shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
The stats from last night are really interesting and encouraging! I''d expect TTC boards to have more people on them that are having problems. Many people who just start probably don''t seek out that type of thing until they start to have problems, you know?

DD, I''m basically a risk analyst. My office has a strict internet policy, so I''m never online at work (unless, of course, it''s work related). I have to get my PS fix in the evenings and weekends.

My temp dropped slightly this morning (10dpo), to the level it was at just after O. So it''s still elevated but not triphasic. Ah well.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 5:43:50 PM
Author: Blenheim
The stats from last night are really interesting and encouraging! I''d expect TTC boards to have more people on them that are having problems. Many people who just start probably don''t seek out that type of thing until they start to have problems, you know?

DD, I''m basically a risk analyst. My office has a strict internet policy, so I''m never online at work (unless, of course, it''s work related). I have to get my PS fix in the evenings and weekends.

My temp dropped slightly this morning (10dpo), to the level it was at just after O. So it''s still elevated but not triphasic. Ah well.

Doesn''t need to be triphasic to get a big fat positive though.
2.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
That''s why I''m not too upset.
1.gif
I just thought it would be cool to have a triphasic chart.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry about the list all.......I got a little hyper and didn''t think it through.

Besides a teaching credential, I have an MSW and worked as a medical SW mainly in OB/NICU but also throughout acute care including ICU-trauma.

I left my job 24 weeks into preg. (12/06), sold my house and moved & now stay at home.

Although we are not home very much. I know u can''t tell that by the amt. of time I spend on PS.
4.gif

I frequent another forum but I have diff. issues than u gals as u know re. TTC.

Plus having spent 3 yrs in OB/NICU has scared the bejeezus out of me! So I''m totally overly cautious.

I''m in CA, hi Amber
35.gif

Soon moving to Orange County - egads another "housewife of the OC." I recently inherited my dad''s house and we''re fixing it up.

I hope to get preggers before the move b/c I love the RE I have now. Plus I''d love to be out of the 1st trimester window.

Social work is exhausting especially in a hospital setting. Sorta glad to have this down time w/ Olivia.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
my fingers are crossed for you blen - glad to hear that the temp is still high

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, everyone has such interesting jobs! Two researchers, a bookkeeper, a marketer, an environmental lawyer, a risk analyst, and a medical social worker/SAHM (best job of all, of course
1.gif
). Too cool!

Blenheim who cares if it isn''t triphasic! Maybe the drop is an implantation dip? How long is your typical luteal phase, have you charted enough cycles to know? Just curious.

Lisa What? You, enthusiastic?? Hyper?? Nooooooooo
2.gif
I can definitely imagine that working in an OB/NICU could make your cautious, I think I would go mental for sure in that type of environment. Congrats on the new house, though I''m sorry for the circumstances... did your father pass or did he have to leave his home for other reasons? Either way, I''m sorry
7.gif

Here is somthing I have been wondering about... the research Indy posted has got me really thinking about women''s cycles and what is "normal". Obviously, there is great variance between women in how regular their cycles are in terms of when they O and thus how long their luteal phases are. This seems to be despite the fact that the common "wisdom" is that all women ovulate around cd-14. And we always hear about how within a woman, irregularity in cycles is a bad thing. Presumably, since the luteal phase is pretty constant, if a woman is irregular it means that her O day moves around a lot from month to month. Is this always a bad thing? Of course, it means that unless you use FAM it will be really hard to conceive, since you are aiming at a moving target that you can''t see, but if a woman uses FAM this wouldn''t be a problem. So is the sommon "wisdom" saying that irregularity within a single woman is bad another example of drawing a conclusion before too much research is done? What is the "normal" or "average" amount of irregularity in women?

Just something I was wondering about today.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
WOW there is a lot to catch up on. You ladies were busy today!
I have to agree with the no lists, I don''t want to look back and see I''m still on the list when you ladies have all moved to the preggers thread
2.gif

According to fertility friend it says I ovulated on the 26th, but I don''t think I did until the 27th. We''ll see, a few more temps and it may adjust it. Anyway, it says I should wait to test until the 9th of June.

