shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies,

Steph, are you kidding? We are dying for someone to pee on something already! Please, pretty please, pee on that stick!

Fisher, I can always count on you for an uplifting story. I hope you''ll stick around here after you get your BFP.

Dixie - no worries! You can crash this party anytime. No such thing as a bothersome question.

InLuv and BB - I hear ya. We would have been in great shape if I''d O''d when I thought I would. It''s frustrating. But your bases are covered, like DD says. Please post your charts when you get your crosshairs!

LL - I think it''s a great idea to put the BBT away after O. I wish I could, but I''m addicted. Plus I like some warning when AF is coming. But I am also used to having my sleep pattern interrupted, between the cats and waking up to pee every night...

As for me...I had cramps last night. Very dismaying. I know it doesn''t mean I''m out yet, but I was really hoping for a differnt post-O symptom pattern. I guess in one way it''s different, in that I''ve never had PMS cramps this soon after O. And today I''m (TMI) gassy as all get-out. Could be because I ate my weight in beans yesterday. Seriously, get this - veggie chili for lunch - pure beans, chicken burritos w/beans for dinner alongside kale w/chickpeas. Good god. Any other gross-out information I should share?
31.gif

CD 19/6 DPO

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ok, you girls talked me into it! I''m going to get a test. But I have to wait and let you all know after tomorrow afternoon when I let him know so he''ll be the first!!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Steph, you''re killing us here! Good luck with the testing!

LL, I really had trouble sleeping, so I did a little experiment. I was waking up early (between 3 and 4), and then having trouble getting back to sleep because I was worrying about getting back to sleep so I could get in "good" sleep before temping when I normally get up. So for multiple nights, I would wake up whenever, temp, go to the bathroom to see the temp (didn''t want to wake dh with the light), go back to sleep, and temp again when I got up. And for me, I found that the temps were never off by more than .2 (usually less, and often the same), and since my temps vary quite a bit, I figured it didn''t really matter if I temped earlier than usual. So now, when I wake up crazy early, I temp, then go back to sleep. And I''ve found that I really CAN go back to sleep since I''m not all worried about making sure I get enough sleep for a later temp. For me, the key was pinpointing why I was having trouble sleeping, and finding away to take away that stress of "needing" to get good sleep to get a good temp.

Inluv, bb, and fisher, hope you all get your crosshairs soon!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys!

Not much happening here, my knee is killing me and the hypochondriac in me is like, "It''s infected! GANGRENE!" So I decided to stop panicking and just fall asleep at my desk. Now everything is all okay.
1.gif

I hope all you gals get your BFPs, I''m a little less bitter at the moment, and more willing just to float around pretending my uterus isn''t collecting dust.

Now''s not the time to stress for me, I have enough stress in my plain old non-humping life that I think it''s better to just not think about it. Otherwise I''ll end up a divorcee, since Paul is up the wall from my nagging.

<--------- Terrible wife here.

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Amber, I think it''s quite possible that you are the voice inside my head come to life. Glad you''re feeling a little better today! Knees are a b##ch to heal. I''ve fallen on both of mine and it takes a while to stop hurting Are you icing it every night? Just wait til you get OLD and the knees really go to hell!

Speaking of which, I''ll see your dusty uterus and raise you a shriveled ovary or two. Aren''t you too young to be gathering dust just yet?

p.s., you''re much too lovable to end up a divorcee. :)

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Festy, I have NOT been icing. I must tell you it''s because I threw the melted ice pack at the dog on Sunday when he was at the window barking at some poor helpless bigger dog who stomped past (Napoleon Complex at it''s best), and not listening to me, so I chucked it at him. Yes, it''s mean, but a.) it was already water again b.) I couldn''t get up because of my gimpy knee and c.) he responds better to an ice pack landing behind him than me saying NO, WOOFIE!- and to end the story, I was too lazy to retrieve it and it has now become quite the decoration in our house. Short story: laziness.
9.gif

Okay, I''m 29, and my ovaries aren''t quite shriveled, but I see your ovaries and raise you ONE TILTED UTERUS. Which is now quite rusty from disuse. You know what they say, the rolling stone gathers no moss (or something)? My stone has been sitting so long without rolling that it''s now a fossil.

