carat
color
clarity

#TBT 3.075ct H VS1 RB DIAMOND IN VICTOR CANERA EMILYA HALO RING

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
Re: 3.075ct H VS1 RB DIAMOND IN VICTOR CANERA EMILYA HALO RI

bridgetshops|1351182054|3292190 said:
Frankie, (sp?) (I hope I got that right)

I am so new to PS it's not even funny, but what I wanted to do was reach out and say a big, massive, huge THANK YOU to you and your high expectations. I found Pricescope from Diamond Bistro from your posting of your VC setting. My fiance and I are going through a ring re-design for an OEC and it has been "no" after "no" after "no" when trying to find the right setting with the level of detail that I would like.

I loved the SK double halo, but when when I saw your comparison post, I quickly saw the details and knew that would bug me as well. Also, the tilt on the halo sold me. VC it was! And now with your newest ring, a bit more curved struts so it sits lower (I don't think I will go as curved as yours just due to the smaller size of my center stone) and the no space at the bottom--that is what I am looking for! However, I love the halo of your first VC (a touch larger stones but less of them) and my center diamond measures at about 8.5 mm. (A touch over 2 carats)

A combination of your first VC and your second VC ring is exactly what I am looking for and the details and the craftsmanship from VC are just incredible. I would never have found him if it wasn't for you (and I live in the Southeast, going to LA in a few weeks to meet with him)

Thank you for being (I hate to say "so picky" as that often sounds like a negative trait and it most certainly isn't) we'll say particular when it comes to the level of service and craftsmanship in your jewelry because it has really helped me. Enjoy your absolutely stunning, stunning ring!!

Hi Bridget !

i'm so glad my thread are helpful to your decision making ! :) please say hi to Victor when you see him and make sure you have him show you his new Canera cushion cut diamonds... they're gorgeous ! good luck on your resetting journey... Victor is really nice and patient and will for sure take care of you ! When you are in Victor's diamond district area, for sure go have an amazing meal at Baco Mercat, which is walking distance from his office, and so delicious... everything is farm to table !

my previous diamond also measured right at 8.5mm, so i am 100% agreeing with you to use 1.5mm halo viewed from top down - the same size as my previous setting ! can't wait to see photos of your new ring !

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

a few more hand shots... :halo:

vc2.jpg

vc1.jpg

vc_1a.jpg

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

LLJsmom|1351192486|3292294 said:
Hi Frankie,

I am new to pricescope, and have enjoyed so many pictures. Your halo is one of the most perfect halos I have ever seen. :love: Thank you for sharing so many pictures. The piece looks so seemless, (if that is the right word). The comparison of the before and after is terrific. I can definitely see the difference, even though you didn't make huge changes. How big is the original stone? I have looked at halos in real life and never really liked the way the looked on my finger, but I love them in pictures. I have so much trouble understanding why I love it on paper, but don't in real life. Often times, it seems like the melee stones are too big and overwhelm the center stone. On others, it seems like there is too much space between the center stone and the halo. After reading your thread, I realize that the most seemingly small details make all the difference in how the halo looks, like the size of the smaller stones, the number there are, how closely they are set to one another, and how closely they are set to the center stone. Maybe it really does need to be custom made. I have a 2.59 that I would really like to be reset into a halo. The stone is 8.74 x 8.77. Do you think that is big enough so that the center stone won't look small compared to the halo stones? How were you able to know you chose the right size small stones? Not to mention how clever of you to make the underside curve to bring the stone closer to your finger. That is such a great idea.

Really, just an amazing piece of jewelry. Thanks for sharing. :appl:

Hi LLJsmom, welcome to pricescope ! :wavey:

i think the essence of finding the perfect halo setting is really finding the perfectly fit halo for your center stone that is hand forged rather than being made from a cad/cast. This also means the jeweler must be skillful enough to create a perfect halo setting that is fluid, seamless, and custom fit to the center stone. The more halo's you see on PS the more you'd realize that the best looking halo's have no airline at all between the halo and the center stone, that the halo vs. center stone size is balanced, melee diamonds are tightly placed together, and minimal metal is visible.

my original stone was a 2.32ct RB (8.47mm x 8.49mm) paired with a 1.5mm halo viewed from top down... my original thread below contains all the detailed info :

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-rb-halo-ring-my-forever-setting-finally.164262/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-rb-halo-ring-my-forever-setting-finally.164262/[/URL]

here are also a couple of VC halo's on PS that has very similar specs as your diamond...

