shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

jonathanrc

Rough_Rock
I think you shouldn’t go under 2 mm when you have pave or the ring might loose some stones. Having a 2 mm band is still pretty thin and you have quite a large halo there so I wouldn’t go any less. I would bump up the thickness to 1.5 mm at least. She has a smaller finger but most US companies are around 1.8 mm thick. If she likes them to feel thin, then I would say 1.5-1.6 mm. If you go too thin at the bottom, you will see small dents over time as the bottom of the ring takes the most abuse during wear.
Thank you, I had the bottom thickness changed to 1.5 mm!

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
@jonathanrc
I would personally like if the halo matched the curves of the stone a bit more. Currently the halo is more square-especially in the corners than the stone is.
I also appreciate when from the side of the ring, the halo lines up with the pavilion of the stone. I'm not sure if this is your preference or if their software is unable to handle it.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
So I don’t mean to thread hijack, but I’ll come full circle.
We ordered the stone below from an Indian manufacturer, and it just came in a few days ago. (Crappy cell photos). And at first I loved it, but the more I look at it, the more something just seems a little off. I can’t put my finger on it (puns).
I should have ordered from Tianyu initially, but my partner saw a good deal and went rogue. Am I crazy and it’s fine? Or is the product at Tianyu superior to this as I suspect? Or could it be the RBC moissanite that looks off to me and we should get a H&A from Tianyu? I was going to include a video but it was too big hence the photo overload haha
1949F8F9-3487-496B-AB2F-FB3ACAFE2889.jpeg D636430E-F314-4A8B-BE15-DDFAA9D52F56.jpeg B6B2A938-6B57-4FA2-AD99-5A0C0B4F50DD.jpeg 74D12E22-2994-413A-8A67-ECF3F84F6B21.jpeg 3D5C13CD-9F52-40D7-BC29-781892E0322C.jpeg

I ordered from an Indian manufacturer on EBay and the stone and ring was horrible!

If you’re interested in a beautiful Tianyu OEC Solitaire I have mine listed on Preloved PS Gems (losing quite a bit of money on it but need it to fund something else): here’s the link if you’re interested. Best of luck!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/oec-moissanite-solitaire.246316/

gaiaair

Rough_Rock
First time poster but long time lurker. I finally pulled the trigger and put in an order for stud earrings and a ring.

Now, I’ve run into a problem: I asked my sales agent to provide me photos and videos of stones before they set them and I checked in today and found out that they’ve already put started setting the stones. I expressed my dissatisfaction with the process and now they’ve come back and said they can remove the stone and send me photos/video but that it will push out the timeline for completion to after Chinese New Year.

What do you think I should do? I’m upset that they didn’t listen to something I requested before even putting in the order but my concern now is quality. If they remove the stone and then re-set it, will it cause quality issues. They did inform me that the stone passed their quality inspection.

What would you do in this situation? Appreciate your advice, thanks in advance!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
First time poster but long time lurker. I finally pulled the trigger and put in an order for stud earrings and a ring.

Now, I’ve run into a problem: I asked my sales agent to provide me photos and videos of stones before they set them and I checked in today and found out that they’ve already put started setting the stones. I expressed my dissatisfaction with the process and now they’ve come back and said they can remove the stone and send me photos/video but that it will push out the timeline for completion to after Chinese New Year.

What do you think I should do? I’m upset that they didn’t listen to something I requested before even putting in the order but my concern now is quality. If they remove the stone and then re-set it, will it cause quality issues. They did inform me that the stone passed their quality inspection.

What would you do in this situation? Appreciate your advice, thanks in advance!
I just received my princess cut pendant from them and I’m thrilled..In fact, that’s why I came here..but saw you had a misunderstanding with them. I did get a video and pictures before setting so it must have been a fluke. If it were me I would tell them I want to see the finished earrings before sending them to you. I wouldn’t want them messing with the prongs after they were set. If you don’t like them then they can unset them..

jcrouch

Rough_Rock
Hello. I originally learned about moissanites and tianyu from this site and have come to the point of finally purchasing one. Myself and my girlfriend have settled on a 6mm Hearts and Arrows cut moissanite to use in an engagement ring setting that we are getting locally.

I asked Tianyu to send me images or a video of the stone that they had for us. This is the video of the stone (it is a DEF they say). I do not have a lot of expertise with this so I was hoping that I could get ya'lls input on whether this looks good? My girlfriend said she thought the table might be too big, making it look more like an oec. But neither of us really know for sure...

Thanks for the help!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello. I originally learned about moissanites and tianyu from this site and have come to the point of finally purchasing one. Myself and my girlfriend have settled on a 6mm Hearts and Arrows cut moissanite to use in an engagement ring setting that we are getting locally.

