not back in the office until the 15th for Chinese New Year. I assume there will be a backlog to catch up since most of the companies took 2-3 weeks off. I think your pic collage is fine. Sometimes it is easier though to just show pictures of the two views of the ring that you want and then to say with ‘claw prongs’ so there is not confusion about your design. Your paragraph also mentions 1.8 mm thickness but your drawing says 1.7 mm so I would make that match as well.

Yep, I caught that right after I posted it. I've edited the picture here and will send the updated one to Ella. I did send her text of the specs I wanted as well, since the original picture had the 1.8 thickness showing in such a way it could have been the height of the band at the end of the shank. My current wedding ring is so thin right now I can't wear it (less than a mm thick at the bottom of the shank), and to rebuild/size down would probably not be much less than buying from Tianyu at this point. Plus the hubby upgraded his ring for our anniversary in July and said I could get one too. :D

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!!!

@sd_flp I would love to see a tianyu Marquise...
I'll share pictures when I receive. :) I hope Tianyu makes a decent one because I honestly wouldn't mind having it as an option for my future ering stone...then again, I'm hoping by the time I do get engaged lab diamonds will be cheaper and or the fancy cut moissys are much better! :D

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
From what I read on this thread, it seems like the main “safe” shapes are rounds and some transitional cuts, which tend to be ordered in warmer colors. I think princess cuts are safe, too? I think people are less keen on buying the other cuts because they definitely don’t create the same look that diamonds do/they’re more obviously moissanite, they’re not cut as well (need more practice), or they tend to be warm/too yellow. Someone correct me if I’m wrong as I’m new here, but that’s the impression I got when reading these threads.

If you want a pear, I would email Tianyu and ask if they have some at hand so you can see what they look like before you order. That’s what I’m planning to do with the marquise cut. :cool2:
I can speak for the princess cut..I bought a few princess cut pieces from C&C and although they were colorless and very sparkly..the cut was way different than a princess cut you would see in a diamond. The one I received from Tianyu is colorless but it’s cut is just like a diamond. I’m very happy with my pendant and ordered earrings to match. I know princess cut is not a favorite on PS but I love them!

Last edited:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I saw on Tianyu that their wholesale price for DEF H&A Moissanites are currently $92 for 6.5mm, which is their sale price. After a couple days it will go up to $115! :(

I am debating on getting another one to take advantage of the price, but I'm not sure since Starsgem has a DEF H&A that is cheaper or I could save a little bit more and buy a August Vintage Ideal Round...

cressyrose

Rough_Rock
I'm a long time reader of this thread--finally signed up to PS to post! I decided just today that I'll make the splurge (though a conservative one) and try out Tianyu. I contacted Ella via wechat, who was very responsive, and received two quotes for a bezel set ring in 14k yellow gold (size 3.5):

1. 6x4mm G emerald centre: $385
2. 5x5mm G OMC (which she seems to call "cushion OEC"?) centre: $405

I basically can't make up my mind as to which one I want. Ella kindly agreed to provide rough CADs on monday for both centres so I can choose.

My question is twofold- which seems like the better choice, and are these quotes reasonable for Tianyu standards? Ella told me that the setting itself is $340--and, having read here that they charge by gold weight, sounds like a lot for my tiny 3.5 fingers... though maybe the fact that it's a bezel has something to do with it!

I know these are super cheap compared to non-Chinese providers, but I'm nervous because it's my first Tianyu buy. :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting price seems reasonable for something custom. I recently got a stuller stock setting that was a bit cheaper but not a bezel so likely less hold weight for my size 4.5 finger.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a long time reader of this thread--finally signed up to PS to post! I decided just today that I'll make the splurge (though a conservative one) and try out Tianyu. I contacted Ella via wechat, who was very responsive, and received two quotes for a bezel set ring in 14k yellow gold (size 3.5):

1. 6x4mm G emerald centre: $385
2. 5x5mm G OMC (which she seems to call "cushion OEC"?) centre: $405

I basically can't make up my mind as to which one I want. Ella kindly agreed to provide rough CADs on monday for both centres so I can choose.