All hopes for a sexual replay of last Friday went snoring out the window when Paul fell asleep at 8pm. After getting home at 7. Oh well, Woofie and I enjoyed my ice cream (he had to enjoy from his seat on my lap) and an episode of Ghost Hunters until I carried myself off to bed- where I played Mario Kart on my Nintendo DS. I want to be something''s mother?? See previous example regarding the dog, why that may take a few lessons.
35.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Good evening ladies!

Well, I'm putting my thermometer in a far away drawer. I hope I sleep soundly tonight. This 4-5 hours of solid sleep thing is not much fun. So I'm hoping to sleep like a mad woman tonight! I lead a very exciting life.

Sabine - Very interesting information! Of course, in all of my annoyance and aggravation, didn't think of doing anything like that. Next time I temp I think I'll give it a try!

in-luv - Here's to good sleep soon!!!

Amber - Well, first off, I'm very glad the nap saved you cured your gangrene! Although I will say that there are few things better than a little work napski. When I was an attorney at BigFirm, every now and again I'd just be so wiped out that I'd have to just close my door, turn off my phone and take a little snooze. They are good for the soul! Oh, and if my dogs are any indication of future children, well, yikes! People love Izzie, my insane Ibizan wearing the santa hat (which he was NOT happy about. See the look of terror in his eyes), but often comment that he is the oddest dog they've ever been around. And it is true. He is an odd odd bird. So yeah, I worry about any possible future child.

FESTY - I feel you! When did I get old and I could hurt myself sleeping! I turned 34 in August, and my left knee makes this NUTSO creaking sound when I walk down stairs or bend it deeply. Horrid. It doesn't really hurt, and my doc thinks it is nothing to be concerned about, but yeah. I walk down steps and I hear crrrrrrrrk, crrrrrrrk. Gah!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
InLuv,

I always go back and put PM if we BD after going to bed. I like to have a better idea of what my BD line really looks like. I''m really way to analytical to put it where it really isn''t.

Thanks for saying I''m positive. Haha. I''ll have to show that to Paul. I try to be, but I get really bummed over this stuff, too. In the first cycles, I was insane and everyone here was so nice, they never said a thing about my mental state. I''ve mellowed somewhat over time.

Steph,

I''ve not read yet to see if you''ve peed on a stick, but I''m glad your hubby''s going to be home soon. And I''m thankful for everyone who has a job. It''s nothing short of a blessing that I for one have taken for granted for years. Funny how times change things.

Festy,

Hope your bean meals were good.
9.gif

Yesterday''s Thanksgiving at work was fun. It''s good to have down time in such a chaotic atmosphere, you know? The prego at work had to leave twice because talking about what was in one of the casseroles made her sick. Poor girl. I''m secretly hoping to have that same feeling at the next work meal. (It''s Christmas, so I may be pushing my luck here).

Amber,

Gangreene. Totally got me to bust out laughing with that one. Seriously, though, I hope it''s healing and that you''re feeling better soon. I hate scabs on the knee. Every time you *move* the stupid thing rips open again. Maybe you''ll have a war wound to share with your baby one day, though: "Back when your mommy wanted to have you ***SO*** badly, I was walking with Daddy, and...." Maybe I''m weird, but I used to love my mom telling me stories about when she was wanting me "so badly" before she was prego.

LL,

I sometimes get that way over the BBT thing, too. It''s not as bad as it once was, but I think my first BBT thermometer died so early because I was using it ALL the time. I''d take my temp before bed, just for kicks. Then if I woke up at 1 am, I''d take it again before going potty, just for kicks. Then when I woke up for the ''real'' temp, I''d take it three or so times, just to see how close the temps would be. Nuts. I do admit that in the 2ww I tend to wake up more expectant regarding taking the temp. "Please, don''t fall, please don''t fall," running through my head the whole time, as I''m trying to breathe warm air into my mouth to keep the temp high (yeah, nuts).

