carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

snuggles1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/18/2008 12:43:21 PM
Author: Skiace15
The diamond studs in my top holes are 1ctw RSG, special ordered with Blue Fluor. from WF and the ones in the bottom hole are the petite dreams of africa earrings, also by WF, which I had made with rubies to match my wedding dress
emidea.gif

Hey, those petite dreams of africa earrings are cute. I've always wondered what they look like because I was thinking of getting a pair!

eta: do you have a close up pic of them?

Skiace15

Rough_Rock
Snuggles,
Here is the picture blown up a little. I hope this helps.

blowup123.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/18/2008 4:43:14 PM
Author: Mrs Mitchell
Catmom, your martinis look really great. They turned out well! Hope you enjoy them.

Jen
Thanks, Mrs. Mitchell!!

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
WhoHoo! I can finally add mine to this awsome thread!
36.gif
The studs and pics hear are all amazing! These are my 3.0ctw G/H I1''s
9.gif

luvthisshot01.JPG

snuggles1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 10:53:55 AM
Author: Skiace15
Snuggles,

Here is the picture blown up a little. I hope this helps.

Thanks! Those are pretty! *sigh* now I want a pair too!!
30.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread! It''s been so helpful in deciding what size earrings and what setting I would like to have.

(and I''m mostly writing in this thread so I can find it easily again :) )

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
ooo Sandiegolady--that''s a toughie! I''d like to know if the martinis make the ear holes larger too. I love that look. I do like the stability of four prongs--and I like the look as well. hmmmm

here''s my little pair from a recycle job.
.62ctw

upprincstuds1.jpg

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 1:33:09 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Do the martinis really make your ear hole larger?

I think it depends on how tightly you attach your earring backs. As you can see above, my earrings are small, so they sit just fine when I attach them loosely. I don''t allow the martini point to dig into my ear hole and make it bigger, but it does nestle in slightly and I like the way it sits. However, if you have big earrings that need to be held tightly against your ear lobe in order to keep them from drooping, it is possible that the point of the martini will dig into your ear.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok girls.. I have to ask, PLEASE.. four prong or martini.. ???
Idunno1.gif

I''m sure its been asked before, but which is more comfortable, really? Do the martinis really make your ear hole larger?
33.gif
I love both looks... At SOME point
slider_sigh.gif
, I really would like to get 1/4 ctw for my top earrings and 1/2 ctw or better for the bottom.. I may actually get the 1/4 carat uh.. pretty soon.. So, Hm.. just wondering your thoughts on it..
SDL, I went with something in between for my remounts. I was a little worried about the martini''s making my holes bigger...my ears are already big enough without big holes to boot! I really wanted martini''s though. When I went in to my jeweler he said that he had recently switched to a more basket style martini that does not stretch the hole so I went with those. My stones aren''t big [1.00ctw] so I didn''t have to worry about drooping. Here is a picture of what they look like from the side. From the front they look like ordinary martinis. Maybe this type of setting would work for you? Please excuse the cat hair........

cmsmartini01.jpg

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 3:01:52 PM

Ok, now here''s a stupid question.. would it bother you to have your pendant be a 4 prong and your earrings not?

It wouldn''t bother me. The important question is, would it bother YOU?
37.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2008 3:08:42 PM
Author: urseberry

Ok, now here''s a stupid question.. would it bother you to have your pendant be a 4 prong and your earrings not?

It wouldn''t bother me. The important question is, would it bother YOU?
37.gif
Ditto! Actually that''s how mine are.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Idunno1.gif

I''m sure its been asked before, but which is more comfortable, really? Do the martinis really make your ear hole larger?
33.gif
slider_sigh.gif
, I really would like to get 1/4 ctw for my top earrings and 1/2 ctw or better for the bottom.. I may actually get the 1/4 carat uh.. pretty soon.. So, Hm.. just wondering your thoughts on it..
I have had both. I first had .45 each in 4 prong basket. They drooped, unless I pushed them really tight, which I hate.

I now have .58 each in 3 prong martini. They do NOT droop, and I wear them loose. No hole enlargement. I don''t wear them to bed.

Get these ---->
martini.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Idunno1.gif

33.gif
slider_sigh.gif

hi! i have read this alluded to before also. i have 2ctw 3 prong martini from wf. i don''t have any problem with the hole getting larger. i push the back up to touch the skin and check it from time to time during the day. it is not pushed up so tight that it causes pressure or hurts. my ear lobes are on the thin to average thickness. i do not know if this problem could be caused from pushing the backs very tight if the lobe is more fleshy? i don''t understand this either. i hope someone can enlighten us.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 3:35:40 PM
Author: Catmom
Date: 2/14/2008 3:08:42 PM

Author: urseberry

Ok, now here's a stupid question.. would it bother you to have your pendant be a 4 prong and your earrings not?

It wouldn't bother me. The important question is, would it bother YOU?
37.gif
Ditto! Actually that's how mine are.
Ditto. I have a 4 prong pendant and martini studs. Doesn't bother me one bit!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Cool, I guess I get to contribute to this thread now!