My question is twofold- which seems like the better choice, and are these quotes reasonable for Tianyu standards? Ella told me that the setting itself is $340--and, having read here that they charge by gold weight, sounds like a lot for my tiny 3.5 fingers... though maybe the fact that it's a bezel has something to do with it!

I know these are super cheap compared to non-Chinese providers, but I'm nervous because it's my first Tianyu buy. :appl:
Price sounds about right to me too. Part of the quote might actually be the $40 shipping plus additional customs fees/duty in the price too. It is usually marked as CZ though, to keep the taxable value down.

I have both of the stones you mentioned. They are both very different looks so it is hard to say which one is better since it is about personal taste. The emerald will look much more modern and I love it when it is in an East/West bezel setting. I don’t think an OMC looks as good in a bezel. It is better in a solitaire, 3 stone or antique setting, IMO.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am so excited to find this thread! I cannot wait to order Kate's ring! Thank you!

Last edited:

mousemouse

Rough_Rock
image.jpg
I got my updated cad and I think I'm ready to pull the trigger! I just have one question, is there any extra upkeep for the white gold basket? I don't know much about jewelry. If it's extra maintenance I think I might go with an all yellow gold setting... Not sure yet! Thoughts?

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
image.jpg
I got my updated cad and I think I'm ready to pull the trigger! I just have one question, is there any extra upkeep for the white gold basket? I don't know much about jewelry. If it's extra maintenance I think I might go with an all yellow gold setting... Not sure yet! Thoughts?
Rhodium plating if you like bright white metal versus a more vanilla tone of unplated white gold.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know what the end in parenthesis means from Tianya:
1.3 prong martini Moissanite stud earrings, Metal: Platinum, Platinum weight: estimate 3.8grams,(metal lost included)

I just sent a request and heard back within hours! I am so excited to start this project. I recently lost a diamond tennis bracelet (that wasn't insured) and was devastated.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
image.jpg
That is a very small area that is rhodium dipped so I don’t think there will be a lot of maintenance with your ring since it is not on the bottom of the shank (where you see the most wear). I had a two tone white/yellow gold with no problems or obvious wear so I think you will be fine. They don’t offer anything that is not dipped in what they call ‘rhodium water’.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know what the end in parenthesis means from Tianya:
1.3 prong martini Moissanite stud earrings, Metal: Platinum, Platinum weight: estimate 3.8grams,(metal lost included)

I just sent a request and heard back within hours! I am so excited to start this project. I recently lost a diamond tennis bracelet (that wasn't insured) and was devastated.
I think it means that you are being quoted & charged for 3.8 grams of gold but there could be some metal loss after polishing that might equal something slightly less than 3.8 grams of gold. They seem to want to point this out lately in case it does not match.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to buy some H&A 7.5mm Martini Studs from Tianyu. Ella quoted me 480 Dollars for a pair of Studs in 18k Whitegold. Is that reasonable? I have zero feeling for what would be reasonable?

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to buy some H&A 7.5mm Martini Studs from Tianyu. Ella quoted me 480 Dollars for a pair of Studs in 18k Whitegold. Is that reasonable? I have zero feeling for what would be reasonable?
I would do a price comparison with Starsgem, which is another Chinese vendor. They might do it for cheaper and their stones are similar in quality. Tianyu’s cut might be a little bit better but I don’t think it’s by a significant margin.

I think I’ve reached my limit with Tianyu and am just going to buy loose stones from them and have stuff done locally. I asked about a ring I was interested in and it ended up being more than their listed wholesale price. On the website it was listed at $399-$499 and I assumed I’d be paying around $499, but they charged $60 more (not including shipping or PayPal) and I wasn’t even asking for DEF stones (which is what is advertised on the ring), I wanted GH colored stones. And it also included the Reddit discount. :((

Meanwhile I checked with Starsgem on a different ring/design, although using the same number of stones and same cut/color. Starsgem quoted me much, much less. There was less metal, true, but the design I sent to Starsgem was more intricate.