I asked Tianyu to send me images or a video of the stone that they had for us. This is the video of the stone (it is a DEF they say). I do not have a lot of expertise with this so I was hoping that I could get ya'lls input on whether this looks good? My girlfriend said she thought the table might be too big, making it look more like an oec. But neither of us really know for sure...

Thanks for the help!
I can’t comment on the cut because I’m not great at that..Hopefully someone will help you with that. What I can comment on is an OEC has a small table so yours is definitely not like an OEC. I just ordered a princess cut pendant in DEF and it is a true colorless DEF when I received it today. I was able to put it next to my diamonds and it sparkles like mad. I had originally bought stones from Indian vendors and they were horrible. I’m VERY pleased with my pendant. It looks just like a well cut princess diamond which I am familiar with.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for the help!

I would ask for another video with the stone on someone’s hand in different lighting. That lighting is terrible.

jcrouch

Rough_Rock
Quick correction: My girlfriend said she thought the table was small. I mis-remembered and said the exact opposite. I will ask Tianyu for a different video and probably post it back here for help. Thanks!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
E0D9C5F8-50CF-4EEF-9FC1-FAE5C34982CB.jpeg
For anyone interested..I received my princess cut pendant yesterday. I’m absolutely thrilled with the cut and color. Princess cuts are hard to get right with moissanite but they nailed it. I ordered princess cut earrings last night. You cannot tell between mined diamonds and this moissanite in my pendant and I’m super picky..I had so many mistakes ordering from the vendors from India. It’s so tempting to just get everything done by them instead of diamonds because truly they’re that good. I can only speak for princess cut as I don’t know what the others look like in real life. For comparison..I put up my asscher cut studs from India. Notice the difference in color and how the ones from India look gray.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks great @Mamabean! Night and day from the ones from India. Glad you found some you’re happy with!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! It’s about time! ;)2

Out of curiosity, now that you’ve seen stones from China and India, how do you think your OEC would compare to a Tianyu OEC? I’m still mulling over the Golden Bird option because I just love your ring, but haven’t seen many pics close up of the faceting. Personally, the warmth and a not too perfect cut are what appeals to me about an old cut replica, so I just wanted to pick your brain.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Out of curiosity, now that you’ve seen stones from China and India, how do you think your OEC would compare to a Tianyu OEC? I’m still mulling over the Golden Bird option because I just love your ring, but haven’t seen many pics close up of the faceting. Personally, the warmth and a not too perfect cut are what appeals to me about an old cut replica, so I just wanted to pick your brain.
I haven’t seen an OEC made from Tianyu..only the princess cut. The cut is perfect for what it is and the color is as described and beautiful. The Golden Bird OEC is supposed to be a WHITE which would be a GHI. I would say it’s like an I so pretty close. I really like it but there were some people that said the faceting was a little off. I figure a real OEC are a bit wonky too. I’m happy with it but not with his settings and honesty. Look at the line up of my moissanite and diamonds above. You can see former “Wonky”..now Miss Wow..named by David Klass..lol..in the line up..It’s slightly creamy but I think it’s pretty..I did hear that Tianyu does pretty OEC’s. I wish I could be more help!
I forgot to add David Klass had to fix my setting because Vijay did such a terrible job on the bezel. I wouldn’t let him do the setting. JMHO

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I haven’t seen an OEC made from Tianyu..only the princess cut. The cut is perfect for what it is and the color is as described and beautiful. The Golden Bird OEC is supposed to be a WHITE which would be a GHI. I would say it’s like an I so pretty close. I really like it but there were some people that said the faceting was a little off. I figure a real OEC are a bit wonky too. I’m happy with it but not with his settings and honesty. Look at the line up of my moissanite and diamonds above. You can see former “Wonky”..now Miss Wow..named by David Klass..lol..in the line up..It’s slightly creamy but I think it’s pretty..I did hear that Tianyu does pretty OEC’s. I wish I could be more help!
I forgot to add David Klass had to fix my setting because Vijay did such a terrible job on the bezel. I wouldn’t let him do the setting. JMHO

Oh I wouldn’t either. Not after your story. Lol. I at least wouldn’t have high expectations and I’d do what you did and have DK fix it. Going that route, it’s still cheaper than having DK make the whole thing!

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Anyone out there have a 4-prong solitaire (preferably round) from Tianyu? Most of their stock rings are 6-prong, which is not my preference. This one could maybe work if I were able to change the head.

I'm not sure yet whether I'd do a custom setting with them or just look around for a setting elsewhere, but I figured I'd put the feelers out and see if anyone has had something similar made. Thanks!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Morenita21 had one that she had since sold; maybe she still has pictures?

