shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Hooker emerald brooch. This splendid 75-carat Colombian emerald, on loan from the Smithsonian, was displayed as part of the GIA’s “Celebrating Excellence in Gems and Jewelry” show, which opened in conjunction with the Symposium.

gia_museum_hooker.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Sapphire necklace. The Sri Lankan sapphire in this necklace weighs over 50 carats. It features beautifully cut and matched diamonds. YUM

gem_vault_sapph_neck.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
liz and a really big diamond!
jenna

taybur.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2008 9:45:38 AM
Author: Sithathoriunet
Hooker emerald brooch. This splendid 75-carat Colombian emerald, on loan from the Smithsonian, was displayed as part of the GIA’s “Celebrating Excellence in Gems and Jewelry” show, which opened in conjunction with the Symposium.
The Hooker emerald is one of the best emeralds in the world, and one of my favorites. The only thing I''m not quite so sure I like about it is the name! Ha!

Wow, I can''t believe Elizabeth Taylor sold off her emerald ring. It makes me a bit sad, but I''m glad to know at least it went for a good cause. Michael Jackson bought her an emerald necklace as a gift, but it can''t compare to her Columbian emerald necklace.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here''s her necklace i saw a post earlier of her with this one...how lovely.
jenna

pearlDM1205_228x283.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
this crown is one of my favorites...but then, who could resist the eye candy?

NorEmeralds.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
lovely diana and her gorgeous pearls!

Diaffna.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have this book, and it''s a great huge coffetable book with tons of detailed pictures of much of her great Jewels. I really think after she passes (let''s not hope for many years to come), her jewels should be put on display at a museum like the Smithsonian. Her collection is very important.

The ruby ring that Richard Burton got her is magnificent. He scoped for the perfect ruby for years, and it''s a huge Burma pigeon blood red ruby. I think that piece is worth the entire collection of Harry Winston! Ha!

taylorbook.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and just for the fun of it, here are some beautiful loose rubies i found a pic of...maybe one day they may end up in a royal piece..or maybe on one of our fingers?
i''d go for any of them..:)
jenna enjoy!

ag_fig06.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
18 months ago: The ''Tiffany Diamond, Bird on a Rock'' brooch made of ruby, gold, platinum, white and yellow diamonds, and featuring the Tiffany Diamond, bottom, of over 128 carats, one of the largest and finest yellow diamonds in the world, is seen in this file photo from June 20, 2006. One of the world''s largest yellow diamonds, the stone is on loan to the Smithsonian''s National Museum of Natural History from Tiffany & Co., from Wednesday through Sept. 23. It joins such famed jewels as the Hope Diamond, Hooker Emerald and Oppenheimer Diamond.

340x.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and one more of that piece.

34d0x.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
this is the hooker diamond necklace...i[''m just findign all of these pieces for the first time..i knew of the emerlad, but there are more! yay!

36273259.HookerDiamondNecklace.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here is another from the hooker collection, btw, i agree the name isn''t good. but the jewels are!

diamond-hooker-nedcklace.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
blurry, but here''s another view

minsci_tour_36.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of Queen Marie Antoinette''s jewelry still exists. The pearls in this necklace belonged to her

The pearls in this necklace once belonged to Marie Antoinette, and were later combined with rubies and diamonds to create the piece. Christie''s London estimated the necklace''s value at between 350,000-400,000, but it did not sell at a 2007 auction.

MA_pearls.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
ooooooooooooooooooooooo! look what i found! a pic of the ruby necklace of Crown Princess Mary of Denmark!

DenRubyNeck.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here are the rest of that set..:)

DenRubyParure.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the infamous "Affair of the Diamond Necklace." This necklace also inspired a film of the same name staring Joley Richardson as Marie Antoinette (I have to see that movie).

One piece of particular interest in the collection is the infamous diamond necklace that many falsely attributed to the Queen’s excessive lifestyle. Although she refused this necklace as a gift on more than one occasion, "The Affair of the Diamond Necklace" became one of the biggest scandals marring her tenure as Queen. On display at the Legion of Honor, visitors can marvel at the 540 diamond jeweled necklace up close and in person.

scandalous_necklace.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all these pictures of emeralds, except that none of them really show the true velvety green beauty of the stones. You can just imagine how incredible they are in person!!

BTW, the Hooker Emerald was my computer wallpaper for a long time (until I had kids and they became my wallpaper).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really liked when Diana wore the emerald choker as a headband.
There's a picture of it earlier on in this thread.

I also liked when she wore the dress with the low back, and let a long strand of pearls hang down her back as well.

She always did interesting things with jewelry.

My goodness, she was so photogenic. Was there ever a bad picture of her, or did she ever have a "bad hair day?"

There's an upcoming film starring Keira Knightly called "The Duchess" about one of Diana's ancestors, "The Duchess of Devonshire." She was an 18th century duchess. I'll be looking forward to the jewelry recreations in that film.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Duchess. I think Keira looks a lot like Diana as well.

the-duchess-trailer.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 9:47:17 AM
Author: Sithathoriunet
liz and a really big diamond!

jenna
The big diamond is the Taylor-Burton weating 69 ct. Richard Burton purchased the diamond for Elizabeth Taylor. After their divorse it was auctioned in 1978. The current owner is Robert Mouawad, who had the diamond recut to 68 carats.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
About the Hooker diamond necklace(what a funny name) I have seen the jewel before, but I knew it as The Napoleon (diamond) necklace never Hooker. Here it's exhibited with a turquoise tiara also from the french crown jewels.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I think that ther is a problem with the opening so I''ll post the image.

P1010662.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
ßpecially for you Sithathoriunet - The ruby parure worn by princess Mary of Denmark

DWF15715025.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2008 10:09:11 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I have this book, and it''s a great huge coffetable book with tons of detailed pictures of much of her great Jewels. I really think after she passes (let''s not hope for many years to come), her jewels should be put on display at a museum like the Smithsonian. Her collection is very important.

The ruby ring that Richard Burton got her is magnificent. He scoped for the perfect ruby for years, and it''s a huge Burma pigeon blood red ruby. I think that piece is worth the entire collection of Harry Winston! Ha!
I looked through this book at a local book store one time (I was there gift wrapping for a few hours one day) and loved all the gorgeous jewels Liz Taylor has in there.

I love seeing all these wonderful pieces of jewelry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results