shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you guys think of these 2 diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So what you do think of these 2 diamonds?

0.331 ct H VS2 A Cut Above H&A
Item Code: AGS-9222702
. Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 0.331
. Depth %: 61.4
. Table %: 56.5
. Crown Angle: 34.9
. Crown %: 15.2
. Star : 54
. Pavilion Angle: 40.7
. Pavilion %: 42.9
. Lower Girdle %: 76
. Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick Faceted
. Measurements: 4.43-4.46X2.73
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

.33 ct H VS2 A Cut Above H&A
Item Code: AGS-9222704
. Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 0.330
. Depth %: 61.4
. Table %: 56.7
. Crown Angle: 34.9
. Crown %: 15.1
. Star : 51
. Pavilion Angle: 40.7
. Pavilion %: 42.9
. Lower Girdle %: 75
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 4.42-4.45X2.72
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
PG, those are KILLER stones, and they are SO well matched it''s ridiculous!

As far as "prices going up at Christmas", that may be true in the mall stores, but not historically with those vendors with really fine make stones. Their pricing is pretty consistent year-round, and the pricing on these stones won''t come down.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FABULOUS!!! Won''t find better than those!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it's crazy! They could be twins.

To tell you the truth, the original reason I ended up discovering this forum in 2005 was to get diamond earrings. I ended up buying myself some Wink's interlaps and pursuing other projects. However I noticed over the years the prices kept creeping up higher, not lower...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are perfect! I bought an H VS2 pair, too, and I love them!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I have a confession, I''m going to have those stones made into earrings, white gold martini studs. I said I was going to do it in 2008, but 2008 is only a few days away...

My main dilemma was wondering if I should get these or the .7 tcw ready set go studs or this pair, but the aca pair ended up being only a couple hundred dollars more. If I could fly down to Whiteflash I would love to compare side by side the pair I was considering and a pair of the RSG. But no plans to visit. In the end I realized I was much more excited having aca studs than gaining a little extra size.

I overthink everything, as this is a big purchase.
For example I love cachette''s pics of her earrings; hers were a G. Will the H''s be less pretty than her G''s?
Also my simulant studs are around 3/4 tcw (diamond) size. Horrors, what if I experience diamond shrinkage going from my cz studs to my diamond studs???

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2007 10:50:53 AM
Author: part gypsy
Well I have a confession, I''m going to have those stones made into earrings, white gold martini studs. I said I was going to do it in 2008, but 2008 is only a few days away...

My main dilemma was wondering if I should get these or the .7 tcw ready set go studs or this pair, but the aca pair ended up being only a couple hundred dollars more. If I could fly down to Whiteflash I would love to compare side by side the pair I was considering and a pair of the RSG. But no plans to visit. In the end I realized I was much more excited having aca studs than gaining a little extra size.

For example I love cachette''s pics of her earrings; hers were a G. Will the H''s be less pretty than her G''s?
Also my simulant studs are around 3/4 tcw (diamond) size. Horrors, what if I experience diamond shrinkage going from my cz studs to my diamond studs???
H are fine.
Get these because if you do have shrinkage, with the aca you can upgrade down the road. I don''t think you''ll have shrinkage, I think you''ll have fun wearing your acas.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2007 10:50:53 AM

Heavens no! And just to show you, here''s a pic of my ACA''s, one is G, one H. I have no idea which is which.
2.gif

And your pair is killer.
36.gif

Earring2350.JPG

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Those two beautiful babies are twins separated at birth!!! Congrats, those will make KILLER earrings... and whoopee, they are upgradable, in case the dreaded DSS sets in!
12.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I''m getting excited
36.gif

Basically I was looking for something in the .50-.70 tcw, f-h, vs2-si1 range.
The whiteflash site had some G SI1s in this size range earlier December (those specs seem to be so many people''s "sweet spot" which makes me curious about them). But I was just looking at that point, and they disappeared. These came up and it made me think, well, at least I won''t have to worry about them not matching! LOL

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
PG, you''re going to be blown away by these stones.....seriously.

