shape
carat
color
clarity

Under 1ct diamonds

silviagbc

Rough_Rock
my lil baby

I have been drooling over everyone's gorgeous settings! So green eyed right now!!

But here is my 0.53 hof G SI1 baby, currently in the process of resetting the diamond as I'm not loving the setting any more :( was originally wanting a halo setting, but I can't justify that without eliminating an upgrade in a few years. So now looking for tiffany like, very thin plain setting to bring out the diamond.
IMG_3392.jpg
IMG_3462.jpg
IMG_3463.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: my lil baby

silviagbc|1312620632|2985325 said:
I have been drooling over everyone's gorgeous settings! So green eyed right now!!

But here is my 0.53 hof G SI1 baby, currently in the process of resetting the diamond as I'm not loving the setting any more :( was originally wanting a halo setting, but I can't justify that without eliminating an upgrade in a few years. So now looking for tiffany like, very thin plain setting to bring out the diamond.
IMG_3392.jpg
IMG_3462.jpg
IMG_3463.jpg

Beautiful ring! I love the setting, but see what you mean. When I buy something thats more different or unique I tend to tire of itore quickly than the more "classic items".

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
gem_anemone » 08 Aug 2011 15:00
The ring he gave me is a square hearts and arrows diamond in an x-prong 18K white gold setting. The diamond is 0.73 E SI1 on a size 7 finger. It's even more beautiful than I remember from when I tried it on a couple months ago. SO sparkly! I cannot stop looking at it.

I wish all of you lovely ladies the best! As promised, the pics:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-stay-was-short-and-sweet.164136/

gem.jpg

toyopl

Rough_Rock
James Allen diamond 0.54ct
Emilian Jewellery setting

Bad Iphone picture :)
ring_31.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful - such a unique (yet classic) setting!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
thenew » 14 Aug 2011 00:08
Delurking to post my first ring! After discovering AVCs via PS, I knew I had to have one. I wasn't initially looking to go so warm with the color, especially sight unseen, but I loved the shape and all the pictures Sarah took were beautiful. Stats are: .82 carats, L, SI1, medium fluorescence, 5.41x5.82mm. http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8058/ This is the link to the stone.

I live in Japan, so it's pretty much the opposite of any rings I see here, which I like. Depending on the light, it goes from very warm to very white. I can see the inclusions sometimes, but only if I'm scrutinizing it closely.

I bought the stone loose and Mark Hiroshi Willis very kindly helped me with the setting here in Tokyo: simple platinum solitaire, Japan size 5.5 so I think it's about a US size 3.5? I'm guessing it's about 2mm and tapers a bit toward the stone.

Many thanks to GOG and Mark. My only regret was not waiting until the yen shot up and the dollar dropped before buying the stone!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-ring-gog-avc-82-l-si1.164322/

Attachments

• thenew.bmp
    835 KB · Views: 2,931
Here is my .20-.22 marquise & my channel set diamond band. They are exactly what I wanted & I love them! Everyone's rings on here are gorgeous!

G%20Force%20Video%20Card%202136551998_picnik.jpg

G%20Force%20Video%20Card%202136552021_picnik.jpg

Shannonmykayla

Rough_Rock
I got better pictures of my ring so I can post some more!!! I love looking at everyone's rings, they are all so beautiful!!!!

My ring is .53 carats, D-E colour, SI1 (eye clean) and excellent cut (the highest grade for GSL) and my ring is a size 5 for my knuckles, my finger is a size 4.75.

Star on my hand.jpg

ring 5. jpg.jpg

2011-05-16 18.28.34.jpg

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My future sister-in-law's e-ring.

IMG_3456.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
quaddio|1313623670|2992939 said:
My future sister-in-law's e-ring.

IMG_3456.jpg
It's beautiful. What are the sizez/weights of the emerald cut stones?

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
From my post to the main SMTR thread..
Details:
18k yellow gold with white gold prongs, 3 Emerald cut diamonds .38, 2 round diamonds .11. Diamonds total of 0.49. Stated as HI color and VS2 clarity.
The ring is a size 6.5

IMG_3334.JPG

IMG_3505.JPG

IMG_3420.JPG

maxbookworm

Rough_Rock
I *love* this thread. The best part is, I still have about 40 pages to drool through :)

This thread inspired me to take vanity shots of my engagement ring, which is 16 years old (!!). There are more pics here.

