shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
This just in: my cycle is fully jacked this month. Fully. So sad. Today''s temp was like 79.29, incredibly LOW for me and crazy. I wonder if I''ll ever get stinkin crosshairs now. CD23.

Even if I take off the CM from all days (in case I''m interpreting incorrectly), nothing changes.

Bleh, for sure.

Yeah, I know that having a baby will not be the cause of recovery for Martha, but I still feel like if I could just do that one thing for her... it''s just me wishing I could do more, I think, and feeling even more unable to control things like I''d like to.

Okay, it''s like 20 degrees here. Insane. I''m freezing all the time these days. And it''s not even winter yet. Anyone else have a hard time getting out of bed when it''s all snuggly cozy and the room feels like an ice box? Hmph. Makes for a very grumpy wake up around here!

fishchartIVCD23.GIF

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Fisher, I hear ya...it is 40 degrees here this morning...super cold for Florida! Makes it tough to get out of bed for sure!

Thanks ladies for all the fingers crossed. I really think this could be the month, but I''m trying not to get too excited just yet because disappointment is not fun. Anyway, still no signs of AF and it is day 35 of my cycle. I know for a fact that I ovulated this month because I had an ultrasound done and she confirmed that there was a tiny cyst on one ovary and said that is from ovulation this month. Soooo, it is just hurry up and wait now since hubby gets home from his business trip Friday. I can''t wait!

Hope everyone else is having a great morning. Anyone else testing anytime soon?

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Fisher,

Your MIL is so lucky to have you as a DIL! When I first read your post, you''d mis-typed your temp. I thought you were dead! But looking at your chart I see that it''s 97, not 79. :) That gave me a good laugh. Maybe this is an ovulation dip for you!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck Steph!!!!

I'm testing the weekend after Thanksgiving so, I've got quite a wait. I think I O'd today according to FF and hoping to get one more BD session in tonight, but we'll see since we BD'd after midnight last night. My temps are probably a little messed up because our bedroom has been so cold lately. We turn the heat off when we're ready for bed because after BD it gets so freak'n hot in there so, by the time I wake up, it's chilly.

I agree with Festy, Fisher that dip could be your ovulation dip so, I wouldn't worry.

I'm rooting for everyone who is testing, o'ing, knitting and waiting to O!
36.gif
36.gif

CD 21

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Good Morning Ladies...

We have reached page 200! Woohoo!
36.gif
Hopefully we won't reach 250 because we all get preggo! lol

Anyway,

Fisher -- I'm sorry your chart is so jacked up! Mine is way off this month too...kinda sucks because you just don't know what is going on. And your friend calling her unborn baby a disease...a little weird, but I'm trying not to judge her until I've had m/s myself. But for the record, I still couldn't imagine doing that.

Amber -- Your cousin's situation is a bit weird. Yeah, weird lol.

Steph -- Good luck on Friday!

Peony & Ebree -- Shout outs to you two! Thinking of you ladies!

November --Been to the doc yet? any updates?

To all my cycle buddies and everyone else -- I hope this is all of our months! Wouldn't it be great so set some sort of PS TTC record and all of us get KTFU this month. I'm cheering for us all.

As for me...CD 16. I *should* O tomorrow so the BD continues
9.gif
. My DH is thrilled with all the BD and is really interested in the whole TTC process. He asks me my temp every morning (although he is half asleep) and wants to look at my chart daily so I consider myself pretty lucky.
1.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
This has been an extraordinarily annoying cycle. And frankly, I''m just feeling down and annoyed

This morning, I woke up around 3a.m. and had to use the bathroom. Didn''t temp, as it was way too early. Well, normally, I temp at 6, but since that wouldn''t be enough steady sleep, I changed my alarm to 7. I had some trouble falling asleep but I finally did.

I woke up a bit before 7 and my temp was insanely high. 97.92. Which makes me think this temp is no good either.

I''m so frustrated, because I feel like DH and I did everything we could (no DTD yesterday though, apparently 5 in a row is our max) and I don''t have the foggiest idea what is going on and I think my cycle is entirely jacked up. And we totally burnt ourselves out...

SO I don''t know. I''m just ready to throw in the towel for this cycle.

I went out and bought some O test strips...just to see if it looks like I''m about to or not. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. The OPK was negative. So I guess I''ve O''d. Whatever.

Anyway, I am not a happy cycle buddy. At all.

