MartinisOnEar.jpg

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 11:10:45 PM
Author: Sundial
Date: 1/1/2007 4:56:02 PM

Author: canuk-gal

HI:

Good points, gals. While shopping for my washer and drier the other day, we ran into a couple we knew, and her earrings (I would approximate) were 1.5 c. each. Set in baskets. They looked lovely, but were tilting inward...yes I looked! But, of course, it might have to do with the way her lobes are/ears are pearced, and not necessarily the settings. Had no time to ask her about her settings...as the sales guy returned with our receipts, etc......

Hope Sundial chimes in with her opinion, as she has some lovely martini''s, also.

cheers--Sharon

Why thank you Sharon! I have been off celebrating the New Year in Phoenix and just saw this. I absolutely love the three prong martini setting and would never go back to four prong baskets or bezel set (both of which I have had in the past). As others have stated they don''t droop at all and they appear to be floating on the earlobe. You really don''t even notice any metal from the setting when they are being worn. I think baskets are okay for maybe half carat or smaller studs, but for anything bigger I would certainly recommend the three prong martini setting. In fact one of the people we are visiting here in Phoenix has larger studs in four prong baskets and they drive me crazy because they always lean forward on her ears!

i have been reading old threads trying to get a handle on whether i want 1.50tcw studs. i am undecided as to whether they will be large enough for me and whether the martini or the bezel set will be what i like. can you tell me what size your bezels were and do you still think that the .75 each would be best in a martini setting? thanks!

i would love opinions from everyone who cares to reply. thanks!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Hi Crown! Personally I like the look of bezel set studs for diamonds that are less than .5 carats each. My old pair (now with my daughter) were .33 carats each. If I were to purchase .75 carat each studs I would put them in three prong martini settings, but I don''t think bezels at that size would look bad or anything. I just prefer the way the martinis look like they are floating on the ear. Bezels do make the studs look a little larger though. I think the size you need depends upon the size of your earlobe. I have 1.25 carat each studs now and because I have big lobes they do not really look all that large. There is just nothing like a beautiful pair of sparkling diamond stud earrings!!!

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Just for fun...
41.gif
10.15ctw diamond studs H/SI1 (I think) with pave'' borders.. NO..they aren''t mine. I just tried them on. But there is no such thing as too big, right
3.gif

I would like to get a smaller version of them..maybe 1 3/4 to 2ctw. The pave'' borders make the studs look at least .50ctw bigger than they are, an added bonus.

earstudupclose10.jpg

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi sundial! thanks for your prompt reply. i do have a small pair of hof martini studs that i wear very infrequently. i mostly wear my facets in and out hoops but have wanted 4ctw studs for several years. i just couldn''t justify the dollars. had i gotten them way back when it would not have hurt the bank so bad. anyway, not going to go that big. the 1.50tcw aca from wf are about all i want to spend. my lobes are probably considered medium. not tiny but not large either.

i have looked locally and online and no .75 bezels to be found for a look see on an ear. maybe there is a reason for that. thanks again for helping out.
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 12:07:39 AM
Author: Missrocks
Just for fun...
41.gif
10.15ctw diamond studs H/SI1 (I think) with pave'' borders.. NO..they aren''t mine. I just tried them on. But there is no such thing as too big, right
3.gif

I would like to get a smaller version of them..maybe 1 3/4 to 2ctw. The pave'' borders make the studs look at least .50ctw bigger than they are, an added bonus.

i agree no such thing as too big when you are talking diamond studs. thanks for the pic.
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Lauren, beautiful martini studs
30.gif
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 1:46:39 AM
Author: crown1
hi sundial! thanks for your prompt reply. i do have a small pair of hof martini studs that i wear very infrequently. i mostly wear my facets in and out hoops but have wanted 4ctw studs for several years. i just couldn''t justify the dollars. had i gotten them way back when it would not have hurt the bank so bad. anyway, not going to go that big. the 1.50tcw aca from wf are about all i want to spend. my lobes are probably considered medium. not tiny but not large either.

i have looked locally and online and no .75 bezels to be found for a look see on an ear. maybe there is a reason for that. thanks again for helping out.
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
I wonder if they get kind of heavy in the larger sizes. I think .75 carats each is a great everyday size for studs.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 8:16:33 AM
Author: steph72276
Lauren, beautiful martini studs
30.gif
30.gif

Awwww, Steph - thank you!

They really are so incredibly mismatched, but they were my first major jewelry purchase, so I love them dearly!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Well, they still look great on your ears! I really want a pair to go with my martini pendant. I think the look is so classic!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 12:07:39 AM
Author: Missrocks
Just for fun...
41.gif
3.gif

Wow! Those are WAY too big!!! lol Sorry, hopefully I do not offend anyone if they happen to have enormous stones like those!

Two ct total would be the limit for me. I tried some on and they looked great! My DH said "no way," so I guess I won''t be getting those anytime soon.