The diamond is something around 0.7 ct and I don't remember any of the other stats although it looks quite white to me and eye clean. It is set in a platinum, tiffany-style, size 3 ring.

DSC02812_1.jpg
DSC02807_0.jpg
DSC02811_0.jpg

Thanks for starting this thread. I think it's my favorite on the forums :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Attachments

• dancing.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 2,583

Shannonmykayla

Rough_Rock
How is exactly a .90 carat diamond small???? That makes us with mere .30 carat rings or .50 carat rings feel like we are not even worthy to show ours seeing that .10 of a carat is considered SMALL! I think it's ridiculous how much emphasis is put on carat weight and how if it's not at least 1 carat it's considered small. It really makes me sick. Because there are those of us who have .50 carats, or .30 carats, or well under .90 carats that we are already made to feel horrible because it doesn't 'measure' up to standards. It's bad enough when someone get's a .90 carat diamond and excuses it's insignificance by referring to it as small. Whatever happened to being happy for what it stands for, and having a bit of tact? You look at yours and think "small" someone else who has a .50 carat looks at that and says "that's huge", then proceeds to hide theirs because if yours is 'small' then theirs isn't even worthy to be shown. With all due respect, if you notice, your diamond is larger than 95% on this post and to call it small is a pretty big slap to everyone else who doesn't measure up to such a 'small' rock. This post is to celebrate all sizes of diamonds under 1 carat, and actually WELL under a carat if you read the first post to start this thread. It was put here to help people with .15, .20, .30,.40,.50,.60 carat diamonds that theirs are just as beautiful and just as important and impressive and stunning as the 1 carats and they should be proud to show them off. Small on here is beautiful and wanted and is for the self esteem for the one who wears it. And I am sure that you know your diamond is not small according to this thread.

silviagbc

Rough_Rock
whoa shannonmykayla! that's alot of tension release in there.. :) well done for saying what probably alot of us think when we hear about "small" 1ct rings!?! :nono:

I don't know, maybe there's different views on this, and I'm slightly biased as well, but anything over the 1ct range starts to look more like a dress ring to me rather than an engagement ring. I would NEVER say no to a 2ct ring :love: but I think it will have to be a RHR or fancy dress ring as I couldn't possibly pull it off on an everyday basis (i'd be scared to for starters). Especially when you start talking halos / side stones / 3 stones etc... or all of the above

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Shannonmykayla, I'm sorry what she said has angered you. I'm not sure if she meant it the way you saw it though. Before my engagement I know nothing about jewelery and diamond since I never wear any. I came here not knowing what is a stander for diamond size. After reading so many people's posts of their large bling, I thought over 1ct was a normal size and upgraded my stone from .75ct to 1 before I got the ring made. Not until after I received the ring, made a post about it, said something about the .75ct being small and someone replied it's pretty big for the normal American e-ring size. She may simply just didn't know like how I was before and I hope you understand that we admire the beauty of diamond here no matter in what size or shape.

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Shannonmykayla, to be fair, Dancing Bear didn't even post her ring herself in this post, so although those are her words, she may have chosen different words for this post if she had done it herself.

Shannonmykayla

Rough_Rock
Sorry ladies, I didn't mean to be so harsh but doesn't apologetically excusing a .90 carat ring defeat the purpose of this thread? For what this thread was intended to do, doesn't that post become the bad apple that spoils the bunch? I understand that in some places such as Hollywood even a 3 carat diamond is small, and others it's ridiculously big. I get that in areas they range, but for heaven's sake when there are others who are trying to get past the less than 'ideal' size on their finger, isn't it at least kind to watch what you say? :halo: It's like complaining about your weight and how much you have to lose because you feel like a barn, all the while there is someone right there who is clearly heavier than you are ;( ....like seriously would you say that or would you just be quiet and keep your comments to yourself and instead talk about a new healthy shake you just read about that's so delicious it's impossible not to share it. Something you BOTH or all can benefit from. Get my drift? . :))

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Shannonmykayla, Dancing Bear didn't post her diamond in this thread. She posted her pic. in this forum and it so happens to be under 1 ct so our friend who keeps this thread updated posted her ring's pic. and post here. She did not say those words to post it in a under 1ct diamond thread, it was just copied and pasted to this thread.

silviagbc

Rough_Rock
this is one I tried on while enquiring about resetting my diamond

It's a 0.54 D VS1 in a lovely tiffany style setting :love: seriously considering it!