And yeah, I think it was smarter to pick upgradeable stones because down the line, you can always add a bit to them and get larger stones. It''s the best of all worlds.....something you can afford to wear now while you''re saving more pennies to get larger versions later.

Thank GOD for the upgrade option! I started with a pair of .38 each H, SI1 studs; upgraded to .55 each J studs. I had a .56 pendant solitaire pendant; upgraded that the a .74 J pendant; then converted THAT into two .75 H, SI2 stones for my dangle earrings.

Since I got those, found I didn''t wear the .55 studs at all anymore. SO,...I just traded one of those stones back in for smaller studs (.34 I VS2 studs) and earring jackets!

Upgrade option means a TON to me. I don''t spend luxury money lightly, so this reassures me that I can move things around to make sure I''m getting the most use out of the money invested. LOVE the upgrade option!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really loving the earring jackets idea! It gives you the flexibility of wearing the studs alone or with jackets to give them a larger look. I seriously might trade mine in for smaller ones so I can have jackets! I would never buy diamonds again without a trade-in option!!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen your earrings are so beautiful! That''s nice to know about the (lack of) color difference.

Diamondseeker2006 your earrings must be my earrings'' big sisters
2.gif

Adj, I don''t have plans to get larger studs as my last pair of real diamond earrings were 1/3 total weight and I was happy with them. I tried on a pair of 1 ctw czs and didn''t think they looked quite right on me, while the 3/4 tcw cz studs suited me much better. However I could go much larger if they were ahem leverbacks (as you may agree) the leverbacks look gorgeous.

Before I ever did that I would rather get gemstone leverbacks to tell the truth as they are more my style. In general I like my diamonds on the smaller side but gemstones I could go much larger.

can''t believe I''ll be part of the aca stud earring club!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 5:47:46 PM
Ellen your earrings are so beautiful! That''s nice to know about the (lack of) color difference.

Diamondseeker2006 your earrings must be my earrings'' big sisters
2.gif

Adj, I don''t have plans to get larger studs as my last pair of real diamond earrings were 1/3 total weight and I was happy with them. I tried on a pair of 1 ctw czs and didn''t think they looked quite right on me, while the 3/4 tcw cz studs suited me much better. However I could go much larger if they were ahem leverbacks (as you may agree) the leverbacks look gorgeous.

Before I ever did that I would rather get gemstone leverbacks to tell the truth as they are more my style. In general I like my diamonds on the smaller side but gemstones I could go much larger.

can''t believe I''ll be part of the aca stud earring club!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I NEED a leverback twin!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL! in my dreams!

I actually have "twins" of your leverbacks - in cubic zirconia that is
3.gif
. I think that''s the closest I''ll get in this lifetime!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 5:47:46 PM
Well thank you, yours are going to be just as pretty!
2.gif

Get that camera ready.
9.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to let you know I received the earrings yesterday and they are FIIIIINE.
WARNING! Let me preface this that I don''t have a digital camera, so pictures will have to wait. I will hopefully borrow my sister- in-law''s camera this weekend for requisite ear shots.
My thoughts:

1) Looking at them in the box, I realize the specs are possibly overkill for a pair of earrings viewed from a distance. I totally understand why people push the clarity and color grades for a bigger size. Although I never thought I would be a bigger diamond earring person (i.e. size whore), you see these diamonds and you think more more more!!!
1b) on the other hand in these sizes higher grades are not much more, so why not? My main beef with mall stones (other than unknown and dubious cut quality) is them looking white, cloudy, dull, having "black pepper", that is clarity problems. Since this was an internet purchase it was nice to get VS2. But I think I could have gone down ito SI clarity and not noticed.
2) They are H and they look totally white to me and throw off good fire. That means I may not be a color sensitive person, or possibly only notice a difference in close comparison to other whiter diamonds. However that is irrelevant when they are in the ears!
1.gif

