shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Festy, I think the only PSer who''s known that early was Mela. The majority of us were symptom free so early on
1.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 12:33:00 PM
Author: robbie3982
Festy, I think the only PSer who''s known that early was Mela. The majority of us were symptom free so early on
1.gif
And Mela could have been wrong if she hadn''t been right, if you know what I mean.
2.gif
hee hee.... I had no symptoms early on.

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 12:38:09 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

1.gif
And Mela could have been wrong if she hadn''t been right, if you know what I mean.
2.gif
Thanks, guys. DD, I was thinking of Mela too. Her 2nd BFP was a great moment in the history of this thread. Which turns 200 pages soon...hopefully we can celebrate with some BFFPs!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone.

DD- I know I don''t have to temp- thanks for reminding me! The only thing I worry about is what if I''m not ovulating or something- temping would confirm that for me. I am thinking maybe I will chart for December and January, just to see what''s going on. If it seems like I''m ovulating and it seems like things are pretty normal, then I think I will just go back to DTD during times of good CF. I think Ebree said she did this??

Speaking of Ebree- hi out there if you are lurking!
35.gif
Hope all is well.

Steph- Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

November- Wow. I would be really frustrated as well if I was you. I wouldn''t really be worried yet, but that must be so annoying to just be waiting for AFF. So glad your doctor was responsive. Hope that pill works and your next cycle is much much much shorter.

Amber- Now that''s a sexy bruise! You are too funny. Your stories kill me. Yay for DTD "just for fun". I know you mentioned your DH is more laid-back in that department. I know that must be frustrating. One night this week DH was too tired and feeling sick, which is totally fine, but I was secretly annoyed and mad at him- like he was ruining our one chance for having a baby. Ha! I just think it''s hard also being the girl- like it''s fine if I''m too tired, but if he is, it really hurts my feelings. Girls are used to being begged for it, it''s weird to be the one that is asking.

Fisher- Sending thoughts and prayers for you MIL.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 2:36:26 PM
Author: ChinaCat

Amber- Now that''s a sexy bruise! You are too funny. Your stories kill me. Yay for DTD ''just for fun''. I know you mentioned your DH is more laid-back in that department. I know that must be frustrating. One night this week DH was too tired and feeling sick, which is totally fine, but I was secretly annoyed and mad at him- like he was ruining our one chance for having a baby. Ha! I just think it''s hard also being the girl- like it''s fine if I''m too tired, but if he is, it really hurts my feelings. Girls are used to being begged for it, it''s weird to be the one that is asking.
That is so true - I''ve gotten that way before. LOL...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prediction I think EBree is KTFU and laying low to keep stress-free in these early stages. I noticed she disappeared last time for a while too
2.gif
EBree if this is right, just keep on laying low girl, you do what you want and share when you want! Don't feel compelled to respond to my nosey post, just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and making crazy, nosey predictions!
3.gif

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 2:51:34 PM
Prediction I think EBree is KTFU and laying low to keep stress-free in these early stages. I noticed she disappeared last time for a while too
2.gif
EBree if this is right, just keep on laying low girl, you do what you want and share when you want! Don''t feel compelled to respond to my nosey post, just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and making crazy, nosey predictions!
3.gif
I thought the same thing but was afraid to say it "out loud." Sorry, Ebree, I feel like a gossip now! But I''m wishing good things for you.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 3:02:07 PM
Author: Festy

Date: 11/18/2008 2:51:34 PM
2.gif
EBree if this is right, just keep on laying low girl, you do what you want and share when you want! Don''t feel compelled to respond to my nosey post, just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and making crazy, nosey predictions!
3.gif
I thought the same thing but was afraid to say it ''out loud.'' Sorry, Ebree, I feel like a gossip now! But I''m wishing good things for you.
Okay, I am a gossip, but it is meant with love!
9.gif
And noseyness.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
DD and Festy - I''m right there w/ you guys because I thought the same exact thing! I know, we''re horrible!

Also, what happened to Peony??? She hasn''t posted since Oct. I hope she''s doing OK because I know last cycle was rough on her.