Hope everyone else is having a better morning than I.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
LL - what cycle day are you and when do you normally O? The high temp could just mean that you did in fact O - I wouldn''t throw it out because I think you got enough sleep in there to have a pretty accurate reading.

Festy

Shiny_Rock
LL, Like BB says, I wouldn't throw that temp out. It sounds like you got enough sleep. And hey, FWIW, 97.92 was my exact temp this morning too!! Really! (Now this was on the second try, as on the first one my BBT crapped out on me and decided to turn off. So it might have been a little high, but it is what it is.)

And you've done all you can this cycle, so even though you don't feel like it, you and DH have earned a pat on the back.

CD 18/ 5 DPO

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
LL -- I agree with Blushing and Festy. 3-4 hrs is plenty of sleep to get an accurate temp so maybe it''s high because you have O''d. Don''t be so hard on yourself. You''ve done all you could. I totally get being annoyed and frustrated though. Feel better chica!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your replies guys. They made me all teary! I''m a mess! I think we are going to do EOD for sure next cycle. Because apparently, every day makes me coocoo for cocopuffs. Ugh.

BB - My O date changes - but I have pretty consistently O''d between CD 14 and 17. I''m CD 19 today. I''m not sure when I O''d the cycle post m/c, because I didn''t chart that month.

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 11:58:51 AM
Author: littlelysser
Thanks for your replies guys. They made me all teary! I''m a mess! I think we are going to do EOD for sure next cycle. Because apparently, every day makes me coocoo for cocopuffs. Ugh.

BB - My O date changes - but I have pretty consistently O''d between CD 14 and 17. I''m CD 19 today. I''m not sure when I O''d the cycle post m/c, because I didn''t chart that month.
You poor dear. But I betcha you get crosshairs soon. FF may not get your actual O day right, but look at how well you covered your bases!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Oh LL, I''m sorry today is a crap day for you. If it makes you feel any better, I just spent a whole crapload of money (that I shouldn''t spend) on two people''s Christmas gifts. One of whom I don''t like very much, so I don''t know why I spent that much. Okay, okay, and I also bought myself a purse. I''m just preparing myself for the horror that is Thanksgiving with two preggos and 6 kids. I hope I don''t cry when I''m there.
7.gif
I honestly don''t know what to say to you, other than you''re fantastic, and I hope it all gets easier. Don''t feel bad for being sad or discouraged, hell, we all have been there (I''m the honorary mayor of Discourageville). Do something fun for yourself, get outside or go see some puppies. Yes, I am mentally a child.

Since I''m also bummed, I''ve been reading "A Girl Named Zippy" for the 7th time, this girl is hilarious- Haven Kimmel. All of you should read it!

Okay, I''m CD12, Oing this weekend I think? Eh, I don''t even really care anymore, to be honest. I just want to be happy, and not so consumed witt sperm. When did this start??

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
speaking of MIA
emembarrassed.gif

After a BFN on attempt #6 my enthusiasm for TTC as well as my posting initiative has waned. i have, however, been faithfully following the thread, silently lending my support and best wishes, hoping for some good news!!

I''m going through what I suppose is pessamistic period - I really feel that I''ve been timing our BD properly, but no baby thus far. this last BPN finally pushed me to start temping, though, only partially though my cycle i don''t think it''s lending any insight.

Dr. Kate - i recall that you mentioned your Dr. wasn''t too thrilled with your pre-O temp variance - why is that?

I''m attempting to post my chart in a selfish attempt to hear feedback on my own fluctuations . . . do they seem within the normal range, too low, too high, wildy variable.

ladies, doubt has not only crept in, but firmly taken hold
14.gif

lulu88667766.JPG

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lulu,

I''m sorry that this whole TTC process has gotten you down. It''ll sure do that to a person. Thanks for sending good vibes along, no need to post if you''re not feelin'' it.

It looks like you started temping at just the right time - at the beginning of your cycle. Assuming you''re using a BBT, I think your chart looks perfectly normal. (Others may have more in-depth perspective). That one really high temp is nothing to be concerned about - it''s just one temp of many, and it came toward the end of AF. It''s not at all unusual to have fluctuating temps during AF. The idea is to look for trends over time - this will be much easier to see when you''ve completed one cycle. Have you taken any of the tutorials on FF?

Hopefully charting will make you feel more in control because you will have so much more info to go on.

Chin up!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
LL- i'm no expert, but i don't think anything looks 'wrong' w/ your chart. I think fluctuations in the beginning of your cycle are pretty normal.

