shape
carat
color
clarity

Update (GOG & MWM)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2008 3:30:56 PM
Author: SilverLily
Wow, I am getting a little concerned about these stones coming from GOG lately. First Kenny's chipped one, then duckweber's bruised one, and now this one with a surface breaking feather. It concerns me that these stones are passing their inspection. I have a stone from GOG that I may upgrade in the future, and I never did get it appraised...I just trusted GOG's opinion. I guess in the future I will definitely get any new stone appraised.

I would be concerned about your diamond getting knocked and the feather turning into a chip! If you can return the stone, I would.
I recently purchased a stone from GOG that was appraised by a PS recommended independant appraiser for about twice what I paid for it and about 25% high than the appraisal GOG gave me for it...

To the OP, I'm glad to hear everything is working out for you!!! The new stone sounds lovely!

Michel

Rough_Rock
By the way , Ellen, this new stone is an Isee2; I should have got that in the first place instead of the Canadian one and taken your advice! :)

Anyway, 9.8 on the Isee2, I think this is going to be a beautiful.

Thanks for all the lovely wishes everyone!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
This is so exciting, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the finished product!
I, too, am another satisfied GOG customer and wanted to chime in and say
35.gif
. My stone is an SI2 and I have to strain to see the inclusion (feather).

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Michel, that''s great that everything''s been worked out--as a future consumer of MWM and probably of GOG too, I was paying close attention to this thread, and was not surprised in the least to see how well you were taken care of by both parties. Just excellent!!

Out of curiosity, which MWM setting are you going for?
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
All''s well that ends well.
2.gif

doctork

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/29/2008 5:40:36 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Michel, that''s great that everything''s been worked out--as a future consumer of MWM and probably of GOG too, I was paying close attention to this thread, and was not surprised in the least to see how well you were taken care of by both parties. Just excellent!!

Out of curiosity, which MWM setting are you going for?
1.gif

I''m in the exact same position and would love to hear what you have Mark working on!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, that is truly amazing customer service!
36.gif
i am thrilled that they have handled in such a way as to preserve your excitement over the purchase and upcoming proposal. best wishes!!!

Michel

Rough_Rock
Just to anwer your question: The setting is the Mark Morrel Petite Sunburst!

Michel

Rough_Rock
Just to anwer your question: The setting is the Mark Morrel Petite Sunburst!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
That''s some AMAZING service!!!! WOW!!! Glad all worked out!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
"I love it when a plan comes together"

- A. Team

Michel

Rough_Rock
First photos guys:

91ct_H-VS1_002s.JPG

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It''s gorgeous!! I''m sure your future fiancee will love it! Best wishes for the proposal!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
* sigh* absolutely stunning, major applause to Jon and Mark
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
*swoon*

Just as gorgeous as I knew it would be!! Thank you for coming back to post, she''s going to love it.

Don''t forget hand shots.
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
It''s BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! Oh, his work makes me sigh, every single time. Just perfect! She will LOVE it!
36.gif

And yes, please please PLEASE come back with handshots!!
30.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring :) I love a happy ending your soon to be FI will just SWOOOOOON when she sees it :)

Please post more pics when you have a chance :)

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Simply gorgeous ring. I have always loved fluid lines of his work.
Please do report back to us with hand shots of this beauty.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It''s stunning!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/29/2008 2:39:19 AM
Author: Michel
By the way , Ellen, this new stone is an Isee2; I should have got that in the first place instead of the Canadian one and taken your advice! :)

Anyway, 9.8 on the Isee2, I think this is going to be a beautiful.

Thanks for all the lovely wishes everyone!
I keep meaning to ask but have a terrible memory--what''s an Isee2?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gwendolyn, it is a brand name of diamond and they have a tool that measures brilliance which is also called ISee2.

The ring is beautiful!!!
30.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 10:11:09 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Gwendolyn, it is a brand name of diamond and they have a tool that measures brilliance which is also called ISee2.
Ahhh, got it! (couldn''t bring myself to say "ah, I see!") Thanks for the info!
1.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
When I first saw the pics, I said, "OOOOOOOOOH" out loud! What a fantastic stone in an amazing setting. Mark''s work is unmistakably fluid and polished. I love it! So happy everything turned out well for you.

Michel

Rough_Rock
Yes, Isee2 are a specific diamond cutter, based as most are in Antwerp.

Although we can and so always have debates as to cut quality, there are a brand that you can simply ''buy'' without having to do any real research whatsoever oncut and be guranteed a beauty.

They are all GIA EX or AGS 0, and within that, they have tighter requirements (though I cannot remember what they are).

The Isee2 machine is an alternative to some of the other devices that give an indication of fire, scintillation and brilliance; again, not fool proof but if it gets a high score, you cannot be disapointed.

I hope I won''t!

I see the ring in person on the 13th, when it comes to the UK, I propose on the 19th.

We''ll be staying here in Paris, if anyone is interested:

http://www.mrandmrssmith.com/luxury-hotels/france-hotels/paris-hotels/hotel-bourg-tibourg/

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 2:27:16 PM
Author: Michel
Yes, Isee2 are a specific diamond cutter, based as most are in Antwerp.

Although we can and so always have debates as to cut quality, there are a brand that you can simply ''buy'' without having to do any real research whatsoever oncut and be guranteed a beauty.

They are all GIA EX or AGS 0, and within that, they have tighter requirements (though I cannot remember what they are).

The Isee2 machine is an alternative to some of the other devices that give an indication of fire, scintillation and brilliance; again, not fool proof but if it gets a high score, you cannot be disapointed.

I hope I won''t!

I see the ring in person on the 13th, when it comes to the UK, I propose on the 19th.

We''ll be staying here in Paris, if anyone is interested:

http://www.mrandmrssmith.com/luxury-hotels/france-hotels/paris-hotels/hotel-bourg-tibourg/
Thanks for all the details--sounds like it''s going to be an AMAZING stone!! And speaking of amazing, that hotel looks GORGEOUS!!! I would loooooove to get engaged somewhere like Paris....mind sending my boyfriend an email to give him some pointers?
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results