shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the kind words, guys! We are off to tell the grandparents today. I''m keeping my fingers crossed for all of you now!

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Steph!!! You are bringing us all good luck, for sure!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Steph!

Sabine, don''t panic. Just don''t drink too much or use the bathroom for 4 hours or so and then POAS.

I got my initial ''is it, isn''t it'' BFP at 5pm with an IC cheapy - and another one 2 hours later.

So start saving that pee! Good Luck!
9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Grr.

Still no stinking crosshairs. Frustration has set in. Today is CD 25 and CD 26 is the latest I''ve had an ovulation since I started charting, so I''m really thinking GRRR. A lot!

However, on a happy note, Paul went birthday shopping for me this morning! Yay!! He said he might have to come back and get my SUV if he ends up getting one thing that would be too big for his car. A big present for me???? I asked and asked and tried so hard to get hints, but NOTHING. Then I thought maybe he''d been doing some research online (ever the deep thinker in all things like this), but he''d erased the history! Dang it all, I''ve been able to find some really cool stuff out about presents and surprises in the past by checking history. Haha, yes, I am like a six year old trying to ruin surprises. It''s a lifelong fault of mine, I''m sure.

Sabine,

Thinking good thoughts for you, girl. You know the drill, it''s not over til it''s really over.

Hope your dog''s issues are better and you don''t find anymore of *that stuff* on the floor!!

Amber,

How''s the gangreene knee today?

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Steph!!!!!

Sabine- OMG your story made me laugh out loud. DH was like, what''s so funny and I couldn''t even begin to explain it without sounding insane.I know it''s not funny to you, but that seriously sounded like an Amber story. Doesn''t sound like you are out yet! Keeping everything crossed for you. It would be so cool if you and Robbie were preggo at the same time. My two BFF''s are due within a week of each other. They keep trying to get me preggo, everytime I talk to them. I was sick this week and one of them was like are you pregnant, could you be pregnant? It''s so funny. Keep us posted!

Amber- Your knee looks so painful. Is it weird that I kind of like bruises myself? I like watching the colors change. Hope it feels better soon! And you don''t need your knee to BD- unless you know some crazy position I don''t?
31.gif
Hoping you and your DH get some action this weekend. My DH was too tired and felt queasy last night, but I totally ignored him and did my best to "seduce" him and a good time was had by all! And it wasn''t even for BD, I think it was just all the wine I had talking.
3.gif

Who else? What else? Festy- aren''t you temping soon? Where is everybody on their cycles now?

I am CD22. Since I don''t know when/if I O''d, I won''t be temping unless AF is late. Which I guess would be around CD30? My cycles have been b/w 27 and 30 days so actually I probably won''t test until early December. Boring. But I also don''t think this is our month, we didn''t keep up the EOD plan b/c I got sick. So it''s highly unlikely for me. But I am good with that, I actually think getting preggo in December or even better January would be the most convenient for me. Wait, I forgot babies aren''t convenient, are they?

This morning DH and I slept in (well, till like 8:30) and I woke up and enjoyed the quiet and snuggled with DH and thought this is so nice. So like Fisher, I am really trying to enjoy the quiet time while we have it!

Hope everyone has a great day.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Okay Sabine, try try again!! I hope you get a BFP!

Fisher, I''m the same way with presents, I really have to know, and then I get all sad because nothing is a surprise. I''m a pain in my own hiney. My knee is okay, it''s gross and scabby and tender. Lame.

China, I have a hair appointment this morning (uh, noon, actually) and DH is playing basketball with his brother and nephews this morning, so he got back into bed and snuggled. He mentioned wanting to pick up around the house because if it''s too cluttered we could possibly misplace the baby in a mess! Being the typical happy Amber I was like, well, no problem because that''s not going to happen for a long time. And he was like, that''s IT, we''re giving you a baby tonight,and left. :) I can''t help being fed up with it, I mean, I''m ovulating today (from signs, cramping and EW), but he thinks it can happen at any time, and he just got lucky today!