For reference, here is my chart the month I got KTFU. I think my temps fluxed a lot until right before O when they finally became more stable.

untitled555.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 3:22:09 PM
Author: Festy
Hi Lulu,

I'm sorry that this whole TTC process has gotten you down. It'll sure do that to a person. Thanks for sending good vibes along, no need to post if you're not feelin' it.

It looks like you started temping at just the right time - at the beginning of your cycle. Assuming you're using a BBT, I think your chart looks perfectly normal. (Others may have more in-depth perspective). That one really high temp is nothing to be concerned about - it's just one temp of many, and it came toward the end of AF. It's not at all unusual to have fluctuating temps during AF. The idea is to look for trends over time - this will be much easier to see when you've completed one cycle. Have you taken any of the tutorials on FF?

Hopefully charting will make you feel more in control because you will have so much more info to go on.

Chin up!
Ditto everything! Temps are strange pre-O very often, no worries. Post-O they will stabilize... imagine if charting lets you know you were missing the egge each month before and that's why it didn't work! I think that happened with CDT. Figers crossed!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the virtual hug ladies!

cdt1101 your chart is very reassuring to see - though, as already wisely advisedby all who commented on my chart, i''m just going to have to wait and see . . .

and perhaps now is a good time to be a little less self-involved
2.gif

steph: i can''t believe that you are waiting until Friday - i really hope it''s good news!!
Little L:
38.gif
i guess we''ll both be figuring out how to keep our chins up for the next little while. and so many congratulations on the sales! i said it before, i would absolutely buy a piece (hint, hint)
festy, bb, amber, inluv - i''m rooting for you. big time.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Lovely,

It''s not fun having to wait and see, but girl, so many of us are righ there with you. I think a lot of us are having nutso temps this cycle. How odd is that?

Steph,

Good luck on the test!! Now, does your hubby come home early tomorrow, or late in the day? How soon should we be looking for the results?
9.gif

Today is Thanksgiving at work. Yay! I made mac and cheese. The baked kind, all southern girl of me. What would my friends in Cali think of me now?
9.gif

We also are distributing care boxes to families we work with today for their Thanksgiving celebrations. It should be a fun day. One family that I''m working with told me when I asked them about accepting the package that she''d prefer it go to someone who has more needs than their family does. She said this even though she and her husband were both laid off from their jobs on the same day (at the same place, where they have both worked for over 15 years) and their adult daughter also has been laid off from her job, so she and her son moved back into the home, and they have a younger child of their own, too. When I assured her that the other families in need are getting packages as well, she was open to it, but said again that if we find another family with more need than hers, to pass it on to them. I just love such gracious people like that! They''re going to be on the Santa list at work, too. Her kids are great and I''m looking forward to today. It''s a really great break from investigating child abuse and just taking time to help others with resources. I woke up so happy this morning. Paul thought I was nuts, since I never jump out of bed all excited to go to work. haha.

So, still no crosshairs, but I''m keeping hopeful and that once short BD line is growing and growing. "Patience, Grasshopper" is now Paul''s favorite phrase when I talk about anything baby related. I wonder why...

Paul''s mom is taking this treatment well so far and we''re still hoping for her to be home for Thanksgiving.
9.gif

We got our tickets home for Christmas last night. We compromised and are actually flying home late in the evening on Christmas Day and then staying through Jan 1. Not as long as I''d like to be there, but Paul really wanted to see his mother on Christmas, which is totally understandable and something I also want for him and for her. Now we just have to find someone to watch our puppy dogs. Someone with a fence, because the little one (TaDah!!) is nuts and just runs and plays and runs and plays and then forgets where he is and starts whimpering because he feels lost.