I don''t really know how to knit, actually I did at one time but it''s been many years, but I love the name of the Stitch n Bitch. I think that''s hilarious.

I am a nurse in a PICU. I work 12 hour shifts so some days I have loads of time for PS and others none at all. I rarely have time to even think about the internet at work.

It is nice to know where everyone is in their cycles. I am going out for sushi tomorrow night with a friend, I figure I better do it now because eventually I won''t be able to!
Good luck everyone!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 10:43:45 PM
Author: tiffanytwisted
WOW there is a lot to catch up on. You ladies were busy today!
I have to agree with the no lists, I don''t want to look back and see I''m still on the list when you ladies have all moved to the preggers thread
2.gif

According to fertility friend it says I ovulated on the 26th, but I don''t think I did until the 27th. We''ll see, a few more temps and it may adjust it. Anyway, it says I should wait to test until the 9th of June.

I don''t really know how to knit, actually I did at one time but it''s been many years, but I love the name of the Stitch n Bitch. I think that''s hilarious.

I am a nurse in a PICU. I work 12 hour shifts so some days I have loads of time for PS and others none at all. I rarely have time to even think about the internet at work.

It is nice to know where everyone is in their cycles. I am going out for sushi tomorrow night with a friend, I figure I better do it now because eventually I won''t be able to!
Good luck everyone!
I have a feeling none of us actually know how to knit, Tiffany, you are in the right company
2.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Whoa there! I''m a not half bad knitter, actually.
2.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Check out the pumpkin hat I made for my secretary''s baby! It''s on Page 3 of the crafty pscopers thread.

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/hangout/crafty-pscopers-knitting-t70467-60.html

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Indy ever think of selling your hats?

Olivia would looks so cute! Only it never goes below 65 degrees here in CA.

DD you guessed it, my dad died last Nov. when Olivia was 7 months old. My sw skills really came into play as he had 11 hospitalizations,
3 craniotomies (frontal lobe tumor), went home on hospice and went back to hospital for tracheostomy and back home w/ private duty nursing
for a month before he died at home. We lived in the house w/ him for the duration w/ the baby.

It was an unbelievable year. I lost 40 + llbs post pregnancy (could be screwing up my body now) and ran on vapors.

I had a nursing home investigated by the state and almost shut down from negligence and several private nursing co''s examined for foul play by JACHO (accrediting body).

We went so far off script on management of a critically ill pt. at home that I want to write a book to help other families whose
loved ones die in the hospital b/c they are unaware of the resources and possibilities within the system.

So here''s a pic. of the redone kitchen. Whatcha think?

KITCHEN.PSjpg.jpg

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
New stairs - oak.

The house is vintage 1970''s totally Brady Bunch.

We created a sort of retro-revival look w/ crystal doorknobs, all natural materials (slate, hardwood) and subway tiles lots of subway tiles.

Stairs1.PSjpg.jpg

merlinthecat

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 9:18:17 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Wow, everyone has such interesting jobs! Two researchers, a bookkeeper, a marketer, an environmental lawyer, a risk analyst, and a medical social worker/SAHM (best job of all, of course
1.gif
). Too cool!

Blenheim who cares if it isn''t triphasic! Maybe the drop is an implantation dip? How long is your typical luteal phase, have you charted enough cycles to know? Just curious.

Lisa What? You, enthusiastic?? Hyper?? Nooooooooo
2.gif
I can definitely imagine that working in an OB/NICU could make your cautious, I think I would go mental for sure in that type of environment. Congrats on the new house, though I''m sorry for the circumstances... did your father pass or did he have to leave his home for other reasons? Either way, I''m sorry
7.gif

Here is somthing I have been wondering about... the research Indy posted has got me really thinking about women''s cycles and what is ''normal''. Obviously, there is great variance between women in how regular their cycles are in terms of when they O and thus how long their luteal phases are. This seems to be despite the fact that the common ''wisdom'' is that all women ovulate around cd-14. And we always hear about how within a woman, irregularity in cycles is a bad thing. Presumably, since the luteal phase is pretty constant, if a woman is irregular it means that her O day moves around a lot from month to month. Is this always a bad thing? Of course, it means that unless you use FAM it will be really hard to conceive, since you are aiming at a moving target that you can''t see, but if a woman uses FAM this wouldn''t be a problem. So is the sommon ''wisdom'' saying that irregularity within a single woman is bad another example of drawing a conclusion before too much research is done? What is the ''normal'' or ''average'' amount of irregularity in women?