You''ve got friends just like you here, girl!!
3.gif

If your dogs indicate the children you''ll have, mine will be cute as buttons, and somewhat lacking in intelligence.
9.gif

Steph,

Now I see you DID test, but aren''t telling. Hmph! I''ll have to come back to see the results this evening. Don''t forget to post. It''s been a while since we got any pee stick results around here.

Today''s temp SKY ROCKETED. If tomorrow''s temp is high, too (I feel like I''ve said this oh I don''t know, 8 times this cycle), I will get crosshairs. I felt so confident this morning when I temped that I''ve finally, finally ovulated, that I didn''t wake Paul up early for BD. When his alarm went off, he was all confused, asking why I didn''t wake him earlier? I felt a little bad when the look in his eyes kind of saddened because I said we didn''t have to this morning since I thought my temp had changed enough. But don''t feel too sorry for him, he was back asleep and snoring in no time. When he did get up, he said he''d liked the extra nap. Me too.

*If* I did ovulate, it was yesterday, on CD 24 for me. Not as long as my longest, so I''m not going to complain. I''m just hoping like mad that this wasn''t a fluke high temp (as the past 4 highs have been). It''s the most dramatic rise, though, so I''m thinking it''s real. Hoping it''s real. You know the drill.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Hello my fellow TTC''ers! Just doing a quick drive-by as I have so much work to do.
39.gif
Anyway, I came across something last night that I found fascinating - it''s an article on how one doctor caught the process of ovulation on camera while performing a hysterectomy. Check it out! Link

Sabine, LL, Festy, InLuv, Fisher, Chinacat, Amber, Lovely, NovemberBride and anyone else I may have missed, I wish you all the best as we travel this journey with one another!
35.gif

Steph - I can''t wait to hear your news - I have such a good feeling about it and am rooting for you!
36.gif

2 DPO/CD 23....knit, knit, knit....

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting that link Blushing! Very interesting...

Looking forward to hearing Steph''s results! Will check back later.

CD18/2DPO
one more day of high temps & I''ll get crosshairs.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I slept like a champ last night! It was faboo! Didn''t temp either! I felt so freeeee!

Anyway, cool link BB!

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Steph - can''t wait to hear from you!

LL - I''m so happy for you that you got a kickass night''s sleep. Sleep is the ANSWER!

BB - thanks for the link! I''m a little nauseous, but so fascinated. No wonder ovulation kinda hurts! I sent it to DH. It will be way TMI for him, poor guy.

Amber - ok you win, I give up!
9.gif
Hey, about your knee though, be careful with it. I found out the hard way that even though it scabs over pretty quickly it is not healed on the inside. I once fell on my knee, had a big old scab for a while and then whacked it on the corner of my coffee table and proceeded to use every swear word I''d ever learned. (Believe me, there are a lot). It hurt like a you-know-what and oozed pus for a while.
14.gif

CD 20/7 DPO for me. Cramps again last night put me in a very bad mood. Why on earth would I get cramps so friggin soon after O? They''re not AF bad, but bad enough for me to sit up and take notice, and they''re not constant either. For the past two nights they''ve started right around 6:00 and lasted an hour or two. It makes me wonder if something is wrong in there. I have my regularly scheduled gyn. appointment in a couple of weeks so maybe she can tell me I''m normal! I''ve seen PG charts (ok one chart) on FF where someone had cramps pretty much every day of her cycle and still managed to get KTFU, so I should probably quit worrying. Thanks for letting me vent.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22404b