Good luck to all! Keep on keeping on, and we''ll all be mommies sooner than we realize. I''ve heard that 40ish week carry time FLIES, girls. FLIES!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, girls. Still no signs of AF. I''m feeling a little bit sickly this morning also. I''m having a big cup of coffee while I''m still allowed if it is positive! Ok, so what do you guys think....should I wait on hubby to get home tomorrow (he arrives early afternoon) or should I take the test today and then if it''s a yes, somehow surprise him when we pick him up from the airport (like by having our son wear a shirt that says I''m a big brother)? What do you guys think. Hope everyone is doing well today!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Fisher, I love the story about the Thanksgiving package. Thanksgiving is truly going to be more meaningful this year for us. I am so thankful hubby still has a good job in this economy....he is in the auto industry, so it has been a pretty scary time. I am going to be doing some volunteer work too. I think it is so important to help out while you can, because you never know if you will ever be on the receiving end. Have fun today!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies,
I have a question for you and I''m hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I''m on Nuvaring, have been for awhile, but my period hasn''t started. Sorry in advance for TMI. I take it out on Monday and usually start Mon. or Tues, maybe Wed. at the latest. I''m scheduled to put another ring in Monday but wonder, if my period still hasn''t come, should I? I''m assuming it''s just a little later than normal (I''m a bit stressed and a little sick) and will start but don''t want to mess something up on the off chance I am pregnant and it hasn''t started. So part of me wonders what is considered late? Is it still too early to make any determination? At what point, if it still hasn''t shown up, should I take a test?
Thanks and I hope it''s ok to ask this question in here. I just know you ladies are so knowledgeable about all of this and could really use some advice.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Hey Dixie, sometimes your cycle just changes even when you''re on bc. It happened to me a few times and I ended up switching between different brands of the pill and finally to nuvaring before getting it all sorted out. My doctor told me at the time that it''s completely normal. That being said, no bc is 100% effective, so if you''re worried I''d just take a test. Generally by the time your period is late you''d be able to get a positive on a home pregnancy test.

Steph, I''m a POAS enabler, so my answer is PEE NOW!!! Lol.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Steph -- PEE RIGHT NOW! Lol, we need a BFP on this board...

Fisher -- You are always so uplifting! Thank you for always being so positive, it really helps me.

CD17 here...
I think I may have O''d yesterday since my temp shot up to the high heavens today. That would have been 1 day earier than previous cycles. I am hoping I didn''t because we have been BD EOD but planned to BD on the day before O and O day if that makes sense. So yesterday and today since for some reason I feel like those are the 2 most important days. I''m sure we still will DTD today just to be safe.

I read on FF today that BD after you go to bed is usually marked on the next day so you don''t have to go back to the previous day to mark it. Is that what you ladies do? I always just go back to the previous day. Wonder if it really matters. Any input?

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 9:23:34 AM
Author: InLuv101
Steph -- PEE RIGHT NOW! Lol, we need a BFP on this board...

Fisher -- You are always so uplifting! Thank you for always being so positive, it really helps me.

CD17 here...
I think I may have O'd yesterday since my temp shot up to the high heavens today. That would have been 1 day earier than previous cycles. I am hoping I didn't because we have been BD EOD but planned to BD on the day before O and O day if that makes sense. So yesterday and today since for some reason I feel like those are the 2 most important days. I'm sure we still will DTD today just to be safe.

I read on FF today that BD after you go to bed is usually marked on the next day so you don't have to go back to the previous day to mark it. Is that what you ladies do? I always just go back to the previous day. Wonder if it really matters. Any input?
InLuv - I'm in a similar boat as you. We've been doing EOD - a few days we doubled up though. I believe I O'd yesterday too since my temp shot up today as well. However, we did't get in any BD last night because I was at a blacktie dinner for work and my DH had a board meeting and didn't get home until almost 1am. So, we didn't have it in us last night. We thought about doing it this morning, but I overslept by an hour!
6.gif
And when I nudged DH he just said he was exhausted. We'll probably try again tonight to be safe, but not sure if it's worth it at this point. I feel like every cycle we just can't get it right - it's a little frustrating. I know we did enough for a very good shot, but part of me feels like it wasn't enough which stinks.

I was also trying to figure out the whole thing on FF about whether to mark BD as AM or PM depending on when you do it. I thought it said if you BD after midnight to count it AM for the next day. I'm sure it doesn't really matter either, but if it's after midnight for me I tend to think it's still night and mark it PM. If that's the case then we definitely got some BD in on O since we BD'd around midnight on Tues.
20.gif
Feh, this way too confusing...
33.gif

1 DPO/CD 22

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steph Pee now!
11.gif

InLuv and BB: the BEST day to DTD it the day before ovulation, that is the day with the highest rates of conception (~40% in some studies), ovulation day is much lower. So if you got it in the day before you are golden in terms of covering bases! Fingers crossed!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 8:29:08 AM
Author: robbie3982
Hey Dixie, sometimes your cycle just changes even when you''re on bc. It happened to me a few times and I ended up switching between different brands of the pill and finally to nuvaring before getting it all sorted out. My doctor told me at the time that it''s completely normal. That being said, no bc is 100% effective, so if you''re worried I''d just take a test. Generally by the time your period is late you''d be able to get a positive on a home pregnancy test.