Peony - if you''re lurking, I just want you to know I''m thinking ya!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Alright. Am back. I have calmed down some. I went downstairs and kicked some butt on the elliptical. I find that anger gets my chubby legs apumpin''.

But I''m still soooo annoyed at my stupid cycle. The FF people said to use the lower temps both days. So I guess I''ll assume no O for now. Plus I checked my CM and there was EWCM like NOBODY''S business. Not quite a jellyfish, but a lot. Thus, I think maybe I haven''t O''d. ARGH. It fills me with the rage. Feh. Meh. GAH. I''m reduced to sounds here people!

I just sent DH an email asking if he had one more night in him. Poor guy. For the record, this is more DTD than we EVER done before. EVER. Gah.

Amber - First, I''m sorry about your leg. Ouch! That is one impressive bruise. Second, yay for fun sexie time!! It is so nice to do that too. Your TMI comment made me laugh a bit - as I was posting my chart with the info regarding every day we''ve DTD this month, I had a bit of a giggle to myself...as I realized I was just sharing it with y''all like it was nothing. So yeah. I really don''t think there is such thing as TMI. Well, actually, those pics on that cervix website, and the used speculum and the jellyfish, now THAT was TMI.
2.gif

November - That''s great you are enjoying the in-house gig. That is the one type of law I didn''t practice! Three years at MEGA firm, one year at small office of another big firm and then I clerked for a state appellate court judge for three years. I applied and interviewed with Davis Polk when I was in law school. Went up for my callback and, undoubtedly, had one of the WORST interviews of my life. I didn''t get an offer, but I got a free trip to NYC! Anyway, there are days I can''t believe I''m not doing it anymore. I even let my status go inactive! Nuts. And I really don''t miss it - I loved law school but really hate the practice of law. So yeah. Here I am, a quasi-jewelry designer! I''m really lucky that DH is supportive and we live in a cheap city!

Fisher - O vibes your way. And good thought''s towards paul''s mom.

BB - Go O! Honestly, had I known I this far off on my O date, we''d have done EOD too. ARGH. But here''s to hoping for confirmed O soon!!!

Festy - No worries about not feeling prego. For real. It is still so crazy early it is crazy! No worries.

DD - I was thinking the same thing about Ebree! Or hoping it anyway!

As for the pill - it totally messed with my sex drive. And not in a good way. So no more pill. BUT I will say the thought of an 11 mo old and a newborn scares the sheboygan out of me.

CD 18. Blergh.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock

1.gif

2.gif

I knew. Oh how I knew!!!!!! I would have bet the farm. Then I had those few ''insane'' days waiting to test which made me doubt myself...but I KNEW!!!!!
11.gif

I always check in on you ladies...but its funny that you are talking about some of the TTC''ers going MIA. I often refrain from commenting because I know how hard the process is and I don''t want to put any added pressure on y''all.

so anyways. Keep DTD girls ;-)

Our 200 page milestone is HUGE! We should totally throw a party. Here. Er, somehow.
3.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 3:54:52 PM
Author: mela lu

1.gif

2.gif

I knew. Oh how I knew!!!!!! I would have bet the farm. Then I had those few ''insane'' days waiting to test which made me doubt myself...but I KNEW!!!!!
11.gif
hee hee hee

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick stop-in to say to LL that I totally feel for you! I had MANY more days of EW this cycle too, and my dh just didn''t have it in him, so I''m keeping my fingers crossed that yours fares better!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies! Gimpy Amber over here. It's so sad, with my knee being all scabbed up (Ooooh, I am ONE SEXY BEAST right about now) I can't do normal things like bend over, crouch, put on pants.... It's breathtaking I tell ya. I should make my knee my new avatar, but poor Woofie already feels like the rented mule lately, with all our focus on Thanksgiving and ourselves. Poor babydog.