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 10:55:57 AM
Author: Festy

CD 20/7 DPO for me. Cramps again last night put me in a very bad mood. Why on earth would I get cramps so friggin soon after O? They''re not AF bad, but bad enough for me to sit up and take notice, and they''re not constant either. For the past two nights they''ve started right around 6:00 and lasted an hour or two. It makes me wonder if something is wrong in there. I have my regularly scheduled gyn. appointment in a couple of weeks so maybe she can tell me I''m normal! I''ve seen PG charts (ok one chart) on FF where someone had cramps pretty much every day of her cycle and still managed to get KTFU, so I should probably quit worrying. Thanks for letting me vent.
Cramps come with implantation and are really common in the first weeks of being preggo!
31.gif

They are also caused by beans
3.gif

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
LL -- Yay for good sleep!!
36.gif
Looking forward to joining the good sleep club after 1 more high temp.

Festy -- Maybe you are craming so early because of implantation?! 6 and 7 DPO...rnormal date range for implantion. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you chica!

ETA: See DD agrees about the cramping and she knows everything!!

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 11:04:33 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 11/21/2008 10:55:57 AM
Author: Festy

Cramps come with implantation and are really common in the first weeks of being preggo!
31.gif

They are also caused by beans
3.gif
Point taken.

[Puts hand on religious book of choice]...I, Festy of PS, do solemnly swear that I will temper my intake of beans, chickpeas and other legumes so as not to drive myself, DH and the sweet PSers crazy with my talk of gas, cramping and the like. Amen.

Thanks guys.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
OMG you girls are so entertaining!!!!!!!! LOL. Thanks for being so wonderful and funny and goofy and honest. you brightened my day!

Festy - I can relate to the legumes. They are my weakness right not too. All I have to say is, poor DH!
3.gif

Steph. Let's go lady!!!!
11.gif
How was the pee-pee?

ETA: Blushing. WILD link to that ovulation caught on camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow.

Amber, between you're tilted ute and my arculate ute - we're quite the pair. should we do a show about uteri? ...think Vagina monologues...with a "Utopian" twist. lol.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I''m the worst vegetarian in the history of the world- I hate almost all beans/legumes/things with skins covering mealy insides and a lot of veggies. It''s terrible because that means I''m also a terrible Mexican, with the bean hatred. My family likes to talk about freshly made refried beans and I just go, "oooooh, grosss..." Sad but true.

LL, I''m so glad you got a good night''s sleep. I know the whole temping thing totally pissed me off when we were in Hawaii because I had to wake myself up on days I should have been relaxing and sleeping in! I''m still kind of mad at myself for that. All I know is the second I get a BFP I''ll chuck my thermometer out the window because I HATE IT. As much as it helps me know things I wouldn''t normally know, I SO wish it could break and I could just be a normal person who doesn''t wake herself up every AM to stick something in her mouth and then record it later, all to share with people equally as entrenched in it. Not that I don''t adore all of you!
35.gif

Festy: my knee is gross. It disgusts ME, and I watch Man vs. Wild (mmm, Bear Grylls
18.gif
) during dinner. Takes a lot to turn my stomach. I hope those cramps you''re feeling are implantation ones!!

Steph: can''t wait to hear the news!

Fisher: I hope your MIL gets some good news soon, and that you and Paul (Teacher Paul twin!) enjoy some nice cups of cocoa and relax. Sounds weird, I know, because it totally came out of nowhere, but I love this weather because it''s cuddle weather! And yes, the dog is equally good at snuggling, but he tends to lick the couch a lot (??) and that''s kind of gross, so we usually kick him off the island and he goes and settles on the ottoman.

BB: It''s good to see you here! I hope everything is going well, I''m kind of busy at work too, now, with the oil industry getting a breath of fresh air with lower gas prices.

