shape
carat
color
clarity

Best of PS - 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you believe it''s December? So I thought I''d get a jump on this (since I am going away for most of the month) and start the "Best of Pricescope 2007 thread!"

For those of you who missed it, here is Best of PS - 2006.

As with last year, the idea is:

"What are some of the best threads you remember from 2007? Could be the funniest, the most poignant, the most thought provoking, the most enabling, whatever. Let''s keep it positive (i.e. not the most irritating thread or anything) and remind ourselves why we love PS and hang out here so much."

Some of the ones that pop out in my mind...

-Robbie''s stint as a flower girl - found here and here
-LOVE the Royal Jewels thread...informative and blingy!
-Some of my fave projects are alj''s bezel studs!
-And of course, the gals over at the Pregger PSers thread!

There are more, but I thought I''d let everyone else take a stab at it!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
well when it comes to PS there is nothing here that ceases to amaze me anymore... so few thoughts of mine...

the California fires
getting a few new additions around here on the forum (the mod squad)
the various interior decorating threads
the celeb bling thread
the workout thread (even though I dont always participate)
the multiple threads on upgrades
and all the thread dedicated to new jobs, interviews and college exams...
oh and lets not forget the vents on the LIW board...

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is something I want to mention, but its not a specific thread....

I have always really wanted to go to the Caribbean, but I never went. I am really scared of flying, of getting sick and of being a long way away from home.

We have been looking at where to go for our honeymoon for quite some time now. Jamaica kept coming up and I couldn''t quite bring myself to agree.

Then I read TG''s sig at the bottom of her posts.

Travel quote of the week: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn''t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

I suddenly realised that I am wasting all this time staying home and not getting out and seeing the world. It made me think how exciting it could be.

So, we are renewing our wedding vows on our anniversary in September 08, then off to Jamaica in April 09!!

I can''t wait!!!

Thank you TG!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2007 3:41:44 PM
Author: Maisie
So, we are renewing our wedding vows on our anniversary in September 08, then off to Jamaica in April 09!!

I can''t wait!!!

Thank you TG!!
Way to Go, Maisie! How exciting!

I was born in Jamaica and visit quite regularly. It is beautiful there and you will have a great time!

Make sure to go to Negril. It has the most beautiful beaches/sand in the world. Your husband and you are guaranteed a good time! Yay!
36.gif

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sure this is mostly specific to me, but the Ragdoll threads introduced me to these gorgeous cats. I''ll have my very own on December 28th!
9.gif

Here is one of my favorite threads about them.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
For the sheer soap opera of it all, I'd have to vote for Becky's final thread.
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/we-need-a-new-listkeeper.65975/

But I feel sort of dirty about it. After all, it WASN'T a soap opera. It is someone's life.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2007 12:20:10 PM
Author:TravelingGal
Can you believe it''s December? So I thought I''d get a jump on this (since I am going away for most of the month) and start the ''Best of Pricescope 2007 thread!''

For those of you who missed it, here is Best of PS - 2006.

As with last year, the idea is:

''What are some of the best threads you remember from 2007? Could be the funniest, the most poignant, the most thought provoking, the most enabling, whatever. Let''s keep it positive (i.e. not the most irritating thread or anything) and remind ourselves why we love PS and hang out here so much.''
Drat. And I had just the dozen or so all ready to post.
27.gif
9.gif
2.gif

This one came to mind first. It''s diamondsmittens, and it was such a tragic, yet ultimately positive thread.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2007 3:41:44 PM
Author: Maisie
I suddenly realised that I am wasting all this time staying home and not getting out and seeing the world. It made me think how exciting it could be.

I can''t wait!!!

Thank you TG!!
Good for you! You are gonna LOVE it Maise.
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

DoorKnobSolitaire''s story about the loss of her stone, was heartbreaking. Yet she never gave anyone a reason to pity her--she acted with such grace. A true class act. Not to mention was very amusing.....
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Geez. Now that I think of it ... there HAVE been a lot of sad-but-ultimately-uplifting or just plain old sad threads this year. Why is it all the sad ones are jumping out at me, as opposed to last year when all I could think of were people''s weddings & projects & fancy new blingies.