3) In my ears I don''t have any complaints they are too small! In other words they are beautiful. They have alot of presence. It is very nice to have the opportunity to upgrade, but no plans in the (near) future.
4) For anyone having concerns that the martini setting shows too much metal, it really is like having a nugget of diamond in your ear, very delicate, the diamond rides close to the ear. For those who like more metal then 4 prong basket would be the way to go. I also reallly like the bezel setting look as well, but had to make a decision or remain earringless.
5) Man I need to get a haircut!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif

And I''ll tell you, you could definitely go to SI1 or even 2 in some cases. One of my studs is an SI1 and I can''t even see the inclusions with a loupe.
2.gif

I''m so glad you love them, not that I thought you wouldn''t!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Ellen, and congrats on your 10,000 posts!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Pg, I am drooling at the thought of your earrings. I hope you get a chance to get pics for us. Congrats on a great find and being able to get them.

shay

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t wait to see them! I am glad you think the martini settings are delicate! They look so heavy on the website since they are so highly magnified. I''ll be interested to see your pictures!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2008 8:31:29 AM
I wanted to let you know I received the earrings yesterday and they are FIIIIINE.
WARNING! Let me preface this that I don''t have a digital camera, so pictures will have to wait. I will hopefully borrow my sister- in-law''s camera this weekend for requisite ear shots.
My thoughts:

1) Looking at them in the box, I realize the specs are possibly overkill for a pair of earrings viewed from a distance. I totally understand why people push the clarity and color grades for a bigger size. Although I never thought I would be a bigger diamond earring person (i.e. size whore), you see these diamonds and you think more more more!!!
1b) on the other hand in these sizes higher grades are not much more, so why not? My main beef with mall stones (other than unknown and dubious cut quality) is them looking white, cloudy, dull, having ''black pepper'', that is clarity problems. Since this was an internet purchase it was nice to get VS2. But I think I could have gone down ito SI clarity and not noticed.
2) They are H and they look totally white to me and throw off good fire. That means I may not be a color sensitive person, or possibly only notice a difference in close comparison to other whiter diamonds. However that is irrelevant when they are in the ears!
1.gif

3) In my ears I don''t have any complaints they are too small! In other words they are beautiful. They have alot of presence. It is very nice to have the opportunity to upgrade, but no plans in the (near) future.
4) For anyone having concerns that the martini setting shows too much metal, it really is like having a nugget of diamond in your ear, very delicate, the diamond rides close to the ear. For those who like more metal then 4 prong basket would be the way to go. I also reallly like the bezel setting look as well, but had to make a decision or remain earringless.
5) Man I need to get a haircut!
Re. point 5...A buzz haircut highlights studs nicely! We have to do what we have to do for the sake of beautiful jewelry!

Enjoy your new earrings!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really apologize for the horrible pictures. For some reason whenever I try to reduce the file size the picture size gets huge and vice versa
33.gif

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
The pictures are huuuuuge
3.gif
, but all the better to show off those amazing earrings! They are the *perfect* size on your ears, they look amazing!

Wear them in good health and enjoy.
30.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really really sorry, it's like my computer is possessed. They don't look like this on my computer. I have asked the moderator to remove the large pictures.

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
We all love ear shots, so I resized that one for you!

part_gypsy_ear_shot.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! How did you do that? Could you resize and repost the 2 in the box pics as well? Pretty please?

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
I used IrfanView, a free photo editing program. Another good, free program is Paint.NET, which is slightly easier to use. A quick search will locate the download pages for either program. In both cases, the option to resize an image is called Resize or Resample. I resized your photo to 300 pixels (px) wide. Usually something between 300 and 500 pixels wide is appropriate for posting to a web page. Unfortunately, I can''t resize your other pictures for you, because they no longer show up in the thread.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
earring in box (hopefully)

inboxagain.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These earrings pack alot of punch!

earinboxfiretryagain.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results