shape
carat
color
clarity

my story...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Your ring looks beautiful! I''ve been working with Katie also, and I asked her just the other day if she had a more tulip-ey style head for the Tiffany knife-edge, and she sent me a pic that looks "remarkably" like yours, haha. I''m glad you had such a good experience with Katie, mine has been great although i''m sure i''ve been trying HER patience!

Can''t wait to see hand pics!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Elaineh, I feel for you girl! I keep checking to see hand shots of your ring, I''m so anxious for you to get it on your finger! I''m so sorry your wait is so agonizing............I would be flipping out if it were me waiting on that gorgeous ring! Mine should arrive tomorrow........I''m sooooooooo excited. Sounds like you''ve set off a stream of requests for these gorgeous adjustments to WF''s tiffany setting! Great job! :) And WF ROCKS for making the changes and not charging more! I think offering these variations will sell more of this setting for them. Ok, I''m going to keep a close eye on this thread and I have my fingers crossed that you get that ring on your paw SOON!!!!!!!!!!!

elaineh

Rough_Rock
happilyeverafter - thank you for your compliment.
5.gif
Katie is great, and I think I stretched her quite a great deal too.
emembarrassed.gif
Did you purchase a diamond yet? Which settings are you considering?

jenn5504 - omg! you''re going to get yours tomorrow?! pictures please!!! I''m very excited for you! yeah, seems like this "new" tiffany knife edge is becoming very popular. wonder if WF will offer me a little *something-something*
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring! I am sure the wait is agonizing...I hope that it is very soon!

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
elaineh, i haven''t picked out a diamond yet, i''m currently trying to decide on a setting. I''m looking at the 6 prong tiffany style knife from WF, with a few mods of course
9.gif
. I had originally asked them to do a shank as thin as AGBF''s ring (the one with the jackets) but they wouldn''t go that thin. Too bad, in my view the thinner the band, the bigger the diamond looks!
31.gif

Someone said somewhere that WF isn''t charging for mods anymore? I got a quote for mods from Katie
7.gif
but I was doing a lot more than the head-switch...

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Elaineh, I definitely think WF should "thank" you for these excellent suggestions you made to modify the tiffany setting! I am so grateful to your hard work; it has benefited me a lot! I just love the changes you made. The more "U" shaped base of the prongs makes such a difference. My ring was delayed a day.......they told me yesterday that the guys in production were not happy with the head and needed to do more work. Needless to say I got VERY nervous but the ring is done and the pictures came today and I''m thrilled with the finished product! I guess the production team at WF is still working on mastering this design. I will get the ring tomorrow!!!!

elaineh

Rough_Rock
happilyeverafter - i think a thinner shank gives the illusion of a bigger diamond too...
9.gif
but WF will only go so thin... *shrug* whao, a quote for mods? you must be doing a good amt of mods. i''m not sure about WF not charging extra for mods, but they didn''t charge me anything...and i''m pretty particular. hope everything works out for you.

jenn5504 - oh i''m glad someone benefited from my anal-ness.
25.gif
yeah, i think the "U" shaped base showcases the diamond so much better. your new diamond will look spectacular in that setting! i''m watching your thread very carefully too.
9.gif
one more day...

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Elaineh

My eye can''t discern the mods. Can you help me see them? I do love yours more...I just don''t know why.

I think the U''s that most call them...are more slender and yet are wider. I actually see W''s not U''s. Is that where I should focus? Thank you...

DKS

elaineh

Rough_Rock
Hi DKS.
If you look at my first three picture posts, you can see a difference at the base of the prong head between the original WF and mine. The original head has more metal at the base of the head and the prongs form more of a "V" or "W". I didn''t like the heavy metal look at the base becuase I was afraid it might cover too much of my small diamond. And it just looked too bulky to me. When comparing the real Tiff. & Co. and SC''s Tiff. style, I noticed the prongs are thinner, esp at the base. So I send lots of pics to WF and asked them to make the base of the prongs/head less "metally", telling them that it''s too thick. I also asked them to make the base, where the prongs meet, more of a "U", thus showcasing the cutlet of the diamond. I also asked them to make the prongs contour the diamond more, giving the head a "blossoming flower" look. There were a lot of back and forth, but I think that''s the basic idea. Sorry I''m not skilled enough to photoshop the pics here. I hope this helps.
Elaine
1.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh thankyou thankyou. Yes I see it now. Oh that is what I love about it. It just couldn''t figure out why! You are a talented one...and especially because they deemed your design merited a build! Woo Hoo!!

Thanks for taking the time to explain it. I want one now!