So I found out some interesting news last night. Remember I told you all about that cousin I recently got to know better? Well, apparently she was keeping something from me. Aside from the B/G twins they have already, they also have a set of ID Boy twins in a surrogate, to be born in March, I believe (old news to me). That was hard to me, just because it's like, You already have TWO! And they're not even 2 yet! You know, typical selfish me. Anywho, I found out last night that they're implanting ANOTHER ***SIX*** fertilized eggs into a DIFFERENT surrogate in December!!!!!!! I just can't believe it! They can't afford it (living in a rented house on ONE income), and for some weird reason, their insurance isn't covering ANYTHING regarding the babies born via surrogate. So they're paying OOP for the current twins in the chute, the surrogate's health care (and maternity clothes), and NOW the next set of fet. eggs and surrogate. Not to mention all the costs of harvesting and fertilizing the eggs in lab.

Now, I know it's not my business at all, but I take issue with this for these (possibly petty) reasons: 1.) They can't afford what they're doing, but continue anyway 2.) she's putting them in a very unstable predicament with all those fert. eggs being implanted 3.) the husband (blood cousin) is wary of it, but goes along with it anyway 4.) his job is VERY unstable 5.) for the hundreds of thousands they're spending, they could have BOUGHT A HOUSE instead of renting (and this is LA, where everything is $$$$$) 6.) she's not going back to work, EVER 7.) She expects the rest of us to help them, because she complains that she's got to do this all by herself while the husband is working. When she demands him to come home every night by 7 to put the babies to sleep, and THEN do more of his work at night until 2am.

I dunno, perhaps it's anger because I don't even have a baby in the works yet, and I know we can't afford IVF or anything like that, and it makes me sad. I wish she could just be happy with the two (soon to be four) babies she's already got, because they're PERFECT. I mean, there's living beyond your means, and there's making your FAMILY live beyond YOUR means. Ugh.

I'm not even really mad, it's just like, WTH?? Can I borrow one for 18 years??

ETA: Also about BC. I LOVED being on the pill. Before it I had very unpredictable cycles that ranged from 20-40 days, with periods lasting a week or so. I hated it. Getting on BC my cycles were perfect, and getting off I regulated almost immediately, with only one cycle being wonked (by three/four days) in the middle of otherwise perfect cycles.

Also: Dhs who can't get up the energy. I am the president of our club, The Wives Who Want It Whenever (for about 5 days per month, go ahead and play Playstation for the rest of the month, DH). I've ALWAYS been this way, so I'm like, hey, DH, you knew what you were getting into!!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 3:54:52 PM
Author: mela lu

1.gif

2.gif

11.gif

I always check in on you ladies...but its funny that you are talking about some of the TTC''ers going MIA. I often refrain from commenting because I know how hard the process is and I don''t want to put any added pressure on y''all.

so anyways. Keep DTD girls ;-)

Our 200 page milestone is HUGE! We should totally throw a party. Here. Er, somehow.
3.gif
Very good point Mela - there are so many times when I just need a break from it or when that BFN comes, I just want to dig a hole and stay there. Obviously, I would never judge someone for going MIA - I guess it''s more concern than anything else that keeps me wondering. Sometimes when I go MIA and I see someone asking where I am, it helps me to come out of my hole.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 4:08:40 PM
Author: Sabine
Just a quick stop-in to say to LL that I totally feel for you! I had MANY more days of EW this cycle too, and my dh just didn''t have it in him, so I''m keeping my fingers crossed that yours fares better!
I''m hoping to get two more nights out of mine. I''m with LL - poor DH!
40.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 4:24:40 PM
Author: AmberWaves

1.) They can''t afford what they''re doing, but continue anyway 2.) she''s putting them in a very unstable predicament with all those fert. eggs being implanted 3.) the husband (blood cousin) is wary of it, but goes along with it anyway 4.) his job is VERY unstable 5.) for the hundreds of thousands they''re spending, they could have BOUGHT A HOUSE instead of renting (and this is LA, where everything is $$$$$) 6.) she''s not going back to work, EVER 7.) She expects the rest of us to help them, because she complains that she''s got to do this all by herself while the husband is working. When she demands him to come home every night by 7 to put the babies to sleep, and THEN do more of his work at night until 2am.
The rest is no different from people having lots of biological kids in lots of ways, but this highlighted one is worrisome! I hope it is okay! I am surprised docs will still implant that many embryos... I think lots of high-order multiples come from fertility treatments where there is no real control over the number of eggs released (eg., folicle stim and IUI), but to purposely court such complications seems medically suspect to me...