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
C468DF9A-0946-4F65-B21A-47CD2A1C9A57.jpeg EED3D821-3B2F-4DD6-A31E-575CD06A3CE1.jpeg 82FB7EF0-D8E4-474A-85E3-F1DE13CDEF81.jpeg
Anyone out there have a 4-prong solitaire (preferably round) from Tianyu? Most of their stock rings are 6-prong, which is not my preference. This one could maybe work if I were able to change the head.

I'm not sure yet whether I'd do a custom setting with them or just look around for a setting elsewhere, but I figured I'd put the feelers out and see if anyone has had something similar made. Thanks!

Hi!
I had two 4 prong solitaires made from Tianyu. Here’s a link to a video of each one:

Also included a copy of my CAD.

Thanks!

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for this! Your rings are lovely. :love: I’m surprised they don’t offer more 4-prongs in stock for rounds.
C468DF9A-0946-4F65-B21A-47CD2A1C9A57.jpeg EED3D821-3B2F-4DD6-A31E-575CD06A3CE1.jpeg 82FB7EF0-D8E4-474A-85E3-F1DE13CDEF81.jpeg

Hi!
I had two 4 prong solitaires made from Tianyu. Here’s a link to a video of each one:

Thanks!

gaiaair

Rough_Rock

Hi!

Thanks!

So stunning!!! Your rings are absolutely gorgeous. Really hope this means that even though I haven’t seen the stone, it’ll be beautiful. Did you select your stones before setting?

gaiaair

Rough_Rock
I just received my princess cut pendant from them and I’m thrilled..In fact, that’s why I came here..but saw you had a misunderstanding with them. I did get a video and pictures before setting so it must have been a fluke. If it were me I would tell them I want to see the finished earrings before sending them to you. I wouldn’t want them messing with the prongs after they were set. If you don’t like them then they can unset them..

Thanks for the advice! I took your recommendation and told them I was really disappointed and upset and want to see pictures and videos before they ship out the earrings and ring. Fingers crossed... just really nervous since this is my first time ordering from them.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the advice! I took your recommendation and told them I was really disappointed and upset and want to see pictures and videos before they ship out the earrings and ring. Fingers crossed... just really nervous since this is my first time ordering from them.
Try not to be nervous..I’ve had very good communication with them..I do understand the anxiety...Keep us in the loop!

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
So stunning!!! Your rings are absolutely gorgeous. Really hope this means that even though I haven’t seen the stone, it’ll be beautiful. Did you select your stones before setting?

Thank you! My rep Sophia always sent videos of the stones before setting into the ring. However, beware about the size of the stone. I recently used my caliber measurement tool and one stone measures 8.1mm and the other 8.2mm. I ordered 8.5mm. So, going forward I will ask to see measurements of the stones too. Just something to keep in mind.

gaiaair

Rough_Rock
Thank you! My rep Sophia always sent videos of the stones before setting into the ring. However, beware about the size of the stone. I recently used my caliber measurement tool and one stone measures 8.1mm and the other 8.2mm. I ordered 8.5mm. So, going forward I will ask to see measurements of the stones too. Just something to keep in mind.

Good to know!!! I am working with Sophia as well and they moved ahead with setting the ring and earrings before showing me the stones. I’ll ask them to show a picture with the measurement of the stone as well when they send pics of the final products.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Thinking of getting a quote from Ella to make this BE setting with a 7mm OEC. Any thoughts on whether this would be a good project for them? I’ve seen some prong problems in this thread, but generally it seems like plain solitaires are pretty safe? (ETA: I can get a very similar setting from an Etsy vendor for $345, so that is the price tag I’m comparing against.)
B6FCC863-EA9E-4C8F-A34E-0EAA6C465773.jpeg 99CED7B5-0277-4448-8691-2FF1645BDE7C.jpeg EF7C09F3-BF78-4841-B314-F3EB42799C4C.jpeg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bbk0885 I think this would be a great setting for them to replicate. Clean lines, no pave or milgrain. Price it out and see what they'd charge!

Kyle753

Rough_Rock
Recieved the ring today ! I was charged around $25 in duties by DHL ( I'm in Canada). Wondering if I should get it appraised but I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I hope she will be just as happy :D

Here is a link to a video of the ring: https://s.amsu.ng/nwkSwn83xoQN

IMG_20190121_214230.jpg IMG_20190121_214329.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190121_213641.jpg
    IMG_20190121_213641.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 44

tonielle

Rough_Rock
Recieved the ring today ! I was charged around $25 in duties by DHL ( I'm in Canada). Wondering if I should get it appraised but I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I hope she will be just as happy :D

Here is a link to a video of the ring: https://s.amsu.ng/nwkSwn83xoQN

IMG_20190121_214230.jpg IMG_20190121_214329.jpg

It’s gorgeous!!!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Kyle753 - it’s beautiful! Simple, classic, and gorgeous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results