Just something I was wondering about today.

It''s as normal to be irregular, as it is to be regular! As long as there are no problems with polycystic ovaries (which can cause irregularity) or block tubes, conceiving should not be a problem. In fact my aunty only used to have 3-4 cycles per year, yet still managed to produce 4 healthy children with no assistance whatsoever!

You also have to take into account that the man''s level of fertility can play a part in this too. A very fertile guy can compensate for a women who perhaps doesn''t ovulate as often.

I have to be honest, unless you''re under the supervision of a doctor and having some kind of treatment, I''m not too keen on the charts. They can cause anxiety and tension.....and our bodies don''t always run like clockwork. For those women who have no reason to think they might have a problem, I''d just forget about it, and let nature do the rest!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
DD - This is my 8th cycle charting, so I have a decent grasp of what my body''s doing. I have a 14 day luteal phase. I know it really doesn''t matter if it''s triphasic, I just thought it was cool that it was starting to look like textbook preg charts, you know? And despite yesterday''s lower temp, the software gave me triphasic today. I don''t understand, but it''s pretty cool anyway!

My luteal phases have been consistent, but I''ve ovulated between day 13 and 21 of the cycle. My first cycle was anovulatory, but I was also coming off hbc for that one. I personally have problems with doctors views of what''s normal in the female body. They often go off of such old, inaccurate knowledge. The 40 week pregnancy was created because some doctor declared that pregs should last 10 moon months (whatever they''re called), and although the average length of pregnancy is just over 41 weeks, many will induce at or before 41 weeks. I could go on and on, but have to run off to work.

I like charting, personally, but can understand why some women don''t like charting for them. But I''ve been doing it for birth control anyway, and I just think it''s so cool how our bodies are built and how the cycle works. Seeing my chart reaffirms that for me. And while my body doesn''t run like clockwork, it''s not a clock anyway and it does work in predictable ways.

Lisa, your house is so cool. I love the bathroom tile and the built ins with the bay window. Do you know what colors you''re painting everything? When are you moving in? I''m so sorry to hear about your dad though.

I actually can knit. I''m doing the finishing trim on a dog sweater right now (i.e., for the past couple of months - now that it''s warmer it''s hard to find the motivation because she''s not going to wear it).

I think I''m going to test tomorrow morning.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Merlin I see where you''re coming from. But charting allows you to figure out when you''re most fertile and whether you''re ovulating - necessary since we CAN''T assume it''s on Day 14. Plus, if there IS a problem, you can take your charts to the doctor and it makes things much easier for the doctor to help you figure out. (And by the way, I like to think of it as the doctor helping you figure something out, not ''being supervised'' by a doctor. I''m not a child who needs supervision! I''m an adult who may need expert advice. Sorry... just a little pet peeve.) It saves time at that point, and time, for some of us, is of the essence at this point.

For me, there''s no downside. I don''t find charting makes me nervous at all - although it might for some women. Reading about all the things that can go wrong sure makes me nervous sometimes. But not charting. It''s a good way to manage the fact that we CAN''T just assume Day 14 is a good day for some F-tastic.

Although, as far as I''m concerned, everyday''s a good day for F-tastic!
31.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, and Lisa your house is gorgeous!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Indy- Those hats are soo cute! I may have to dig out my knitting needles and see what I can recall.

Lisa- The house looks incredible. So sorry to hear about what you went through with your father. It sounds like he had an incredible daughter who took excellent care of him. As you update the house, keep taking photos for us!!

Blenheim- I have read (I think in tcoyf) that while the day of ovulation may vary, most women''s lutel phase is consistently the same number of days. Good luck!!

Merlin- I personally like the information that charting gives me. I don''t think it adds extra stress. I like knowing for sure that I ovulated and when. But that''s just me. If I were younger I might have more of the "just see what happens" attitude, but I''m also sort of a control freak, so who knows. I find what I''ve learned about my body amazing since I''ve been charting.