Steph, I''m a POAS enabler, so my answer is PEE NOW!!! Lol.

Hi Robbie,
Thanks for your advice. I don''t think I''m ready to test yet as I wouldn''t want myself to start thinking it could be if it''s just that I''m a little late. I guess if it still hasn''t arrived by Sunday, I''ll go ahead and test. I wouldn''t want to use the Nuvaring and cause any potential problems. I pretty much always wonder anytime I''m a little late so now that I''m later than usual, it''s even harder to stop thinking about it.
Sorry for invading the thread and I hope that my posting didn''t bother anyone.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies.

Your resident nutter here. Well, I had another high temp today and I GOT CROSSHAIRS! So, depending on which of my wackadoo temps I put in, I''m either 3 or 5 DPO. But frankly, given how weird my sleep pattern is, I don''t know if any of these temps are worth a crap. Either way, we seemed to have covered our bases pretty well.

I am having MASSIVE trouble sleeping this cycle. I''ve been waking up around 3a.m. the past two days. Which means I have to push back my alarm and when I temp because I need to get three hours of sleep before I temp. This morning, I swear I tossed and turned for a good bit of the additional sleep time.

SO, long story short, since I''m 99.99% sure I''ve O''d, I''m putting away the thermometer. For at least the rest of the cycle, maybe for for a while. It has just really started to mess with my sleep! And I puffy heart sleep.

Has anyone else had trouble sleeping and temping? If so, what did you do about it?

Steph - I say test! You are already late!

Amber - Do you need a vice mayor? Or perhaps president of city council of Discourageville? I think you''ll find that I have the negative attitude and snarkitude necessary for such a post.

Lulu - Blah. I just feel you. This whole thing is hard. It really is. And I swear I''m going to get that site up soon! Perhaps it''ll be job for this weekend!

Fisher - I agree with in-luv - you positivity is commendable! Have a great day today!

Dixie - no worries about invading! If you are already late, you probably could go ahead and test now.

in-luv and BB - Sounds like you guys have timed things pretty well! Good luck!

Someone better catch an egg this time!!!!!!

CD 20, *hopefully* either 3 or 5 DPO.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 11:04:31 AM
Hello ladies.

SO, long story short, since I''m 99.99% sure I''ve O''d, I''m putting away the thermometer. For at least the rest of the cycle, maybe for for a while. It has just really started to mess with my sleep! And I puffy heart sleep.

Has anyone else had trouble sleeping and temping? If so, what did you do about it?
LL -- I can totally relate on this one. I''ve had issues with sleep too since temping. I''ve already decided that starting this month, after I get crosshairs each month, I''m putting the thermometer away until I AFF shows up. I don''t really *need* to temp after I''ve confirmed that I''ve O''d and at least I can get some good sleep for 1/2 the month.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 11:52:35 AM

Hello ladies.

SO, long story short, since I'm 99.99% sure I've O'd, I'm putting away the thermometer. For at least the rest of the cycle, maybe for for a while. It has just really started to mess with my sleep! And I puffy heart sleep.

LL -- I can totally relate on this one. I've had issues with sleep too since temping. I've already decided that starting this month, after I get crosshairs each month, I'm putting the thermometer away until I AFF shows up. I don't really *need* to temp after I've confirmed that I've O'd and at least I can get some good sleep for 1/2 the month.
Yeah I think this is the best bet for sure... I know that when O was coming and when AFF *may* arrive temping made me mental... there is something to be gained from temping around O, obviously, so it is worth it, but after that there is not enough benefit if the cost is too high.

Hang in there everyone, it will happen!
9.gif

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 11:58:19 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 11/20/2008 11:52:35 AM

Hello ladies.

LL -- I can totally relate on this one. I''ve had issues with sleep too since temping. I''ve already decided that starting this month, after I get crosshairs each month, I''m putting the thermometer away until I AFF shows up. I don''t really *need* to temp after I''ve confirmed that I''ve O''d and at least I can get some good sleep for 1/2 the month.
Yeah I think this is the best bet for sure... I know that when O was coming and when AFF *may* arrive temping made me mental... there is something to be gained from temping around O, obviously, so it is worth it, but after that there is not enough benefit if the cost is too high.

Hang in there everyone, it will happen!
9.gif
I''m holding you to that DD!
3.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results