Mela: I''m totally down the the stage show. "Your Utes and You, tales of awkward baby holders"

CD14, no signs of O yet (I''m wondering about that, but I think it should be today or tomorrow), even though I typically O on the 14th/14th days.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
9 dpo and major spotting that has gotten worse throughout the day here.
39.gif
I really wasn''t expecting a bfp, but I was really hoping that my lp would start to get a little longer as my cycle regulated off bc, and it''s really depressing that it''s not. I''m starting to worry that I should see a dr. about it, but dh keeps telling me that my body might still be regulating and to wait a few more months.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ok, guys. Sorry to have kept you all waiting. I took a test yesterday and......POSITIVE!!!! Woohoo, I was soo excited. I picked hubby up from the airport today and had my 4 year old wearing a shirt that said "I am the big brother". He said "Dad, look at my new shirt!". Hubby read the first half out loud and then stopped and his mouth dropped open and said really? Then he ran over and gave me a big kiss! Needless to say we are all excited tonight. We are traveling to see family this weekend and we plan to tell them in person then. Good luck to everyone else and thanks for all the positive thoughts!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Yay, STEPH!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I came on just looking for that news.

Congratulations, sweetie!!

Yay!!

Here's hoping you started another trend!

How awesome to have such wonderful news to share with family this week!!!

Enjoy the blessing to its fullest!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, Fisher! I am praying that I started a trend here and all you girls will have your positives too soon!!!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Steph, that is wonderful news! Sending you lots of good thoughts, hope you are celebrating!
1.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys! FI would have an aneurism if he knew I was posting here! We are def not TTC (wedding in Set 09 and after 12 yrs together, still not positive we are going to have kids, but you never know, I may be eating these words later on).

I have heard there are programs/websites you can use to track your cycle. I don''t want to have to temp or anything, I just want to be able to plug in the dates of my period (I think you guys say AF?, got no idea why, maybe it''s an American thing, anyhoo) and work out when I am ovulating etc and my period is next due. My cycles are long, usually 5-6 weeks, and I would love to chart them over the next 12 months, just in case we get the baby vibes later on down the track.

Would also be useful to know if I am going to have to worry about wearing a white dress on my wedding day
40.gif

Thanks guys, sending positive vibes to all of you TTC. I know it can be a stressful time for some. My best friend recently lost her baby at 12 weeks, went for the second scan and no heartbeat, she was devastated. I was devastated, a cried for about two days for her and hubby, so I just can''t fathom what they were going through. So, my fingers are crossed for each and every one of you
35.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
OH STEPH that is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Momma! Wishing you, DH and DS a happy and healthy 9 months! See you on the Pg thread??
31.gif
31.gif

Honey - tee hee. Even though you''re not actively TTC, knowledge is power
2.gif
. Try www.fertilityfriend.com
the basic (free) membership is probably adequate for you since you don''t want to chart etc., however since you don''t appear to have typical 28 day cycle, it may be giving you inaccurate fertile days until you and the software figure out your true cycles. I know you don''t want to get toooooo into it...but tracking your Cervical Mucus / Fluids (CM or CF for short) is the best way to know what phase of your cycle you are in. That is, if you are not opposed to checking "down there".

There is lots of info about CM on this thread...perhaps someone else can tell you what page number Dreamers'' CM tutorial was on.

Good luck!
35.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Yay Steph!! What a great thing to come home to after a business trip!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 10:05:19 PM
Author: mela lu
OH STEPH that is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Momma! Wishing you, DH and DS a happy and healthy 9 months! See you on the Pg thread??
31.gif
31.gif

Honey - tee hee. Even though you''re not actively TTC, knowledge is power
2.gif
. Try www.fertilityfriend.com
the basic (free) membership is probably adequate for you since you don''t want to chart etc., however since you don''t appear to have typical 28 day cycle, it may be giving you inaccurate fertile days until you and the software figure out your true cycles. I know you don''t want to get toooooo into it...but tracking your Cervical Mucus / Fluids (CM or CF for short) is the best way to know what phase of your cycle you are in. That is, if you are not opposed to checking ''down there''.

There is lots of info about CM on this thread...perhaps someone else can tell you what page number Dreamers'' CM tutorial was on.