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 4:29:58 PM
Date: 11/18/2008 4:24:40 PM

Author: AmberWaves

1.) They can''t afford what they''re doing, but continue anyway 2.) she''s putting them in a very unstable predicament with all those fert. eggs being implanted 3.) the husband (blood cousin) is wary of it, but goes along with it anyway 4.) his job is VERY unstable 5.) for the hundreds of thousands they''re spending, they could have BOUGHT A HOUSE instead of renting (and this is LA, where everything is $$$$$) 6.) she''s not going back to work, EVER 7.) She expects the rest of us to help them, because she complains that she''s got to do this all by herself while the husband is working. When she demands him to come home every night by 7 to put the babies to sleep, and THEN do more of his work at night until 2am.

The rest is no different from people having lots of biological kids in lots of ways, but this highlighted one is worrisome! I hope it is okay! I am surprised docs will still implant that many embryos... I think lots of high-order multiples come from fertility treatments where there is no real control over the number of eggs released (eg., folicle stim and IUI), but to purposely court such complications seems medically suspect to me...

Perhaps they plan to use selective reduction if more than a certain number take?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 4:28:17 PM
Author: blushingbride

40.gif
No poor DH!! Some men would kill for every-day nookie! That''s like feeling sorry for the kid who gets dessert every night.
2.gif

I am being silly. My DH is a horndog and he was even a little tired after 7 days. No one wants to be forcefed dessert.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 4:36:35 PM

Perhaps they plan to use selective reduction if more than a certain number take?
I guess, but that carries risks for the other ones and lots of people don''t believe in it...

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 4:37:02 PM

Date: 11/18/2008 4:28:17 PM
Author: blushingbride

40.gif
No poor DH!! Some men would kill for every-day nookie! That''s like feeling sorry for the kid who gets dessert every night.
2.gif

I am being silly. My DH is a horndog and he was even a little tired after 7 days. No one wants to be forcefed dessert.
I know so is mine, but exactly what you said, he doesn''t like being forcefed and he doesn''t want to know the details of the "baby-making" process which completely turns him off.
20.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
DD and Robbie, yeah, they're not planning to reduce them, cousin's wife told me, "I want as many babies as possible, I'm sure you understand."

Eeek!

In completely unrelated news: the little boy I nannied for since birth has now received his learner's permit. Why is that a big deal? Twofold: 1.) he's old enough to get a permit! I'm old enough to have nannied for a kid who is DRIVING! 2.) I am the only person in Los Angeles who is married, 29 and DOESN'T HAVE HER LICENSE. My babysittee is going to be giving me a ride home from work, I just know it. OH THE SHAME!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Amber! You live in LA, right???? How in the world do you live there without a drivers license???? You are too funny. I can''t take it. And I don''t know what to say about your cousin. I try not to judge other''s decisions, but oy. Hard not to on that one. I am tired just thinking about all of those babies at once.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 4:38:44 PM

I guess, but that carries risks for the other ones and lots of people don''t believe in it...

True, but I really can''t see why a doctor (or a surrogate for that matter!) would allow anyone to implant 6 embryos at once on the condition that if they all stick, she will be carrying 6 babies. After hearing about the risks of PTL with twins from Indy and Neat, I can''t imagine what they''d be for sextuplets.

Amber, that''s crazy! I wonder how the surrogate feels about it. Is it a friend or a stranger?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 6:27:27 PM
Date: 11/18/2008 4:38:44 PM

True, but I really can''t see why a doctor (or a surrogate for that matter!) would allow anyone to implant 6 embryos at once on the condition that if they all stick, she will be carrying 6 babies. After hearing about the risks of PTL with twins from Indy and Neat, I can''t imagine what they''d be for sextuplets.

Amber, that''s crazy! I wonder how the surrogate feels about it. Is it a friend or a stranger?