Also: watching Freebirthing on the Discovery channel. This one woman is making me mad on it. This one woman did it all at home with her MIL and Husband, and when the placenta wasn''t birthed they had to go to the hospital where she wanted them to help her, and it''s just frustrating to me. Cutting the cord with a shoelace and scissors that were washed in the sink- no prenatal care, gaaah.

Ok, gotta get ready for my hair appointment!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Amber I so feel for you with the knee - they hurt so much more than you would think!

I did a very similar one a couple of years ago - tripped over on a pavement and went crashing to the ground slamming into railings as I went. Luckily I turned my head at the last second and so I just had stripey bruises down my face rather than a broken nose. I was so winded I couldn''t breathe for a while. I was also carrying a jar of honey on the comb - interesting mess....

At 5ft 10" it was a LONG way down. DH picked me up and I was shaking so much he had to get us a taxi home.

My knees looked very similar to yours and I had an appointment with my neurosurgeon 3 days later. When I got to the appointment he wasn''t there because of an major RTA he was dealing with and so I had to see a different doctor who I''d never met before.

He decided to test my reflexes - fully clothed - and when he whacked my knees I just about hit the ceiling. I''m sure he wrote "complete wuss with overexaggerated pain responses" on my notes. I tried to explain, but he just did this smile thing. Grrrr!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Paul''s back! And he brought presents! Whoo hoo buddy! I''ve been sequestered to the internet while he wraps them. He also brought me a package of Sour Patch Kids, knowing that would take a while to chew through. Too funny that he has to have a game plan when trying to get me to behave like an adult.

A package came today from my parents for my birthday. When Paul told me it was here (odd, because no one heard anything and the dogs didn''t even bark. They bark at EVERYONE.) I was running and jumping and screaming like a kid. It''s so much fun to get excited about stuff, I say why grow out of something like that?

Amber,

What did your Paul mean when he said he was getting a baby tonight? I was totally confused and read it twice and then was still confused (I mean, I do have presents on the brain right now).

I ran to this discount/closeout store in town (not a chain, and they have the most odd variation in items) and I found a snuggle me carseat cover for cold weather in brown, for $9.99. I got that bad boy and was so excited. If it had been blue or pink, I wouldn''t have, but brown is such a versatile color, who can resist? I should have, but didn''t. I''ve seen those in Babies are us for over 30 bucks, so I thought it was such a good deal, why not. If we do get preggo before Christmas, it can be the baby''s first Christmas present. I tried that rationalization with Paul when I showed him my amazing find. He just rolled his eyes and told me to put it in the baby room with all the other stuff. Hmph.
5.gif

Anyone else put up Christmas decorations yet this year? I just LOVE Christmas, so I get all into it. In our subdivision, I''ve noticed two other houses with Christmas trees up, lights on during the week. There''s just something about Christmas trees; they make me smile. Yay for this time of year!!!
9.gif

Now that Steph has tested and brought us great news, who''s next on the list? Anyone nearing that time yet? Me? No. I''m still in limbo waiting to see if I even have O''ed yet. I wish there was a way you could temp throughout the day to see, but then again, that would be leading me back to my obsession with the stupid thermometer. Just say no to temping all the time. I should repeat that to myself, maybe it will help.

Pandora,

Happy to see you visiting us again. I''ve been reading up on you over in the preggo thread; wishing good thoughts to come from all that work drama. Some people!! Keep your chin up and it''ll be fine.
9.gif

Cocoa. I''ve not had any of that yet this fall. Maybe tonight we will. That always screams Christmas to me, too. That and hot cider. Love that, too. But the real kind, not the open a package and dump it into the hot water kind. Bleh. That''s like vomit, I think.

Ebree,

If you''ve been lurking girl, know you''re being thought about. Wishing good things for you and hoping to see you soon!!
9.gif

Peony,

That goes for you, too.
9.gif

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone!!