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-victor-canera-emilya-2-7-ct-with-band-and-custom-spacer.177752/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-victor-canera-emilya-2-7-ct-with-band-and-custom-spacer.177752/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-another-masterpiece-emilya-halo.175789/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-another-masterpiece-emilya-halo.175789/[/URL]

marchesa6989

Shiny_Rock

the workmanship is beautiful and intricate...and the diamond is FAB!!! loving the finger real estate there :wink2: having such a big input into the creation of the design has clearly paid off.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Frankie, I know this is not the appropriate thread but I know you're in NY. Hope you and your DH and other loved ones are safe and sound.

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

thanks Phoenix !

luckily DH and I do not live in the lower part of manhattan so we are safe at home stockpiled with food, snacks and water... starting to get cabin fever as we manhattanites cannot stand staying at home all day long ! :lol:

wall street area is under water and evacuated everyone living in that area! they also closed all 4 tunnels going in and out of manhattan ... we are now all on our own in this island ! i feel like we're in the batman movie !

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Frankie

I thought your last VC was perfection (as you know ;)) )

I have to say that both VC and your good self have taken the Emilya to another level of fabulousness!!

I adore it!! Wear that beauty in great health and happiness!!!!

:wavey:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Frankie, your other ring was phenomenal, but this one is even more gorgeous! I love the more curved struts and smaller halo melee. Just stunning!

vr4_rider

Rough_Rock

Just stunning!

D

Deactivated member 42515

frankiextah|1351484895|3294621 said:
a few more hand shots... :halo:

vc2.jpg

vc1.jpg

vc_1a.jpg

Ohhhhhhh wowwwww.... that close up picture is like BAMMMMMM! LOOK AT ME SUCKERS!!! It looks so amazing!!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

I don't know how I missed this thread but I love this ring .. it is perfection. I think it actually looks very different from your other VC ring but in a good way. It is truly perfection and I would replicate it in a heart beat with no changes at all.

Butterfly123

Shiny_Rock

Frankie, your ring is gorgeous! Thank you so much for posting comparison pictures because it made my decision who to go with, easier! Thank you again!

kpeasy34

Rough_Rock

Wow ..... THAT's a ring! Congrats!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I think you need to make a YouTube vid of this one. I have watched your previous vid more times than I should admit

Luxie

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful ring! I'm considering haloing my 2.6 RB (want more finger coverage) and I really covet your setting! Looks so pretty and HUGE on your hand! :love:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock

Frankie, that ring is pure perfection! I love love love the big center - small melee, it looks fantastic. Congrats on your gorgeous ring! :appl:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock

athenaworth|1353335362|3310070 said:
I think you need to make a YouTube vid of this one. I have watched your previous vid more times than I should admit
I second that!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful ring and I know that even 0.5 mm lower makes a big difference in terms of wearability. The step by step pictures never fails to amaze me.

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock

What a stunning ring!

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock

Heart palpitations. Seriously amazing!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

thank you so much again for the warm and sweet compliments everyone !

i too think that this latest version is even more fluid than the last, and i had a very hard time parting with my last setting !

it is ultimately you all that helped out with my decision process on this new diamond... i'm very happy to report that i am truly happy about the ring ! :appl:

(charmy, a compliment as such coming from you is the ultimate praise one can ask for !!!!)

if anyone is thinking of a similar setting do let me know if you would like to see more photos of certain angles / parts of the ring...

in the meantime, i have one more pic... :halo:

img_0121a.jpg

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

p.s. LOL re: youtube video :bigsmile:

one of these days i will post a video of this baby !

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Your last picture is simply stunning!! Every piece of metal looks right in place, and it definitely does have that fluid and graceful look. Love love love! :love: :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Frankie, that last pic you posted, commercial worthy!! Someone get me a bib!! :lol:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Pretty!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

Frankie, as always, it is absolutely stunning! :love:

MelSyd1302

Rough_Rock

Huge bump on this thread!

Frankie if you see this - I would love to know the size/proportions of the halo in your upgraded Emilya? I can't see it anywhere in the thread so excuse me if you have posted it!

kay1

Shiny_Rock

MelSyd1302|1371870580|3470314 said:

Frankie if you see this - I would love to know the size/proportions of the halo in your upgraded Emilya? I can't see it anywhere in the thread so excuse me if you have posted it!

Another bump! I'm having a very similar ring made and wondered about how the wedding band works with the pave on the donut. Also what were the new ring proportions :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kay1|1395343042|3638096 said:
MelSyd1302|1371870580|3470314 said:

Another bump! I'm having a very similar ring made and wondered about how the wedding band works with the pave on the donut. Also what were the new ring proportions :)

kay1, just search back on Frankie's historical posts. She gives a lot of details on the various halo settings that she has had. I think what you're looking for it there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results