1.8 tcw (.90ct each)
GIA F SI1 & GIA F SI2.
6.13 x 6.19 & 6.16 x 6.18
HCA: 0.9 & 1.1

Whiteflash handmade martini settings in platinum with the extra-large tension backs:

wf-final%20studs.jpg

The backing:
LS-ear-2-13-2008-4.jpg

from behind:
LS-ear-2-13-2008-1.jpg

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Obligatory on-ear shot...

ear-front1-2-15-2008-full.jpg

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Any more ear shots of ears with double studs? I just ordered some .88 ctw to wear in my 2nd holes (I returned a smaller pair I''d gotten around Christmas time because they were too small) and will be wearing them with 1.26 ctw studs I''ve had for a few months. I''m a little worried that they''ll look weird because they''re a little close in size? Any thoughts would be good...

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 4:31:45 PM
Author: vslover
Any more ear shots of ears with double studs? I just ordered some .88 ctw to wear in my 2nd holes (I returned a smaller pair I''d gotten around Christmas time because they were too small) and will be wearing them with 1.26 ctw studs I''ve had for a few months. I''m a little worried that they''ll look weird because they''re a little close in size? Any thoughts would be good...

are they the same color? It might look off if not...

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Yup all 4 are G color

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Whoaaaa Sna77,

GORGEOUS earrings, love love love them!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

One question, though... did you request the small "donut" at the base of the prongs (where the "head" meets the earring post)? Or did they just come that way? If I'm not mistaken (and OHICOULDBE!
2.gif
) the pictures of the handmade martinis on the WF website don't have that detail?

Thanks,

Lynn

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
For those of you debating 4-prong basket vs. 3-prong martini settings, I just wanted to add that I actually have 4-prong martini settings. To me, this was the best of both worlds - my studs don''t flop down and I still have 4 prongs to match my-ering (i am a little obsessive-compulsive about those types of things). They were a stock setting from my jeweler and I am very happy with them. If anyone is interested, I can try to post some pictures.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 2:54:06 PM
Date: 2/14/2008 2:25:00 PM

Author: coatimundi

ooo Sandiegolady--that's a toughie! I'd like to know if the martinis make the ear holes larger too. I love that look. I do like the stability of four prongs--and I like the look as well. hmmmm

here's my little pair from a recycle job.

.62ctw

Those are lovely.. do you have an ear shot? I'm planning on princess for my daughter's college graduation in May... Maybe 1/2 ctw though.

Here's an earshot.(sorry it's so blurry--it's so hard to shoot sight unseen!)

And I must say, what a sweet mother you are!

recycleearshot.jpg

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/31/2006 3:46:13 PM
Author: blinkydoll
here are my ears with the .50cttw ones that i will be returning.
i will post my aquamarine ones later for size comparison--- those are too big at 7mm
1.gif
Why are you returning them? They look nice on you.

ETA: Might help if I look at the posting date... nevermind I'm a dork
41.gif

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 7:11:29 PM
Author: isis~goddess
well, i''m breaching the rules here. i don''t wear my studs in my ears, i wear them on my neck, but i''ll post them, just incase someone else is looking for something to do with studs they don''t wear since they upgraded. they are still in their original baskets, the jeweler just removed the posts. i had a tiny hearts on fire bezel set and linked between them... viola, a necklace! it is a little over 1 ct total weight, h si2. i cropped this pic, i dont know if it will post very well, i might have to post a better one later...
That is a beautiful necklace
30.gif
and VERY creative!!!! I''m a ring and necklace girl myself (not that I don''t like earrings, just parinoid about loosing them). Thanks for sharing!!!

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 5:07:16 PM
Author: Lynn B
Whoaaaa Sna77,

GORGEOUS earrings, love love love them!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

One question, though... did you request the small ''donut'' at the base of the prongs (where the ''head'' meets the earring post)? Or did they just come that way? If I''m not mistaken (and OHICOULDBE!
2.gif
) the pictures of the handmade martinis on the WF website don''t have that detail?

Thanks,

Lynn
Hi Lynn, I''m not sna77, but I *think* I know the answer to your question as I recently ordered a pair of ACA studs. I think the "donut" detail only appears on the "Handmade" version of the WF studs. These have been taken off the website and are custom-only (whatever difference that makes). The studs on the website are the cast version and these do not appear to have the donut. So, I don''t think sna77 requested the donut feature, but he did order the handmade versions. When I get my fiance''s in a week or so I''ll be happy to let you know if mine comes with its own pastry.

Best,
Jeff

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Jeff,

You are a doll and I appreciate your reply! Thank you!
And yes, please do keep us posted on the details of the new studs you have coming... and of course pictures, too! Many, many pictures, please! Sir!
2.gif

Lynn

ETA: BTW, have I missed something (which is entirely possible!)? Is there a thread somewhere giving us all the details of these new studs?! Hmmmmm?!
30.gif

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 9:27:54 PM
Author: Lynn B
Jeff,

You are a doll and I appreciate your reply! Thank you!
And yes, please do keep us posted on the details of the new studs you have coming... and of course pictures, too! Many, many pictures, please! Sir!
2.gif

Lynn

ETA: BTW, have I missed something (which is entirely possible!)? Is there a thread somewhere giving us all the details of these new studs?! Hmmmmm?!
30.gif
click me

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results