Yeah...it''s pretty irresponsible IMO to specifically implant that many...and most good doctors would tell you that!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Amber,

I can understand the frustration of hearing what other people who are pregnant or are parents plan to do, and just thinking, "Gah, they can have a kid and I can''t?" It''s hard sometimes because we want something so much, and then we see others with what we want, and we can''t understand why they do the things they do, given the blessings they''ve been given that we''re still begging and grasping for. It is a sad place to be. I don''t like feeling that way and I try my best to get away from that state of mind as soon as possible, since it''s no good for me or anyone else. But still, when people act like babies don''t grow up and require food, clothing, bedding, schooling, etc, it''s hard not to react. Kudos for not going off on a tirade.
9.gif

My current struggle in dealing with not being pregnant and wishing so much that I was about to be a mother is in talking with a friend of mine at work who is pregnant. I know she really, really loves her baby already, but it gets on my nerves, or more like hurts my over-emotional-side-regarding-all-things-baby-feelings when she calls her baby "the disease." She acts like she wishes she was never pregnant, refers to the baby as "that thing that''s getting on my nerves" and comments of that nature. I know morning sickness is running wild with her and she''s had some really rough days, but I hope that I never call the miracle I''m praying for so vehemently those names. Then again, having not been there, I don''t know about it and it may really feel like a disease taking over. Who knows? I see myself being petty and stupid and irrational in the way these comments hurt me (after all, they''re not directed at me, but rather at the state of being pregnant), and of course I don''t say anything to her about it. I know it''s mostly because I absolutely ache to be in her state of pregnancy. She''ll be 16 weeks this week and is in maternity clothes and the baby pooch is just starting to show. So cute! I love talking to her about her little boy. Anyway, it''s only sometimes that I get annoyed/jealous/whatever it is that messes with my emotions.

LL and ChinaCat,

Thank you for the thoughts for my mother-in-law. She started her treatment last night and is doing well today. Hopefully she''ll be home again by Thanksgiving, and then go back for her next treatment and be home again by Christmas. She really is proving more and more to be a role model to me. Like the kind of person I hope to be some day. So full of grace. She doesn''t wallow in self-pity (you know, like I do from time to time when I wish I could be a mother), but is so quick to be thankful for the things in life that are good, going well. She worries over others and not herself. A lot to live up to, I''d say. And to think Paul says he sees attributes of her in me. The boy''s delusional.

DD, this is to you, since you''re the go-to-girl for all things chart-related:

Remember that one longish cycle I had (like 40ish days) and I had a lot of fertile CM then, like I was gearing up and then not ovulating, and then I finally did? Do you think that could be happening again? I am really pretty sure that I have watery CM and have for a while now. I think that usually it''s gone a day or two after I ovulate, so now I''m hoping that I ovulate this week sometime. I was really looking forward to having two "tries" before 2009.

I also think that a part of me has decided that if I could just have a child and be a mother and provide a grandchild to Martha, I would be doing my part in helping her to heal. Isn''t that silly of me? I just really know the deep desire in her heart and while under no circumstance would we have a child just to fulfill that dream for her (but who here doesn''t know how much we want a child, too?), I just feel like if I could do this for her, she''d have all that more of a fight in her to get past this sickness. It will come, her healing will be here, and so will a grandbaby for her to love.

Peony. I was thinking about her the other day, too. Haven''t heard from her since she was so upset over the arrival of that irritating period. I hope she''s keeping her spirits up.

This process really does have aspects that suck, but isn''t it also a little bit of a fun process, dreaming the dream, and knowing that you can only do this with your special husband? I love it; it''s really and totally improved our relationship. Even with the days that I''m sad and a roller coaster of emotion.
9.gif
We put up the Christmas tree and decorated over the weekend (upon my begging) and it was so much fun, and to think that this could be our last Christmas where it''s just the two of us and our puppies and kitty. It makes it special, and also expectant, like what could next Christmas bring? It makes me want to cherish every moment we have to be selfish and worry only about ourselves before taking on supplying a child with love, attention, entertainment, and on and on and on...