Good luck!
35.gif
Thanks Mela! I have no probs about checking down there! It takes a lot to make me think hmmm, TMI! I am a scientist so the more icky, the more into I am
2.gif

I am very concious of the changes in CM. I can def identify different types which I assume relates to different stages. Is there anywhere that would explain exactly what type means when? I believe you can fairly accurately predict when you are ovulating from the CM. We also use condoms and have to asbolutely avoid pregnancy at the moment as I am on methotrexate for my rheumatoid (not sure if you guys know what that is, but they use it for cancer treatment and also chemical abortions in some countries, so you can appreciate the importance of not falling preggo just yet). It would be great though to have a better idea of my cycle. I guess it would take several months of charting to indentify a pattern properly.

Hehehe! I am starting to get confused already. I thought, wow how did you know my other name (Steph), when I realised you were talking about another member)
37.gif

Congrats Steph BTW! I read your post! How cute!!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Steph!

Honey, www.fertility.com has a tutorial on charting which includes info on how to check your CM. You could also try picking up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility. If I remember correctly, it has pictures of the different kinds at one point. I''d look to make sure, but I''ve loaned my book to Sabine since I don''t need it anymore.

One really important thing to remember is that CM is a great way to know when your body is gearing up to O, but only temps can confirm that you actually have ovulated. Sometimes your body will gear up to O more than once before it actually does. I know you said you''re using condoms, but I just wanted to throw that out there so that you don''t get brave, lose the condoms thinking you''ve already ovulated and end up with a poorly timed pregnancy.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Urine is not my friend today!!!!
29.gif

I woke up, looked at the clock and thought it said 5:30, the time I usually temp., so I took my temp, and went to the bathroom, totally expecting to see full on AFF. There was only light spotting, and my temp was WAY UP! WTF?!? But then I remembered that in my disappointment last night, I had had one glass of wine with dinner. I also woke up really HOT because I was having a bad dream (that dh and I were fighting in front of my family and he stormed out), and my heart was pounding. So in my head, I said, okay, I''m not pregnant, I know I''m not pregnant, and I went back to bed.

I woke up again at 6 and temped again. STILL WAY UP even though I woke up cold this time. Must still be the alcohol. Decided to POAS just to see.

As I''m peeing, I hear the dog sniffing at the bathroom door, and I think to myself, hmm, that''s weird, she was in the bedroom with us, and I''m pretty sure I shut the bedroom door when I left.

BFN.

After a few minutes, I give up looking at the test, with full on plans to check again before it''s been 10 minutes. I open the door, and see that the bedroom door is in fact closed, but the dog is waiting for me looking all scared/guilty. She runs downstairs, and I see a weird pile on the floor. I touch it before I realize it''s throw up with all kinds of crap in it. I step away, grossed out, and my bare foot steps in something wet. UGH!

Apparently the dog snuck out of the room when I got up the first time without me noticing, and then I shut her out of the room, and in her anger/sadness, she ate a bunch of crap and peed on the floor. So I cleaned up after the dog, took her out, and went back upstairs. At this point it had been about a half an hour, and there was definitely an evap. line, but I have no idea how long it took to show up. GRRR. I had also already thrown out my urine...

I''m sure tomorrow my temp will drop and that I will either get AFF later today or tomorrow, but still, this whole thing is keeping me from being certain, which makes me really angry right now. Oh well, just have to get through today.

On another note, STEPH!!! Congrats!!! About time we had some good news around here! And the shirt idea was so cute!

And Honey, many of us use www.fertilityfriend.com to track our temps and cm. You could probably get an idea of your cycle by just tracking cm and then when you get your period (Aunt Fing Flow is aff), but you won''t be able to confirm which day you ovulate without taking your temperature. Good luck!

chart6.png

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Sabine, post a pic of this "evap" immediately!!!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Sabine, keeping my fingers crossed big time
2.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results