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
well, i''m breaching the rules here. i don''t wear my studs in my ears, i wear them on my neck, but i''ll post them, just incase someone else is looking for something to do with studs they don''t wear since they upgraded. they are still in their original baskets, the jeweler just removed the posts. i had a tiny hearts on fire bezel set and linked between them... viola, a necklace! it is a little over 1 ct total weight, h si2. i cropped this pic, i dont know if it will post very well, i might have to post a better one later...

isis69.JPG

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 7:11:29 PM
Author: isis~goddess
well, i''m breaching the rules here. i don''t wear my studs in my ears, i wear them on my neck, but i''ll post them, just incase someone else is looking for something to do with studs they don''t wear since they upgraded. they are still in their original baskets, the jeweler just removed the posts. i had a tiny hearts on fire bezel set and linked between them... viola, a necklace! it is a little over 1 ct total weight, h si2. i cropped this pic, i dont know if it will post very well, i might have to post a better one later...
That''s a cute design! I''m still trying to figure out to do with my .50 ctw studs now that I purchased larger ones. The stones are good cut, but not great, so I''m trying to figure out a design that will bring out the most of what they have.

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
well, my first idea was to put the top diamond in a halo with miligrain and all that wonderful stuff and leave the second diamond to drop. it was all just getting too costly and time comsuming for me though, but if you have the funds and time, perhaps you could do something like that? i would think even if your diamonds aren''t a great cut, a nice halo could sort of "hide" the fact, you know? good luck!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like Sundial, I also like bezels on smaller stones. The nice think about martini or 4 prong studs is that you can get diamond jackets if you want to make them more dressy and larger looking! I LOVE Leon Mege''s jackets!

Crown, I do think 1.5 is plentifully large for everyday wear. ACA''s are so bright that I think they look bigger than they really are! In fact, I have considered getting a smaller pair for everyday! Yes, that probably breaks some PS rule, but I sort of like the delicate look of smaller ones as well!

bumblebee

Rough_Rock
Just got my new (and first!) studs. I thought I''d post to give the perspective of smaller studs - they''re .25ctw. Great for those wanting something beautiful but relatively inexpensive. They are very bright and sparkly!

ear_bb.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are adorable, bumblebee! I think all sizes of studs are beautiful!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cachette - pretty earrings!

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Bumblebee - they''re beautiful! Enjoy!
36.gif

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Cachette - gorgeous! I get so many complements on my Whiteflash studs, too. Yay Whiteflash!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
MC and Tulip, thank you for the compliment!
MC - thanks also for the compliment on my sapphire and diamond band also (in the other thread).
2.gif

Cachette

Skiace15

Rough_Rock
I saw this thread and thought I would post my studs.

The diamond studs in my top holes are 1ctw RSG, special ordered with Blue Fluor. from WF
and the ones in the bottom hole are the petite dreams of africa earrings, also by WF, which I had made with rubies to match my wedding dress
emidea.gif

pic095.JPG

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Can't believe I only just discovered this thread! Gorgeous studs, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Quick question for those with jackets - do you still love/ wear them after a few months? I worry that while I can't live without them right now, the novelty might wear off for me, if you know what I mean? Any long term jacket lovers?

Also, did anyone go with jackets from Leon? I'd really love to see them (sorry if I've missed a thread).

Thanks

Jen

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, rather blurry - but here''s my ec studs (1.10cttw) H SI1

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, having trouble uploading. I keep losing my internet connection - we''re having a bad storm here. Will try again later. Sorry!

Jen

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2008 2:06:13 PM
Author: Mrs Mitchell
Can''t believe I only just discovered this thread! Gorgeous studs, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Quick question for those with jackets - do you still love/ wear them after a few months? I worry that while I can''t live without them right now, the novelty might wear off for me, if you know what I mean? Any long term jacket lovers?

Also, did anyone go with jackets from Leon? I''d really love to see them (sorry if I''ve missed a thread).

Thanks

Jen
Mrs. Mitchell - Your thoughts about the jackets are similar to mine. Right now they seem the "it" item to have, but I''m wanting a pair badly, but they may not even look good on my ears and I wonder if they stick out too far for daily wear. I also keep my studs on 24/7 and wouldn''t want to take them off all the time to stick the jackets on, sooo. . . I''m not sure if I should be saving up for those or something else.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally did it! I had my YG 6 prong studs reset into WG martini''s and I like how they turned out. They are not like the other martini''s I''ve seen though, they are more basket like.

cmsstds2.jpg

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Catmom, your martinis look really great. They turned out well! Hope you enjoy them.

MC, we''re on the same page! What I wonder is whether they would sit nicely on my ear or if they would look like jackets, if you know what I mean? I also wonder if I would be better just saving a little more cash and upgrading the actual studs.

Hmm. DH offered to buy me some jackets, so maybe this is a no brainer...
Anyone got the Leon jackets? I''d love to know what you think of them.
Jen

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results