Good grief. I just scrolled through this and it''s a flippin book. With that, I''ll say have a good night, ladies.
9.gif

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
It is too funny about all of your DHs. Mine is the exact opposite. After years where I was not coming home from work until after 10 every night and almost never being in the mood, DH is thrilled now that we are TTC and I am all over him. Partly it has to do with the fact that I no longer work at the job from hell and am generally a happier person, but a big part is also TTC. I was actually a little afraid that DH would be annoyed/upset that all of a sudden I am so into it because of TTC, but I haven''t heard a complaint yet - guess he knows not to look a gift horse in the mouth!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 7:40:10 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly

My current struggle in dealing with not being pregnant and wishing so much that I was about to be a mother is in talking with a friend of mine at work who is pregnant. I know she really, really loves her baby already, but it gets on my nerves, or more like hurts my over-emotional-side-regarding-all-things-baby-feelings when she calls her baby ''the disease.'' She acts like she wishes she was never pregnant, refers to the baby as ''that thing that''s getting on my nerves'' and comments of that nature. I know morning sickness is running wild with her and she''s had some really rough days, but I hope that I never call the miracle I''m praying for so vehemently those names. Then again, having not been there, I don''t know about it and it may really feel like a disease taking over. Who knows?
That would bug me too, it is a little extreme. Joking aside, calling your child a "disease" is on the far end of taste, even for me and my sharp tongue. There is certainly an element of alien possession to it, IMHO
2.gif
, but that is totally different than a disease! I am not sure whether it is her anxiety speaking and she is being extreme to try and diffuse her worries, or whether she is expressing true ambivalence about being preggo... I hope the former because having one friend who was truly ambivalent during her pregnancy, I can say that such negative feelings don''t stop when baby is born, which is a shame for the little one
15.gif

DD, this is to you, since you''re the go-to-girl for all things chart-related:

Remember that one longish cycle I had (like 40ish days) and I had a lot of fertile CM then, like I was gearing up and then not ovulating, and then I finally did? Do you think that could be happening again? I am really pretty sure that I have watery CM and have for a while now. I think that usually it''s gone a day or two after I ovulate, so now I''m hoping that I ovulate this week sometime. I was really looking forward to having two ''tries'' before 2009.
I just don''t know chicky-poo! The one thing we know about your cycles is they are unpredictable! If it isn''t too draining, all you can do is keep up the EOD and see what happens...

I also think that a part of me has decided that if I could just have a child and be a mother and provide a grandchild to Martha, I would be doing my part in helping her to heal. Isn''t that silly of me? I just really know the deep desire in her heart and while under no circumstance would we have a child just to fulfill that dream for her (but who here doesn''t know how much we want a child, too?), I just feel like if I could do this for her, she''d have all that more of a fight in her to get past this sickness. It will come, her healing will be here, and so will a grandbaby for her to love.
One of the things I research is the links between social support and health, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that your love and support is helping your MIL to heal. I am sure she would love a grandchild, but you don''t need to give her that to help her recovery...Just being YOU is helping her to heal.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 7:34:35 PM
Author: neatfreak

Yeah...it''s pretty irresponsible IMO to specifically implant that many...and most good doctors would tell you that!
Well it isn''t a good source but I was watching the Friends episode where Phoebe is a surrogate for her brother and his wife, and they said that they implant 5 embryos so that there will be a 25% chance that one will actually stick... so maybe it isn''t as irresponsible as we think. Seems like m/c rates are higher with implanted eggs. I wonder how many of those really high-ordr multiples come from implanted eggs versus the less-controlled methods like folicle stim and IUI?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 9:59:10 PM
Date: 11/18/2008 7:34:35 PM

Author: neatfreak

Well it isn''t a good source but I was watching the Friends episode where Phoebe is a surrogate for her brother and his wife, and they said that they implant 5 embryos so that there will be a 25% chance that one will actually stick... so maybe it isn''t as irresponsible as we think. Seems like m/c rates are higher with implanted eggs. I wonder how many of those really high-ordr multiples come from implanted eggs versus the less-controlled methods like folicle stim and IUI?

A lot do come from the less controlled methods from what I understand. BUT from what I have read about IVF there is not a significant difference in the chances of success by implanting multiple embryos...but I don''t remember the details from the article...I''ll try to find it. But the article was basically saying that there is no need to implant 5 eggs because it actually has a better chance of sticking if you just do 1 or 2 eggs. Could be mistaken though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results