Steph!! -- YAY and Congrats to you and your DH!
36.gif
We sure did need some good news around here...I''m seriously hoping you''ve started a trend!

Fisher -- I can totally relate on the whole getting excited about presents and your B-day! Mine is tomorrow and the hints that DH is dropping about my gifts and my anticipation is killing me! I hope you have a fantastic B-day and a belated B-day gift of a BFP. Those crosshairs are coming soon!

Sabine -- Fingers crossed for you girl!

CD19/3DPO for me. Got crosshairs today! Thermometer goes in the drawer until AFF shows up but hopefully I won''t need to pull it back out. I O''d 1 day earlier than previous months so my EOD plan didn''t have us BD on the day before O day, but oh well, what can I do now? Here''s my chart if anyone is interested.

''

watsoncycle3chart.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Pandora, that is almost exactly how I fell, minus the honey. All I had was a purse full of cracker packets that I filched off my dad at lunch that day, and was truly looking forward to! It still aches though, which sucks.

Fisher: Paul meant he''ll give me a baby tonight, as in a baby in nine months. Silly man.

I''m back from my haircut, it looks lovely! I also went out for Japanese with my dad, looooove tempura!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
InLuv,

Happy birthday tomorrow!!!
9.gif

Amber,

Confident husband you have there! Here''s hoping!!!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday, Inluv!

Okay, I''m going crazy here. Those of you who have gotten bfn''s before, is there NOTHING where that fateful second pink line should be? Or can you always see a *hint* of a line? I woke up at 5 this morning, my temp was exactly the same as yesterday, and since yesterday morning I haven''t really had much spotting at all, and if I had, it''s been like slightly brown cm. So I tested again today. And I''m pretty sure it''s a bfn, but I can still see the slightest bit of a line. I''ll attach 2 pics. In one, crazy me thinks you can sorta see what I''m talking about, and in the other, it definitely looks like a bfn. Help!

Either way, I''m actually starting to have some hope. I''m still only 11 DPO, so I guess I will just have to see what happens tomorrow and Wed. I have 2 more tests (one FRER and one CBE), but I think I am going to run out today and get a digital, and if I''m still getting a vague test on Tues. I''ll use that.

pgtest2.jpg

Sabine

Ideal_Rock

pgtester1.jpg

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I should add, dh definitely thinks it''s a bfn and I''m crazy, but I think he''s starting to get his hopes up too...

pgtester3.jpg

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Please tell me honestly what you think of it, I won''t be upset if you tell me you can''t see anything!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Sabine,

Man, I hope that line darkens up.
9.gif

I've gone rounds and rounds with pee sticks, either thinking I see something or Paul thinking he sees something. I think if you look hard enough and can see where the line is supposed to be (because there is some sort of indention or change in the material its made of there), it makes you think you see something. Last cycle, Paul was convinced it was a line, but it wasn't.

I don't remember exactly what it looked like, so I can't help you much.

But I do know that I do see something, and I do know that if it is positive, it will be darker with time.
9.gif

Hoping with all my heart for you, Sabine!!!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Sabine,

There is the website with all the pee sticks that you can go to. It shows what a faint positive may look like for different brands. Not that scientific, but still a site I visit each time I think I have a positive.
9.gif

http://www.peeonastick.com/hpt/+.html

Wait, that was the plus/minus test. Hmph. I'll try to find the part with the FRER tests.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
OMG, that''s so a bfp! I''m going to tweak it in photoshop so you can see it better!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I don''t know that I made this a ton clearer, but I could honestly see it before I did anything to it. I''m so freakin excited!

sabinetest112308.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sabine, a line is a line (as long as it''s within the time window, and not an evap line) even mine with all my crazy twin hormones was SUPER light the first time. I was looking at it in every lighting situation possible!!!!