Agree w/: Becky P, Diamondsmitten, DKS. Would add: Gypsy''s mom, Stmdr''s job hunt, The passing of RockDoc, So many ill pets & family members & accidents & layoffs -- and fairy dust needed. Facetfire''s Wedding 2.0. Custom-Gone-Wild. Goodbye L&I (and others). Steven Kretchmer''s fatal motorcycle crash. Multiple diamond heists in the news. Royal Asschers cease production? Some fave posters slip into lurkdom.

Bling-wise:
Gypsy''s Halo Landed!
18.gif
Invasion of the Rolling Rings & Bezel Studs & DBY necklaces.
30.gif
Cushions aplenty! Asscher-regret.
8.gif
What ever happened to Fanboy & his Leon? We may never know ...

4.gif
Weird year.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
My Top 5:

1. LadyAmythyst's Royal Jewels thread. Hands down! x
36.gif

2. OH OH OH, and Jesiccam's fake out. That was amusing.
3. The No Dogs Allowed thread. All the kitties!! x
4. The Christmas Avatar thread because I got to make so many PSers happy! x
5. Annnnd the Celebrity Bling thread. They have what I want
2.gif
x

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2007 7:43:09 PM
Author: decodelighted
What ever happened to Fanboy & his Leon? We may never know ...
HI:

Yes, the threads that garnered a lot of serious poster input, but never came to fruition? There was another--the HW, Cartier, Tiffany one--but I cannot recall the OP''s name.

oh and I *almost* love my asscher eternity ring more than my er--who knew?

cheers--Sharon

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I like the fire thread in rocky talky, and the eye candy thread with all the board''s bling in show me the ring.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I think this is the year I joined the WWT. That''s been a lot of fun!
There have been so many amazing bling additions to PS this year it is hard to recall! It''s fun watching the PS trends too, like how several people got the bellerina pendant or the FG custom bezel settings!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean about the high drama/crazy soap opera threads, IndyGal. All of those threads stick out to me, too. I guess I like drama...sad but true!

The most memorable/faves for me:

-Gypsy''s ring! I haven''t been here as long as Gypsy''s been looking for a setting but I love it when people get something after waiting patiently for so long!
-Firegoddess''s bezel earrings...that''s why I now have mine!
9.gif

-DKS''s lost diamond thread.
6.gif
But DKS handled it so well, as usual! You have such a great sense of humor and a great attitude!
-Cehra''s ring being completed and all the drama surrounding it. I do miss her!
-Maisie and all her upgrades! I love that you go for it and your husband must be such a doll!
-Surfgirl getting her gorgeous ring! I was a little worried that you weren''t going to get it, Surf! I just get this sick feeling in my stomach when I don''t get something I really want so I think that''s why I was kind of worrying about it before you got it!
-Speaking of "Serfs" I LOVED the high drama Fanboy thread. Wonder if he still lurks.
-Diamondfan''s GORGEOUS movie star diamond necklace...I''ll need one as well for when I''m a fancy grown up!
3.gif

I''m sure I''ll think of way too many more once I post, but those came to mind first!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the Week Workout Thread.

The emoticons thread. That thread cracked me up and of course Ellen and Lorelei!!!!

The Holiday avatar thread. heheee Yay Nebe and TravelingG; I love Deco's avatar (too funny)!!!

The traveling eye candy thread Harriet made for all us daydreaming about vacations. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/travel-eye-candy.61276/

Our new admin/mod Andrey and Ali!
35.gif

All the pictures of people vacations; it is so much fun to live vicariously through them. hehee

I love being part of this big PS family good and tough times; I love that we all want the best for each other!!!
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie, I am SO happy to hear that! You will have a wonderful time...I get so joyous when people embrace travel!