So, when I put my temp in this morning fertility friend altered my ovulation date to day 14 (which I suspected). So I am now 3 DPO.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess I spoke too soon and in fact there are a couple of real knitters on here! Okay, well they can take care of the "stichin'" and the rest of us will take care of the "bitchin'"... sound good?
2.gif
My grandma is actually a killer knitter. She sells it at craft fairs. I am really hoping she will make stuff for my baby when he/she ever instantiates--she makes beautiful hats, booties, sweaters, and even knit dolls which are truly lovely. Right now grandma only knits Barbie Doll clothing because it is easy and fast
23.gif

LISA I'm so sorry for what you had to go through. My mom and MIL dealt with similar issues in the last years caring for their parents. That is such a difficult transition, from child to caregiver, I wouldn't be at all suprised if that stress is still affecting your body today! On the brighter side, your house is stunning! I love how wide the staircase is! I am jealous... love the bathroom tile too, so vintage and cool.

Blenheim, indy, tiffany I totally agree with you about charting. I can see how some people would opt not to do it, but for me it has been a wholly enlightening experience. I have learned so much about the simple processes in my body, and I plan to use FAM as a method of birth control for the rest of my life. I'm just really not keen on the effects that HBC had on my body. And it definitely decreases my anxiety and makes me feel "in charge" of my fertility, as cheesy as that sounds. Like Blen and Indy expressed, I am not wild about some aspects of the medical world and do not have complete and utter blind faith in doctors... they are people, too, and have gaps in the knowledge and can certaintly make mistakes. Especially about women's bodies there just seems to be a paucity of knowledge about normal processes. That's one reason why I will use a midwife for my primary care during pregnancy and after.

I actually think some of my friends who are not charting and are getting frustrated trying to get preggers should chart. I highly suspect they are not timing intercourse for the right times in their cyces and are just assuming they ovulate at CD 14. Unfortunately I only know they are trying through the grapevine so I can't suggest it to them!
15.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, the house looks great! We also had to deal with my grandma, she had a brain tumor and something else sounding like hemangioma that wasn''t actually a hemangioma! We took her to Cedars, where they operated on the wrong SIDE of her brain, which kind of wiped out her motor skills. We took her home, and had a variety of home nurses, some who were downright despicable, just the most horrible person who ever walked the earth, then again, her final nurse treated her like her own mother. We thank the stars our grandma had someone who cared so much for her at the end, to watch over and care for her.

Now. I woke up with the worst back pain. My allergies have been so terrible lately, I''m barely functioning.
1.gif
My temp went down a whole lot today, which was interesting, but whatever. I agree with you ladies about being glad to know that you are in fact ovulating, with use of the chart. Although I''m probably the worst hypochondriac around, having this chart has made me LESS worried. I think that had I not decided to create it, I would constantly fret about my fertility. There''s no longer a "normal" or "abnormal", I suppose, since most of the time the person''s regular cycle is normal for THEM, so it''s good to know what MY normal is.
35.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
In more gross news, I am finding that I have much more CF this month in general than I did last month, which is a great thing to see... I think my body is finally adjusting to being off BCPs. I wonder if some of the variance in how long it takes women to regain fertility after BCP has something to do with how much their CF was affected by the hormones? Some women seem to still have lots of CF on BCP, whereas I had absolutely none.

I have also noticed that my temps are very steady pre-O, which makes it easy to see the "big picture" I guess. Last cycle my chart showed a bit of a bi-phasic pattern pre-O-- temps below the cover line until CD-9 and then a dip to steady lower temps for 3 days before O. Today, CD-8, my temp took a dive to a lower temp than I had seen in the previous week and I am *wondering* if this is the start of the pre-O dip I saw last month?

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I have noticed sometimes my temps are a little erratic during my period. They dip the day it starts, and then the next few days go up and down. I have read it has to do with the progesterone returning to normal.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hm, I''m CD7 (I think?), and my temps went down from 97.2ish to 96.99. Not a big difference, but noticeable. I''m supposed to O in 5 days, though, so not that close. I''ve looked at the last cycles CD7, and what do you know, almost the exact same thing. Crazy.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tiffany, I heard that too... it makes sense. Then the dip later could also be a result of increasing estrogen, which lowers temps.

