shape
carat
color
clarity

Al''s leverback earrings - at last!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Most of you already know the story on this one.....I wanted leverback earrings that dangle and swing instead of stationary as most leverbacks are.

Here is the end result.....couldn''t be happier with them. As you can see, Brian''s crew did an AMAZING job at capturing the ''line'' and flow of the arch I wanted to see in the basket. I''m a yellow gal, but I bet these would be stunning in white too!

What the pictures can''t capture is how they MOVE and swing on the ear......SWOONABLE! These are .75 each, H, SI2s.

I''ll try to get some pictures on a holder or something later, but this is the best I could muster for now....couldn''t wait to share!

Al lever earrings1.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

Al lever earrings2.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

Al lever earrings3.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
.....this really shows off the deep swooping line I hoped for!

Al lever earrings4.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al lever earrings5.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
..........a little CD action
2.gif

Al lever earrings6.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
on the ear shots.....

ETA - WHOOPS - forgot the pic.....will add below.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
.......on the ear shots....

Al levers ontheear3.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
...........Last one for now until I get home!

Al levers ontheear1.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was digging up old earring threads yesterday and came across a few you''d posted about the diamonds that would eventually become these leverbacks.

I LOVE THEM!!!!

Sheesh, you''ve already got me thinking this is what I want to do when *someday* I upgrade my 0.8 ctw baby bezels I just got.

Can you post more pics of the intersection between the leverback and the diamond? I''d love to see what they did to get those babies to swing, swing, swing.

36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my lord Al, those are MARVELOUS!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I just love the "jiggle" in your earrings!
2.gif

I bet those babies light up the room!!
10.gif

What a great improvement on a classic style or earring.
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, they look terrific AL. Love the swoopy design. Just gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG - those are SUPER FABULOUS Aljd and yay for yellow gold too!! Congratulations, they really turned out well!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
FG - sure, would be happy to, but it''s gonna have to be later in the weekend......I did these over lunch at work (SICK, I know!) and I gotta get some work done!

I will be home all day Sunday, though, and will do.

Essentially, two things really contribute to the swing......

1. They are properly engineered for balance, so they sit correctly. They move with my head.....if I were to shake my head "no", they move swing pendulum style.

2. The jump rings were also well done. I asked to have them made small enough that it didn''t give a "snowman" appearance......I didn''t want the jump ring to be as noticeable as the stone....wanted the stone to take center stage. They graciously made this adjustment to make the jump rings smaller, and they are PERFECT now.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

FYI - Brian fell in love with these when they were finished, so you''ll be seeing these as a new offering from them soon.

He was, though, a bit dismayed that I''ve now planted a seed in Lesley''s mind.....she was telling me this gave her some very bad ideas!!!!!
11.gif
11.gif
31.gif
I''m pretty sure they''ll do them in white, too, seeing that''s what most folks would prefer.

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
Love, love, LOVE those! Awesome size and design! Congrats!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 1:47:36 PM
Author: aljdewey
FG - sure, would be happy to, but it''s gonna have to be later in the weekend......I did these over lunch at work (SICK, I know!) and I gotta get some work done!

I will be home all day Sunday, though, and will do.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Date: 7/20/2007 1:47:36 PM
Author: aljdewey
FYI - Brian fell in love with these when they were finished, so you''ll be seeing these as a new offering from them soon.
Double sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
36.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Al- I don''t care for leverbacks because they are stationary, so your swingin'' blingin'' fab earrings are TO DIE FOR!!
3.gif
30.gif
36.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

SDL, DeeJay, SuzyQ, Kaleigh, Lorelei, Nicky, Feb03bride - thanks SO much for your very kind comments. So nice to share the fun with gals who get the obsession! LOL

FG, here is some more detail on how they swing......you can see how the jump ring on the leverback piece connects to the jump ring affixed to the basket (on the prong).....

(sorry for the stray fuzz, but the fabric board it's fixed to is loaded with em!)

howdoesitswing2.jpg.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Another view of how it''s connected.....

howdoesitswing.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Oooooooooooooooooooo
31.gif

swingingcolors.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another fabbo pic! I would love a pair of those, I really think they are beautiful, so great news they might be an option from WF!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

yum....money shot just added.....
18.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the pics. I wondered how the basket connected to the jump ring but I see it now. It''s attached to one of the prongs with the prongs being set at 12-3-6-9 instead of the usual 11-2-5-7. Great job.
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh those turned out even better than I could have imagined!!! WF did a fabulous job bringing your vision to life...love them!!!
30.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Al, I love your earrings!! WF will be getting my business when they offer those earrings!! CONGRATS, they are beautiful!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
You KNOW I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
The perfect blend of dangly and sparkly! Congratulations on your earrings and happy ear lobes
2.gif

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Love, love, love ''em!! I''m a big leverback fan, and those are deeeeevine!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
seriously yummy!!! they look massive on your ears too which is fabulous!

i love that CD picture, wow the diamonds are so crisp looking. i wanna upgrade!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Alj!!! Homina homina homina - totally swoonable.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results