I had been changing my travel quote every week for a period, but then saw that one and just really loved it, so I haven''t changed in some time and will probably keep it for awhile longer.

Deco, you''re right...it''s been a weird year. Maybe so weird that it eclipsed some of the nicer threads around here...but they do exist!

One of my favorite engagement''s was Mandarine''s. She so wanted to get engaged, but somehow stayed sane and retained her sense of humor about it. I always enjoy all the engagements, but this one stood out for me for 2007.

It didn''t take off like I thought it would, but there were some really funny moments in Selkie''s Post your least favorite wedding pics

There were a few threads on food, including Food Confessions started by Gypsy that were pretty interesting!

I''ll have to come back with a more complete list of my fave PS 2007 projects. There are quite a few!!!

GoingCrazy

Rough_Rock
HI all! This is my first post as I am a LONG time lurker.
I am just dying to know, what was the jessicam fake out?
Did I miss all that?

Anyway I love to come here and feel like you all are part of a great big wonderful family that truly supports and cares for each other.
12.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 2:53:14 PM
Author: GoingCrazy
HI all! This is my first post as I am a LONG time lurker.
I am just dying to know, what was the jessicam fake out?
Did I miss all that?

Anyway I love to come here and feel like you all are part of a great big wonderful family that truly supports and cares for each other.
12.gif
Welcome GoingCrazy!

Yes, you did, and it''s really not worth mentioning, IMHO.

Trying to focus on the GOOD threads of PS this year!
1.gif

GoingCrazy

Rough_Rock
Ok, well I was just curious.

But I would have to go with the pregnant thread as my fave.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2007 9:34:49 PM
Author: thing2of2

-Surfgirl getting her gorgeous ring! I was a little worried that you weren't going to get it, Surf! I just get this sick feeling in my stomach when I don't get something I really want so I think that's why I was kind of worrying about it before you got it!
thing2, I have long wanted to thank you - sincerely - for your support during that saga. You and lumpkin kept checking in to see what was happening and it meant more to me than you will ever know since it was touch and go for a bit there. So thank you sweetie, from the bottom of my heart!

I'm fairly new here compared to most, but I also remember the drama threads where the PS community put in a lot of time, energy and thought towards someone's post and then nothing ever happened. Oh well.

I also remember the drama over some folks posts but that's to be expected when such a wide spectrum of people post on one site.

I also remember the very sad couple of posts on the BWW and LIW threads and hope those ladies are doing well and are finding joy in their new lives.

Most of all, I think I spend way too much time online here but there's a reason why...there are so many great threads to participate in!

ETA: I wanted to give a shout out to the BWW forum and all the good folks there who ever posted on my threads. As a bride "eloper", I wasn't feeling much like a real bride until I stumbled onto that forum and people were so nice and helpful and supportive. You all made me feel like a real bride. And I thank you for that! Where else can you post a photo of you in a bridal gown and people will tell you straight out, "it looks like a nightgown!" Seriously, BWW should be a TV show!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
My favorite has been the births of all the new babies around here. It''s so fun to see the girls who I was in eager excitement for their upcoming weddings now starting to branch out their family trees. It''s so cute. I haven''t been around all that regularly this year, and when I popped online and saw Tacori''s BEAUTIFUL ultrasound/sonogram (which is it, by the way?) picture of her little darling, I just melted.

My favorite threads are the ones of progression as we all grow up and learn and explore.

I also like watching the icons of Ms. Sandiego Lady change. She''s so pretty, and each one is so much cuter than the last.

I also like reading the posts between Storm and Wifey. They''re cuteness, for sure, for sure!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
aww TG, you''re so sweet for remembering my engagement!!!.

I''m still on Cloud 9...haha. You guys helped keep me sane and make fun of my own impatience (with the engagement chicken!!). Now I look back and I think it happened exaclty when it needed to happen!!
9.gif

- A not happy but important thread for me was the whole dog attack ordeal: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/attacked-by-neighbors-rottweiler.56020/

- I always love all the Christmas threads and the home design threads!.