Date: 5/30/2008 11:37:54 AM
Author: AmberWaves
Hm, I'm CD7 (I think?), and my temps went down from 97.2ish to 96.99. Not a big difference, but noticeable. I'm supposed to O in 5 days, though, so not that close. I've looked at the last cycles CD7, and what do you know, almost the exact same thing. Crazy.
Amber: My pattern is also looking eerily similar to last month! Crazy! FYI I read in TCOYF that when using fahrenheit temps you should round to the nearest 1/10th of a degree... the 1/100th is a little too specific and could be confusing, all you really care about are shifts of 10ths of degrees.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock

lunch break!

lisa, i love what you're doing with the house. especially that tile in the bathroom - it looks smashing (though sorry about your father).

blen anymore temperature updates?

right now for me, i'm trying to get into a bit better shape. i had been great for the last two years, but since the new year i've fallen off the wagon, so to speak and put on approx. five or so pounds. certainly not a big deal, but i do want to try to be in the best physical condition that i can be before getting knocked-up...it's just hard that it's essential summer. we have so many more social outings/eating/no exercise evenings.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I am feeling depressed about baths. Baths, you say? Yes, baths. DH looooves long hot baths. And apparently, regular prolonged exposure to heat (hot tubs, baths, working as a baker) can DRASTICALLY lower the chances. It will apparently take 3-6 months before it stops having an effect.

I gather it may still be alright, but I''m not getting my hopes up at this point. We didn''t need something silly like this to pose an extra challenge.

But it''s good we found out NOW rather than another 6 months from now.
38.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 1:34:19 PM
Author: Independent Gal
I am feeling depressed about baths. Baths, you say? Yes, baths. DH looooves long hot baths. And apparently, regular prolonged exposure to heat (hot tubs, baths, working as a baker) can DRASTICALLY lower the chances. It will apparently take 3-6 months before it stops having an effect.

I gather it may still be alright, but I''m not getting my hopes up at this point. We didn''t need something silly like this to pose an extra challenge.

But it''s good we found out NOW rather than another 6 months from now.
38.gif
Indy if you are worried about that, get him to go into the doc for an analysis of his...fluids. I am at a loss for a PS friendly term that isn''t a little gross.
19.gif
They will tell you simply and easily if this is an issue and then you can forget about it, because I bet there isn''t a problem. The human race would have died long ago if the boys were THAT easily disturbed!

In the mean time, no more baths!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I think the best thing would be for me to just take a deep breath and try not to worry about it just yet. It''s not worth making him go to the doctor yet! And I told him I''d cut out baths too, to make it fair. He''s planning to completely quit booze with me when the time comes. So, y''know, least I can do.
2.gif

Funny, isn''t it. If I could go to the doc right now and have her tell me, quickly and painlessly and non-invasively, whether everything was in good working order, I''d be there in a split second! I''d so much rather know. But it seems like, for many guys, it''s this huge trauma and they''d rather not know until they have to. BOYS!
20.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 2:03:49 PM
Author: Independent Gal
I think the best thing would be for me to just take a deep breath and try not to worry about it just yet. It's not worth making him go to the doctor yet! And I told him I'd cut out baths too, to make it fair. He's planning to completely quit booze with me when the time comes. So, y'know, least I can do.
2.gif

Funny, isn't it. If I could go to the doc right now and have her tell me, quickly and painlessly and non-invasively, whether everything was in good working order, I'd be there in a split second! I'd so much rather know. But it seems like, for many guys, it's this huge trauma and they'd rather not know until they have to. BOYS!
20.gif
I agree with you, in a second I would waltz on down and learn that I was all healthy. Especially since the test for men is so simple and painless, if a little embarassing. For women, there are 1001 tests and even then it may not be conclusive! But no use getting the panies in a bunch, I am totally sure it is fine. I bet he would need to basically POACH in hot water for it to affect him!

BTW I'm glad I don't know you two in person if you are both going to stop bathing until you conceive! Phew!
14.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results