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

Shannonmykayla

Rough_Rock
@ minmin- accidents can happen :errrr: I guess we all just have to be more mindful. :halo:

@ Silvia- oooh lala I would be seriously thinking about that too it's gorgeous and looks so lovely on your finger!!!! :love:

silviagbc

Rough_Rock
thanks @shannonmykayla, I have been seriously looking at the pictures on my phone every day for over a week now.. decisions decisions!!! soooo not my forte :(sad

Shannonmykayla

Rough_Rock
My suggestion is to do what makes you happy, and what makes your fiance/husband happy. If he's onboard with you wanting to upgrade your ring, then do it if that's that you really want. If he's not, find out why, and see if there is a compromise you both can come to. :appl: From what I've seen it can go both ways, the man will be on board with upgrading the ring, because that was the intention from the beginning, or he may feel douped, that what he got you wasn't good enough and feel like he let you down, therefore let himself down :(sad . So if you know your S.O doesn't mind then that's half the battle. I think the hard part is, parting with what you were proposed to with....that sentimental part of it. Either way you'll make the right choice and you deserve to be happy. ;)) Did you pick this out together? Did he pick out the setting? or suggest any part of it? =)

silviagbc

Rough_Rock
FI proposed with diamond, I picked the setting which i'm really disappointed with the level of craftsmanship/performance so that is why i'm looking for a new setting only to house my diamond. He's all for it, he's even gone as far as suggesting I sell my ring and buy another one all together which shocked me and i don't think I can do, I'm definitely up for an 'upgraded' diamond later on but not to replace this one, just maybe have an additional one.. or two.. perhaps a princess cut, or pear or marquise.. start a collection of all the different gorgeous shapes.. :naughty: love grows, doesn't it?? :tongue:

Shannonmykayla

Rough_Rock
Oh shoot really? The craftsmenship is that bad? That's horrible. Sorry about that. Did you get it from an independent jeweller? It looks like the setting you have picked out is well made and I think it will show off your diamond that much more brilliantly :twirl: I also think it's sweet that your fiance just wants you to be happy and even suggested a different diamond all together. I think the idea of keeping the original and getting another is great, because you have the best of both worlds...and who doesn't love having their cake and eating it too!!! Mmmmm cake! lol :love:

Ps: I find that retail jewellers with reputations to uphold pride themselves on craftsmenship. My fiance got my ring setting from People's/Zale's Jewellers and he hand picked the diamonds that he wanted. They will even mount a diamond from someone else in their setting. They are very accommodating. I'm sure other American places would be just as accommodating as well. Yes the mark up retail is higher, but I think that also accounts for peace of mind knowing that even if you want to return it, exchange it or change it altogether they will do that for you under your warranty. Just saying :bigsmile:

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The pics aren't the best quality, so when I get to the store for batteries I'll do a thread on my new ring. This is a .67ct I/SI1 Crafted By Infinity in a Vatche Grace setting, finger size 6.75 (but the ring is a 7 since I swell in summer). The band is a 2.5mm Roseco pave cathedral band.

.67_I_SI1 012.jpg

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I haven't figured out how to post more than one picture in a response yet (or learned how to put in the little embarrassed face!).

.67_I_SI1 007.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Winks_Elf|1314134793|2997713 said:
The pics aren't the best quality, so when I get to the store for batteries I'll do a thread on my new ring. This is a .67ct I/SI1 Crafted By Infinity in a Vatche Grace setting, finger size 6.75 (but the ring is a 7 since I swell in summer). The band is a 2.5mm Roseco pave cathedral band.

Melissa, your is beautiful! Now I know exactly how y .67ct would look in halo: perfect. Didn't Wink make a video of it? (I love to see his videos.)

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
No. Sadly, Wink's mom is failing fast, and he's spending as much time as he possibly can with her before she transitions. Since I work for Wink from NJ, I had Vatche ship the ring straight to me so that it would be one less package for Wink to send out during this rough time.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Winks_Elf|1314134793|2997713 said:

oh boy, that ring is stunning~ love it~!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results