- I love all the threads that have to do with anything about being creative and different in the BIW forum (invites, dresses, decor, themes, etc).

- The workout thread...even though I don''t post frequently, I do check it and get great tips and it always helps to keep motivation up!.

And of course....Robbie''s flower girl thread, just way too funny!!

M~

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 1:15:09 PM
Author: TravelingGal
It didn''t take off like I thought it would, but there were some really funny moments in Selkie''s Post your least favorite wedding pics

Geeeee thanks.. you had to bring up that thread... LOL.. yes it was hysterical..but I think it includes what is quite possibly the MOST embarrassing photos of me (yes yes.. all of you go look now!!!)... yes.. I know I posted them.. but I like you was hoping it would TAKE right off... and others would join in and be embarrassed like me.. but alas it was not meant to be...
emembarrassed.gif

My FAVE thread of the year.. is the Preggo thread.. only because I soooo want to be preggo.. and the ladies there are soo amazingly supportive, especially when my best friend experienced tragedy.

I also loved discovering that Surfgirl and I share the same love/obsession for all things Sprinkles Cupcakes (you still rock, even if you DONT share my love of the dark chocolate cupcake.. crazy!!!... we found that out in the Travel EyeCandy thread... that revelation was somewhat travel related.. right??? back me up Surfgirl... we had to TRAVEL to get there...

And yes Mandarine... while not exactly a positive thing... your Dog attack thread had me hanging on everyday.

All the girlies in the BWW... you all rock... and helped to keep me sane while I was planning my March wedding!!

And.. lastly.. I super duper puffy
emlove.gif
anything DKS related.. girl.. you crack me up!!! without fail..you always leave me in stitches.. and you have such a warm tender heart...

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 10:11:47 PM
Author: Jaders731

I also loved discovering that Surfgirl and I share the same love/obsession for all things Sprinkles Cupcakes (you still rock, even if you DONT share my love of the dark chocolate cupcake.. crazy!!!... we found that out in the Travel EyeCandy thread... that revelation was somewhat travel related.. right??? back me up Surfgirl... we had to TRAVEL to get there...

All the girlies in the BWW... you all rock... and helped to keep me sane while I was planning my March wedding!!
Yes dear, we did/do have to travel there to get our cupcakes so it''s "travel related"! I forgot to say that Jaders wedding photo thread was my fav wedding photo thread...gorGEOUS photos there sweetheart!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS has so many wonderful stories and so many wonderful people it''s hard to pick out just a few.

I love the WWT thread. Everyone is so awesome, positive and supportive.

Other threads I read a lot are:

Celebrity bling
Royal jewels
I like to browse through the posts looking at everyone''s jewelry

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I happen to love this post by chiefneil, what a wonderful example of the male perspective on things that us women worry about to no end
2.gif
-

"Wow, women really have a completely different set of social mores than men. I would do absolutely nothing. No card, no gift, nothing. Even if you receive a written invitation on paper handmade by Tibetan monks and delivered by male stripper courier. Sending a gift to someone I had cut off for good reason would make me feel like a doormat. If my DW sent a gift to someone she actively disliked we''d probably have quite a fight over not only wasting good money, but for her actively laying down in the road so her "frenemy" could wipe their feet on her shirt. This is one guy''s view, clearly the majority of women feel differently and you''ll do what you perceive to be best.
Also don''t worry about your hubby''s relationship. Guys have our own thing going on, generally unaffected by female politics. I''m willing to bet money that your hubby couldn''t care less if you sent a card or gift. Her hubby might, but only to the extent that he has to listen to his wife''s complaining about you. It won''t affect his relationship with your DH, though. And if for some strange reason your DH does care about sending a baby gift, let him do it if it''s so important to him (and tell him his Man Card is revoked)."

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
The Preggo thread is one of my favorites this year, as is the Travel eye-candy one.

Another favorite is the HOW DO YOU FAGE?? what a classic!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results