DKS

elaineh

Rough_Rock
DKS - thanks! you''re too kind.
5.gif

elaineh

Rough_Rock
another weekend and still no ring.
8.gif
*sigh* but i did make him let me play with it for a little bit.
9.gif
and take some pics for me to tie me over. he did a pretty good job. enjoy!

061707014a.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Some PICS...with an "S" I only see ONE PIC that is not plural. (it is lovely...just not enough).

More More More...I need my fix.

DKS

elaineh

Rough_Rock
i don''t know why the diamond looks yellow...
40.gif
it''s an F, and looks really white in person. it might be because his room is painted pale yellow, and the diamond is reflecting the colors on the wall?

elaineh

Rough_Rock
lol...DKS, you''re so quick! i''m still trying to pick another good one and resize it. let''s see...here''s another one.

061707024a.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! Don''t worry about that little bit of yellow in the diamond - it reflects wall (and light) colors, just like you guessed. More pictures please!

*M*

elaineh

Rough_Rock
last one for now. it''s blurry cuz i took it with my cell phone, but i love it. makes the diamond look bigger.
9.gif

06-02-07_1345.jpg

elaineh

Rough_Rock
oh...i forgot...i''m a size "big" 3.5

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2007 11:45:20 PM
Author: elaineh
oh...i forgot...i''m a size ''big'' 3.5
Lucky you, with those small fingers. Again, the ring is stunning and the stone is gorgeous. I have to say this setting is one of my faves, and WF did an excellent job with it. Enjoy!!!
30.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh love it. I am loving it! I am so thrilled for you...and even more thrilled for all of us!! You personally fixed the WF tiffany...Woo Hoo.

I am not loving that you itty bitty pinky size fingers...3.5!!! I wasn''t there that day when they handed out lady like fingers. But you were made to wear that rock! It looks huge on your itty bitty....pinkies!

DKS-oh, I don''t have my fill yet...so keep em coming

elaineh

Rough_Rock
DKS - you''re too funny. here''s another one, just for you.
2.gif
i''ll try to post more pics, but the wait might be as long as next weekend.
15.gif

just to clarify: i''m between a 3.5 and 3.75...so WF called my finger a "big" 3.5...i didn''t mean for it to sound snobby...
40.gif
sorry

061707001a.jpg

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
OH ELAINEH!!!!!!!!!! That ring looks AMAZING on your gorgeous little finger!!!!!! It IS HUGE. And looks really REALLY huge on your little finger! AWESOME. Simply stunning. I am forever grateful to your gorgeous taste and can''t wait for my ring twin to get this baby on her finger!
emotion-5.gif
So, maybe next weekend?????
36.gif

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
That is SO gorgeous - I just love the basket - actually, I like it better than the actual Tiffany! It does remind me a lot of the Mark Morrell sunburst setting. Just lovely!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the new handshots, it''s really a stunning ring!!!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
.........just sitting here wondering if that aMaZiNg ring is officially on your gorgeous little finger yet...........
35.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait too! Love the new pictures! It''s absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif
Can''t wait to see more pictures!

elaineh

Rough_Rock
thanks for thinking about me jenn
5.gif
but no, i don''t have it yet. it''s ok cuz he told me that he talked to my parents already, and it went well. after he told me that, i was soooo relieved. i''m really happy my parents approve, and i think most of my anxiety is from that. i don''t really mind the wait now. i''m actually enjoying it....isn''t that weird?! i wonder what he has up his sleeve?!
19.gif

thanks snlee! your set is one of favorites...if i haven''t told you that already. i just love it....beautiful!!!
30.gif
i was hoping my 1.2 will look as big as yours...but it''s not even close. i love your long, slender fingers!

elaineh

Rough_Rock
thanks krissie! you''re so sweet. i was thinking the other day that the basket can still be mod. alittle more to look more like the actual Tiffany''s, but after your comment, i don''t think i want to modify it anymore.
1.gif

thanks kc...i love your five stone ring too.
30.gif
30.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 2:08:19 AM
Author: elaineh
thanks snlee! your set is one of favorites...if i haven't told you that already. i just love it....beautiful!!!
30.gif
i was hoping my 1.2 will look as big as yours...but it's not even close. i love your long, slender fingers!
Awww, thanks elaineh! What are you talking about!? Your diamond looks huge on your finger too! We are very similar. I also wear a size 3.5 and my diamond is a 1.23 F.
2.gif

This may be a bit early, but have you thought about what wedding band you'll be wearing with your beautiful solitaire?

Glad you're enjoying the wait, as it only happens once in your life! Soon you'll be engaged!
36.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Elaineh, is that ring on your finger yet?
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results