But I have to say esp. with Robbie''s photoshop that it looks like there is a line there...I will keep my fingers crossed for you but I would go and get a variety of other tests if it were me!!!!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Sabine, I can easily see a line in EACH of those pictures. Darling, that is not a negative test!
36.gif
You said you're 11 dpo, so pretty early, I am positive that you will be seeing a darker line in the coming days
9.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
That is without a doubt a BFP - and I reckon you''ll get a + on an early response digi tomorrow!

It is certainly darker than my BFP''s were at 11DPO.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
36.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks girls! I''m starting to get really excited/nervous! DH can definitely see a line now, but he is still trying to not get his hopes up! I can''t WAIT till tomorrow morning to test again!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Sabine,

Tomorrow when you test, pee in a cup, that way you can re-test if you want to, with a different type of test. I''ve heard that helps get rid of doubt.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 9:47:11 AM
Author: Sabine
Thanks girls! I''m starting to get really excited/nervous! DH can definitely see a line now, but he is still trying to not get his hopes up! I can''t WAIT till tomorrow morning to test again!

You don''t NEED to wait until tomorrow. Just don''t go drinking a gallon of water before you test.
2.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Sabine, this was my BFP FRER at 12DPO if that gives you something to compare against:

pantests%20003.jpg

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
You know, if someone could come up with a test that gives NO faint lines, but still gives the results at such a small level of HCG, they''d be my hero.

Isn''t it that the digital requires a level of 50, or am I mis-remembering things?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 10:25:34 AM
Author: fisherofmengirly
You know, if someone could come up with a test that gives NO faint lines, but still gives the results at such a small level of HCG, they'd be my hero.

Isn't it that the digital requires a level of 50, or am I mis-remembering things?

The problem with a super super low-threshold test (whether it's digital or not) is that we naturally have some HCG in our bodies, so the lower you go with the threshold the less reliable the test is. AND not to mention the fact that these tests are not calibrated to be good ONLY at 50 or 25 miu. Each batch can be a bit different, the number on the package is only an upper bound. So you might get a batch of "25 miu" sensitivity tests that could give you a faint positive reading super low because the quality control just isn't there.

That's why the digitals and most tests usually are down to about 50 because no woman really should have that much in their bodies unless they are preggers...

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 10:28:22 AM
Author: neatfreak

You know, if someone could come up with a test that gives NO faint lines, but still gives the results at such a small level of HCG, they''d be my hero.

Isn''t it that the digital requires a level of 50, or am I mis-remembering things?

The problem with a super super low-threshold test (whether it''s digital or not) is that we naturally have some HCG in our bodies, so the lower you go with the threshold the less reliable the test is. AND not to mention the fact that these tests are not calibrated to be good ONLY at 50 or 25 miu. Each batch can be a bit different, the number on the package is only an upper bound. So you might get a batch of ''25 miu'' sensitivity tests that could give you a faint positive reading super low because the quality control just isn''t there.

That''s why the digitals and most tests usually are down to about 50 because no woman really should have that much in their bodies unless they are preggers...
Hmm, that makes sense. But I''d still like something that tells me without a doubt (even if I''m carrying the thing around in the backyard looking for the *right light* from the sun) that I''m preggo.

9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 10:41:05 AM
Date: 11/23/2008 10:28:22 AM

Author: neatfreak

The problem with a super super low-threshold test (whether it''s digital or not) is that we naturally have some HCG in our bodies, so the lower you go with the threshold the less reliable the test is. AND not to mention the fact that these tests are not calibrated to be good ONLY at 50 or 25 miu. Each batch can be a bit different, the number on the package is only an upper bound. So you might get a batch of ''25 miu'' sensitivity tests that could give you a faint positive reading super low because the quality control just isn''t there.

That''s why the digitals and most tests usually are down to about 50 because no woman really should have that much in their bodies unless they are preggers...

Hmm, that makes sense. But I''d still like something that tells me without a doubt (even if I''m carrying the thing around in the backyard looking for the *right light* from the sun) that I''m preggo.

9.gif

Lol. A digital is your best bet then. At least there isn''t any line to read with those!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results