It will probably still be much cheaper to get earrings done with Tianyu as opposed to a private jeweler, but even then, I feel like if I’m going to spend a lot, I’d rather pay extra through my local jeweler.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Man i am sad their prices have been jacked up....i waffled over the holidays and decided to wait a few months and now I'm afraid to find out how much more the quote will be. o_O

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
How big are the stones and what color are you going for? That seems kind of expensive, even for them.....

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I commented over on the SG thread that Tianyu was nearly double. They have the best H&As, but their prices have gone way way up. I could buy loose stones from them and have DK make my setting for only $200 more than what they quoted me.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I commented over on the SG thread that Tianyu was nearly double. They have the best H&As, but their prices have gone way way up. I could buy loose stones from them and have DK make my setting for only $200 more than what they quoted me.
How big are the stones and what color are you going for? That seems kind of expensive, even for them.....
I paid $504 for 2ctw princess cut studs in 14k gold. That’s including dhl shipping and PayPal fees. They’re doing them now.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock

7.5mm :)

I'm just scared to go with Stargems because people didn't like there H&A Moissanites. But I'll research some more! :)

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
7.5mm :)

I'm just scared to go with Stargems because people didn't like there H&A Moissanites. But I'll research some more! :)
I think the H&A cut has gotten much better from SG recently. The arrows are better but the feedback I have heard is that they need to make the culet a little smaller. If you show them exact pictures of what you want, you will probably get a better outcome.

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone. I’m waiting on my tax return to come in but I’ll be ordering my engagement ring soon. I got quotes from tianyu and Starsgems and starsgems actually quoted me more than tianyu for the same ring (590 vs 570). I wear a US size 12 so my gold cost is always much higher than everyone else’s lol. I fell in love with a ring I saw on tianyu’s insta. I’ll be getting an 8.5mm hearts and arrows cut for my center stone. I’m thinking I may get my fiance’s Ring as well and would be super excited to see how they create a man’s ring. I’ll include a pic of the ring I’ve fallen for.
CB240860-5D3C-49D1-BFBA-9B176F16F6BA.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone. I’m waiting on my tax return to come in but I’ll be ordering my engagement ring soon. I got quotes from tianyu and Starsgems and starsgems actually quoted me more than tianyu for the same ring (590 vs 570). I wear a US size 12 so my gold cost is always much higher than everyone else’s lol. I fell in love with a ring I saw on tianyu’s insta. I’ll be getting an 8.5mm hearts and arrows cut for my center stone. I’m thinking I may get my fiance’s Ring as well and would be super excited to see how they create a man’s ring. I’ll include a pic of the ring I’ve fallen for.
Very exciting! It’s a beautiful ring..

badmintongirl

Rough_Rock
:love: beautiful!!!
What size stones did you end up using for the melee stones?
I had 1.5-1.8mm ones in mine and I'm finding they don't sparkle when compared to the same or smaller size diamond in the stores.

badmintongirl

Rough_Rock
I have been fairly satisfied with the ring I ordered from tianyu with the exception of the melee stones which doesn't seem to sparkle at all. I was hoping for more sparkle from them, similar to what would be coming from the center stone. Is this possible? I have compared the melee moissanite to in store diamonds of the same size and find the in store diamonds sparkle way more than the melee stones on my ring. Does anyone have any input as to whether or not their melee stones sparkle? Did I just get dud stones? I was told the melee moissanite on my ring are 1.8mm. Is the size the culprit for moissanite melee stones? Any insight is greatly appreciated as we are planning on ordering wedding bands from them but wanted clarification on the sparkle of the melee moissanite.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results